Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ** How To Install Java Games/apps **
mobile9 Forum > Downloads > Games
Pages: 1, 2, 3
adonisdemon
If you are having trouble installing games on your mobile, check through the following list:
  • First check through these FAQ's on how to install games.
    How Do I Install Games
    How to transfer wallpaper/ringtone/game to any phone
    How to download from the gallery via WAP

• Make sure the game is in a JAR format.
    If not rename the .zip file to .jar, (do not extract, or rename the class files inside, rename the actual zip file) and then send to your mobile to install. (Check the appropriate FAQs for more info and guides on how to RENAME and INSTALL games.)

• Make sure the Game is compatible with your handset.
    All JAVA games in the Mobile9 Gallery are generic.

**If you get any sort of error, it's possible the Game isn't compatible/or is not designed for your model. You will need to obtain a specific version for your model.

• Check to see if you have the latest/correct firmware, some games may not work on older firmware versions.
    If this is the case, then upgrade your firmware to the latest version and try again. (Check the appropriate threads in the Manufacturer Forums for more info.)

• It may be due to your provider's branding of your phone model that the games may not be compatible.
    If this is true, then either de-brand your handset or get a version which is compatible with your handset and firmware.

• If you have resolution problems try this thread > HERE <
adonisdemon
Opening this topic for posting problems in installing games. Read through the above before posting a query, make sure to understand what has been posted.
fiza7178
Read it but still don't understand. Coz i had try sent all the zip file to my phone but seem nothing work 1.gif
adonisdemon
sent all the zip file to my phone
]
just rename to jar and send
luiwinglam
Wat should i do if the file will not open in my phone even after i renamed it as jar???
adonisdemon
Describe the process...
EvolutionMR
u didnt RENAME it the correct way.
go check the link in the first post RENAME
jeymon
I did rename teh zip file to .jar and transferred it to my phone w900 with the USB cable ut this doesn´t work, why? what else is needed to solve this??
coolguy6415
Jey - give me the link ... i m also using the P990i... lemme check...

i ll tell u the process how to do it...
giggsy_lel
hi guyss...i'm having the sme probl here...i have rename the rar file to .jar but a bit confused here..do i hav to extract all the rar files first ??or just drag the rar file to my phne??

2. my process is like this..

rename the rar file>drg this file to my mmry card system folder>and that's it,i didnt see any of the files from my mmry stick..how to isntall the gmes? i'm using w810i..any advce?? notworthy.gif
adonisdemon
rename it correctly.
giggsy_lel
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Aug 20 2007, 04:20 AM)
rename it correctly.
[right][snapback]391219[/snapback][/right]

yess i did rname it as .jar at the end..which location should i drg this file to??can it be just drgged into mmry stck system mmry??then where to search the file that i put in my phne? thnkss... weightlift.gif
adonisdemon
If you named it correctly, put it in the others folder, and then install it by browsing to it on the phone.
or just send it via BT or IRDA/WAP to install.
giggsy_lel
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Aug 20 2007, 05:14 AM)
If you named it correctly, put it in the others folder, and then install it by browsing to it on the phone.
[right][snapback]391272[/snapback][/right]

i did trnsfer it the other folder,but nutting appear on the folder when i brwse the phne...i only hve this cable..do i hav to extract the game 1st then drag..or just drag that rar file? surrender.gif
giggsy_lel
QUOTE(giggsy_lel @ Aug 20 2007, 05:24 AM)

i did trnsfer it the other folder,but nutting appear on the folder when i brwse the phne...i only hve this cable..do i hav to extract the game 1st then drag..or just drag that rar file? surrender.gif
[right][snapback]391279[/snapback][/right]

OK2...thankkss alot bro...now i can install the game...i tried to put the game into "other"folder in phne memry...without xtracting the rar file..n we dont have to rename the folder .jar coz it already zipped as .jar formt...now it's installd n ready to play....tenkiuuuuu.. clap.gif 10.gif
boxieblue
huh? wait a min.....extract the .rar file? zipped as .jar ??? and ts ready to play? wow! i'm not acquainted with such new software!
santolman
samsung pc studio doesnt open it -.-
djfreecko
@ all.....

Hey guyzZ also it wud work aftr installin d java application in PC! one can dwnload it free frm www.java.com/eng coz i had d same prob bfr 5-6 months when i had joined M9 n it got solved by dis only!!! 10.gif 10.gif clap.gif clap.gif also if need some more help jus temme!!! byebye.gif tc n njoy!
santolman
How can i let it work ohmy.gif it still doesnt
byper
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Jul 26 2007, 01:02 AM)
sent all the zip file to my phone
]
just rename to jar and send
[right][snapback]379069[/snapback][/right]

wallbash.gif i dont know how to do it...
ian_james01
ive tried doing all the stuff mentioned above on my partners w850i phone but everytime i check the files it just says send!! its really begining to annoy me, any ideas?
adonisdemon
If you follow the points to a tee on the first page it will work fine.

Understand and follow the guidelines, most of the time you are missing a step.
shany
QUOTE(giggsy_lel @ Aug 20 2007, 01:34 PM)

OK2...thankkss alot bro...now i can install the game...i tried to put the game into "other"folder in phne memry...without xtracting the rar file..n we dont have to rename the folder .jar coz it already zipped as .jar formt...now it's installd n ready to play....tenkiuuuuu.. clap.gif 10.gif
[right][snapback]391284[/snapback][/right]

Thanks! 10.gif
ikamybaby
can i know how to install java game for phone o2 xda atom??...
anybody can teach me???
HiP_hOp_uPlOadEr

yo this thing don"t work if ur using a bluetooth usb connection huh?
army-d_6279
please help me...
my english is not the best because i'm ffrom germany...
i have a Samsung SGH D-600 and i downloaded 2 games:
ultimate street football.jar and
Spider-man 3.jar
now in the topic "how do i install games" stands, that i just have to tranfer it via cable to my phone...NOT into the "other files" map.
but when i just will transfer them to "SGH D-600" it won't let me!!!
Please help!!!
Here is an image:
user posted image
adonisdemon
Samsung's are different, try the samsung forum.
issacliu1314
can solve my prob as fast as possible? =(
i installed JADMaker...
then i drag the .jar file into it...
then wat is come out was .jadfile with 1 kb..
after this wat i gonna do?
i try to extract those files but it was an error.
plz help me
avnish_007
halo,
i hav a lgu8120 and hav downloaded .jar files from mobile9

however,in my phone's software,there is no option to install these appliications.i hav downloaded software for lgu8120 itself!!

wat i do???

plz reply on archfiend_007<email snipped>.com

i wud b VVEERRYY grateful
misspinkvodka
QUOTE(giggsy_lel @ Aug 20 2007, 05:34 AM)

[right][snapback]391284[/snapback][/right]

CANT SEEM TO DOWNLOAD GAMES FROM DA GALLEY, IT KEEPS SAYING THAT DA FILE OR GAME HAS ERROR FOR DOWNLOADS ... MY PHONE IS se Z610I
smuzi
I have an LG KG 300 mobile. i downloaded a few games (from my phone's category), and transfered them through USB.
when i go to the folder i put them in, my phone can't read the .jar files. I have no idea why and i dont have the 'install' option that i saw some phones might have.

How do i make the game work?
vinnieza
QUOTE(smuzi @ Jan 14 2008, 06:47 PM)
I have an LG KG 300 mobile. i downloaded a few games (from my phone's category), and transfered them through USB.
when i go to the folder i put them in, my phone can't read the .jar files. I have no idea why and i dont have the 'install' option that i saw some phones might have.

How do i make the game work?
[right][snapback]463861[/snapback][/right]

http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?...=0&#entry463845

smile.gif
smuzi
the file is .jar and not .zip ( i read the forum and saw this was a common problem =\).

and when i said that the 'install' option doesn't come, its just because i saw a guy saying that that was how he installed. none of the games i've tried worked.

I also tried jad files but my phone doesnt read them as well.

also, when i connect the USB to my phone, i got 2 options:

1.COM port
2.Mass storage

when i chose COM port , my computer does a sound as if something got connected but nothing comes up ( and no driver either)

so i chose Mass storage, and there i got a Drive that comes up and i put the jar/jar files in it

edit: I tried the JADMAKER and it doesnt work .

thanks for your help smile.gif

but im still not done sad.gif

vinnieza
I'll use the thread above to reply thumbsup.gif
mameimo
What about samsung E590
adonisdemon
Check the pinned topics in Samsung Forum.
huronick1
i have a motorola moto q and have eventually figured out how 2 download the zip file 2 my computer. what should i do next and do i need any other programs 2 assist me?
cowsinthongs
Hey all, first post here and I looked at a lot of pinned topics and searched the forums but couldn't find anything about my problem.

I understand about credits now but when I try to download a game, they are always downloaded as content_delivery.php. I know how to instlal games from a .jar file but what is php? I tried googling but just got too confused in the end. If anyone could help me out, thanks!

Oh yeah, no pm's allowed in this forum or do I need to make a certain amount of posts/days old?
castleboyz
QUOTE(cowsinthongs @ Mar 2 2008, 11:06 AM)
Hey all, first post here and I looked at a lot of pinned topics and searched the forums but couldn't find anything about my problem.

I understand about credits now but when I try to download a game, they are always downloaded as content_delivery.php. I know how to instlal games from a .jar file but what is php? I tried googling but just got too confused in the end. If anyone could help me out, thanks!

Oh yeah, no pm's allowed in this forum or do I need to make a certain amount of posts/days old?
[right][snapback]478496[/snapback][/right]

I think you are downloading using a download manager. If so please disable and download.

If you are not using download managers and the links are not working :
please trythis-
Right click "download to PC" and choose save target as and download the jar file.

OR

else you can choose "copy shortcut" in Right click selection and then paste the link to the URL box. This is an alternative way of downloading the file to your PC.

I hope this must have help you smile.gif

for your 2nd question-
Yes, PM is not available for new members. You must have atleast 200 posts to have PM function.
cowsinthongs
QUOTE(castleboyz @ Mar 2 2008, 01:35 AM)
QUOTE(cowsinthongs @ Mar 2 2008, 11:06 AM)

[right][snapback]478496[/snapback][/right]

I think you are downloading using a download manager. If so please disable and download.

If you are not using download managers and the links are not working :
please trythis-
Right click "download to PC" and choose save target as and download the jar file.

OR

else you can choose "copy shortcut" in Right click selection and then paste the link to the URL box. This is an alternative way of downloading the file to your PC.

I hope this must have help you smile.gif

for your 2nd question-
Yes, PM is not available for new members. You must have atleast 200 posts to have PM function.
[right][snapback]478518[/snapback][/right]

You're right, my dl manager was doing the php thing. Thanks a crapload! I can't believe I have SF II on my phone...this place is awesome! I'll be clicking ads I'm
interested" in now. Thanks!
fly1329
I would like to dounload some games, but every time i clicked on a game, a popup appeard (as usual, to dounload it from the specific location), but then the url was not found. I have dounloaded more games to the PC previously, without any problems, but now it doesnt work. My question is: howcome the site doesnt work properly?
Installing on the phone is no problem, dounloading to PC is not possible.

I have no dounload manager, I have tried to Right click "download to PC" and choose save target as and download the jar file.

Also tried:
"copy shortcut" in Right click selection and then paste the link to the URL box.

All the possibilities above had the same result: URL not found.

Brand phone: Nokia 6500 Classic, with interface nokia suite.

Thanks for any help.

vinnieza
Thanks we are looking into the issue now.

Edit: Fixed
fly1329
QUOTE(vinnieza @ Apr 12 2008, 06:43 AM)
Thanks we are looking into the issue now.

Edit: Fixed
[right][snapback]488655[/snapback][/right]

Yes, tested and it works properly.
Thanx very much for the efford.
brilen13
so i downloaded the hitman game for my blackberry pearl 8110. the file is jar and everything. then i do just like the instructions say and i put it directly into the root folder on my phone. when i go into my phone i have no idea where it is. can someone please help?
AlexChou
How to install Java game for O2 Cocoon? I downloaded game on mobile9, but I can't run it. Please, help me!
kenoby844
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Aug 22 2006, 04:01 AM)
If you are having trouble installing games on your mobile, check through the following list:

• First check through these FAQ's on how to install games.
    How Do I Install Games
    How to transfer wallpaper/ringtone/game to any phone
    How to download from the gallery via WAP

• Make sure the game is in a JAR format.
    If not rename the .zip file to .jar, (do not extract, or rename the class files inside, rename the actual zip file) and then send to your mobile to install. (Check the appropriate FAQs for more info and guides on how to RENAME and INSTALL games.)

• Make sure the Game is compatible with your handset.
    All JAVA games in the Mobile9 Gallery are generic.

**If you get any sort of error, it's possible the Game isn't compatible/or is not designed for your model. You will need to obtain a specific version for your model.

• Check to see if you have the latest/correct firmware, some games may not work on older firmware versions.
    If this is the case, then upgrade your firmware to the latest version and try again. (Check the appropriate threads in the Manufacturer Forums for more info.)

• It may be due to your provider's branding of your phone model that the games may not be compatible.
    If this is true, then either de-brand your handset or get a version which is compatible with your handset and firmware.

• If you have resolution problems try this thread > HERE <

[right][snapback]228987[/snapback][/right]

Keira_London
Thanks for this info.

From my experience, the most important thing is: making sure that the jar/jad files are compatible with host phone. Not every jar/jad are compatible with our host phone.

Keira,
http://www.photoplet.com/index.html#Keira
cockadoodledoo
HOW DO I RESOLVE OUT OF MEMORY JAVA ERROR?
Keira_London
QUOTE(cockadoodledoo @ Oct 9 2008, 01:05 AM)
HOW DO I RESOLVE OUT OF MEMORY JAVA ERROR?
[right][snapback]522940[/snapback][/right]

I understand that each type phones has specific memory limitation especially in mobile java. example: we can not install a 200 kb java program on phone with max 128 kb java memory.
Second, It could be there is a bug in the program that you tried to run.
I am afraid that users can not do anything about it...

Keira,
http://www.photoplet.com/index.html#Keira
gogeorgi
Ok I know how to do this however what about .sis files?? I cannot find anything in regards to these?

I download them but PC suite says not regcognised.

I have an N95 8gb
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.