Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Orientation Aware Backgrounds
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Showcase: Windows Mobile/iPhone/HTC/UIQ/Motorola/Siemens Themes
bnycastro
I blogged about this a few months back and thought I should also share it here at m9
--
Anyway as the title states this is about today themes and Orientation Aware Backgrounds. It's really quite simple smile.gif
--
All you need is 2 images [3 if you want to change the Start Menu image as well] of the proper resolution.
--
QVGA:
tdywater_320_240.gif [Landscape Image] = 320 x 240 image
tdywater_240_320.gif [Portrait Image] = 240 x 320 image
stwater [Start Menu Image] = 190 x 290 image
--
VGA:
tdywater_640_480.gif [Landscape Image] = 640 x 480 image
tdywater_480_640.gif [Portrait Image] = 480 x 640 image
stwater [Start Menu Image] = 399 x 586 image

--
What you do is copy the files to \Windows directory and viola! Orientation Aware Backgrounds! [switch orientations for the images to refresh]:D Now you can have a different image for Landscape and Portrait, really neat if you switch between landscape and portrait mode a lot.
--
Notes: The theme's default images will be used once you switch themes. So you would need to copy the files back again to \Windows dir for it to work again, what I do is I have placed Wallpaper sets in ZIP files on my Storage Card so I can change and change as desired. :D
--
Original Post on the Beansterâ„¢ Blog
--
Here is a sample of what it looks like:
bnycastro
I don't think the images I attached really explained the intent of this post [they are too similar]. I am attaching these two images which are far more different so it shows what can really be done with this tip. taken from the original blog entry indicated in the 1st post.
adonisdemon
Nice post thumbsup.gif
bnycastro
thanks adonis smile.gif
long_101176
QUOTE (bnycastro @ Sep 1 2006, 01:32 AM) *
I blogged about this a few months back and thought I should also share it here at m9
--
Anyway as the title states this is about today themes and Orientation Aware Backgrounds. It's really quite simple smile.gif
--
All you need is 2 images [3 if you want to change the Start Menu image as well] of the proper resolution.
--
QVGA:
tdywater_320_240.gif [Landscape Image] = 320 x 240 image
tdywater_240_320.gif [Portrait Image] = 240 x 320 image
stwater [Start Menu Image] = 190 x 290 image
--
VGA:
tdywater_640_480.gif [Landscape Image] = 640 x 480 image
tdywater_480_640.gif [Portrait Image] = 480 x 640 image
stwater [Start Menu Image] = 399 x 586 image

--
What you do is copy the files to \Windows directory and viola! Orientation Aware Backgrounds! [switch orientations for the images to refresh]:D Now you can have a different image for Landscape and Portrait, really neat if you switch between landscape and portrait mode a lot.
--
Notes: The theme's default images will be used once you switch themes. So you would need to copy the files back again to \Windows dir for it to work again, what I do is I have placed Wallpaper sets in ZIP files on my Storage Card so I can change and change as desired. :D
--
Original Post on the Beansterâ„¢ Blog
--
Here is a sample of what it looks like:

thank
Benn900
Hmmm..,
sugato_maity
thanks dud
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.