Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dreams To Themes.... Boxie Blue
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Showcase: Sony Ericsson Themes
Pages: 1, 2
boxieblue
hello everyone, i'm BoxieBlue . recently, i've begun theming, and have just started to get the hang of it. i have received a lot of encouragement from azuresmith, anthraxomega, pyro, aapaii,and other HB members, and i would like to thank them.

from the next post onwards, i'll be posting previews of my themes. do comment on them if u happen to pass by. constructive critism is always welcome, coz i know i have a lot to learn
boxieblue
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
aapaii
Hey there Boxie! clap.gif

Great to see you opened up your own thread! thumbsup.gif
About this theme, may i suggest that u dont use the green colour font.. coz it kinda merge with the highlight and title colours in certain parts which cause readiblity/functionailty issues.. the main background (apart frm the dragon) is kinda empty imo..
keep on theming mate! thumbsup.gif
boxieblue
QUOTE(aapaii @ Apr 26 2007, 08:11 PM)
Hey there Boxie! clap.gif
, may i suggest that u dont use the green colour font.. coz it kinda merge with the highlight and title colours in certain parts
[right][snapback]320631[/snapback][/right]

welcome to my thread and thanks for posting.. notworthy.gif
actually, i tried it on my phone, and found there are no issues with the colours. in fact, i've changed them in a few areas, and in some ares, u can see the font is white.......
aapaii
no prob then.. smile.gif
every themers got their own preferences and style.. i hope u don't mind me giving my opinion about it.. hehe tongue.gif
Tyronne
I agree with aapaii, boxie. green text should not be put in green background. it will always have functionality issues. Even if you say that it doesn't have any issues with the color, always remember that not all who will download your theme will have good eyesight as yours. Always keep in mind that you are doing and uploading these themes to share to others. therefore, functionality should always comes first. Functionality determines a good theme.

Glad to see you opened up your own thread here. smile.gif
aapaii
Boxie..

i don't know why but this character (below) always reminds me of you.. smile.gif

user posted image
Tyronne
QUOTE(aapaii @ Apr 26 2007, 11:31 PM)
Boxie..

i don't know why but this character (below) always reminds me of you.. smile.gif
[right][snapback]320678[/snapback][/right]

Does that mean boxieblue can also use that sig of yours? wink.gif
aapaii
sure.. laugh.gif if he wants too.. but i'm not sure whether boxie is into anime or not.. unsure.gif
zjurina
- Try keeping the same background text colour trough the theme...

- The Morelist wacko.gif sad.gif sad.gif ...

- The colours of the Volume Staples and The Calendar markings, try to fit them...
shoutout
nice start you have good ideas for your themes add softkeys status bars have a look at over theme thread and it will give you some ideas on what can be done most of all keep going the more theme you do the better you will get nice work boxieblue
boxieblue
@all- thank you guys. i loved to see the response. and after going thru all the replies, i found the most common suggestion to be "dont use green colour for title" for functionality issues. i'll keep that in mind for future themes
boxieblue
i know some of u guys(or maybe all) dont like the fact that i dont use highlights and frames in my themes. but the only reason is that i'm still new, and i'm trying my best to create frames.
i'll try my da*n hardest to use highlights et al in my next theme.meanwhile, here's one of my other themes

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
aapaii
Hi there boxie! clap.gif

maybe you can google for photoshop tutorial. i'm doing that a lot and you can find lots of guidance on how to make barworks frm there. byebye.gif
boxieblue
thx aapaii
and how bout commenting on that theme?
aapaii
Oh no! I forgot to comment on the theme tongue.gif
Sorry mate.. I'm getting old.. laugh.gif

Okay.. let's see..
First of all, all three main scree (standby, desktop and navigation) looks a bit empty to me. If the background is in one colour(black in this case), i wld usually render it and than put in on another layer of background that has other images.. if u look at my latest theme.. u can see that i used lots of renders and layered them on top of each other.. that cld give u more texture of the image instead of being plain..

secondly, i can see that you can use gradient, thumbsup.gif example such as in the morelist and input. but i think it wld be nicer if u use the same image or a different one and layer it on top of it.. then maybe u can play with opacity to tackle functionality issues.. which IMO can make the theme look more vibrant..

these are all just my opinion.. it doesnt necessarily means i'm correct and i think every themer has their style to express themselves on the theming canvas.. wink.gif

Keep on practising mate and i think it's about time you try a different approach and style.. never stop experimenting mate! thumbsup.gif
boxieblue
ah yes, about experimentation, my latest theme, the one i'm working on even as i wirte this, is different than these two, though it still lingers on the darker side, and has lots of black(the irony is that i like white more) i'll be poting it tomorrow.
meanwhile, i'll be searching for photoshop tutorials. thanks aapaii, and keep visiting
aapaii
no prob mate! laugh.gif
manitaaan
byebye.gif hi boxie blue,agree with apai said...i'm sure u will become themer soon ...see ya my new friend byebye.gif
Tyronne
QUOTE(boxieblue @ Apr 27 2007, 06:11 PM)
i found the most common suggestion to be "dont use green colour for title" for functionality issues. i'll keep that in mind for future themes
[right][snapback]321020[/snapback][/right]

It's ok to use green for title just be sure that the background isn't green too. smile.gif

Keep experimenting and i will be waiting for your next themes. smile.gif
boxieblue
QUOTE(Tyronne @ Apr 30 2007, 01:38 PM)
It's ok to use green for title just be sure that the background isn't green too. smile.gif

[right][snapback]322457[/snapback][/right]

lol, that was understood tyronne, i just wanted to keep it short........
Tyronne
QUOTE(boxieblue @ Apr 30 2007, 05:46 PM)
lol, that was understood tyronne, i just wanted to keep it short........
[right][snapback]322492[/snapback][/right]

I know, i just wanted to make it clear...and make it long... tongue.gif
boxieblue
here goes....my latest theme ....

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
boxieblue
i dont know wh ythe writing is coming so blurry. it is actuallu perfectly readable
happylass
nice boxie thumbsup.gif try showing the preview as a png instead of jpeg.
boxieblue
id png clearer? or does it load faster or what????
happylass
i always find my previews appear a lot clearer in png try it see if you think the same.

oh and use png for all your theme background pics smile.gif
aapaii
I agree with happylass. I only use png image for my themes coz the image quality is so much better. Give it a try mate. thumbsup.gif
ssivic
Is this the theme you would like to be commented...

Well it goes something like this:

Good:
- I like blue color
- I also like the background
- and the contrast between blue and white.

Bad:

- The letters and numbers should be in some other color

All in all I will give it 8/10 thumbsup.gif

And I do believe you will be a very good themer, if you continue to practice...

byebye.gif
boxieblue
@ssivic. thx, wat bout the other two themes?
ssivic
Well one I have commented in gallery, the green dragon, and that other one is also cool, simple and functional, the one with silver snake or what ever that is...thumbsup.gif
maampia
Eyyy... Boxie is theming now! Glad to know this!!! clap.gif

Keep them coming!!! thumbsup.gif
boxieblue
ok guys...here's my latest...hope u like it

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image user posted image

user posted image
karlsen1992
That was f****** cool! tongue.gif
aapaii
Good theme but there's still some functionality issues. I suggest that you use a different colour for your font so that it wont clash with the black in your background. for input 1 and alarm, try not to use white as the font has "dissapeared" as if it blends into your background. activity menu icons cld not be seen. is that a bug?

Keep theming buddy! thumbsup.gif
boxieblue
@aapaii- the good thing is that the digits in alarm keep blinking, so u wont have a problem there...coz i really think of any other color to use there....
and the black font doesn't clash actually, i tried it out...really...
about the activity menu icons...its a bug.....
ah and yes...do tell me if u think of any other color for input 1 and alarm.....
aapaii
how about.. grey? laugh.gif
sorry 'bout my comments. it was all based on the preview. i didn't have the phone to actually try it out. forgive me. notworthy.gif
Tyronne
Nice to see you theming again. keep theming. smile.gif
DeZal
Very nice theme boxie thumbsup.gif just one thing, is it possible to change the volume input and calender from blue to grey to match the theme.
antonis1978
really nice boxie! thumbsup.gif 10.gif
AzureSephiroth
good job boxie, 10.gif your getting better with every submission.
boxieblue
QUOTE(aapaii @ Jun 23 2007, 03:13 PM)
how about.. grey? laugh.gif
sorry 'bout my comments. it was all based on the preview. i didn't have the phone to actually try it out. forgive me. notworthy.gif
[right][snapback]356872[/snapback][/right]

looks like i made u feel bad aapaii sad.gif sorry....i didn't mean anything....ur comments are, as you know, more than welcome. i always like to learn from those who know the job

QUOTE(DeZal @ Jun 23 2007, 07:53 PM)
Very nice theme boxie thumbsup.gif just one thing, is it possible to change the volume input and calender from blue to grey to match the theme.
[right][snapback]357106[/snapback][/right]

thx DeZal, i'll open the theme again and see if i can do that
boxieblue
my latest..."Best Friend"

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

EDIT: u'll notice i have highlighted the title in Menu too...nice huh?
manitaaan
yea boxie,keep them coming
DeZal
Nice one boxie, looks a lot better with the highlights on the menu screens thumbsup.gif
boxieblue
my personal fav. is the input1 and 2 smile.gif
aapaii
nice theme boxie! thumbsup.gif
keep it up buddy! wink.gif
boxieblue
thx aapaii
boxieblue
here are the links to the five themes i've uploaded so far-
1.Best Friend(BLUE)
2.White
3.Random Blue
4.Silver Snake
5.Green Dragon

i'll be soon updating green dragon...adding a bew buttons and bars to make it look better.
Sedma
Nice one smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.