Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Theme Making For S60 3rd With Carbide.ui
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Chat, Tutorials & Resources > Tutorials
Pages: 1, 2
EchoZulu
This topic can be used to post any guides/tutorials/other helpful info that you guys come across with regards to theme making for S60 3rd - surely one of the most complex platforms to theme.

Here is my post from another topic to get us started:

--------------------

As far as a tutorial for theming with Carbide.ui (download here), I wish that I could make one but it would take SOOOO long to do a good job and I just don't have time.

I came across a few when searching google though so you may want to try that. For example, here's a very short one that covers a few things pretty well but not the graphics parts of it:

http://myn73.wordpress.com/2007/03/19/how-...s-for-your-n73/

Definitely check out these resources from forum.nokia though:

Getting Started with Carbide.ui (video screencast)

Editing Themes with Carbide.ui (video screencast)

Making Screenshots that Mirror the Actual Phone

EDIT: Great link with TONS of resources:

http://www.forum.nokia.com/main/resources/...ent_in_cpp.html
simplyjinz
can i install it in windows vista? thanks!
EchoZulu
I don't believe Carbide.ui supports Vista (download page only mentions XP SP2) but I can't say for sure.
EchoZulu
Added a great link to a page on forum Nokia - definitely worth checking out. thumbsup.gif
gaolaogao
excuse me.. i just want to ask how to change the application icon of "camera". i'm using carbide theme maker, and all of the icons are changed but the "camera" hasn't. it is still on its default. but i've already change it when i'm making the theme that i used now. how can i correct it? any help guys? thanks in advance.
pintjinho
This programa work's with windows vista!

I have it on my computer 100% working!

happylass
Ok as a windows vista user i can safely say that carbide 3.2 would not work with windows vista,i have tried many times but after reading lots of help forums i finally found a way. Carbide 3.2 will work with windows vista.After you download the programme right click the desktop icon and open from administrator and it will work clap.gif
As a result i am now working on my first s60 theme and boy its not easy but it wont beat me laugh.gif
cmurder
Great Guide Thanks ...
arfn1366
Hi
i use of Carbide ui for making theme for my phone
i need package of new Icons for my themes
can help me?

thanks
lindia
great!! thanks!
bk-artist
thank a lot
happy7007
great!
thanks
LotusB
QUOTE (happylass @ Mar 7 2008, 07:52 PM) *
Ok as a windows vista user i can safely say that carbide 3.2 would not work with windows vista,i have tried many times but after reading lots of help forums i finally found a way. Carbide 3.2 will work with windows vista.After you download the programme right click the desktop icon and open from administrator and it will work
As a result i am now working on my first s60 theme and boy its not easy but it wont beat me

I installed it onto my laptop last night and it runs perfectly but then i only have Vista Home Premium installed it may vary on each version of Vista..
Gonna give it a go and see what I come up with wink.gif tongue.gif
jodhpur_raj
usefull Guidence
Max1009
I am using Carbide.ui 3.4 and have vista ......
It works, no problem..
iman_asadi
its so usefull .
thanks alot
imsagi
thank you
_Abi_
thnx........................ clap.gif
jigsaw_ramm
Thank you for the information.
deepasree
Thankyou...
emanuelbebe86
good grouphug.gif
dwiaguspriyanto
how convert sis to tdf
help
technoviz
The Nokia Symbian^3 Developer's Library is a cool package of info for developers who wish to use Symbian^3 to develop mobile C++ apps!!
Download the library here http://bit.ly/cAqY83
gtr123hamed
thank u is work 10.gif
deepasree
Thanks........
hannah_15
QUOTE (simplyjinz @ Jun 19 2007, 10:34 AM) *

heol me new u who r u
asthegr8
Thanks alot............ clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
eliasjan
QUOTE (gaolaogao @ Dec 19 2007, 03:27 AM) *
excuse me.. i just want to ask how to change the application icon of "camera". i'm using carbide theme maker, and all of the icons are changed but the "camera" hasn't. it is still on its default. but i've already change it when i'm making the theme that i used now. how can i correct it? any help guys? thanks in advance.

You Must Find Its Uid
Check This Out....
Icon Uids
CLEOPATTRA
QUOTE (eliasjan @ Jan 12 2011, 01:44 PM) *

You Must Find Its Uid
Check This Out....
Icon Uids

clap.gif its good.
eliasjan
QUOTE (EchoZulu @ Jun 12 2007, 06:29 PM) *
This topic can be used to post any guides/tutorials/other helpful info that you guys come across with regards to theme making for S60 3rd - surely one of the most complex platforms to theme.

--------------------

As far as a tutorial for theming with Carbide.ui (download here), I wish that I could make one but it would take SOOOO long to do a good job and I just don't have time.

I came across a few when searching google though so you may want to try that. For example, here's a very short one that covers a few things pretty well but not the graphics parts of it:

Thanks Admin But As Much As I Know The New Version 3.4 As Released
eliasjan
QUOTE (simplyjinz @ Jun 19 2007, 10:04 PM) *

Yes Download V3.4 You Can Also Install In Win7&Vista
eliasjan

For Changing Icons Like Camera,Download,Map,Music Player You Might Need Uids For It Here Are Some Uids...

Icon Uids List
sugato_maity
good man bro
akhilnn
thnx notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
AbhijitDASss
can any1 gv me the link of the s60v5 theme maker?
shuvashisroy
thanks
sscob1
Carbide 4.1 released
agnipurush
hope so i wil be able to make some dynamic themes through it
mashhellboy
Thanks it helped a lot notworthy.gif
imsagi
thumbsup.gif
ankur_shah88
Can anyone please provide me working templates for series 60 themes, i am unable to create package due to this, please help
toni_lg
QUOTE (EchoZulu @ Jun 12 2007, 07:59 AM) *

--------------------

toni_lg
QUOTE (simplyjinz @ Jun 19 2007, 11:34 AM) *

toni_lg
QUOTE (EchoZulu @ Jun 19 2007, 01:31 PM) *
I don't believe Carbide.ui supports Vista (download page only mentions XP SP2) but I can't say for sure.

toni_lg
QUOTE (EchoZulu @ Jul 29 2007, 04:40 PM) *
Added a great link to a page on forum Nokia - definitely worth checking out. thumbsup.gif

toni_lg
QUOTE (gaolaogao @ Dec 18 2007, 04:57 PM) *

toni_lg
QUOTE (pintjinho @ Feb 24 2008, 08:32 AM) *
This programa work's with windows vista!

I have it on my computer 100% working!

toni_lg
QUOTE (happylass @ Mar 7 2008, 02:52 AM) *
Ok as a windows vista user i can safely say that carbide 3.2 would not work with windows vista,i have tried many times but after reading lots of help forums i finally found a way. Carbide 3.2 will work with windows vista.After you download the programme right click the desktop icon and open from administrator and it will work clap.gif
As a result i am now working on my first s60 theme and boy its not easy but it wont beat me laugh.gif

toni_lg
QUOTE (cmurder @ Mar 15 2008, 09:18 AM) *
Great Guide Thanks ...

toni_lg
QUOTE (arfn1366 @ Sep 23 2008, 11:43 AM) *
Hi
i use of Carbide ui for making theme for my phone
i need package of new Icons for my themes
can help me?

thanks

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.