Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [k800i] Palermo
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Theme Requests > Completed Requests
Trapani
Hello guys,

I'm a huge fan of Palermo (an italian football club), and I want a Palermo theme for my new SE K800i very badly.

So I was wondering if someone could design me a Palermo theme. Something like this would be great!:

user posted image

Does someone have time to make it? Please let me know smile.gif Thanks !

Regards,
Luca
vinnieza
I'll have a go thumbsup.gif

unsure.gif
adonisdemon
blink.gif chair.gif
vinnieza
Here we go:

http://img418.imageshack.us/img418/2135/palermoid0.jpg

Uploading to the gallery in a mo thumbsup.gif

Sorry it's not that good, haven't themed for months now sad.gif

@adonis ?, if you started on one feel free to finish it, then the requester will have two :D

Edit: Can download it here, alternatively it'll be in the mobile9 gallery once validated smile.gif
adonisdemon
looks good, just shocked on vinnie theming tongue.gif
vinnieza
Ah lol

I just thought...the highlight colours etc look like AC colours don't they oops.gif. The badge is the main thing whistle.gif

wink.gif
Trapani
Yeahhh clap.gif I'm really glad that someone is making me a Palermo theme!

Looks great so far guys! Some things that make the theme more clarifying:

* Maybe you can use black or white instead of purple in the menu.
* The backround of the standby picture (the two black and pink pieces) are a bit too intense, so maybe you can make them softer.

Don't take this as a negative comment, I just want to help you smile.gif

Edit:I want to become a thememaker myself, I am already good in Photoshop, but do you guys have a tutorial or something that learns me how to make a k800 theme? Thanks smile.gif!
vinnieza
Ok, i'll see what i can do smile.gif. At the moment though i have a lot things to do sad.gif. See if i can clean up some time this week smile.gif.

Edit:I want to become a thememaker myself, I am already good in Photoshop, but do you guys have a tutorial or something that learns me how to make a k800 theme? Thanks

Feel free to edit it yourself, even browse through it in the theme creator to see what images go where (to start your themeing career) smile.gif

You can download the theme creator here: http://developer.sonyericsson.com/site/glo...ate=ps3&zone=ps

And the tutorials are in the pinned section here:
http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?showforum=34
If you can find a K750 theme tutorial brilliant as they have similar themes smile.gif.

I am already good in Photoshop

I'm the opposite sad.gif, i know how to use the theme creator but i'm rubbish with photoshop sad.gif

* The backround of the standby picture (the two black and pink pieces) are a bit too intense, so maybe you can make them softer.

Is the pink ok on the menus (which have been darkened)? Or is it more the saturation rather than brightness? (chose it as it's the colour on their symbol smile.gif)

* Maybe you can use black or white instead of purple in the menu.

When you say use black and white in the menu do you mean for the highlights and titles?

Don't take this as a negative comment, I just want to help you

Not at all, i need to improve wink.gif. As i said i'm not good with PS or design sad.gif
unamariposa
I think you theme look awesome Vinnie. smile.gif
Trapani
Is the pink ok on the menus (which have been darkened)? Or is it more the saturation rather than brightness? (chose it as it's the colour on their symbol smile.gif)

I think it's better if you make the menu colors black, with pink or white highlights (pink like something in the logo)

When you say use black and white in the menu do you mean for the highlights and titles?

So the bottom of the standbymenu you make black (with my pichture (scroll down) or pink (lighter than it is now). And the menu you make like transparant black with white text and transparant pink highlight.

And maybe, I say maybe, it's better OR to make the black and pink pieces on the background very soften (like you almost can't see them) OR delete them and use something like this: (I made it myself)

user posted image

Is it still clear for you? Cause I can imagine I am a bit vague/unclear to you.

Thanks notworthy.gif
Trapani
If you can find a K750 theme tutorial brilliant as they have similar themes smile.gif.

K750 has 176x220 pixel display, but the K800 has a 240x320 pixel display. They aren't similar I suppose ?
adonisdemon
apart from the dimensions being different, the general procedure is the same.

the theme creator shows the dimensions for each part anyway, unlike the nokia theme creator.
vinnieza
Sorry, didn't make my self clear, what i meant is what adonis said in my post above. The K750 is an older phone and you have more chance of finding a tutorial for it. But a lot of the pics are similar e.g. the K750 has an activity menu, tabs etc, so does the W800 whereas the K700 for example does not have this menu.

Would be better to say, if you can find a K750 tutorial, it'll be better than the K700 one's posted in that link i gave you. (if you can find a W800 one even better).

Ah so on the menu (pic 3) have a dark menu background and have white/pink highlights with a dark text on it. Then on pic 1 dark softkeys. And then on the popup menu (pic 6), have a transparent dark background with white text and a pink highlight?

I like that wall you made thumbsup.gif

(pics are numbered:

1 2 3
4 5 6
)

@PB, Thanks, glad you like it smile.gif

Edit: something more like this:

http://img56.imageshack.us/img56/4554/untitled4kk7.jpg

[something i made quickly so you get the idea]

(the transparent popup though, eseth has just pointed out that it'll conflict with background text, unless you use a jpg but the popup moves all over the place on the K700 not sure if that's the case with the W800 so it'll be misaligned)

?
Trapani
Yes, that looks much better smile.gif!

Only 1 comment left:
* The menu colors (Purple) It doesn't match the "Palermo" image (in my opinion). Maybe you can give it another color.

In the meanwhile i've been creating a Palermo theme myself a bit (so far it doesn't compete yours), but I have a problem.

While testing my theme, the navigation text color (Time&Date etc.) is black. While I set it to be white in my SE Themes creator. How can I solve this problem?

user posted image

Thanks smile.gif
vinnieza
Ah cool, i'll start work on that one

"so far it doesn't compete yours"

'course it does thumbsup.gif, looking good to me especially for a first smile.gif.

With my theme is the colour of the title gold? On yours is the background text colour set to black? Not sure tbh, just wondering if it's a bug in the themecreator
Trapani
QUOTE(vinnieza @ Jul 25 2006, 10:05 PM)
Ah cool, i'll start work on that one

"so far it doesn't compete yours"

'course it does thumbsup.gif, looking good to me especially for a first smile.gif.

With my theme is the colour of the title gold? On yours is the background text colour set to black? Not sure tbh, just wondering if it's a bug in the themecreator
[right][snapback]220754[/snapback][/right]

Thanks !

Yours is set to gold. My background is set to black and my title text is set to white. In preview mode it shows white text, but at my phone it is black. You think it's a bug? No other options to solve?

Edit: I just solved it by using light grey instead of white. It has to be a bug I think..
elton
Ive also had text color problems showing wrong in the theme creator, since i started doing k800. I was not using the newest one at first, now i am, and its still the same. They did fix the k800 preview bug tho.
Trapani
What do you think of this theme preview? I made it myself.

user posted image

smile.gif
storm016
it looks great ... some great color combinations clap.gif
vinnieza
I agree very cool thumbsup.gif. You should open up your own theme thread in the SE theme forum to preview upcoming themes to smile.gif

Did you still want me to make the new theme with the new wall? (might be a while am so busy with work sad.gif)
Trapani
QUOTE(vinnieza @ Jul 26 2006, 08:41 PM)
Did you still want me to make the new theme with the new wall? (might be a while am so busy with work sad.gif)
[right][snapback]221076[/snapback][/right]

If you're too busy, never mind . Thanks for the theme you made already clap.gif ! I think I can make one myself now :D. How long does it take for you to complete a total new theme? I've been theming for about 4-5 hours for just 1 theme.
vinnieza
Well i haven't themed for months (maybe even a year now). With the old basic T610 themes not long at all, then K700 themes took a bit longer (but this decreased after making a few). But that K800 theme took me a few hours (at least 4 i think) smile.gif
adonisdemon
4 hours? ohmy.gif

what were you doing, i did mine in 1.5 hrs, and i haven't themed for ages either tongue.gif
Trapani
I have finished my first Palermo theme. Is there a possibility to upload it on the mobile9.com website? Or do you have to be a certified themer to do that?

Edit: I've already found it. I think he's available for download within a couple of hours !

Another question: What are CP's and what can I do with it? For downloading my Palermo theme I filled in it costs 1 CP.
vinnieza
CP are contribution points. More info here:

http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=14891

Can't really do anything with them except show them off wink.gif

@adonis, My pc isn't fast enough to run image creating proggies anymore tongue.gif.
adonisdemon
@adonis, My pc isn't fast enough to run image creating proggies anymore

excuses bash.gif

*is this thread complete now? blink.gif
Trapani
QUOTE(adonisdemon @ Jul 29 2006, 01:53 PM)
@adonis, My pc isn't fast enough to run image creating proggies anymore

excuses bash.gif

*is this thread complete now? blink.gif
[right][snapback]221841[/snapback][/right]

Yes it is adonis! smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.