Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: All You Need To Know About Symbian Theme Contest
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > ThemeMaking Competition > Symbian Theme Contest
Pages: 1, 2, 3
ArthurWill
UPDATED RULES (1st August 2012)

Objective of STC:
- To create a competitive and friendly environment for Symbian Themers
- To improve the skills of theme creating of each members and create better themes
- To interact with other themers and learn from each others

General Info:
- the competition is open to all M9 members.
- every 2 weeks, a topic is chosen. You will then work on a theme which fits the topic.
- there will be 3 threads, a topic thread, a final entry thread, and a voting thread.

The topic thread is where you can post your potential entry previews and receive comments from others. You are encourage to do the same - discuss & post your comments about other's entries. It's reciprocal, if you give constructive comments, you will most likely to receive comments from others which will help you to improve your entry.

The final entry thread is the place to post your final entry preview. A final entry preview is an image with at least 75% of the screens from the theme represented. Once your entry preview is in this thread, it is FINAL. It cannot be changed if you later wish to change it.
You must post your final entry preview along with (1) mobile9's gallery link, (2) link to the screenshot of your working program, Example, (3) the reference if you are using an online constructor.

The voting thread will be available once the deadline of the competition is reached. All participants must vote. Participants who failed to vote will be excluded from the competition.

- at the end of the competition, the winners will be announced. The themer who won the first place will then choose a topic & any restrictions for the next competition.

Entry Info:
- you can use any pictures/styles as long as they stick to the topic & restriction.
- you can only submit one entry for each Symbian Theme Contest (STC).
- the submitted entry must be NEW, which means it hasn't been released to the public both at mobile9 and other web sites.
- the submitted entry must be ORIGINAL as well, altering wallpaper of existing/known theme are not allowed inn STC.

Voting Info:
- winners will be selected by a panel of judges.
- All participants have to vote and you cannot vote for yourself.
- Only participants, Rising/Certified/Gifted/Legendary artists' vote will be counted.

The panel of judges is made up of two judges (top-notch themer/ another site owner) and the winner of previous week's STC. You, the participant of the STC, must vote for 5 entries (sometime is vote for 7 entries) that are the best.

Winning Info:
- you will earn achievement points for participating in the STC, regardless of winning or not.
- if you won, you will earn extra achievement points, have the respected trophies (gold, silver & bronze) in your profile and have your theme featured.
- if you won the gold trophy, you will have the choice to be the judge OR to continue participating in next STC. You will also choose a topic for the next STC.

----------------
Important details of voting:
- it is emphasized that all participants must vote in order to be fair with everyone, in case any participant fails to vote and his/her theme wins, it is very unfortunate but that theme will not be recognized to have won. In case a participant cannot vote for some reason on the day of voting, pls make sure to PM ArthurWill your votes and she will vote on your behalf in the voting thread.

- votes = points based as follows:
Your No.1 vote will get 5 points.
Your No.2 vote will get 4 points.
Your No.3 vote will get 3 point.
Your No.4 vote will get 2 point.
Your No.5 vote will get 1 point.

- please vote for five persons

- Do not mention more than one person in each vote.
e.g.
1-John
2-Michael and Steven
3-Sven
4-Ben
5-Glen

If there happens to be more than one name, those two names will be excluded from the points count.

- do not vote "everyone". Points will not be granted to everyone.

- it is not allowed to ask or encourage other members to vote for your themes, or 'exchange votes' with other participants. Doing so will result in immediate disqualification.
ArthurWill
The rules & guidelines have been edited. We will use this format for Nokia Theme Contest 2009.
sandrita83
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Apr 13 2009, 12:06 AM) *
The rules & guidelines have been edited. We will use this format for Nokia Theme Contest 2009.

I wanna try if I can?!
Malandrinhadmaiss
is very complicated! surrender.gif
Coolnav
Just finished reading the rules and regulations.I'll offcourse bide myself by the rules and regulations...thumbsup.gif
jolansky
When we are through posting our final previews, when will be the time to upload the theme to this site? notworthy.gif
rhtz
QUOTE (jolansky @ Sep 12 2009, 09:36 PM) *
When we are through posting our final previews, when will be the time to upload the theme to this site? notworthy.gif

you can upload your entry whenever you feel your work is done thumbsup.gif.. ..
jolansky
QUOTE (jolansky @ Sep 12 2009, 08:36 AM) *

thanks admin,,so kind of you!!!
shaon007009
I Have Read The Rules. It's Really Great. But I Like To Know, Is The Theme Can Be Any Symbian Series. I Mean The 60 Or 40 Series?

How Can I know That The Next Contest Is Going To Begin.

Click to view attachment
rhtz
QUOTE (shaon007009 @ Sep 18 2009, 08:24 PM) *
Theme Can Be Any Symbian Series. I Mean The 60 Or 40 Series?

Theme can be for any Symbian Series, S60 or S40 whatever you like smile.gif.. ..

QUOTE (shaon007009 @ Sep 18 2009, 08:24 PM) *
How Can I know That The Next Contest Is Going To Begin.

Keep following this thread and you know when New Week will begin smile.gif... .
riteshrocks1992
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Apr 12 2009, 11:06 PM) *

i'm sorry but m new in m9 can anyone explain me how to participate in the contest please help me out surrender.gif please post ur reply in my m9 profile plzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
rickks
hi,im keen to enter the symbian contest,, i know how to make the theme but the problem is that i do not know how to show the (75%)theme preview!!!so plz help me so that i can also take the chance to compete
injamul_ahmed
if i'm not a participant of tmc. but can i vote?
rhtz
QUOTE (injamul_ahmed @ Oct 8 2009, 05:55 PM) *
if i'm not a participant of tmc. but can i vote?

You need atleast 30 posts to vote if you are not participating.. ..and as you have more than the minimum requirement, you can vote thumbsup.gif.. ..
asharushar2
how can i make such a good themes like 60v3 themes uploaded in Mobile9 byebye.gif
ALIGEMINI
what is the difference between stc and tmc ?
asthegr8
i want to participate in tmc . I have read all the rules and regulations . So please tell what will i have to do next ?
alladhin
i read all da rulez n regulation n i wanna participate in this contest! oops.gif but how
PG001
The Stc Week 24 isn't open yet
you can come and check here when will it be going to open then
you can participate thumbsup.gif
himanshu2
clap.gif
sunilkm123
even i will try !! im new to making themes , but will learn notworthy.gif
adnan11thoct
Carbide is really complicated for me..so i use Own skin theme maker from that website to make nokia themes..but can i preticipate with theme made from own skin theme maker?
adnan11thoct
QUOTE (ALIGEMINI @ Nov 18 2009, 07:52 AM) *
what is the difference between stc and tmc ?

Besically not very much...But in stc u can only perticipate with symbian themes(for nokia handsets)
findgirl45
QUOTE (adnan11thoct @ Jan 2 2010, 01:10 AM) *
Carbide is really complicated for me..so i use Own skin theme maker from that website to make nokia themes..but can i preticipate with theme made from own skin theme maker?

ya u can also make themes at own skin . com but u cannot edit all things so i think carbide is best u should try it byebye.gif
Light_Night
OK! But??
2afroze
I want to take part in theme competition but want to know how to make symbian s60 or s40 themes
topmanner1
QUOTE (2afroze @ Jan 5 2010, 07:18 PM) *
I want to take part in theme competition but want to know how to make symbian s60 or s40 themes

Hi friend You can make themes either from own skin site or use carbide theme creator to make themes.Carbide is tough to operate but it gives the best preview compared to the other one.
_Abi_
complicated....?

thanks admin,,so kind of you!!!
clap.gif
annahorn
ka ich auch von sony ericsson themen nehmen
gathering.gif
findgirl45
QUOTE (dwiaguspriyanto @ Feb 10 2010, 08:12 AM) *
Theme S60V3 or V5 ???

any one u like
kamranak47
I WANT TO ENTER IN A CONTEST OF THEME MAKING PLS HELP ME
al-sagban
Hi Every Body
If you Wont To Make Your Nokia Symbian Series 40 3rd Edition Themes You Can Use This Program

Download

It Is Free And Easy To Use ... I hope you will be happy to use it
al-sagban
Hi Every Body
If you Wont To Make Your Nokia Symbian Series 40 3rd Edition Themes You Can Use This Program

Download

It Is Free And Easy To Use ... I hope you will be happy to use it
Master_rZ
[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font]Can I join tooo..... 10.gif
findgirl45
QUOTE (Master_rZ @ Mar 17 2010, 09:45 AM) *
[font="Comic Sans MS"][/font]Can I join tooo..... 10.gif

yes you can.new competetion is starting in an hour.
deepasree
Its not complicated as others tell... I wanna try it...
al-sagban
hi my friends i want to ask you how can i join to ThemeMaking Competition coz i can make nth theme?
can any body help me?
hybrodyzer
hey! i can make really cool .sis them es related to anything. Give me a chance. 10.gif
al-sagban
Thank you
anirudhpanpan
hi,

please help me, tell me how can i participate in a theme making contest and voting

please

grouphug.gif
msassocaites
gathering.gif
OK. I will Compete
QUOTE (asharushar2 @ Oct 11 2009, 09:41 AM) *
how can i make such a good themes like 60v3 themes uploaded in Mobile9 byebye.gif

xeroze
QUOTE (findgirl45 @ Mar 16 2010, 08:37 PM) *
yes you can.new competetion is starting in an hour.

Hi! would you please tell me how to participate in theme making contest
I am new here and can I make themes for S60 2nd edition in this contest :?:
deepasree
All symbian themes are allowed here...
BENnGWEN
Can I use mobile wallpapers downloaded from other sites like mobiles24 or so, is it allowed?
mylaraghav
I am on it http://w gathering.gif ww.mobile9.com/invboard/style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif
mylaraghav
its difficult to choose
rohitcg5
I will try in this week...
rohitcg5
Hi how to change the font styles in carbide yar...
kaifiki
ok,i will follow them.
ccookkuume
how to create themes for nokia 5233 symbian s60v5 plz help me.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.