Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: G-e-h-b Themers League
mobile9 Forum > Beyond Mobile > Groups
AzureSephiroth

Allow me to open this thread for the upcoming competition between the best of the best, junior, inexperienced, themers on M9!
NahSoR
NOTE: This is open to EVERY M9er (Well except the experts)

Join in today!
thomas_sweden
I think you should mention something about the rules wink.gif
AzureSephiroth
These are the primary rules regarding the competition:

1. ALL MEMBERS FROM M9 ARE ALLOWED TO JOIN INCLUDING GROUP MEMBERS.

2. To begin a round, we must have either 4 contestants or 8 contestants.

3. Voting is done by M9 members and groups other than HB and GE. (notice: we may not use this rule for the time being as we need to advertise this competition first.

4. Winners will receive a logo signifying they've won the contest. Every single logo will be unique from the other round(s).

Those are the basic rules we'll follow during the lifespan of this competition. Note that we may be subjected to change, add or remove any rules that seem to be unfit.

Good luck and head on your drawing boards!
dr_megabyte
Ok.. So what's wrong with TMC and TMT?? blink.gif
dr_megabyte
Another thing is if you intent to make this a permanent form of competition I think you should approach Ex first, because a TMC-like competition in the same forum may not only be overkill but also unwanted internal rivalry within M9.

I'm sure you understand that you may "steal" contestants from TMC (especially from your two groups) into this comp, and if so, you're undermining TMC which I'm sure won't be very popular with the admins.

Sorry, but I can't understand the point of this as long as we have TMC.. surrender.gif
thomas_sweden
don't blame GE, we're innocent... tongue.gif but I guess you don't have to worry, since noone will notice this tongue.gif and I agree with you doc... but one thing we could chage in this competition is that it's only allowed to do wallpapers and maybe screensavers(which I know was the idea in the beggining)
dr_megabyte
If it were to be walls and savers, the best way would be to incorporate it with M9's "Competition Arena" with a topic of its own and vote-thread just like TMC. You would need a mod for that though. No way I'm taking on more than TMC and TMT.. tongue.gif
But again, you need to approach Ex with that..
shoutout
think a competition for walls and screen savers will to the right way for your groups to go with this competition as themer have already got good backing in this site and it would be a good thing to add a community for members who are uploading wall and screen savers well good luck need any help latter give me a shout
NahSoR
Ya, I guess its quite pointless to start another Themer comp........

We should stick to walls, screensavers....
thomas_sweden
great... but then the comp will have to wait, since expert isn't active now... or is he?
bj1605
Actually this won't steal the limelight rom the TMC/TMT because it is for the junior themers that don't have as much of a chance but it would be good if we just had a screensaver comp
vinnieza
Isn't it just a one off competition and maybe a couple of more in the future if all goes well though? Or did you want a concurrent competition?

If its a one off yeah it'll affect the tmc for that week, but after it'll continue as normal?
bj1605
No there will be a couple, but the main idea was that it was for screensavers between GE and HazardB
thomas_sweden
I have to correct you and say wallpapers tongue.gif I think it's a better idea! then noone should be angry about it, right?
AzureSephiroth
I think that making this competition permanent could change the way TMC is currently at. We need insights from doc and other admins before we proceed any furthur.

We do not want to be in any way rivals against the admins or the M9 community. Its just sometimes the admins arent around to provide us with guidelines on such things.

thomas_sweden
I told expert the idea... I hope he see it...
shoutout
QUOTE(AzureSephiroth @ Dec 8 2006, 09:06 PM)
I think that making this competition permanent could change the way TMC is currently at. We need insights from doc and other admins before we proceed any furthur.

We do not want to be in any way rivals against the admins or the M9 community. Its just sometimes the admins arent around to provide us with guidelines on such things.
[right][snapback]262473[/snapback][/right]

first off you need to come to a decision on what the competition is e.g. wall or screen saver or themes were you wish to hold it and who its for your 2 groups or any m9 member rules and basic set-up of the competition once you have all this drawn up you can make your proposal to admin and i sure we will be more than happy to help you out any way we can wink.gif
NahSoR
Firstly:
We are not thinkin of a permenant comp (as of now)

2) The comp is NOT about themes.

3) We are still in primary stages of developing this comp, so it wont start anytime soon.

I hope this clears up a few things smile.gif
AzureSephiroth
Nice one NahSoR, we just need to complicate the rules abit. lol
AzureSephiroth
I think anthrax will give me some kind of position in this whole thing, and when he does... I'll make some dramatic changes everyone will love.

here are some of my ideas that I gained from the 15th Asian Games of Doha 2006:

1.) Logo for EACH AND EVERY ROUND. Take a look at the Asian games logo for each one... they look sweet and not to mention, resemble FF logos which I love!

So heres the catch, every logo has the Asia star incorporated somewhere in it. The Doha logo looked like the sea and a patch of sand. I'm thinking we could put Hazard Blue's logo (whichever) and GE's Logo (if they have one) and merge them onto simple artistic logos with solid colors... SWEET!

2.) Titles: People have been working in the M9 forums for ages, helping other people, herding them misguided sheep smile.gif. So why don't we announce the BEST GUIDE of the month every month?? or even the BEST TYPIST of the month? we could start giving the good and hard working people here some recognition!

I'll keep my other thoughts to myself but I want feedback on this!
Night-Rider
Nice one Azure. It will be great giving the awards for the Best Guide and the Best Typist. And the idea about the logo i think it is good. thumbsup.gif
AzureSephiroth
Thank you NightRider, now, be need to hear what other people have to say about this.
AzureSephiroth
Here are the logos of the latest Asian games and the upcoming one in china, 2010 (GRRR).

Take note of how the Asia star is within each of these artistic logos:

1.) 15th ASIAN GAMES DOHA 2006
Simple yet elegant design of a water body with patches of sand.
user posted image

2.) 16th ASIAN GAMES GUANGZHOU 2010
Emblem resembling their sacred goat, not bad.
user posted image

Now here are other PAST logos that were used:

1.) 13th ASIAN GAMES BANGKOK 1998
Some kind of temple...
user posted image

2.) 14th ASIAN GAMES BUSAN 2002
Nice logo that looks like a tidal wave.
user posted image

Now we could replace that red star with HB's and GE's Logos and make our own logos for each week of the competition.

Feedback needed on this matter.
Ng_LC
What are u guys talking about?
AzureSephiroth
this will be a competition ng, read the forum from the start. smile.gif
AzureSephiroth
ATTENTION:

Being the active member in this forum, I would like to announce that the competition is in the works. We're just finishing up some issues with the GE people representing GE. Once that is done, we will proceed with the competition. Expect the first draft of rules to come within 4 - 5 days from now, if everything goes well.
bj1605
Will it just be GE+HB?
AzureSephiroth
ya, others teams are full on activities...do you see any other potential partners?
bj1605
no just askin
chunkyvic
To single out beginners from experts and creating a seperate competition is not a good idea. We were all beginners at some point. It to about 7 months before I even placed 3rd in the TMC, but I got there in the end.

Beginners need to pitch their skills againts the 'experts' in order to compare and improve on their work. They will also get the advice and tips from these 'experts' that will eventually make them 'experts' themselves.

Vic
kerohl
yeah guys.. i think vic is right.. winners have been losers too, just that they don't give up.. wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif thumbsup.gif clapping.gif rockon.gif cheers.gif grouphug.gif lightbulb.gif 10.gif showoff.gif flex.gif thumbs_up.gif mf_type.gif
thomas_sweden
you like smilies, don't you? tongue.gif
Ng_LC
Urm...are we going to start this comp. ?
bj1605
On Sunday in the competition arena thread
Ng_LC
ok
AzureSephiroth
COMPETITION STARTS ON SUNDAY!! THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN CLOSED. HEAD OVER TO THE COMPETITION AREA.
thomas_sweden
no this havn't been closed, I can still post here laugh.gif
AzureSephiroth
thomas, stop meddling in my affairs..smile.gif I was just bluffing about closing the topic....now you opened it again...!!!
Night-Rider
No thomas didn't. It was already open.
AzureSephiroth
l-look what you done! now everyones talking! smile.gif
thomas_sweden
haha, I'm evil devil2.gif
AzureSephiroth
-sigh-
Unknowndevice
I want to Join in competitions too but as of now I lack in skills can you help me guys weightlift.gif
shuvashisroy

GO HERE to view and download

rate and add to favourite PLEASE
sugato_maity
QUOTE (NahSoR @ Dec 6 2006, 02:50 AM) *
<br />NOTE: This is open to EVERY M9er (Well except the experts)<br /><br />Join in today!<br />
<br /><br /><br /> got it
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.