Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3g Technology
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Service Providers
samsungjosh
im not a cellphone pro but i do spend alot of sparetime learning about it because its my hobby
and i know 3G is used in japan with there docomo carrier and whatnot

im not shure about the europe.. (but they have nice phones*)

but whats the point of having a 3G phone in canada
the GSM carrier's here dont even support video calling or tv on your phone (stupid fido/rogers)
i think CDMA is the only one excelling right now telus's spark and bell whatever they have ect..
but dose anyone know if canada is ever going to go to third gen technology anytime soon?

thanks for the info im always happy to learn more clap.gif
samsungjosh
opps put a topic in the wrong place n i dunno how to move this... thumbdown.gif
adonisdemon
opps put a topic in the wrong place n i dunno how to move this...

haha.gif
but i can... devil2.gif
samsungjosh
so n e guru wanna quickly explain this whole speal to me? happy.gif
adonisdemon
im not shure about the europe..

europe has started on the 3g bandwagon now also, it's been around for a about three years, operators like, vodafonae, orange and t-mobile and not forgetting £, who started the 3G motion in england have tariffs for 3G services.

not sure when Canada will get on the 3G bandwagon, but perhaps they will soon, it is the future...
samsungjosh
im praying canada goes to 3G notworthy.gif
i had a exchange student about a year ago
boy dose DoCoMo make some powerful phones
there just a little on the monsterously big side compaired to todays standards
too bad a unlocked DoCoMo phone is unheard of
sylina
anyway ,i think 3G should be an inevitable trend in telecom development.it is a matter of when to cover a global range. those haven't yet launched 3G may be still on the fence.but several countries such as japan and korea have reached a stage of relative maturity,while countries in the america and europe continents are still a bit lagging behind.on the other business scenario, phone makers have already get geared up to provide a full spectrum of 3G handsets with various functions ,really enticing. To push forward the process of 3G expansion, market demand plays a big role here,since this will directly affect the profit margin of operators.but thanks to many features 3G affords ,customers should soon or later push up the demand volume.so hopefully josh's pray will come true~~~~
jolie
yup~~i think you ,sylina, hit the point~~the scenarios of 3G development around the world is anything but the same.but according many analysts ,the rollout is definite.so what we customers do is get ready for this round of show displayed by mobile producers putting out endless line of new lanches and operators rolling out various services with ever competitive prices~~
Alamin007
hi
Alamin007
hi
kochaji
Good
eliasjan
QUOTE (samsungjosh @ Apr 15 2006, 04:10 AM) *
im not a cellphone pro but i do spend alot of sparetime learning about it because its my hobby
and i know 3G is used in japan with there docomo carrier and whatnot

im not shure about the europe.. (but they have nice phones*)

but whats the point of having a 3G phone in canada
the GSM carrier's here dont even support video calling or tv on your phone (stupid fido/rogers)
i think CDMA is the only one excelling right now telus's spark and bell whatever they have ect..
but dose anyone know if canada is ever going to go to third gen technology anytime soon?

thanks for the info im always happy to learn more clap.gif

Im Sure You Got What You Are looking For
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.