Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mosquito Ringtone, Can You Hear It?
mobile9 Forum > Beyond Mobile > Jokes & Games
Patrick
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/33135/

At issue is a text-message ringtone that emits the same pitch as the Mosquito. Using it, students can learn about a new message while they're in class -- where they're not supposed to be using their cellphones. Most of their teachers can't hear the alert.

Inventor Howard Stapleton, creator of the Mosquito teen repellent, says only a few people over age 30 can hear the Mosquito's sound. He and his 16-year-old daughter Isabel talk to Melissa Block about the sound, which has been dubbed "Teen Buzz."

Let us know your age, and see if you can hear it devil2.gif
vinnieza
Yup i can smile.gif. Noticed that in a news article about doing it so teachers can't hear it, but it didn't work tongue.gif
Patrick
I tried on my mum, she couldn't hear a thing smile.gif
vinnieza
My mum can hear it but my dad can't blink.gif
adonisdemon
i can't hear it? blink.gif
MobileDutchie
Whooo my mum and dad can't hear it!

Now when school starts I will try it in class gathering.gif
DigTehRomance
I can hear it loud and clear.
I know my father wont be able to hear it because hes almost deaf, but I think my mother might be able too.
Bishop_Bacon
Ouch, I can hear it. My day is saved ;-)
Are mosquitoes really that high-pitched?
asr5405
i can hear it loud and clear, and i'm 35 yrs old.
shoutout
wow thats is high-pitched age 29
Pistos
it really works, my two sons (15, 13) can hear it and it really annoying.... what I cannot understand my wife can hear while I cannot sad.gif .......but dry.gif in other way it will not disturb me if I will play all day long... hehehe haha.gif
adonisdemon
I can hear it on my K750 but not on my pc blink.gif

It's a terrible noise, i get that from my TV set all the time haha.gif
jefdizon
Quite annoying, but there's no point in it, it's not a mosquito sound as some have claimed. (I should know, my backyard's a swamp and i hear them every night)

I don't know if this means anything but the wavelength is digital, since there are sharp peaks and pits, and not analog
(which means it's artificial and not a natural occurring sound)

The Full Sound Clip

user posted image

Magnified to 100%

user posted image
QUOTE(ArthurWill)
It has over 25000 downloads, which i have no idea why. byebye.gif

Like all of you, curiosity got the better of me, which explains the number of downloads this thing got. wallbash.gif
EchoZulu
I can hear it loud and clear at 26. Reminds me of the hearing tests I had to take every year at school as a kid.

After 5 years of producing music and 1 working in a studio a while back, I'm surprised I can hear anything at all! smile.gif
ArthurWill
it's not a mosquito sound as some have claimed. (I should know, my backyard's a swamp and i hear them every night)

I don't think the tone is mend to be a recording of mosquito sound. Probably the author just made a wave frequency that matches those given out by mosquitoes? blink.gif

@EchoZulu

Thats good. I wouldn't have guess that that you are 26, given the level of knowledge you demonstrated. smile.gif
EchoZulu
QUOTE(ArthurWill @ Oct 14 2006, 10:46 AM)
@EchoZulu

Thats good. I wouldn't have guess that that you are 26, given the level of knowledge you demonstrated. smile.gif
[right][snapback]244279[/snapback][/right]

What would you have guessed? 12... 13 maybe?

wink.gif ty! laugh.gif
Pistos
Does age really matter?.... laugh.gif I should worry more about that... haha.gif Go! Go! Go! Grandpa! stretcher.gif Oh-oh, see Grandpa didn't hurt by dancing but a victim of DENGUE by the mosquito-tune... laugh.gif give grandpa a hug grouphug.gif
oink
hava a look at mozzy and click the cat. will let you know from which tone you can't hear.

8-13khz: laugh.gif
14khz: dry.gif
15-17khz: wacko.gif

not for mobile, sorry.
vinnieza
All ok but 17Khz i can only just hear ohmy.gif. Maybe i need to turn my speakers up? tongue.gif.

11KHz is the one that hurts the most though ohmy.gif

No worries, this is in the beyond mobile forum so thumbsup.gif
beano
I can hear 15000Hz but not 16000Hz. I'm 26. I heard the Mozzie tone.

Honestly, why wouldn't you just use vibrate and leave the phone in your pocket at school?
rikard_sweden
QUOTE(oink @ Oct 17 2006, 11:08 AM)
hava a look at mozzy and click the cat. will let you know from which tone you can't hear.

8-13khz: laugh.gif
14khz: dry.gif
15-17khz: wacko.gif

not for mobile, sorry.
[right][snapback]245142[/snapback][/right]

I can hear all of them, what is my prize? wow.gif haha.gif
direparadigm
my mum can hear it. so can i. AND THE SOUND'S STUCK IN MY EAR! lol. surrender.gif
Unknowndevice
ooohh my ears!!!
jaimebautista09
Aw.. My ears!
thewrench
iam gonna try it
RaganorK
hey i am not a mosquito .. so i cant hear it...
sumitneel
laugh.gif haha.gif very low i can use this to mock my mom and dad
murphy222
clap.gif
sksahoozzz
I will found it try thumbsup.gif
sscob1
It's nice laugh.gif
san-sagar
great ringtoe...frequency ringtone clap.gif
HeavensCloud
laugh.gif
ice1989
Good :D
wrecked_life
Yeah I can
Danger_Mind
smile.gif
SkyBird9
sounds good clapping.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.