UPDATED RULES (1st August 2012)
Objective of STC:
- To create a competitive and friendly environment for Symbian Themers
- To improve the skills of theme creating of each members and create better themes
- To interact with other themers and learn from each others
- the competition is open to all M9 members.
- every 2 weeks, a topic is chosen. You will then work on a theme which fits the topic.
- there will be 3 threads, a topic thread, a final entry thread, and a voting thread.
The topic thread is where you can post your potential entry previews and receive comments from others. You are encourage to do the same - discuss & post your comments about other's entries. It's reciprocal, if you give constructive comments, you will most likely to receive comments from others which will help you to improve your entry.
The final entry thread is the place to post your final entry preview. A final entry preview is an image with at least 75% of the screens from the theme represented. Once your entry preview is in this thread, it is FINAL. It cannot be changed if you later wish to change it.
You must post your final entry preview along with (1) mobile9's gallery link, (2) link to the screenshot of your working program, Example, (3) the reference if you are using an online constructor.
The voting thread will be available once the deadline of the competition is reached. All participants must vote. Participants who failed to vote will be excluded from the competition.
- at the end of the competition, the winners will be announced. The themer who won the first place will then choose a topic & any restrictions for the next competition.
- you can use any pictures/styles as long as they stick to the topic & restriction.
- you can only submit one entry for each Symbian Theme Contest (STC).
- the submitted entry must be NEW, which means it hasn't been released to the public both at mobile9 and other web sites.
- the submitted entry must be ORIGINAL as well, altering wallpaper of existing/known theme are not allowed inn STC.
- winners will be selected by a panel of judges.
- All participants have to vote and you cannot vote for yourself.
- Only participants, Rising/Certified/Gifted/Legendary artists' vote will be counted.
The panel of judges is made up of two judges (top-notch themer/ another site owner) and the winner of previous week's STC. You, the participant of the STC, must vote for 5 entries (sometime is vote for 7 entries) that are the best.
- you will earn achievement points for participating in the STC, regardless of winning or not.
- if you won, you will earn extra achievement points, have the respected trophies (gold, silver & bronze) in your profile and have your theme featured.
- if you won the gold trophy, you will have the choice to be the judge OR to continue participating in next STC. You will also choose a topic for the next STC.
Important details of voting:
- it is emphasized that all participants must vote in order to be fair with everyone, in case any participant fails to vote and his/her theme wins, it is very unfortunate but that theme will not be recognized to have won. In case a participant cannot vote for some reason on the day of voting, pls make sure to PM ArthurWill your votes and she will vote on your behalf in the voting thread.
- votes = points based as follows:
Your No.1 vote will get 5 points.
Your No.2 vote will get 4 points.
Your No.3 vote will get 3 point.
Your No.4 vote will get 2 point.
Your No.5 vote will get 1 point.
- please vote for five persons
- Do not mention more than one person in each vote.
2-Michael and Steven
If there happens to be more than one name, those two names will be excluded from the points count.
- do not vote "everyone". Points will not be granted to everyone.
- it is not allowed to ask or encourage other members to vote for your themes, or 'exchange votes' with other participants. Doing so will result in immediate disqualification.