Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3g Network Expiriences
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Service Providers
RazBGD
finally,3g came to my country:)what are yours expiriences with that type of data transfer?cheap,fast,slow,expensive,etc.?smile.gif
TEORX
It was shocK !! my first bill on 3G kills me ~ , it charged me USD 350.00 holysl** ~ 1.gif , cuz i usually go online on tha phone , why it cost me so much ? or should I subcribe thier package or sometin ? plz
gka3000
In Srilanka 3G Service is offered by " Dialog GSM " its a bit expensive though it coasts u about 50Rs per min. 1.gif
adonisdemon
Haven't had problems, but only recently started using a 3G network. HSPDA is great, quick fast web browsing (always buy a plan). I've got unlimited data downloads for £7.50 per month.

Reception seems to be fine also.
vegeta_sa
I pay about ZAR2 per Meg, on the basic package, which is not too bad thats on MTN.
the other service providers charge about the same, Virgin Mobile charges 50c a Meg, but the not as fast yet, but the price is 1/4 the normal.
fyi 1USD = 7.2039ZAR
anthraxomega
u guys won't believe this but,it's still not officially available in egypt,and what's more weird,is that my phone is sometimes connected to THE 3G NETWORK(SOMEHOW...)
coolguy6415
in india its being offered by AIRTEL
SKITSOfranic
wow y'all getting robbed point blank getting charged per minute to go on the internet never not with my provider i was on the internet for about 13 hours once i fell asleep when i was browsing and i only got charged $5usd because i get unlimited everything with my provider metro pcs
spot_1
Hello byebye.gif in Australia, we have the next-G Network carried by Telstra (the main tel-com in oz) ,

I'm not sure how it is in the rest of the world but can you watch foxtel(for AUS$14.00 a month off your mobiles, it has a larger area of coverage , i would also like to add i'm for the "outback"(the Kimberly region) and i do a lot of moving around up the top end. the dist. between town can be up to 4hr away ... 3g couldn't cover <swearword snipped> all in the gap between towns ... Next-g covers just that little bit more

anyway just thourt id put my 2 cents worth in.

shinn_asuka
Hmm... 3G is offered by many Network operators in HK... Here are some in the order of quality (in my opinion):
1)PCCW
2)3 Hong Kong
3)Smartone- Vodafone
4)CSL

(The plans are in Hong Kong Dollars, to convert them to USD, please visit this siteClick Here!)
castleboyz
In Sri Lanka Dialog GSM and Mobitel(Company of Sri Lankan Telecom) are offering 3G.

Specially Mobitel has The LATEST AND FASTEST 3.5 G . it has Amazing 7.2 Mbps Speed 10.gif (Downloading) . Proud of mobitel bcos it is the only provider which has the fasteset 3G network in Asia.

M3 3.5 G--Mobiltel

And Dialog has 5Mbps (Down) speed. clap.gif

I have Both of them. I used Dialog 3G Network and video call is clear But it is Not fast enogh.
rubg

In Israel all three companies give 3G,
I do not have any experience with that.

gka3000
QUOTE(castleboyz @ Jan 19 2008, 01:38 AM)
In Sri Lanka Dialog GSM and Mobitel(Company of Sri Lankan Telecom) are offering 3G.

Specially Mobitel has The LATEST AND FASTEST 3.5 G . it has Amazing

7.2 Mbps Speed  10.gif (Downloading) . Proud of mobitel bcos it is the

only provider which has the fasteset 3G network in Asia.

M3 3.5 G--Mobiltel

And Dialog has 5Mbps (Down) speed.  clap.gif

I have Both of them. I used Dialog 3G Network and video call is

clear But it is Not fast enogh.
[right][snapback]465325[/snapback][/right]

now we have something to use in our phones i'm really glad about it ... 10.gif
castleboyz
QUOTE(gka3000 @ Jan 19 2008, 08:13 PM)
now we have something to use in our phones i'm really glad about it ...  10.gif
[right][snapback]465459[/snapback][/right]

Ya me too. 10.gif

Also in Dialog 3G Superline the cost of video call and voice call are same. 10.gif . 3 SL Rupees per minute-That is nearly 0.03 US Dollars smile.gif .
amathyst
I work for AT&T. I happen to know for a fact that with AT&T you do not pay for 3G service. We have several 3G markets. However we still have several still in the Edge market. 3G is very fast for a cell phone data network. It's speeds are slightly higher than dialup. Many of you are talking about getting charged. If you do not have a data plan and you get online with your phone you will be charged per KB. At AT&T you get charged 1 cent per KB. It doesn't sound like much, however it adds up quick! You think you like 3G?? China is currently working on a 4G network! Now that will be almost broadband speeds.. I cannot wait for that to come out in the USA!!! Woot!
Benny2478
@SKITSOfrantic

yeah I have metro too, the price is good and the service is excellent but the phones could be better!

tauqeerzahir
I am very much exited bout the 3g service its just launched in WB india.
Hope its gives much better speed.Yet rapidshare sucks guys can u help me out getting any free rapidshare account i use it around between 10pm-6am IST.Very Thankful to you if you help me.
rollfresh
I have 3g from t-mobile and its not that great. It is faster but you rarely come into range of the satellite. Most of the time i'm on regular edge network.
p.snp

very very expenssive .. thumbdown.gif mad.gif mad.gif here...and usless............ evil_2.gif fryguy.gif mad.gif
arbri135
serbia sucks
arbri135
kosovo forever
Alamin007
very very expensive wallbash.gif ..
Alamin007
very very expensive wallbash.gif ..
kochaji
thanx
eliasjan
QUOTE (RazBGD @ Jan 9 2007, 01:56 PM) *
finally,3g came to my country:)what are yours expiriences with that type of data transfer?cheap,fast,slow,expensive,etc.?smile.gif

Also In My Country
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.