Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Series 60 Theme Studio Guide
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Showcase: Nokia Themes
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Evrae
Before we begin, have you got the correct program to make your theme?

CLICK HERE to get the latest version of Theme Studio.

Step 1

Main image that runs through theme 176x208 BMP

Idle background can be same image if you want to look at it all the time

[COLOR=red]
Evrae
Step 2

Status area 176x44
Evrae
Step 3

Navi Swipe 176x15
Evrae
Step 4

Control area 176x20
Evrae
Context Pane icons

44x44
Evrae
App icons 42x29
Evrae
List Highlight 174x132
Evrae
Grid highlight 58x47
Evrae
General pop up 176x132
Evrae
Sub menu 149x117
Evrae
Window ending 68x20
Evrae
Lower screen 176x24
Evrae
Navi pane volume 60x16 x2
Evrae
Setting list volume 132x16 x2
Evrae
Edited settings volume 132x106 x2
Evrae
Tabs 107x16

2x left/right
3x left/mid/right
4x left/left/right/right
2x full left
3x full left/mid/right
Evrae
Strength 12x29 x2
Evrae
Slider 11x11 x2
Evrae
Clock 51x56
Evrae
Digi clock 17x43
0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 : .
Adding masks doubles amount
Evrae
Pinboard 176x185
Evrae
Calender 176x141
Evrae
Unfocused list 132x106
Evrae
Focused list 132x16
Evrae
Well that should do for now grouphug.gif
verysoon
notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif notworthy.gif
your effort! clapping.gif
that would certainly help lotsa ppl out there!
Evrae
Unable to upload the censored.gif theme as the upload limit has been dropped down to 260, Ive been making sure under 300 robbed.gif
adonisdemon
ev, you can pm ex? blink.gif

notworthy.gif effort put in is incredible, now i just gotta understand all this wacko.gif
vinnieza
lol, same here wacko.gif

thanks for your time and effort ev thumbsup.gif
Evrae
Your welcome, I dont do owt 4 nowt - Get 6600 theming
adonisdemon
yes mrs wizardman laugh.gif
Patrick
topic pinned, nice post thumbsup.gif
Evrae
Maa and Dr might add to this later too, we probably have the 1st 6600 theme tutorial on the net now
Spawn
Fantastic post Evrae - Im amazed notworthy.gif

I really do wish I had more time to help you and mam out in the 6600 theming department - but atm my timeschedule is down to 1-2 free hours max a day (If I skip the dishes) - and that doesnt leave much room for 6600 theming sad.gif

I'll pick up on it as soon as possible smile.gif

Evrae
Ok ooops had my mobile number as profile

Here some correct size screen shots, play with them and make templates
Fauji
Hi,

I'm a new user so please forgive me lol

Am working on my first theme for my 7610...this thread and especially the guide by Evrae has bee an absolute Godsend. Thamkyou to all those who have contributed.

Please could someone help me by supplying the following info:

- The pixel dimensions for the List Columns (they are a sub-branch of Areas within Theme Studio). I tried copying and pasting the default 'slices' (which are automatically generated from the existing Background) however, they are not distinctly seperate from the Background element i.e. they are not slices. I can't find a way of copying them into PhotoShop and then getting their dimensions that way.

- How to actually create, size etc. alternative Volume Setting slices...i cant work it out from the dimensions given; also, what is the design aid for in this instance?

Thanks in advance for any help.
manish_koolest_of_all
which software do u use ??
wengweng2003
let's have a try... hmmm, if i understand your problem correctly...

The pixel dimensions for the List Columns (they are a sub-branch of Areas within Theme Studio). I tried copying and pasting the default 'slices' (which are automatically generated from the existing Background) however, they are not distinctly seperate from the Background element i.e. they are not slices. I can't find a way of copying them into PhotoShop and then getting their dimensions that way.
---> have you tried using the mask?
---> double clicking it usually opens the bmp file on the photoshop by default... or you can also try saving that theme first (after saving one of the component list columns you want to pattern your work on), then go to where you installed the theme studio (by defalt it's: C:\Program Files\Theme Studio\data\skindir\"name of your theme")... once there, open that image file you want to modify... just layer over the old one...

How to actually create, size etc. alternative Volume Setting slices...i cant work it out from the dimensions given; also, what is the design aid for in this instance?
---> use the same procedure as above...
---> rarely use the design aid... just aids you in visualizing certain ranges on the bmp image where a mask sould be placed or where an image would/should appear... waste of time... just layer on the previous/ready made images that came with the program and use them as your design aids... it's faster and easier... just don't resize the canvass or move the image as it may disorient the whole thing

hope i understood and addressed your question in some little way... still have little experience with theming compared to other themers here...

waiting for clarifications... till then... rockon.gif haha.gif rockon.gif haha.gif
Evrae
Ooh and look out for the new version of Theme Studio, much faster at saving and now auto Xp compatible
wengweng2003
ma'm evrae, is this even newer than the 1.14 version?
Fauji
Thanks.

Will try.
Insane
Hi.. I was just wondering.. can you create your own folder icon with theme studio? Thanks.
Evrae
Nope, but saying that Ive not tried. There has to be a standard folder actually in the phone so in theory - If you found it, you could swap it but not using Theme Studio
bnycastro
Good am. I'm new to this forum and new to nokia theme making. Was wondering how you change the default font color for a theme? Which part do I edit. I am using Theme Studio and Photoshop on a WinXP desktop. Thanks in advance
wengweng2003
how you change the default font color for a theme

on the left part of your screen you'll find the general options you usually click on to move from one area of the theme to another... there click on colours... you'll find a few new options for the areas of the fonts and lines you may want to change the colors of... select the area you want to change, then on the right side of your screen you'll find the option for colours (yep, another one... but this one's for selecting the actual color you'd want to use, the first one is for selecting the area you want to color)... select the color you want, click ok, and save... check out the preview option to see how it blends with the whole theme...

note: not all the fonts' colors can be changed... can't do anything about the following... font below the icons in the app screen... hmmm... come to think of it, the ones you can really change are the colors of the texts and symbols that appear on the idle screen, and the texts and symbols that appear on the top and bottom part of the rest of the theme... having said that, there's no option on changing the color of the numbers/indicator of how many SMS you've got stored i your inbox (you'll find this on the upper part of the phone's screen when you're reading an SMS)

hope this clears up a few questions

fell free to post your other concerns...
Andriy
i haven't found that image,can you help me???

please...... sad.gif
wengweng2003
hey andriy... the site administrators moved our little discussion below... let's continue our x-men topic there haha.gif

oh, here's a link:

http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?...t=0&#entry72629

hope to hear from you soon haha.gif rockon.gif grouphug.gif
raymond88
I CANT DOWNLOAD THE THEMES TO MY FONE?? WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE PROBLEM GUYS?? PLS EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE THE ASNWER.. PLS..... <snip> THNKS!! haha.gif

read forum rules.
-do not post in capitals
-do not reveal e-mail
raymond88
I CANT DOWNLOAD THE THEMES TO MY FONE?? WHAT DO YOU THINK IS THE PROBLEM GUYS?? PLS EMAIL ME IF YOU HAVE THE ASNWER.. PLS..... <snip> THNKS!!

read forum rules.
-do not post in capitals
-do not reveal e-mail
SOSKA
thank you man
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.