Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Certificate Expired When Install S60 Themes
mobile9 Forum > Site Related > Frequently Asked Questions > Nokia FAQs
Pages: 1, 2
YoRazaMaNaza
I have a Nokia N73, and i have downloaded 2 themes, after those ones it always says certificate expired, and it does the same thing with wallpapers and everything
YoRazaMaNaza
QUOTE(YoRazaMaNaza @ Jun 2 2007, 08:24 PM)
I have a Nokia N73, and i have downloaded 2 themes, after those ones it always says certificate expired, and it does the same thing with wallpapers and everything
[right][snapback]343848[/snapback][/right]

i forgot to mention that ive gone into the application manager, and it says that the software installation is set to "all" and the online certif check is "off"
NVDVS1
QUOTE(YoRazaMaNaza @ Jun 3 2007, 01:09 PM)

i forgot to mention that ive gone into the application manager, and it says that the software installation is set to "all" and the online certif check is "off"
[right][snapback]343850[/snapback][/right]

Hello there, I found the same with my 3 last themes onto my N93i. If you change the date on your phone to 2006 install and then turn it back to 2007 it works. I make my themes online in another site and found the answer in there. It is an issue hopefully fixed soon. In the meantime this way works.
ArthurWill
@YoRazaMaNaza

Yup, I have read what NVDVS1 suggested too. Perhaps you might want to try it out and let us know if it works for you too. smile.gif

@NVDVS1
Thanks for the tip. thumbsup.gif
YoRazaMaNaza
QUOTE(NVDVS1 @ Jun 2 2007, 11:41 PM)

Hello there, I found the same with my 3 last themes onto my N93i. If you change the date on your phone to 2006 install and then turn it back to 2007 it works. I make my themes online in another site and found the answer in there. It is an issue hopefully fixed soon. In the meantime this way works.
[right][snapback]343888[/snapback][/right]

AHHH thank u very much, yep it did work, i wonder y though u have to change it to 2006?? hmm,, but ohweel thanks a bunch both of u guys :-)
NeZard

i already changed the date to 2006 and then installed the theme but still can't installed it
the reason is certificated maybe not expired, but phone's date setting may be incorrect!
how to solve that problem surrender.gif
mr g
QUOTE(ArthurWill @ Jun 3 2007, 07:54 AM)
@YoRazaMaNaza 

Yup, I have read what NVDVS1 suggested too. Perhaps you might want to try it out and let us know if it works for you too. smile.gif

@NVDVS1
Thanks for the tip. thumbsup.gif
[right][snapback]343890[/snapback][/right]

It does work,i've metiond it here (m9) before in other threads.
My info always goes ignored surrender.gif
adonisdemon
My info always goes ignored

ignorance is bliss isn't it mate! wallbash.gif
rajat_2good4u

.Ur just too good man...Live long...
AMANGONS
quack quack oops!

sorry peeps, but it doesnt work on my n76.

i've changed the date, i have removed .sis and nothing.

still the same message, cert expired!
mr g
QUOTE(AMANGONS @ Jun 14 2007, 07:30 PM)
quack quack oops!

sorry peeps, but it doesnt work on my n76.

i've changed the date, i have removed .sis and nothing.

still the same message, cert expired!
[right][snapback]351611[/snapback][/right]

Why remove the .sis?
cloyd500
the same happened to my new N73, when i install themes it always says " certificate expired!" but when i change the date to 2006 it just works fine, thank you guys
veebee
Okay have tried everything - all the advice that has been listed on this blog...
And STILL I cannot download a theme to my N95 Nokia...
What is going on...?
Please could someone help or give some advice?
Please, please, please...
This is driving me crazy!
Regards
Vee
coolguy6415
if u can again try to update the certificate using the theme making software then its a different issue otherwise no help as far as my knowledge.

@Adonis - u r usinf nokia 95 i guess.. can u suggest n e other remedy?
adonisdemon
Can anyone point me in the direction of an expired theme?
AMANGONS
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Jun 17 2007, 11:56 PM)
Can anyone point me in the direction of an expired theme?
[right][snapback]353240[/snapback][/right]

175895 - nokia blue. cert ex!

i think it is a s60 3rd prob.

something is not right when they are being written.
CtOlaf

I have the same problem with my Nokia 5500... When i try to install a theme (some themes work, but a lot can't run on my phone) i see the "Theme expired" error. When "Certificate may not be valid, is expired or phone's date setting may be incorrect"

Heeeelp

EDIT:
===============

Actually it all works OK now with the trick... I don't know what happened before :-) a big THANK YOU ! ! ! ! clap.gif

Abraxa09
isnt there anything ...worty of doing ? less then changing dates? .. like we r dealing with cracking programs here .. this r perfectly normal themes .. maybe they need to be updated... and i don't know why they even expireeee... that is stupid
Forskeren
Hello.
i am having problems with my E65 to ( downlodaing themes). Grrr. it keeps on telling me that crap with "certificat expired" . When i change the year to 2006, it just tell's me " certificat expired and to change the year or date back" ...... Then what am i going to do???.

I have tried some different ones out, with the same result.
This is one of them = vista_theme_2 94935

Plz help me out, this is pissing me of!!!!
adonisdemon
QUOTE(Abraxa09 @ Jun 23 2007, 05:30 PM)
isnt there anything ...worty of doing ? less then changing dates? .. like we r dealing with cracking programs here .. this r perfectly normal themes .. maybe they need to be updated... and i don't know why they even expireeee... that is stupid
[right][snapback]357258[/snapback][/right]

The problem is with the theme creator, it only gives one year license.
AMANGONS
but this is with NEW themes.

the themes are not even a month old in some cases!

it is not the date, it is something else.

whethter it is because the fones are actually: S60 3RD PART 1
adonisdemon
I noticed, but some of them have been created using an online theme creator on another site. So perhaps that is the problem.
NVDVS1
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Jun 26 2007, 10:37 PM)
I noticed, but some of them have been created using an online theme creator on another site. So perhaps that is the problem.
[right][snapback]359142[/snapback][/right]

Yes Adonis' you are correct. As you said B4, the licence is only for 1 year and have to update it.
AMANGONS
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Jun 26 2007, 02:07 PM)

if this is the case, then those of us with s60 3rd, are bu%$^&*(d 1.gif

because if we change the date, it wont work, and if we dont it wont work!!

perhaps, themers, should say whether they are using out of date online theming studios, so we know not to waste our online time downloading., or to let us know the date of the online theme studio, so we can adjust our dates accordingly.

otherwise, this section is going to fill up up with people saying the same thing.
mr g
QUOTE(AMANGONS @ Jul 2 2007, 01:37 PM)
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Jun 26 2007, 02:07 PM)

if this is the case, then those of us with s60 3rd, are bu%$^&*(d 1.gif

because if we change the date, it wont work, and if we dont it wont work!!

perhaps, themers, should say whether they are using out of date online theming studios, so we know not to waste our online time downloading., or to let us know the date of the online theme studio, so we can adjust our dates accordingly.

otherwise, this section is going to fill up up with people saying the same thing.
[right][snapback]363865[/snapback][/right]

As i've said hundreds of times now,use the un-sis method,no need to install and no cert expired messages,happy days 10.gif byebye.gif

AMANGONS
and as i have said before, i aint no good at that sort of tencho bumble.

i point i click!

if you have any other version of s60 it doesnt seem to be a prob. such as my mrs's n73.
AMANGONS
PROBLEM SOLVED.

if you go to : > Nokia > Nokia FAQs, Security Certificate Error When Installing

the answer is there.

no date fiddling, and no techno babble!!

mr g
QUOTE(AMANGONS @ Jul 2 2007, 08:21 PM)
PROBLEM SOLVED.

the answer is there.

[right][snapback]364135[/snapback][/right]

Techno babble rolleyes.gif
It's as easy as pouring a drink mate,i'm not a computer freak,i found it a bit hard at first but it's easy really.

All i'm trying to do here is help YOU and others yet you always come back with your smart comments.

Next you'll be asking about why your themes are disapearing!

Dont ask me!
mr g
QUOTE(AMANGONS @ Jul 2 2007, 08:21 PM)
PROBLEM SOLVED.

the answer is there.

[right][snapback]364135[/snapback][/right]

This method is standard issue,also this is in every nokia manual.

Ooops reading babble now,god forbid byebye.gif
AMANGONS
Mr G, dont take it to heart.

i tease. i have never said ur help isnt appreciated, but to me it is techno babble. i have never been good with tweak this, tweak that, undo this, tighten that, remove the other quick macro here there. surrender.gif

i am sure, that some of the more confident users here have followed ur everyword, and will live trouble free for years!

i am sure when it all goes tits up, we will be first inline to ask: MR G HELP gathering.gif

i can programm a video player but thats as technical as i get!
nabukadnezar43
I had these problems on my n73. U must set ur phone date to the right time. Try it. Set to 1 month or 2 month or 5 month earlier etc... till installation begins.
mr g
QUOTE(AMANGONS @ Jul 3 2007, 12:22 AM)
Mr G, dont take it to heart.

i tease. i have never said ur help isnt appreciated, but to me it is techno babble. i have never been good with tweak this, tweak that, undo this, tighten that, remove the other quick macro here there. surrender.gif

i am sure, that some of the more confident users here have followed ur everyword, and will live trouble free for years!

i am sure when it all goes tits up, we will be first inline to ask: MR G HELP gathering.gif

i can programm a video player but thats as technical as i get!
[right][snapback]364276[/snapback][/right]

No problem,i bite toooo easily.

Now what do i know about videos tongue.gif wink.gif
stemeister

thanks ..changing the date worked a treat..i tried everything to install this theme ....thanks again
AMANGONS
BELIEVE IT OR NOT!!!!!!

nokia on their own website say: CHANGE DATE (n76) TO BEFORE 12/06/07

INSTALL, THEN CHANGE IT BACK!!

dont you just love it, when the great nokia, gives out technical support!!
jitusheetu
i have a Nokia N95, and i have downloaded themes, after those ones it always says certificate expired, and it does the same thing with wallpapers and everything
ArthurWill
@AMANGONS
Can you please provide the link to that story. Interesting. wacko.gif
AMANGONS
this is the great advice from nokia:

http://europe.nokia.com/A4403097?caseid=63923

good aint it!!
winnie3456
byebye.gif hi can someone please help me, i have a Nokia N80 i have installed 2 themes and now it is saying EXPIRED CERTIFICATE

i have read on other peoples posts and people say they have altered the year from 2007 to 2006 i have been in the application manager and i can find a way to do that and i have also been in the device manager,

Please can somone help me or please tell me where i need to look Thanks

surrender.gif
NVDVS1
QUOTE(winnie3456 @ Jul 13 2007, 02:08 AM)
byebye.gif        hi can someone please help me, i have a Nokia N80 i have installed 2 themes and now it is saying EXPIRED CERTIFICATE

i have read on other peoples posts and people say they have altered the year from 2007 to 2006 i have been in the application manager and i can find a way to do that and i have also been in the device manager,

surrender.gif
[right][snapback]370604[/snapback][/right]

Hi there, as in other posts. Change the date in settings, install & reset the date. Job done. Cheers.
mr g
QUOTE(winnie3456 @ Jul 12 2007, 05:38 PM)
byebye.gif        hi can someone please help me, i have a Nokia N80 i have installed 2 themes and now it is saying EXPIRED CERTIFICATE

surrender.gif
[right][snapback]370604[/snapback][/right]

Clock>options>setting>date
BigPerm
I had the same problem, and changing the date didn't work either. The way i got round it was to go to TOOLS>APP MGR>OPTIONS>SETTINGS>SOFTWARE INSTALLATION and changed it from SIGNED ONLY to ALL, problem solved.
adonisdemon
QUOTE(BigPerm @ Jul 20 2007, 11:35 AM)
I had the same problem, and changing the date didn't work either. The way i got round it was to go to TOOLS>APP MGR>OPTIONS>SETTINGS>SOFTWARE INSTALLATION and changed it from SIGNED ONLY to ALL, problem solved.
[right][snapback]375730[/snapback][/right]

That's to turn off unsigned applications being blocked when installing. This will allow you to install all apps with untrusted certificates. (use at your own risk)
mr_prasanthtk
change the date in to 2006 and after instlation change it in to back
mr g
QUOTE(mr_prasanthtk @ Jul 21 2007, 02:28 PM)
change the date in to 2006 and after instlation change it in to back
[right][snapback]376428[/snapback][/right]

Thanks,but we know that one grouphug.gif
geminisam2000
after changing the date,switch off your cell and then switch it on, and then try installation.it worked ofr me only after i switched off my cell
mgurgelmga
Hi, i'ts nice. Realy works. I've change the date on the phone to 2006 and on the computer also, and everything works. Thanks !!!
genmobile9
try to change ur device to the date b 4 or same as the app or game was created. then INSTALL

remember to use signed programs and games....
myn1015
i am new here.. pls help me how to get a .sis file? and download it to my phone.. i have N80. e'rtime i download themes etc.. it wont dowload.. its either saying, file not supported, cer. expired.. i can't enjoy my phone if i can't put anything in it.. pls hepl!
NVDVS1
QUOTE(myn1015 @ Oct 10 2007, 04:29 PM)
i am new here.. pls help me how to get a .sis file? and download it to my phone.. i have N80. e'rtime i download themes etc.. it wont dowload.. its either saying, file not supported, cer. expired.. i can't enjoy my phone if i can't put anything in it.. pls hepl!
[right][snapback]420004[/snapback][/right]

Hi there, if you get cert. expired. Change the date in clock to 2006 install and reset to 2007. The certificates work on a 1 year liscence.
myn1015
man, i tried that already.. i tried everything but still wont make any difference.. still saying file not supported.. how do i know though if i have a .sis file installed on my fone? and if i don't have one, how can i install .sis file? pls help..
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.