Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3g On Telstra Mobile
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Service Providers
stupid_reality
I recently found out that telstra offers 2g. And they take full credit for it. However all telstra 3g mobiles use 3 mobles coverage!!!! (Or so I am told!)

How the HECK does that work?
Typical telstra though, Why spend money making towers when they can use somebody elses?

In related 3g news, IT DOSNT WORK!!
Telstra are replacing CDMA with this new 3g because it will be "Better covergae to who live in rural areas" I dont care what they save but it is for wannabe yuppys who have to be able to check there e-mail on the go. (No offence)

Does anybody here live in australia and have 3g??
Is this the story around the world??
jules781
yer im in australia and i am with Three (3)
jacktech
us austrlians get rip off by telstra no matter who you with becuase telstra owns like 99.9 percent of the infrastructer even if anothe provider has a tower it still connects throth telstra's infrastructer we pay a lot here over sea's mobile stuff a lot cheaper and its not becuase they have more peaple we still have a very simlar peaple to land ratio compare with other 1 st world contries
arbri135
yeah
Alamin007
ya
Alamin007
ya
Alamin007
ya
Alamin007
sorry, network problem... rifle.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif wallbash.gif
kochaji
Halted the move
eliasjan
QUOTE (stupid_reality @ Aug 18 2006, 08:44 AM) *
I recently found out that telstra offers 2g. And they take full credit for it. However all telstra 3g mobiles use 3 mobles coverage!!!! (Or so I am told!)

How the HECK does that work?
Typical telstra though, Why spend money making towers when they can use somebody elses?

In related 3g news, IT DOSNT WORK!!
Telstra are replacing CDMA with this new 3g because it will be "Better covergae to who live in rural areas" I dont care what they save but it is for wannabe yuppys who have to be able to check there e-mail on the go. (No offence)

Does anybody here live in australia and have 3g??
Is this the story around the world??

Ok But I Cant Understand You
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.