Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: aapaii's unlimited theme works
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Showcase: Sony Ericsson Themes
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18
aapaii
user posted image

Hi to all! clap.gif

My name is apai and this is my theming thread.
Wld really appreciate it if you guys & girls out there to give comments on my theme so that i cld improve as a themer.

Thankx!!! notworthy.gif

To ArthurWill : Thankx for giving me the idea n courage to open up this thread.
Carse
people seem to be doing the regular screencapture.

1. preview your theme
2. Alt + PrtSc
3. open photoshop
4. Ctrl + N
5. Ctrl + V
aapaii
Thankx Carse!

notworthy.gif
aapaii
[attachmentid=15108]

one of my latest theme

aapaii
hmmm.. how come my preview is to small?

sad.gif
jasnasto
Upload you image at imageshack or tinypic, copy the direct link and paste it using IMG tag button above... byebye.gif
aapaii
http://img457.imageshack.us/img457/2753/otome1ov9.png

is it like this?
aapaii
user posted image

ok.. now i get it.. thankx!
jasnasto
Almost...

Just copy this link using IMG button above...

user posted image

user posted image

aapaii
Jasnasto

Thankx.. Now i think i got it.. can i do it more than once in one post?
aapaii
another one of my theme

user posted image
aapaii
the last theme from this series.

user posted image
aapaii
This theme is frm Shuffle Series.

user posted image
aapaii
This theme is from Shuffle Memories

Up to this stage I've been playing a lot with different type of bars.

user posted image
aapaii
This theme is inspired frm Eureka Seven.

From here, i tried to use some mozaic effects for my title bars..

user posted image
aapaii
This theme features Eureka from Eureka Seven.

I used more mosaic for this one. I kinda like this one a lot but no one is downloading it tho.. crybaby.gif

user posted image
aapaii
This is my current project. Still unfinished coz i'm not satisfied with the bar and sms. Kinda stuck here for about a week i think.

user posted image
jasnasto
First of all, welcome aapaii... grouphug.gif

Thankx.. Now i think i got it.. can i do it more than once in one post?

You sure can...

It's obvious that you were playing with the bars the most, they are the best part of your themes... but you have to pay more attention to the functionality, your menu text is not readable almost everywhere... I've also noticed that input 1 size is not right, it's too short...
I'd better shut up now, and ask you to visit THIS THREAD, in which our dear doc notworthy.gif saved our time and posted great tips and tutorials for newbie themers... also check some of our great themers threads in SE themes subforum...

Keep on working and see you around... byebye.gif

aapaii
Thankx for the advice jasnasto. notworthy.gif

I've gone through the tutorial by docs before but it's not using adobe. and since i myself not really familiar with my software it was really difficult for me to understand. maybe i need to change to the same software so that i cld understand more. will try to make my themes more functional after this. Thankx for the advice! clap.gif
aapaii
Dear Jasnato,

I modified my theme to make it more functional. Wld really appreciate if you can give comments.

user posted image
jasnasto
It's a bit better, aapaii... thumbsup.gif
... but you have to do more, because the basic image is really busy, and need some kind of manipulation on all screens...
The thing that you have done with backgrounds is OK, although I would have probably use it only on popups, activity and input screens, using the image cropped from the menu backgound, not resized as you've done with morelist and popup, makes theme even more busy... in this case, you could just darkened or brightened the menu background, depending on which colour you want to use for the text...
Also, small highlights would look better if you cut few pixels from bottom and the top... hope this was not too much for you and that you understood at least a part of my thoughts... surrender.gif
aapaii
Thankx jasnasto.. notworthy.gif

I think i understand what you're trying to tell me.
wacko.gif

I will modify it again and post it back. Thankx! thumbsup.gif
aapaii
i have modified it again to make it more functional. reduced the contrast of the background and some other stuff.. but somehow i don't really see much different frm the one before.. sad.gif

user posted image
jasnasto
I was suggesting something like this... main menu, let's say a bit darker, popup same as activity menu and also in the same style, both inputs... some titles and softkeys as shown in the main menu, could be nice, too... in the same or similar style as highlights, of course... these are only my suggestions, please do it your own way, because I like to see a personal style in everyone's work... byebye.gif

user posted image
aapaii
thanks for the advice jas! notworthy.gif

i think i might need to redo most of the part again. before this my style was very different. but then as i learnt more of adobe it has started to change a lot and u can say that currently i'm still searching for my own style & identity in my theme. i think if i keep practising and learn more i will find it. Really appreciate your help jas. after i'm done with the theme i will post it again and ask for comments.

Thankx! clap.gif
aapaii
My latest theme.

It's my car. I was inspired by the picture in the official manufacturer's website. laugh.gif

I hope I won't get sued or anything for this. tongue.gif

Fell free to give any comments. Thanks! notworthy.gif

user posted image
Ng_LC
Are u from malaysia aapaii?

Edit:by the way,nice theme u got there but pls don't keep using the same image.
aapaii
@Ng_LC

Yes, I'm frm Malaysia. Thankx for the comment. Will look into it.

notworthy.gif
Ng_LC
QUOTE(aapaii @ Mar 15 2007, 10:03 PM)
@Ng_LC

Yes, I'm frm Malaysia. Thankx for the comment. Will look into it.

notworthy.gif
[right][snapback]296291[/snapback][/right]

How old are u by the way?
aapaii
I know u r 14.. hehe..

I'm going to be 28 soon..

crybaby.gif
tongue.gif
aapaii
my submission for TMC 157 "fractals"

user posted image
user posted image

zjurina
noooo.. dont rush surrender.gif

check the comment and answer in the TMC thread, please !
bj1605
Not bad but I agree with zjurina wink.gif
You must have read my mind though because that's exactly the same image than Im using laugh.gif
Shubham_Rana
nice thread and nice themes can say better than my themes
aapaii
@jzurina

sorry.. i didn't know. i will not submit first. actually this theme got loads of error.. have to change lot of stuff. thankx for highlighting it to me jzurina.

@bj

hehe.. i can't help it.. i'm crazy about blue coloured stuffs.. anyway i'm pretty sure yours will turn out much more better than mine as i'm still a newbie and a noob in these suff.. sad.gif

@Shubham

Thankx!! notworthy.gif
dr_megabyte
You've got some excellent coaching from Jas so I won't have to repeat all she has said. I can just emphasise the importance of functionality in your themes. (All text easily readable everywhere). Once you've got that down, you'll be a champ!
There's two ways of dealing with that, the first is to choose suitable backgrounds for the menu-screens. The other is adjusting your backgrounds to enhance readability. Overlaying with gradients, patterns, brushes, effects or images.

I would also suggest that you cut about five pixels from the top and bottom from your highlights. Slimmer is better imo..

Keep it up and pay attention to the suggestions you get. Don't get discouraged by them, they're only given to help you become even better! byebye.gif
aapaii
Thankx doc! notworthy.gif

It's an honour to receive comments and suggestion frm jasnasto, jzurina n yourself.

I will review back my theme and follow your advice. I just hope i can still make it in time. My target is not to win but to learn more. If i became much much more better then only i wld target the podium. My main problem seems to be functionality in all my themes coz i like to use colourful images for my background n try to retain it as original as it cld be. I will need to address the problem and find a solution. Will try what jas, jzurina, you n the others have just tought me. Thankx!

grouphug.gif 10.gif
aapaii
yesterday i updated my cp and i got 99 cp now. arghhhh! just 1 more cp short frm becoming rank 3. shd've updated today instead of yesterday.

currently i'm trying to make a new sig for myself. this is what i came up with but somehow it just look so plain to me. i just cldn't go on frm here.. oh how i wish someone cld make me a very nice looking sig..

user posted image
aapaii
i tried another one since the one before got a lot of probs.. ipersonally like this one a lot..

user posted image
user posted image
aapaii
revised for the ring volume colour

user posted image
aapaii
my new sig is finished.. finally.. and it's already 5.45 am here.. when will i get to sleep.. yawn.gif
aapaii
i'm currently working on a new theme.. but i can't get it to be funtional properly.. all the colours doesn't really match the background.. seriusly need some serius advice regarding this.. notworthy.gif

user posted image
Oopsession
Hi aapaii, what i would suggest is that you follow Jas and Docs advice.. and you will make great looking themes soon.. it takes a bit of time, patience and practice and lots of it.. but you get there in the end thumbsup.gif

As for your latest theme.. i would suggest that you remove those square blocks from the middle of your Softkeys, Highs, Titles, Statusbar....

Also add Softkeys to your Desktop, and make your Double Highs a little fatter laugh.gif

You forgot to add an image in the Row Title screen.. and add a Titlebar to your Tabs screen...

As for the text colurs used through-out your theme.. try using only 2 colours or 3 at the most... but use colours that go well with your Backgrounds.... smile.gif

This may take sometime, but just keep playing around till you get it right smile.gif

These are only my opinions.. hope they help you in some way winkiss.gif grouphug.gif byebye.gif
bj1605
The fractal one is much better! wow.gif Much much much better!!!! The readability is perfect and the colour combinations are immaculate!!I see you are learning well. I wish I had a trainer like you do!!
aapaii
@Oppsession:

Thankx for being my saviour! notworthy.gif
Really appreciate your advice n comments. actually i also thought that the Softkeys, Highs, Titles, Statusbar are looking weird.. but since i wanted to do something different so i just tried it out, unfortunately, it didn't turn out to be good. i will redo back it all and see how it goes. this functionality stuff when using anime as a background is really hard to achieve.. wallbash.gif but that's the nice thing about challenges.. i will do my best and try again mf_type.gif

@bj1605:

Thankx! notworthy.gif
really really really appreciate it. but i still have a very looong way to go.. i'm working hard to master themes functionality.. got to get my basics right first..
btw, which one did one did u really like coz both are named fractals.. the red one or the blue one? pls let me know ya.. Thankx a lot mate! notworthy.gif

grouphug.gif 10.gif
i said it before & i'll say it again. this place is really great!
davis-art
Hi aapaii! About last theme - I agree with Oopsie, square blocks are not needed (really, she said a lot what I went to say smile.gif ). Also you have hard-readable text in some titles. And try to use same colours for same text objects, e.g. titles, texts, highlight texts. It's not a rule, of course, but a mainstream, I think so...
And your second Fractals entry looks much better, I like this one wow.gif
jasnasto
You're improving very fast, aapaii... thumbsup.gif
Second Fractal looks so much better... as for the newest theme (and in general), Oopsie and Davies covered it all... byebye.gif
aapaii
guys.. clap.gif

thankx a lot! i really appreciate your comments and suggestions. notworthy.gif
it has really help me alot in improving myself.. eventho i'm nowhere near good yet, but i can feel that i'm moving forward, little by little, step by step.. i just got back frm a lousy day at the office.. will modified my theme and post it here.. hope to get your comments on it.. Thankx guys!

grouphug.gif 10.gif

aapaii
Hi guys!

as promised, here it is. this is what i've done up to now. used a lot of layers this time around.. but it looked a litle plain now i think.. pls give your comments.. notworthy.gif

thankx! clap.gif

grouphug.gif 10.gif
user posted image
aapaii
it's done! pls tell me what do u think of it?

user posted image
user posted image
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.