Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: You Are Our Client, Not Our Hostage!
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Service Providers
ArthurWill
Via Symbian Guru, I've came across an interesting article on one operator in Brazil named Oi.

Unlike most of the other operators, Oi started a campaign selling unlocked phones and focus their marketing increasingly on their services.

What intrigued me the most was a commercial clip that they filmed, and the signature they have come up with.

"We want you to stay at Oi because you like it, not because you can't leave. Freedom like this, only at Oi.

Pretty creative stuff, just like their strategy. 10.gif

You can watch Oi's commercial clip yourself.

What is your thought on operator selling unlocked phone? Do you think this will happen in your country too? Share with us why do you think this would / wouldn't happen. mf_type.gif
ssivic
Yea this is very creative, I remember buying just phone in one of the service providers, and it was locked, it cost the same as in any other store, but it was locked, so this things get on my nerve....

I hope that one day they will make one card for all service providers, so can choose for your self which one you wish to be...
thefonejunkie
We had Vodafone in Australia selling only unlocked phones for about 3 years and their advertising sounded very similar!

Now it's back to the days of mostly locked handsets!
milkmang
ahhhh all phones in Australia (except pre-paid) are unlocked...if you buy them outright

i bought my w850i from Work (Telstra Shop) its generic so no branding, thus not locked :D

also i think vodafone do free unlocking online....could be wrong
arbri135
rifle.gif rifle.gif rifle.gif rifle.gif wallbash.gif
muhib_shah
arthur will you are right
muhib_shah
proteus0291
QUOTE (muhib_shah @ Jan 27 2010, 06:08 AM) *

It is very frustrating to be forced to stay with a service provider because of the contract yet you can't even get the service you expect. I've been through this before and i promised myself never again. Since then I always buy factory unlocked phones from Timtechs. It feels great to be free!! clap.gif
justbe3112
In my country everything is possible, we got a long way from our 1st steps in the communication department.

The Ministry of Communications have improved the operators services with laws that benefit all the people in our little country, but....
Yeah there's a but, the operators they aren't suckers, no way! they always know how to make changes to fit their profits, heaven forbidden if someone will reduce it....

I think just a new operator or a very revolutionary one that want break all the unwritten rules can do that...
glisser
once again, metroPCS will unlock a phone for you so that you may use a competitors phone of your choice with their service.

see link below

METROPCS
danish009
laugh.gif right
_Abi_
thnxxxxxxxxxxxx............... grouphug.gif
novchanthol
Thank for the information, it's useful! Thanks
kalil92
Haha, i live here in Brazil and i just changed to Oi, (means "Hi" in english), the only problem is that Oi doesn't cover all areas here yet, but will soon smile.gif
novchanthol
So Oi is Brazilian, smile.gif excited!
lostlyrics
in all three contract terms at t-mobile I got unlocked phones, partly
with a branding, but I was not obligated to keep their firmware intact

in one case I kept it smile.gif since it was a "five numbers supercheap" plan
- and usually I cAn indeed narrow my mobile calls to five people only.

with a flatrate on my landline I got no reason to stress my cell anyway tongue.gif

byebye.gif
lostlyrics
oh tongue.gif and when the forum is held hostage
it seems like operators sold locked topics.
- but that's a horse of a different dolor laugh.gif
kochaji
Good to see that
eliasjan
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Jun 20 2007, 02:34 PM) *
Via Symbian Guru, I've came across an interesting article on one operator in Brazil named Oi.

Unlike most of the other operators, Oi started a campaign selling unlocked phones and focus their marketing increasingly on their services.

What intrigued me the most was a commercial clip that they filmed, and the signature they have come up with.

"We want you to stay at Oi because you like it, not because you can't leave. Freedom like this, only at Oi.

Pretty creative stuff, just like their strategy. 10.gif

You can watch Oi's commercial clip yourself.

What is your thought on operator selling unlocked phone? Do you think this will happen in your country too? Share with us why do you think this would / wouldn't happen. mf_type.gif

Thanks For Info
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.