Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: [se P910i] World Cup 2006 Theme
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Theme Requests > Completed Requests
lottocalcio
With the countdown to the beginning of this year's Football (or Soccer for the US fans) World Cup in Germany, it would be great to have an appropriate theme for P910i.

To make things easier, I am attaching a couple of images:

1. Germany2006_208_190 - .JPG image presized to 208X190 pixels and ready to be used for the lid-closed image; and
2. Germany2006_208_259 - .JPG image which I was only able to presize to 208X259 pixels, as I lack the skills to extendit to 208X320 pixels. Since the background is white, a theme expert could add a white rectangular addition on the bottom to increase the height from 259 to 320 pixels.

The idea is to have an image (the logo) which from closed lid extends to an image in open lid mode. This was the best that I came up with surrender.gif
Anyone with better ideas and skills, please contribute. grouphug.gif

smile.gif Thank you for your assistance! smile.gif
storm016
well ... I'll give it a shot .. but I dont understand the idea of the extending ... I hope I'll do something good.
vinnieza
I'd just like to say thank you for following the guidelines thumbsup.gif. This is an example of a good request smile.gif

@storm, can't wait to see what you come up with smile.gif
baby_oink
i think storm is a little bit busy so come up with this:

user posted image

byebye.gif
storm016
congratulations baby oink .. yours looks great .... 10.gif
here is what I did ... smile.gif
user posted image
and to see all the screens
user posted image
I hope you like what we did .. and stay close to M9.
baby_oink
@storm:
so, that's what takes you so long!! great job!! 10.gif
storm016
actually it was the weekend ..... and good thinking combining all the colors .. I think lottocalcio is in a tight spot ... he can't complain haha.gif

N.B.
I like the baloons in FC very much.
baby_oink
yeah, i think so.. haha.gif btw, do you know how to do an animated theme for p910i? wallbash.gif
storm016
I don't realy know ... but because it is matching the p900 themes .. I assume there only gonna be the FC background which is animated ..... and the animation pic should be sized 208x189 exactly to show the animation in the cellphone ... that is all I know.
adonisdemon
great work both of you clapping.gif
baby_oink
@adonis:
thanks!!!

@storm:
so you mean gif files work on the fc screen?
lottocalcio
Hi, guys grouphug.gif ,

I travel a lot, so I couldn't write for the last few days since I posted my request. Apparently, there was no need to, as in mean time everyone did a fantastic job! clap.gif

Just a few things from me:

@vinnieza: you create the rules, I try to follow them closely...after all, whoever is on the asking side must make things as easy as possible for those who have the ability to fulfill the requests smile.gif

@strorm016: what could I say besides THANK YOU! notworthy.gif
I especially liked the two versions - #1 in green and #2 in blue. Could you please upload both of them in the gallery?
Also, as you could tell, I am no pro, so the idea of extending was the only natural progression that I could come up with given my limited skills and the image I found. Please feel free to do another variation of the theme smile.gif

Speaking of which, this might be a perfect opportunity for you and @baby oink to try an animated image in FC mode. 10.gif

@baby oink: I thought that it was you recently (when I posted my UEFA CL theme request...but I might be wrong) who claimed that animated images are not possible on the P910i. I did some more reading and found out that in FC mode a simple animated GIF image would do the trick.

Why don't you and @storm016 try to focus some of your magic on that idea smile.gif

And THANKS again everyone! You are great! Can't wait to put these babies on my phone smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif
storm016
@baby_oink ... as lotto said it is a GIF would do the trick ... but you have to resize it as mentioned ...

@lottocalcio .... thank you .. and glad that you liked it .. and sorry for being lazy to do an animated FC background I hope you forgive me smile.gif
baby_oink
@lotto:
yeah, it's me who said that. surrender.gif

@storm:
thanks for the info mate!! thumbsup.gif
baby_oink
@lotto:
here's the preview of the animation of the flip closed screen:

user posted image

hope you'll like it!!! thumbsup.gif

@adonis:
how can i edit the file that i've uploaded? just want to change the world cup theme with this animated one..
adonisdemon
@adonis:
how can i edit the file that i've uploaded? just want to change the world cup theme with this animated one..

if you mean in the gallery, expert is working on it, better to upload another one, so you have twoo versions thumbsup.gif
baby_oink
thanks man!! clapping.gif
lottocalcio
blink.gif YEEES! AWESOOOME! wow.gif

@baby oink: Great animated FC image, friend!!! 10.gif Did you update the uploaded theme in the gallery already? When you do, please indicate that it's the animated one smile.gif

@baby oink: On a separate note, I seem to recall that another themer bumped in front of you on my UEFA Champions League request a week ago. Care to apply your creative animations skills back on that theme as well? wink.gif notworthy.gif smile.gif cool.gif
baby_oink
@lotto:
i haven't updated it yet because expert is (maybe) still working in adding an "edit" buton in the gallery. tongue.gif and about the uefa theme, i will try to work on it but, of course, i need to have a permission from daljit to edit that theme.. grouphug.gif or if you want, i can make another uefa theme but you'll have to wait until next week because i have a lot of exams up to March 8. crybaby.gif
lottocalcio
@baby oink: hey, buddy, it's good that you put school first. study hard and get good grades. theme making could wait until then smile.gif

by the way, didn't @adonis suggest that you upload the new image instead of waiting for the edit button? if you've got the time, why don't you do that instead of waiting for the edit button?

As far as the UEFA Champions League theme is concerned, why don't you start from scratch with the images I uploaded and add animations for the FC mode? this way you could have your own original (and animated) theme to be proud of smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

just thought I'd throw a few suggestions, if you don't mind wink.gif
baby_oink
ok, i'll make it.. i'll just pm you if i uploaded the world cup theme and the uefa cl theme.. ok? thumbsup.gif for now, i will focus first on my studies.. weightlift.gif

byebye.gif
storm016
nice animation oink ... way too nice clap.gif
baby_oink
thanks storm!!
daljitae
@lotto - it would be better if you just saved the image on your phone and then used the display function in control panel to change the FC gif image cause i've found that embeeded gif's in utz files tend to give trouble after the theme has been loaded.
lottocalcio
@daljitae: thumbsup.gif Thanks, buddy! That's good to know. thumbsup.gif

One question, though. Wouldn't the FC animated image, saved on the phone conflicts with the one preloaded in the .utz theme file? In other words, if I do what you suggest - activate the theme and then through control panel activate the .gif file for FC mode, will the phone give priority to the .gif image? surrender.gif

Otherwise, your suggestion would make things much simpler anyway. This way, @baby oink is done with this theme and could try to do an animated FC image for the Champions League theme when he finishes his exams smile.gif
baby_oink
@lotto and daljit:
i think the gif will not work if it is not a part of the theme.. i have test that process before and only the first image of the gif file will appear..
daljitae
@baby - the animated gif loaded separately works fine. in fact i'm using your theme on my phone right now and i copiped the gif and loaded it separately. there is no issue. great theme btw smile.gif 10.gif
baby_oink
@daljit: ok, thanks man!!

@lotto: the animated theme is now on the gallery so you you 2 options now..
lottocalcio
I am still waiting for my replacement (new) phone...they gave me some garbage about how they could not guarantee a delivery date.

Anyway, once I get it, I'll test it as well, and will let you know how it behaves on my unit. Hopefully, the theme + separate .gif would work for me also. If it doesn't, I'll let you know, although it seems to me that @baby oink will combine the images into one theme anyway and we could try that too wink.gif

@baby oink: how are the exams going, friend? smile.gif
I thought you said that we should see you after the 8-th. Couldn't stay away from the theme making, could you? smile.gif I look forward to your Champions League animated theme when you find the time for it. clap.gif byebye.gif
lottocalcio
ahhh...no disapointment...@baby oink delivers smile.gif

While I was typing my previous message and was predicting that @baby will upload a combined animated theme, it was being in the process already smile.gif

@baby: fantastic job, buddy! what a great themer! clap.gif
baby_oink
@lotto: thanks buddy!! thumbsup.gif nice to hear that one. wink.gif
vinnieza
For reference: smile.gif

Animated: http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/27732/
Static: http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/27400/

Nice work baby_oink thumbsup.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.