Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Why Mobile9 Doesnt Support For Avi Files To Upload
mobile9 Forum > Downloads > Videos
chukkabharath
i want to upload avi files to private uploads in mobile9.com and want to download them to my mobile nokia 6131 to know my mobile will play that format or not.

avi format is good one. the quality is great.so i choose. but mobile9.com doesnt support to upload avi.plz tell me where to report regarding this matter.plz allow all video formats to upload and download
adonisdemon
You phone doesn't support it.

To play avi files you need divx player (only available for S60 devices, your model is a S40 device).

http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/6131

it only supports the following formats:
Video Formats:

3GPP formats (H.263)

MPEG-4

chukkabharath
hello. can i format my nokia 6131 fone and install series 60 or symbian operating system in it.and plz help me to find any software which make my fone to give best video and photos by my 1.3 MP camera.
adonisdemon
Your phone is how it came, you cannot just install S60 OS on it.

You cannot add any sort of application to enhance your 1.3MP camera.

if you want more advanced features you will need to get a better handset.
vegeta_sa
QUOTE(chukkabharath @ Apr 24 2007, 11:45 AM)
hello. can i format my nokia 6131 fone and install series 60 or symbian operating system in it.and plz help me to find any software which make my fone to give best video and photos by my 1.3 MP camera.
[right][snapback]319470[/snapback][/right]

the easiest way to to this is Buy a new phone! locked.gif
chukkabharath
adonisdemon, iam very happy with ur replies.after u told me that my fone supports 3gp and mp4 video formats. i choose mp4. Is mp4 means MPEG-4 ?. both are same or different ?.i used win avi MP4 converter, IMTOO 3gp converter ultra mp4 converter and many other software to convert video into mp4 format. i sucessful convert the video and uploaded in mobile9.com. when i download it to my mobile via wap it doesnt play in my fone and the file extension became .txt. (text file). the audio is playing where as video is not playing.what am i do. plz help me friend.

the wap codes for which i conver the videos and upload in mobile9.com. they are a) 139312 cool.gif 139316
and the links are
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/139316/

http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/139312/
vegeta_sa
you have either of theses problems.
-your phone does not support mp4 or
-your origanal files codecs are not compattible.
-the program you are using may be the problem try using nokia multimedia player to convert your files to mp4 and then try.

ps try converting the files to 3gp.
adonisdemon
chukkabharath - try vegeta_sa's suggestions.
Don't download videos via WAP. i don't think the settings are correct. Unless you have a full html supported phone it may not download correctly.

Download to Pc and send to phone.

Check the video forum for settings in encoding 3gp and mp4 files.
RazBGD
QUOTE(chukkabharath @ Apr 27 2007, 11:25 AM)
Is mp4 means MPEG-4 ?. both are same or different ?
[right][snapback]321060[/snapback][/right]

MP4 is a file format(type),MPEG-4 is a codec.I`m not sure that your Nokia does support mp4 video.On every site I looked into,it says that it supports mp4 audio,but for the video-only 3gp(3gpp) format.
chukkabharath
iam very thankful for ur suggetions. i want to buy another fone. i want flip flop fone with two screens. one outside and another inside.fone must be series 60 or symbian or microsoft operating system. that fone must be support any application or game.it must have high defination camera with give mpeg or avi or mpg or any other video fomat except 3gp when we shoot the video with fone.camera must be more than 2 MP. can all of plz help me to find such unique fone. thanks in advance.
chukkabharath
vegeta_ can u plz give me the link for nokia multimedia player . i want to convert my videos into mp4.3gp has low quality.so iam choosing mp4.give give the link.thanks in advance.
vegeta_sa
hi you can download it here:
nokia multi media player

all you need to do is open the file you wan to conver, the player wll begin to play the file.
you need to click on
-file
-save as
- save type as (choose either mp4 or 3gp)
-set the resolution (remember the higher the resolution the better the uality but higher the file sice)
vegeta_sa
QUOTE(chukkabharath @ Apr 28 2007, 06:03 AM)
iam very thankful for ur suggetions. i want to buy another fone. i want flip flop fone with two screens. one outside and another inside.fone must be series 60 or symbian or microsoft operating system. that fone must be support any application or game.it must have high defination camera with give mpeg or avi or mpg or any other video fomat except 3gp when we shoot the video with fone.camera must be more than 2 MP. can all of plz help me to find such unique fone. thanks in advance.
[right][snapback]321279[/snapback][/right]

flip flp fone is better know as a clam shell .
if you want a bit of help finding a phone to suite you please look hear:
nokia series 60 phones

although my advice is to get a nokia N series phone the best one at present is the N95 ask adonisdemon he has one. it is quite expensive though.

also if you are going to use the phone for divx videos i recomend you get one that comes with a large memory as well as one that has a memory card slot.

i use my n80 for divx videos it origanally came with a 128mb mini sd card, i bought a 2gb mini sd.
bear in mind that at preasent the biggest memory car a nokia n series can support is 2gb.

chukkabharath
i have search for many series 60 fones. i find some of them as best.( only in calm cell i.e.,filp flop) plz review about them and give me ur suggestions.

nokia N 76
http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N76
http://www.nokia.co.in/nokia/0,8764,100517,00.html

nokia N 93i
http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N93i

nokia N 90
http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/N90

i like N 76 very much.it has high defination display. it is of 24 bit. but iam not satisfied with one thing. it is that when we shoot videos with fone it takes 3gp format. even in Nokia N 95 also it takes only 3gp format. what the hell having 5 MP camera if u cant shoot them in mpeg or mpg or avi formats. is there any software which make the fone to shoot the video and save in mpeg or avi or mpg format.

guys finally give me ur reviews. and especially about n 76. when it will available in india. and what the cost of the fone. and also about n 93i and n 90.

thanks in advance.
vegeta_sa
FYI the n95 shoots vidoes in MP4 as well as 3gp. so does my n80.
as for Avi that type of video quality is still a while away.
chukkabharath
vegeta_s is mp4 gives the better quality to shoot videos with fone.tell me about nokia N 76. does it offer the video to save in mp4 format. i want avi or mpeg or mpg format. is there any software for that.

i have one request. is there any java media player for my nokia 6131 (series 40). i had tried hard to convert the video into mp4 and transfer to mobile with pc suite.but the video is not playing and only audio is playing. and i tried for 3gp.when i transfer the video the video is in poor quality. so i want to search for any media player for series 40. can u help me finding it. and also give me the best 3gp converter where we can adjust the bit rate, frames rate, resoultion rate and auido bit rate.
vegeta_sa
hello again
mp4 is much better than 3gp but its not great, you are looking for avi, mpeg etc type quality i dont know of any phone that shoots video at that quality. you will have to by a normal video camera for that.

the n76 does shoot in mp4 format. if this is the phone you want dont forget to save up for a 2gb memeory card if you want to load a lot of avi vidoes on it.

as for a media play i am sorry i donot know of any for the series 40,
murphy222
mp4 and 3gp roles
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.