Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: El_yemo's Themes
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Showcase: Sony Ericsson Themes
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
el_yemo
Hi! byebye.gif Please feel free to watch my work and of course comment it! that's important for me to improve happy.gif

I already uploaded my first theme ever laugh.gif it ain't the best looking but I had fun doing it, the theme is about my favourite heroe, spiderman.

Enjoy!

user posted image
el_yemo
My second theme based on one of my favourites games Quake III Arena... notworthy.gif
the standby pic it's animated, the flare moves from side to side happy.gif
user posted image
jdjMadDog
1st of all, el_j Wellcome to m9
I'm glad u joined our mobile community grouphug.gif

now about the Themes...

Spiderman:

... nice idea concept
but:

Great choice of Standby Picture!!

don't avoid to use title pics, I know now like they r they fit the theme cause the colours u used
try to use it from the Main Standby or Desktop Picture, or make some with programs like PSP (Paint Shop Pro) or even like PS (Photoshop), or others u r using... but those 2 r best for graphics...

... see like u r maked the highlights with gradients, and used the spider web detail, excellent (maybe u can also try to make some borders on theme...)

... next, Inputs: I'll not tell u now that Inputs like u r used in the theme r not good, it's ok to start to use them by default, but then u can make some your own or use the Navigation background picture and cut (crop) the position for Input picture

Hey don't be afraid, u will all learn it in here by looking other themers doing they own work, and listen the comments and suggestions...
Many Themers in here that r Goooood now, also joined like u and started in the same way!

- - -

now Quake III Arena:

... again great start!
then u used desktop pic, with highly contrast, that also ok sometimes, even maybe in this theme,
but then later on Navigation Screen u began to lose... don't use Titles and Highlights in that way, yes they look very functional like that,
but whole theme is not...

now ... one more tip, for all themes u will make; be on guard and pay attention on the contrast colours at fonts text and backgrounds, like that u will make excellent readabillity and functionality

... at the end, this two theme r Great start and they r not looking so bad at all.
Just keep learning from others, experiment yourself, try everything u can when u r makin' the theme...
... and u will progress very soon, u will see yourself

Sorry if I was to long, but this was just some tips from my side, didn't want to make u scared or something

Again so happy u Joine m9, and hope I'll see u more often in here. clap.gif

byebye.gif JD
el_yemo
byebye.gif thx man! nice comments about my work, and thx for the tips too very constructive your reply.

Well yeah, this is the start and it's like I'm getting into something really new and I really like it, maybe these themes aren't the best but with the help of ppl like you I can improve.

Thx for the comments and I will keep an eye on you too happy.gif
rikard_sweden
Looks good clapping.gif

But save the preview as png thumbsup.gif

And try to find pictures with better quality, it will make your themes even better thumbsup.gif (I'm feeling smart tongue.gif )
shoutout
great theme for you first time cant wait to see more
el_yemo
thanks for your comments rikard and shoutout cool.gif ... the only thing that I'm waiting it's the admin revision to get my themes uploaded.... gosh 24hrs? too much... anyways i have to wait..
gregers_uk
welcome to themeing,
like the idea of your 2 themes, just one point as i have been told this by many a great themer, dont rush the themes, when i started i was chucking out maybe 3 or 4 themes a week, but now i am lucky if i get the one finished. Try it and test it and improve it.

Make sure the functionality of the theme is there, make sure your highlights stand out and dont blend in with the background, also make sure you can see all the text make it readable.

keep up the good work, have a look at my themes i started the same as you and i am slowly improving.

just passing on the good advice i received

hope its useful
el_yemo
notworthy.gif that is a good advice man =)... yea I will slow down, at this moment I'm watching others themes, there are a lot of good works around.

Of course I will check your gallery, watching a gallery makes me think on how I can improve thumbsup.gif

Thanks for your comment!
gregers_uk
hey el-yemo hows theming going
el_yemo
hey man, I'm workin on a theme but I'm having troubles with it... the morelist image that i want to load it doesn't load properly... I guess it's a bug in the program (Theme creator SE) and I'm watching other's work to get some new ideas... how about u?
jasnasto
QUOTE(el_yemo @ Oct 15 2006, 08:30 PM)
hey man, I'm workin on a theme but I'm having troubles with it... the morelist image that i want to load it doesn't load properly... I guess it's a bug in the program (Theme creator SE) and I'm watching other's work to get some new ideas... how about u?
[right][snapback]244622[/snapback][/right]

I guess that's because you're trying to import transparent image as morelist, then the colour of the morelist background is visible through it... that's why it looks different... so no transparent images for that part, and I advise the same for the popup screens...

While I'm here, your Paparazzi theme looks really good, nice colour scheme and transparent bars wink.gif, well done overall... clap.gif Keep it up... byebye.gif
el_yemo
Thank you Jas, I appreciate your comment and your advise notworthy.gif
gregers_uk
refering to your theme in my shoubox, i like it, looks nice and clean and functional, just 2 things to pick up on that one, the popup background is imo too bright , the highlights arent really clear, also i might be tempted to make the text on the softkeys lighter as the left key can be hard to see.

Hope this helps
el_yemo
byebye.gif hi Gregers, thanks for the constructive comment as Jas did, I'm taking note of them wink.gif

Well I'm posting a new theme that I made last sunday... It's called "Keeper of the constellation". In this theme I used an art work made by charlie140588 http://charlie140588.deviantart.com/ that's her website at DA, she has a very nice gallery wow.gif (I must add, I love her art, it's very clean happy.gif). So any comments about the art, give them to Charlie, she did the hardest part; I just placed some pieces together to make this theme. Enjoy! thumbsup.gif

user posted image
thomas_sweden
nice theme, but maybe you should add a softkey on the standby? and maybe a statusbar? you can try that, I'm not sure it would look better...but a transparent softkey and statusbar maybe? still a nice theme thumbsup.gif byebye.gif
Sedma
Very nice theme, much better than first one thumbsup.gif Theme is simple, clean and it seems to me that is readable enough. Nice idea for tab selected clap.gif
el_yemo
@Thomas: yeah I was thinking the same... for next works I will keep it in mind Thomas, thx for the constructive comment. grouphug.gif

@Sedma: laugh.gif I'm happy that you liked it, and I like the tab too xD
gregers_uk
10.gif clap.gif
what an improvement i like the keeper theme very functional , keep it up buddy weightlift.gif
CrystalEYE
I like the purple one. The colors are very good. Next step would be to invest more work on the titles and bars.
Try to experiment with the shape of the bars and some gradents. thumbsup.gif
jasnasto
Clean and functional, with great colouring... tab selected is a nice touch... good to see you're improving, now keep on experimenting... byebye.gif
dr_megabyte
Agree in full with crystal and jas. Will be nice to see your work in the future if you're this good already!
shoutout
an other great theme "Keeper of the constellation" keep it up
el_yemo
@gregers: thank you! my previous themes were kinda an experiment tongue.gif

@Crystal: purple looks so nice on the original pic =)... you are right about invest more time, I don't know why I supressed the status bar xD, oh well next theme laugh.gif

@Jas: notworthy.gif like I said to you, your work is pure inspiration, I love your work. I like to watch everyone's work it is so constructive thumbsup.gif

@dr_megabyte: Thank you! I have a new one coming soon happy.gif but I will do some changes to it =P

@shoutout: Thank you man!
el_yemo
byebye.gif my 4th theme it's based on "paparazzi" by Tet Bautista http://tetbow.deviantart.com/ so, any comment about the art give it to Tet thumbsup.gif
I invested more time on this theme, like Crystal said tongue.gif I hope you like it and of course post your comments and critics about it. Enjoy happy.gif

user posted image

*File uploaded after some noob problem happy.gif
thomas_sweden
very nice theme thumbsup.gif just one thing, and this is not a complain, it's a question: in the activity menu tab, the unselected tabs is visible in the selected, if you know what I mean, is this how it's ment to be, or haven't you noticed? byebye.gif
el_yemo
QUOTE(thomas_sweden @ Oct 20 2006, 11:57 AM)
very nice theme thumbsup.gif just one thing, and this is not a complain, it's a question: in the activity menu tab, the unselected tabs is visible in the selected, if you know what I mean, is this how it's ment to be, or haven't you noticed? byebye.gif
[right][snapback]245988[/snapback][/right]

yes, that's the way it was meant to be laugh.gif
thomas_sweden
then I have no further questions tongue.gif nice theme once again! thumbsup.gif
adonisdemon
a bit gruesome, but cool wink.gif
el_yemo
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Oct 20 2006, 03:28 PM)
a bit gruesome, but cool wink.gif
[right][snapback]246031[/snapback][/right]

glad to read your honesty smile.gif thank you
dr_megabyte
Good one, mate! I like it! thumbsup.gif
el_yemo
QUOTE(dr_megabyte @ Oct 20 2006, 04:23 PM)
Good one, mate! I like it! thumbsup.gif
[right][snapback]246047[/snapback][/right]

notworthy.gif thank you doc! appreciated
rantanplan
Both last themes are great for a new themer! clap.gif
I can see that you improved a lot and that you can work very well with colours thumbsup.gif
Keep it up... byebye.gif
el_yemo
QUOTE(rantanplan @ Oct 22 2006, 12:43 AM)
Both last themes are great for a new themer!  clap.gif
I can see that you improved a lot and that you can work very well with colours thumbsup.gif
Keep it up...  byebye.gif
[right][snapback]246375[/snapback][/right]

laugh.gif thank you! I'm doing my best I'm not so good in photoshop... happy.gif
gregers_uk
why dont you try paint shop pro, i like it, its pretty easy to use
el_yemo
QUOTE(gregers_uk @ Oct 22 2006, 02:11 PM)
why dont you try paint shop pro, i like it, its pretty easy to use
[right][snapback]246555[/snapback][/right]

oh thx, maybe I will... I'm so damn lazzy lol laugh.gif
el_yemo
wub.gif I really like her... happy.gif dream is for free
user posted image

byebye.gif enjoy!
shoutout
love your paparazzi theme and i can see way you like her in your last theme nice work el_yemo
el_yemo
QUOTE(shoutout @ Oct 28 2006, 04:43 PM)
love your paparazzi theme and i can see way you like her in your last theme nice work el_yemo
[right][snapback]248459[/snapback][/right]

smile.gif thank you shoutout.. well yes, she is so beatiful happy.gif couldn't resist to make one using her pics
gregers_uk
yemo you are improving fast well done
el_yemo
QUOTE(gregers_uk @ Oct 28 2006, 05:02 PM)
yemo you are improving fast well done
[right][snapback]248468[/snapback][/right]

notworthy.gif thank you man! I'm inspired and I enjoy making them smile.gif lol she inspired me xD
thomas_sweden
nice theme smile.gif keep them comming smile.gif you're improving faster than me surrender.gif not so hard though since I'm too lazy to theme tongue.gif
el_yemo
QUOTE(thomas_sweden @ Oct 28 2006, 05:08 PM)
nice theme smile.gif keep them comming smile.gif you're improving faster than me surrender.gif not so hard though since I'm too lazy to theme tongue.gif
[right][snapback]248470[/snapback][/right]

laugh.gif man hahaha I can do a theme when I have some free time, on weekends because of my job and I don't have gf at this moment so plenty time to do it tongue.gif thx for your comments byebye.gif
rantanplan
Very nice work, again! clap.gif
el_yemo
QUOTE(rantanplan @ Oct 29 2006, 06:21 AM)
Very nice work, again!  clap.gif
[right][snapback]248629[/snapback][/right]

Thank you rantanplan! oh btw I like your sig pic did you make it?
ArthurWill
you are improving fast well done

Agree, nice theme. thumbsup.gif
jdjMadDog
Nice progress seen... thumbsup.gif clapping.gif Good work
jasnasto
Kristin Kreuk theme looks very nice... great choice of images and good colouring... clap.gif
el_yemo
@Arthur: hi!!! thank you, it is because of you that I'm here at m9 and I have to say to you thank you for that notworthy.gif

@Jd: thanks, trying to do my best but still don't know too much about photoshop getting hard to not repeat the same on the themes

@Jas: Thank you Jas! it was so difficult to find the right images mostly on the navigation pic :S

grouphug.gif

oh btw I've uploaded some mp3 ringtones tongue.gif lol check them out (thx to who validated them so fast!!!)

http://homesite.mobile9.com/el_yemo/
Sedma
Really great improving clap.gif. Last theme is very nice, good looking and functional. Well done thumbsup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.