Many people including myself have had problems with ur phone not being detected by your pc. This is where this guide comes into play.
Original Guide By Yitz
Things you will need:
A) Driver Tool
C) RSD Lite 2.5 (or higher). Use Google to search for this one, as links to WAREZ is against forum rules.
Now, for the "tutorial":
1) Download Driver Tool.
2) Unzip the .RAR file using AlZip. (After AlZip is installed, right-click on the file, and choose "Extract to current folder")
3) In the "MOTODRIVERS" folder, run the "Driver Tool" utility. You will get this:
This process shouldn't take more than 30 seconds.
4) Open RSD Lite.
5) Plug in the phone.
6) The computer will "chirp" and you will get a notification that windows found a "New Hardware-Motorola Modem".
7) Now here comes the tricky part: Choose option 2 when the computer asks you to install the drivers, and press "Next". Like this:
8) Press "Browse", and look for the file you unzipped earlier named "MOTODRIVERS". Press "Ok". Like this:
The computer will find the drivers and say "Your hardware is installed and ready to be used".
DO NOT UNPLUG THE PHONE YET! The computer will find some more hardware.
9) Repeat steps 7 and 8 for the for the following:
"Data Logging MCU Interface"
"Test Command Interface"
10) Unplug the phone. Leave RSD Lite open.
11) Turn off the phone.
12) Force the phone into Boot-Loader Mode, by pressing * # and "power", simultaneously.
13) Plug the phone into the computer (RSD Lite should still be running).
14) Repeat steps 7 and 8 for the "Motorola Flash Interface".
Now you should have all (5) drivers correctly installed!
Note: If you make a mistake somewhere in the middle, just start from the beggining. The process should take no more than 5 minutes.
Hope this helps somebody. Good luck.
Btw i have a lens or a blog whatever u call it where u can know how to skin motos easily. Here's the link to the lens. It contains a comprehensive guide to install skins on Motorola L7 and Razr on memory card.