Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Chatterbox
mobile9 Forum > Competition Arena > Ringtone Challenge
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
VanjaT630
Here everyone can give their ideas, suggestions, comments...We would like to know what you think of this competition... Or, you can just chat with the ringtone makers...
ssivic
I think, this is a great project wich will help us to achive another level of ringtone making.
luisleal
Yeah, thats right... this ringtone challenge will bring more enthusiasm to people that appreciate tunes!
And im sure none of the Dj's here will let us down... Im getting excited about this as well, i wanna see the results in a few weeks and hopefully see a lot more people into it to make the things more interesting!

I have a advice to all the ringtoners of the challenge: - Everybody likes to win even if the prize is nothing, i dont need to say this but i wanna just remember that all we're participants and we have to respect each other as a team that we are.
Being the last classified doens't mean that you're the worse ringtoner of the group, not everybody likes the same remixes and if your remix its something unusual and you dont get enough appreciation you're in the right place, here you'll learn new methods and share your knowledge, and sooner or later you'll be the week number one!
The same applies to the winner, be the first doesn't mean that you're the best, who knows if you were just lucky! However, if you won was for some reason, but you have to be a great winner you sould encourage the other guys to not give up and give some tips and tricks!

We all are nice guys and girls... we are MOS!

Happy Remixing to all...

cheers.gif rockon.gif

LuisLeal
goronking
a truly encouraging speech. rockon.gif rifle.gif keep preaching

DtJ
sexysaraz2
Yes, I too am looking forward to the challenge, and that was a good speech LuisLeal, what you say is true. clap.gif
bnycastro
I'm not skilled enough for the challenge [I'm what you call a chopper... I just chop up songs to make tones] but I'm wishing all the competitors luck. MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU ALL!!! clap.gif clap.gif
sunilkm123
QUOTE(luisleal @ Feb 26 2007, 04:44 AM)
Yeah, thats right... this ringtone challenge will bring more enthusiasm to people that appreciate tunes!
And im sure none of the Dj's here will let us down... Im getting excited about this as well, i wanna see the results in a few weeks and hopefully see a lot more people into it to make the things more interesting!

I have a advice to all the ringtoners of the challenge: - Everybody likes to win even if the prize is nothing, i dont need to say this but i wanna just remember that all we're participants and we have to respect each other as a team that we are.
Being the last classified doens't mean that you're the worse ringtoner of the group, not everybody likes the same remixes and if your remix its something unusual and you dont get enough appreciation you're in the right place, here you'll learn new methods and share your knowledge, and sooner or later you'll be the week number one!
The same applies to the winner, be the first doesn't mean that you're the best, who knows if you were just lucky! However, if you won was for some reason, but you have to be a great winner you sould encourage the other guys to not give up and give some tips and tricks!

We all are nice guys and girls... we are MOS!

Happy Remixing to all...

cheers.gif rockon.gif

LuisLeal
[right][snapback]289951[/snapback][/right]

yes Luis ur right smile.gif 10.gif
im also here to learn new methods and some tricks and im also chopper like bnycastro, but i love to learn to remix songs !! and i know i will learn here,
all i need is ur help clap.gif
VanjaT630
@ luisleal - I thnik you've just summed up all there needs to be said about the Ringtone Challenge

@ all - Ringtones will probably never reach the level of the themes here at M9 (there is simply too much people into theming, rather than ringtoning), and as such, winning ringtones will never give the maker additional points or aknowledgement (like with the themes)... That is the reason I started the Trophy Room, where at least all the winners can get a little satisfaction and honour... At least, we'll have better looking trophies... tongue.gif... And I can put the trophy in the ringtone's page as a comment...What more could you want?
ssivic
To be honest with you Vanja, I agree on most of the things you mentioned, but I belive that somehow in the future we will gein "power" and respect for ringtoning. What I mean is that after this challenge gains some expirience and tradition, probbably we can have some agreement with admins, so we will have system wich will give us additional points for making your own ringtones. Well this is only my point of view. But this trophy thing is more than good for beggining. And of course tlike Vanja said "they are better looking"

And cool new sig Vanja! rockon.gif

Ssivic byebye.gif
RazBGD
i totally agree with u sivi-there should be some kind of scale for CPs.i dont want to offend anyone,but its not the same to "chop" the song and to make a ringtone from a sratch..i know,ive tried soooooo many times laugh.gif
VanjaT630
QUOTE(ssivic @ Feb 26 2007, 03:20 PM)
What I mean is that after this challenge gains some expirience and tradition, probbably we can have some agreement with admins, so we will have system  wich will give us  additional points for making your own ringtones.
[right][snapback]290242[/snapback][/right]

If we get to that point, I'll glady talk to the admins about this, but first things first...we have to prove ourselves here, if we can keep a steady weekly pace (5 ringtones minimum, ok, this is our first real week, and you still have to get that program)...after a few weeks it would be a great competition... and my biggest achievement would be if more people would enter the Challenge after they see how it works...

QUOTE(razbgd @ Feb 26 2007, 07:03 PM)
i totally agree with u sivi-there should be some kind of scale for CPs.i dont want to offend anyone,but its not the same to "chop" the song and to make a ringtone from a sratch..i know,ive tried soooooo many times laugh.gif[right][snapback]290242[/snapback][/right]

That would complicate things a lot for the validating team, who already have a lot of work to do...
shoutout
just popped in to wish you all good luck with Ringtone Challenge
VanjaT630
Thanks shoutout... guys, as you can see, there is a lot of interest in the Challenge (just check out the number of views per topic)...unless someone is constantly opening topics, I would say 20 members per day visit this subforum... thumbsup.gif
RazBGD
[quote=razbgd,Feb 26 2007, 07:03 PM]i totally agree with u sivi-there should be some kind of scale for CPs.i dont want to offend anyone,but its not the same to "chop" the song and to make a ringtone from a sratch..i know,ive tried soooooo many times laugh.gif[right][snapback]290242[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]

That would complicate things a lot for the validating team, who already have a lot of work to do...
[right][snapback]290373[/snapback][/right]
[/quote]
hmm..i dont think it would be a problem just to add new upload folder,for example"selfmade"or"original"or something and to change the CP equation(algoritham)for files aproved to that folder..
VanjaT630
Well, OK, but the thing is, a lot of people are a little to proud of their "self-made" ringtones...which are nothing but song put throug some converter/splitter...nowadays, you can make your own ringtone (with the above mentioned way) in literally 3 seconds... but still, people think they're self-made...so, go figure...
VanjaT630
I really like the fact that the number of view's to our Ringtone Challenge is steadily growing... Very motivating for all of us... thumbsup.gif...Well, Week 1 is behind us, and we're at the start of Week 2, and I hope ssivic will be able to join us in the challenge (if he got the hang of the software)... Which would make 6 ringtones in this week... That is, if everyone from the previous round will enter their ringtones... And I hope they all will...
ssivic
Yesterday i made a ringtonefor challenge, And guess what? It was the same song like Vanja & Tehnokid have!!! So I will look for another song to remix....

@VanjaT630
Yes I am learning the program as much as I can, I mean the program is HUGE! But made a few test ringtones and so I learn showoff.gif , but having a little problem to usse those other 2 cd, I have youst copy them to folder where I have installed the program.... So when I figure this, nothing will be able to stp me.... walkman.gif
VanjaT630
... and so finnaly I've made it to the rank Chief... Which suits me just fine for being the head of the Ringtone Challenge...
goronking
Congrats! clap.gif i bet it took longer then you expected. wallbash.gif wow.gif thumbsup.gif rockon.gif cheers.gif stretcher.gif 10.gif showoff.gif weightlift.gif sleeping.gif ddr.gif thumbs_up.gif

DtJ

i will have my ringtone done shortly
goronking
Do all participants have to vote?
sunilkm123
QUOTE(goronking @ Mar 7 2007, 08:19 AM)
[right][snapback]293173[/snapback][/right]

YES- All the participants MUST vote

check the form- RC Rules
sunilkm123
QUOTE(VanjaT630 @ Mar 7 2007, 04:36 AM)
... and so finnaly I've made it to the rank Chief... Which suits me just fine for being the head of the Ringtone Challenge...
[right][snapback]293103[/snapback][/right]

HEY Congrats! clap.gif 10.gif notworthy.gif
HuskyDog
I have idea. How about if anyone who take a part of that ringtone challenge posts both unmixed and mixed version of they competition files. It`s so fun to hear how defferent own version is and i just want to hear others unmixed version to compare them.
privremeni1
Congrats Vanja!!! clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif

rockon.gif

It is I SSIVIC , I am having some trubble with my account wallbash.gif, so I asked dear admins to look to it... gathering.gif rockon.gif
VanjaT630
QUOTE(privremeni1 @ Mar 7 2007, 08:02 AM)
It is I SSIVIC
[right][snapback]293206[/snapback][/right]

Alo Alo Quote:
LeClerk: ...Renee, it is I...LeClerk...!
Renee: A man with thousand faces...but they're all the same...!

gathering.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

I just had to remember the good old series... clap.gif
VanjaT630
QUOTE(HuskyDog @ Mar 7 2007, 06:48 AM)
I have idea. How about if anyone who take a part of that ringtone challenge posts both unmixed and mixed version of they competition files. It`s so fun to hear how defferent own version is and i just want to hear others unmixed version to compare them.
[right][snapback]293193[/snapback][/right]

...which in the case of technokid, you and me would make 3 same songs... but, different parts of it... I don't know, I have to think about this... lightbulb.gif mf_type.gif ...
goronking
QUOTE(sunilkm123 @ Mar 6 2007, 08:11 PM)
QUOTE(goronking @ Mar 7 2007, 08:19 AM)
[right][snapback]293173[/snapback][/right]

YES- All the participants MUST vote

check the form- RC Rules
[right][snapback]293177[/snapback][/right]

Can i vote myself?
HuskyDog
QUOTE(VanjaT630 @ Mar 7 2007, 12:38 PM)
QUOTE(HuskyDog @ Mar 7 2007, 06:48 AM)
[right][snapback]293193[/snapback][/right]

...which in the case of technokid, you and me would make 3 same songs... but, different parts of it... I don't know, I have to think about this... lightbulb.gif mf_type.gif ...
[right][snapback]293238[/snapback][/right]

I´ll try it next week then you can see how good thing it could be.
ssivic
@Vanja

congrats chief!

I have fixeed my account problem, and yes that series was exacly what I had in my mind...
bnycastro
congrats chief!
VanjaT630
@ all - I think I'll try and reach Rank 9:Champion...just so I'm not too far behind technokid & luis...
luisleal
Congrats Vanja! (Chief)

I wouldn't mind to give you half of my Cp points and get half of your posts! thumbsup.gif

Keep on the good work mate!

cheers.gif

LuisLeal
VanjaT630
Neither would I mind... Nah, I'll need about 200 files to get to the next rank... It'll take me a few months for that... But, no hurry...
VanjaT630
Just a reminder to all members, one does not have to be a member of M.o.S. to enter the ringtone challenge, the only prerequisite is to post a Trophy Case in theTrophy Room...
VanjaT630
... dots.gif wallbash.gif surrender.gif ... funny, how 3 weeks in a row people are voting wrong... Before 2nd Week's voting I changed the rules (obviously no one reads them), and noted (and also the rule is visible in the first post when you open the Week N Voting topic), that every member that participated in that week's challenge should post a weekly theme along with his/her votes... So, I don't have to worry about the winning members (who chooses the next wek's heme) being online within next 24 hours from announcing the results...That way the weekly theme is known the moment I declare the winner...but NOOOOOOO.... You all want to do it the hard way... Sorry, I can't help you... I tried, I made the rule visible, but no one noticed, and now it is the 3rd voting, and again, no one notices... But the rule is still boldly standing, hanging around... I just hope the Week 5 Voting will change this - when you guys finnaly notice this post... sad.gif
ssivic
Well dont worry I have voted, and ofcourse havent choose the next wek's theme, because I know I wont win....anyway I will in week five no worries... byebye.gif
sexysaraz2
QUOTE(VanjaT630 @ Mar 23 2007, 05:34 AM)
...  dots.gif  wallbash.gif  surrender.gif ... funny, how 3 weeks in a row people are voting wrong... Before 2nd Week's voting I changed the rules (obviously no one reads them), and noted (and also the rule is visible in the first post when you open the Week N Voting topic), that every member that participated in that week's challenge should post a weekly theme along with his/her votes... So, I don't have to worry about the winning members (who chooses the next wek's heme) being online within next 24 hours from announcing the results...That way the weekly theme is known the moment I declare the winner...but NOOOOOOO.... You all want to do it the hard way... Sorry, I can't help you... I tried, I made the rule visible, but no one noticed, and now it is the 3rd voting, and again, no one notices... But the rule is still boldly standing, hanging around... I just hope the Week 5 Voting will change this - when you guys finnaly notice this post... sad.gif
[right][snapback]299453[/snapback][/right]

Sorry Vanja, I do not know how I have overlooked that you changed the voting!
crybaby.gif I will make sure that I change my voting for next week.
VanjaT630
Nice to see the shiny trophies fill the Trophy Room week after week... thumbsup.gif

This is my personal conclusion of the Ringtone Challenge so far - techno is the thing around here, if you make the good techno ringtone (with a good melody and good beats), you'll definetly make it to the weekly podium...
VanjaT630
rifle.gif rifle.gif rifle.gif rifle.gif rifle.gif rifle.gif rifle.gif

I hope all members will see this -> IMPORTANT UPDATE TO THE RULES AND THE ENTIRE RINGTONE CHALLENGE!!!!!

So, it came to my attention that some members' ringtones are very questionable, in terms of did they remix it, or just took the already remixed version...

I've recieved complaints from several members, and decided that something needs to change around here...

What is changed is that along with your ringtone, you have to upload the part of the song you've used to make the remix... That way, everyone can judge the true value of your work... I'll speak in my name, I've spent 3 hours making my ringtone for Week 4, and it definetly deserves a higher ranking (in terms of the quality of the remix)...Which definetly couldn't be said for some other members...

Also, Ringtone Challenge won't change the name into Remix Ringtone Challenge (like some proposed)... But that doesn't mean that the originals will be accepted, the name of the challenge is that simply because it's about ringtones...

ALSO, I'm deeply worried and sad that NOBODY reads the rulebook... Which is obvious by the number of views it has, 80% are by me... I made some changes, but no one saw them... Well, not my problem...

I'm also sad that no one else is voting, apart from the members that entered the challenge... How come? Do I have to write a special invitation to the entire M9 Community?... Go figure...

I'll make the rules more strict if necessary if this won't help... You have been warned...
VanjaT630
... sadly, this topic is inactive... sad.gif

My view on the current standings...very close...it's a very close match between technokid360, McKing, sunilkm123 and myself... clapping.gif

And, also, sadly, the number of new members that enter the challenge is almost 0... This week, razbgd entered, and I think it will pass another couple of weeks before someone new decides to enter the challenge... I wish you can prove me wrong... thumbsup.gif
McKing
yeah, it's very closed among 4 of us. however, i realised each contestant has own speciality in making ringtone. just a few examples:

-Husky's pro in mixing background effects into original tone.

-no doubt, technokid's the King of techno music remixes in M9!

-sunilkm is the all times best indies mixes.

-sara has her own styles in classic mix.

these are a few examples as i see their trends in making ringtones in the challenge. i'm sorry if anyone doesn't agree with that. well, it's just my point of view. anyway, i really appreciate and enjoy with the different type of ringtone makings. u guys are talented! 10.gif clap.gif notworthy.gif grouphug.gif
ssivic
Yes I agree with you McKing. This different styles is what makes this RC better.
RazBGD
QUOTE(VanjaT630 @ Mar 25 2007, 10:19 AM)
I'm also sad that no one else is voting, apart from the members that entered the challenge... How come? Do I have to write a special invitation to the entire M9 Community?... Go figure...
[right][snapback]300421[/snapback][/right]

QUOTE(VanjaT630 @ Apr 21 2007, 10:08 PM)
And, also, sadly, the number of new members that enter the challenge is almost 0...
[right][snapback]318089[/snapback][/right]

you know that people do need some kind of promotional activities that will stick right in their eyes before they notice anything else besides what they came to m9 for..is there any way that tunes which were on the podium can get some sort of mark with the link to the challenge on the dl page?maybe you could talk with admins about that..I also proposed creation of a new forum,which would not be just a subforum of a theme making but completely separate competition forum..also,when you click on downloads(left top),theres only a link to TMC..another thing for you to talk about with the admins-not many people will do anything without some sort of encouragement.for the TMC,reward is getting more CPs..how many members mos have and how many of them entered the challenge this week?thats the sadest part for me..ringtone request topic is the most visited part of the ringtone forum and I havent seen a word about the challenge in there..I know that some of you wont take this lightly coming from me(this is your turf,etc.) but I just had to write it cause its a pity to see how much effort vanja is putting to make this work and others are a bit indolent..techno did a great thing putting that poster about the mos on his homesite.how about the same thing for the challenge?I know that m9 and the challenge are not everything in the life,but either i do it best i can,or I wont take my clothes at all..etc.,etc...altought this may sound harsh,please-do understand it as friendly post,cause it really is,nothing else smile.gif
RazBGD
Vanja,why don`t you put links to all the tunes in the voting booth like they do in the TMC?
VanjaT630
I'll give it a thought... thumbsup.gif
VanjaT630
OK, some info... there will be some changes around here... Of course, changes to better... so, here it goes:

1. In the voting topic you'll have links to all the ringtones that entered that week (like in the Wallpaper Competition for instance)
2. Every 10 Week's, I'll announce 2 Top members (as listed in the Current Standings) with the title - RINGTONE SUPERHERO... Their names will be displayed in a new topic in the RC... After Week 20, again 2 members will become Ringtone Superheroes, if one (or both of those top 2) already has that title, member below him on the Current Scoreboard gets that title... So basically, after Week 50, everyone that entered the Challenge can recieve that title... That's just to celebrate the long life of the RC, nothing special, but just to show the appreciation to all of you guys' (and girls) hard work with the ringtones... This is far from the Theme makers badges, but it is a good start... thumbsup.gif

Detailed info about this title and the terms to get it will be added within a couple of days in a new topic...

10.gif

P.S. Give me your comments on this... grouphug.gif
sunilkm123
RINGTONE SUPERHERO ?

thats nice wil try for this weightlift.gif
VanjaT630
I just can find extra time to give the comments for the remaining weeks (from 7th to 9th week)... God knows when (or if) luisleal will be coming back (to actively participate in the forum)... So, either I continue tho give comments (which is nonsense), or I/we find someone who'll give weekly comments... Any ideas?
AzureSephiroth

I want to know some of the software most ppl use in the ringtone challenge...
technokid1974
QUOTE(VanjaT630 @ May 1 2007, 09:10 PM)
I just can find extra time to give the comments for the remaining weeks (from 7th to 9th week)... God knows when (or if) luisleal will be coming back (to actively participate in the forum)... So, either I continue tho give comments (which is nonsense), or I/we find someone who'll give weekly comments... Any ideas?
[right][snapback]323080[/snapback][/right]

ye if u like i would like 2 give comments byebye.gif clap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.