Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Sprint Fires 1000 Customers
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Service Providers
ArthurWill
user posted image

Back in June, Sprint Nextel sent letter to 1,000 customers informing them that because they had called the customer service number too much, their contracts were being terminated. surrender.gif

QUOTE(direct quote from the letter)
Our records indicate that over the past year, we have received frequent calls from you regarding your billing or other general account information...Therefore, after careful consideration, the decision has been made to terminate your wireless service agreement effective July 30, 2007.

Not a surprised to learn that this results in massive discussions over the web. Worst of all, it seems that Sprint might not aware of the consequences their decision yet.

A terrible move indeed! 1.gif
ssivic
This is....I dont know the propper word for it....I never heard that some company that lives from costumers, cancelled their concract...
milkmang
LOL

is all i can say....they must be a big company to let that many services go
adonisdemon
Morons! haha.gif Who fires their customers!??
ArthurWill
Now that the news created all these buzz, Sprint still stand by the decisions they made. How this is going to end, we shall see. smile.gif

"These accounts have been researched very carefully," Sprint spokeswoman Roni Singleton said. "We feel strongly that the decisions we made, we stand by them. These decisions weren't made lightly." Singleton said the targeted subscribers each made 40 to 50 calls a month to customer service. Singleton said the review also found that the subscribers often were calling about the same problems over and over after Sprint officials felt they had resolved the issue.

The interesting bit is that Sprint officials felt they had resolved the issue.

Come on, I don't think people would call so many times a month for issue that doesn't exist at all. The last thing I would do is to call any customer service hot line. Most of the time, the waiting time before reaching an operator is simply, unbearable. wacko.gif
milkmang
10.gif

for the quote

"These accounts have been researched very carefully,"

seriously, how many people call up for help each day....

i work in a Telstra Shop, and i make at least 10-50 phone calls a day on behalf of all different customers

now everytime you explain something and get transferd, it adds more notes onto an account, so one phone call can turn into seven after you get diverted that many times

I say good on them for not backing down on the decision they made, weather good or bad tongue.gif
ArthurWill
now everytime you explain something and get transferd, it adds more notes onto an account, so one phone call can turn into seven after you get diverted that many times

Does that mean if calls were transfered a couple of times, disconnected or in the event if a customer was told to call a different number, all of these will be counted as separate calls even though they were made around the same time aiming to solve the same problem? blink.gif

Btw, nice avatar. thumbsup.gif
milkmang
QUOTE(ArthurWill @ Jul 13 2007, 07:02 PM)

Does that mean if calls were transfered a couple of times, disconnected or in the event if a customer was told to call a different number, all of these will be counted as separate calls even though they were made around the same time aiming to solve the same problem? blink.gif

Btw, nice avatar. thumbsup.gif
[right][snapback]371492[/snapback][/right]

Thanks,

and yes sometimes you can be explaining something, they say hold on ill check it out, after a minute or two (sometimes 10) they say ill have to transfer you to blah

then you go through the whole scenario again,

i did it for a customer was transferd 5-6 times...
ohmy.gif

i checkd the notes on the account after i got off the phone, lol 12 separate notes all saying the same thing, obviously in different ways etc, but still its prety bad, so i can see were they are coming from interms of that, but 50 times in a month, if somethings resolved you dont hear from that person for a while

i say its their loss
arbri135
stupid
muhib_shah
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Dec 26 2009, 12:40 AM) *
stupid

you are right
Alamin007
ohmy.gif
kochaji
In India its 5 calls maximum allowed in India
kochaji
In India we allowed to call a maximum of 5 calls
Raindeer123
rifle.gif wacko.gif gun_bandana1.gif
CLEOPATTRA
that is ridiculous...
inakhe
QUOTE (CLEOPATTRA @ Jan 17 2011, 06:03 PM) *
that is ridiculous...

Really very stupid and got horrible temper. I mean their bosses. Ha.
CLEOPATTRA
QUOTE (inakhe @ Jan 19 2011, 08:34 AM) *
that is ridiculous...

i agree..........
inakhe
QUOTE (CLEOPATTRA @ Jan 20 2011, 12:21 AM) *
QUOTE (inakhe @ Jan 19 2011, 08:34 AM) *
that is ridiculous...

i agree..........

gathering.gif likewise in india where only 5 calls per day is permitted, they could have done that. I do not understand what they mean by that after careful consideration, the step was taken. It does not make sense.
tpertin7
Bad move indeed.1.gif
inakhe
QUOTE (tpertin7 @ Jan 21 2011, 01:12 PM) *
Bad move indeed.1.gif

Yes bro. Strange too.
CLEOPATTRA
QUOTE (inakhe @ Jan 21 2011, 10:19 AM) *
QUOTE (tpertin7 @ Jan 21 2011, 01:12 PM) *
Bad move indeed.1.gif

Yes bro. Strange too.

poor business management skills indeed:...:
eliasjan
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Jul 12 2007, 01:24 PM) *

Back in June, Sprint Nextel sent letter to 1,000 customers informing them that because they had called the customer service number too much, their contracts were being terminated. surrender.gif

QUOTE (direct quote from the letter)
Our records indicate that over the past year, we have received frequent calls from you regarding your billing or other general account information...Therefore, after careful consideration, the decision has been made to terminate your wireless service agreement effective July 30, 2007.

Not a surprised to learn that this results in massive discussions over the web. Worst of all, it seems that Sprint might not aware of the consequences their decision yet.

A terrible move indeed! 1.gif

Not Good Action
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.