Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vswindtalker's Experience
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Showcase: Sony Ericsson Themes
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
vswindtalker
My first theme in M9.

user posted image
Patrick_Lippe
Finally!

I am sure that you will be a hit, btw save the preview image as png. Would look better.

vswindtalker
Thanx Pat. I will save the files as png after this.
vswindtalker
user posted image

user posted image
ArthurWill
wow.gif Welcome! You make very good themes. smile.gif
jasnasto
Nice to see you themes in the forum, too smile.gif
vswindtalker
user posted image

user posted image
vswindtalker
QUOTE(ArthurWill @ Jun 28 2006, 01:58 PM)
wow.gif Welcome! You make very good themes. smile.gif
[right][snapback]214037[/snapback][/right]

Thanx. unsure.gif tongue.gif
Patrick_Lippe
you can show us some old ones too!
phirets33k
Welcome! You make very good themes.

i have to agree to that, great job. thumbsup.gif
kjherstin
WOW! More themes! Don't be shy.
vswindtalker
QUOTE(Patrick_Lippe @ Jun 28 2006, 02:52 PM)
you can show us some old ones too!
[right][snapback]214053[/snapback][/right]

I already started with my first 3 themes in M9. Here is a theme for K700 which belongs to my early days of SE theming (which is not published in M9)

user posted image

byebye.gif
vswindtalker
@ jasnasto, kjherstin, phirets33k

Thanx a lot. I am waiting more detailed comments from you.(especially from you jas, I am trying to be very careful about the background colors. I didn't ignore what you said)
BadBoyThemer
QUOTE(vswindtalker @ Jun 28 2006, 10:24 PM)
@ jasnasto, kjherstin, phirets33k

Thanx a lot. I am waiting more detailed comments from you.
[right][snapback]214088[/snapback][/right]

Ok well heres my two cents on your designing .. firstly hello and welcome to mobile9 clap.gif

Ok now to comments ... these are not to bad , good ideas and experimental creativity.

But heres some things to bare in mind when your themeing.

1 - Use Png for both areas , and imgs / renders.

2 - try to allmake it so the areas eg : status , softkeys , highlights etc ... are what we call pixel perfect .. this means the area you design must perfectly fit in the text etc .... and not overlap , as overlapping ruins the overall effect of the theme and it's design.
i can see this overlappign on virtually all your themes , which ruins them , so remeber make and measure the areas / softs /highlights / to be perfect in size for the function they are made for.

3 - another thing is when creating a theme , the whoel idea is to immerse the user in the themes style and design ... via imgs , and functionality etc ...

but i can see in your themes the img is quite often over looked , and you seem to concentrate more on the areas themselves.

Eg : in your kangeroo jack theme , you only have one img which has anything to do with kangeroo jack , and the rest is blank , and techy ...

To have made this better , you should have used several imgs of kangeroo jack the movie in your area screens ..eg / navigation / pop ups / inputs / .... however in doing this the imgs still need to be totally easy tosee the text through .

So the trick is to either manipulate the img itself , via an editing application like / photoshop / paintshop pro ..etc ...

in this i eman to reduce the transpearancy of the image , this will allow the text to be easily seen over the top.

Whether this will work or not is dependant upon the image or images in question / light /bright /colourful / dark ..etc. ...

however in most cases simply applying a suitable text colour in the theme creator should fix this .

Anyways there ya go .... hope this helped , and is taken positivly by you as i eman this simply to help you in your themeing development , and not as rudeness.

Sincearly Badboythemer 2006.

byebye.gif
rikard_sweden
Nice themes here clapping.gif
adonisdemon
great animation for the dancers wow.gif

i think the highlights and other parts are from elton's "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" theme?

user posted image
vswindtalker
@ BBT

Thank you for your recomendations. I will remember all. Always you are welcome with your critics and comments about my themes. byebye.gif
vswindtalker
user posted image

user posted image

user posted image Highlight

user posted image Highlight Small
vswindtalker
[quote=adonisdemon,Jun 28 2006, 09:46 PM]
great animation for the dancers wow.gif

i think the highlights and other parts are from elton's "hitchhikers guide to the galaxy" theme?

Yes Adonis. I like his style a lot. He's one of my favorites.
vswindtalker
user posted image

user posted image

Patrick
@vswindtalker: what program did you use to make the box animation?
vswindtalker
QUOTE(expert_21 @ Jun 29 2006, 04:47 PM)
@vswindtalker: what program did you use to make the box animation?
[right][snapback]214325[/snapback][/right]

Ulead and imageready. Why?
Patrick
Ulead and imageready. Why?

@vswindtalker: the animation is nice tongue.gif
WCoC
[FONT=Impact][COLOR=purple][SIZE=7][B] Great Themes PAL !!! grouphug.gif
Sedma
pretty cool themes thumbsup.gif Even I don't like when someone uses other's imgs/titles/highlights/softkeys... I think it's not o.k sad.gif
vswindtalker
This one is my new Viper theme. I love this car. (Hopefully will own one someday)
Before posting I am waiting your comments. byebye.gif grouphug.gif

user posted image
vswindtalker
QUOTE(Sedma @ Jun 30 2006, 03:36 PM)
pretty cool themes thumbsup.gif Even I don't like when someone uses other's imgs/titles/highlights/softkeys... I think it's not o.k sad.gif
[right][snapback]214520[/snapback][/right]

Yep, it's not my style too, and that's the only one. The truth they are still the best highlights for me. But anyway I agree that it's not nice. wallbash.gif
phirets33k
nice looking viper theme, however the viper logo in the standby will be better to remove it. thumbsup.gif
jasnasto
Viper theme looks very good... just stick to your own ideas and imagination, and I'm SURE you will do just fine... even more than that... smile.gif

WCoC
How did you do the background of the theme "Cube" it looks really cool ! wink.gif 10.gif
Oopsession
vswindtalker great themes clap.gif clap.gif grouphug.gif byebye.gif
vswindtalker
QUOTE(Oopsession @ Jul 1 2006, 02:01 PM)
vswindtalker great themes  clap.gif  clap.gif  grouphug.gif  byebye.gif
[right][snapback]214696[/snapback][/right]

Thanx a lot Oopsession. I'm so very busy in fact, most of the themes that I post are the old, half made but started ones. At my first chance I want to visit your thread also. Thanks again for the visit. byebye.gif grouphug.gif
vswindtalker
@WCoC

Thanks a lot my friend. You can also find a screensaver for Cube theme in screensaver downloads. byebye.gif
storm016
wow.gif ..... the best animation I've ever seen ..... well done thumbsup.gif
Stajlerboy
Please up load the viper theme it looks great.. 10.gif 10.gif
vswindtalker
Here is the Viper theme. Thank you Phirets, according your recomendation when I took out the logo from the standby screen, the rest seemed wierd so I put different pictures on all the screens and it seems better now. grouphug.gif

user posted image
vswindtalker
My new theme.

user posted image
jasnasto
New Viper looks good, clean and functional, so does the Greenland... clap.gif
Oopsession
I agree with Jas your themes are clean and functional clap.gif clap.gif really great byebye.gif
vswindtalker
@jas, oops

I'm glad that you like the themes. Your comments are valuable for me. Thanks alot both. grouphug.gif byebye.gif
Patrick_Lippe
I love your work, simply because i think you have the same style as edthegooseman, elton, bbt and me!

Great job!
vswindtalker
QUOTE(Patrick_Lippe @ Jul 3 2006, 04:54 PM)
I love your work, simply because i think you have the same style as edthegooseman, elton, bbt and me!

Great job!
[right][snapback]215325[/snapback][/right]

I agree with that, you are right, but you all are ahead. But I learn fast ha ha notworthy.gif clapping.gif
ArthurWill
Greenland is thumbsup.gif

I like your elements (softkey, statusbar, etc.). wub.gif
vswindtalker
Thanx Arthurwill byebye.gif
Sedma
I don't like cars in themes but Viper is so elegant theme, beside it's very clear and readable. Pat has right, you has style like he mentioned, and you really learn fast. notworthy.gif grouphug.gif I'm sure that there will be many marvelous themes. thumbsup.gif
WCoC
Nice themes. notworthy.gif
vswindtalker
My new theme;

user posted image
Patrick_Lippe
Great one!
jasnasto
Very nice clap.gif
Oopsession
Looks really nice clap.gif clap.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.