Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How Do I Download And Install Motorola Themes/skin
mobile9 Forum > Site Related > Frequently Asked Questions > Motorola FAQs
Pages: 1, 2
vinnieza
You cannot download ANY Motorola theme or skin using WAP/GPRS.

Motorola skins cannot be installed using bluetooth however the themes can!

The differences:

*A Motorola theme is a .mtf file. a theme is just a wallpaper, screensaver and ringtone.
* skin is .dat & .ski. A skin changes the whole GUI

Installing skins using the PC- you download them the same way as any other file from the gallery, click the download button on the stats. page of the file you wish to download

You then must follow the instructions in this topic to install them*:

http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=12231

NB: Installing skins on your Motorola phone WILL void your warranty! Also, if done improperly it could permanently damage your phone!

If your answer has still not been answered please try using the search, that includes google, and read the pinned topics in the Motorola section of the forum.

If you still can't find the answer, read this thread and if still no luck post your question in this thread or make another.

Thank You thumbsup.gif

*if your phone is on the list

Edit: Made some changes thanks to aug
dcassana
what I am suppouse to do with all the other files as jpg's that are in the same directory of the skins.zip
augustborn99
put them in the "images"
tzifos
will e398 themes work on my rokr e1? or will they damage it?
plz reply
naokuphilip
Hello, I still cannot transfer "themes" provided from mobile9... when I try to copy all these files from zip. my phone doesn't accept fiels. Can you please instruct me step by step how to install themses by cable? Thank you!!!
unamariposa
QUOTE(vinnieza @ Feb 6 2006, 10:17 PM)
You then must follow the instructions in this topic to install them*:

http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?showtopic=12231

NB: Installing themes and skins on your Motorola phone WILL void your warrantee! Also, if done improperly it could permanently damage your phone!

[right][snapback]182812[/snapback][/right]

@naokuphilip: It's quoted above! thumbsup.gif
prettyjeany
how will i put a skins in my motorola slvr l7?
elfen_lied
yeap, i just bought my SLVR L7 2days ago..
pls each me how to install "skin" to my phone..
byebye.gif
kegix
yes but whot about themes?
gaurav317
You have mentioned the Razr V3 in the list. Does that mean that Razr V3i is also included?
pumpum525
QUOTE(naokuphilip @ Mar 14 2006, 10:49 AM)
Hello, I still cannot transfer "themes" provided from mobile9... when I try to copy all these files from zip. my phone doesn't accept fiels. Can you please instruct me step by step how to install themses by cable? Thank you!!!
[right][snapback]189412[/snapback][/right]

gathering.gif Hi,
i don't know how to transfer themes to my phone either, there is this program calledpk2c which you need to do it.
Milo razr
Can I install the themes using mobile phonetools?
FightTheGoodFight
There is yet to be a guide for the L7 but it should work like the Razr but I shouldnt say that becuase I dont want anyone to break a phone.

The Razr V3i should be the same as well but again no guarantee.

I dont believe Razr's accept "themes" I thought it used only skins.

Hope that answers some questions

FTGF
Milo razr
QUOTE(Milo razr @ May 13 2006, 01:31 AM)
Can I install the themes using mobile phonetools?
[right][snapback]202232[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, thats what i meant skins. But i have a Motorola RAZR v3 not v3i
Singhnee
Is the same procedure applicable regarding installation of skins for the v3x motorola??
FightTheGoodFight
QUOTE(Singhnee @ Jun 13 2006, 03:53 PM)
Is the same procedure applicable regarding installation of skins for the v3x motorola??
[right][snapback]210406[/snapback][/right]

Yes
Milo razr
Ok then how to install the skins for RAZR V3 with Motorola Phonetools?
FightTheGoodFight
As the guide states, only themes can be installed with Mobile Phone Tools not skins. Read the guides.

FTGF
Milo razr
QUOTE(FightTheGoodFight @ Jun 13 2006, 05:23 PM)
As the guide states, only themes can be installed with Mobile Phone Tools not skins. Read the guides.

FTGF
[right][snapback]210452[/snapback][/right]

surrender.gif Then how can i install themes with phonetools? surrender.gif
gomady
QUOTE(Singhnee @ Jun 14 2006, 02:23 AM)

Hello sir,

iam having mobile razr v3 black. Unable to inst ll skins.error iam getting is unsupported format.please do the need ful.

thank you very much.
Madhu.
vinnieza
QUOTE(gomady @ Jun 15 2006, 05:13 AM)
QUOTE(Singhnee @ Jun 14 2006, 02:23 AM)

Hello sir,

iam having mobile razr v3 black. Unable to inst ll skins.error iam getting is unsupported format.please do the need ful.

thank you very much.
Madhu.
[right][snapback]210710[/snapback][/right]

Did you follow the instructions in the link given in the first post?
gigin
how to install theme in a motorola v3i
vinnieza
Have you read the first post?
EchoZulu
FYI all, there is a much simpler way to install motorola skins. If I'm allowed to, I'll post a link here to a program called Motorola Skins Manager (free software, not warez). All you do it connect your phone to your PC, open the skin with Skins Manager, and it does all the work for you. cheers.gif
adonisdemon
that would be a god send notworthy.gif
EchoZulu
OK, no problem! smile.gif

Here's link to Moto Skins Manager 0.31 on rapidshare. Just extract it, connect to your PC, and you'll see how easy it is! smile.gif

http://rapidshare.de/files/23490565/SkinsM...er0.31.rar.html

I'll also start a new thread with a direct link to the current build of my Motorola Modding Software Suite installer. It installs all of the necessary programs (including Skins Mgr) and a whole bunch of extras. And no warez! This site has been a big help while I learn about my gf's new Nokia 6270 so my little thanks is all of the Moto software you would ever need (but no PST or RSD Lite) in one nice little package! wink.gif
Idulienka
Great thumbsup.gif and will this work also with V235? I haven't seen it in the list of phones supporting skins. Thx smile.gif
ZCadfsf
i put one on mine, but i cant get to my menu, everything works but i cant get the menu open i can only dial numbers and get to my comtacts.
06Clindsey
Hey I can't for the life of me get my computer to recognize my phone plugged in. I downloaded P2K Commander, and thought I downloaded and installed the driver but it still doesn't recognize my phone! Help please!!!
EchoZulu
@ZCadfsf

What skin did you install and what phone do you have?

@06Clindsey

What phone do you have? Try searching google for RSD Lite 2.7. Install that and then connect your phone.

All, for best results, use the drivers included with p2kTools.

thumbsup.gif
krulez
Hi i just bought a new SLVR a week ago can some 1 please tell me how to install themes
Thanx
vinnieza
Have you tried reading ALL the pinned topics in this forum, the faqs and this thread?
thunderboy09
QUOTE(augustborn99 @ Feb 16 2006, 09:48 AM)
put them in the "images"
[right][snapback]184298[/snapback][/right]

hey how can i increase the volume of v3i....more than the max ????
EchoZulu
You need to edit the gain_table.bin file in the /a/ root directory or just back yours up and replace it with mine.

thumbsup.gif
shadelac
hi i just got my v3i & have been trying to install the skin i d/l from here. i tried using the software that came with the phone, but it doesn't recognize the ski format. i also d/l ur software, but when i tried to follow the directions for the p2kcommand it won't go to the p2k mobile phone, it keeps going to a different hard drive. the p2ktools also i can't find where the skins are.
EchoZulu
You should not use P2kCommander to install skins. You should use Skins Manager which can be found in the Skinning Software section of the Suite.

Also, make sure that your phone is in data/fax mode (Menu -> Connection -> USB Settings).

thumbsup.gif
shadelac
QUOTE(EchoZulu @ Jul 27 2006, 09:35 AM)
You should not use P2kCommander to install skins.  You should use Skins Manager which can be found in the Skinning Software section of the Suite.

Also, make sure that your phone is in data/fax mode (Menu -> Connection -> USB Settings).

thumbsup.gif
[right][snapback]221260[/snapback][/right]

okay i tried that but it doesn't seem to be finding my phone
EchoZulu
@Spfile

Changing your IMEI is illegal and cannot be discussed in this forum. IMEI changing cannot be performed by any of the software in my suite installer.

@shadelac

Search google for RSD Lite 2.7 and install it on your PC. Open it and then connect your phone via USB cable. If it asks for drivers, point to C:\Program Files\Motorola Modding Software\p2kTools0.8.6_build406\Drv.

Once it displays that your phone is connected in RSD Lite, then open the program you're trying to use while RSD Lite is still open. Let me know how that goes. thumbsup.gif
dinojavier
after i have read, installed, uninstall, install again and reformat all of those softwares my PC still doesnt detect my v3i.

what am i doing wrong here? i followed everything step by step. why o why?!?!?

pls help me... my Yahoo messenger id is dino_javier4 ... i will appreciate if you add me up and take me through he process step by step.

thanks
dinojavier
p2k commander couldn't detect my phone, but my PC does. why is this so? i really want a new skin for my cel!!!!!!

can someone pls pls pls pls help me
augustborn99
read the posts above yours!
tonypalathinkal
Hi everybody,

I am using a motorola V3i . I uploaded wallpapers to my mob using USB , program MPT.

But none of the pictures are available for using as a wallpaper. All the pictures can only be accessed when I go to MMS messages.

How do I save it to the multimedia>pictures in my phone. Please someone advice me

Thank you
tonypalathinkal
Hi everybody,

I am using a motorola V3i . I uploaded wallpapers to my mob using USB , program MPT.

But none of the pictures are available for using as a wallpaper. All the pictures can only be accessed when I go to MMS messages.

How do I save it to the multimedia>pictures in my phone. Please someone advice me

Thank you
EchoZulu
My guess is that you loaded the wallpapers onto your MicroSD card, and your phone is looking at wallpapers in your phone memory (or vice versa).

In Multimedia -> Pictures, press Menu and then choose 'Switch storage device'. Pick whichever one isn't selected and I bet you'll find em there.

thumbsup.gif
tonypalathinkal
QUOTE(EchoZulu @ Aug 2 2006, 03:51 PM)
My guess is that you loaded the wallpapers onto your MicroSD card, and your phone is looking at wallpapers in your phone memory (or vice versa).

In Multimedia -> Pictures, press Menu and then choose 'Switch storage device'.  Pick whichever one isn't selected and I bet you'll find em there.

thumbsup.gif
[right][snapback]223086[/snapback][/right]

Thank you EchoZulu,

You were right. This helped. Being a novice it could have taken me a lot of time before I could have figured it out. Thnaks a lot pal. I appreciate it very much
EchoZulu
No problem at all! Glad it worked out for you thumbsup.gif
dinojavier
Sir EchoZulu,

iv tried rsd lite, the one you were suggesting to the other guy. but still cant detect my V3i.

august born posted that v3i phone doesnt need the p2k command and i should search the board. iv been at it for a few hours now. tried everything to no avail.

if you can pls help me. how do i install a skin to my v3i? can you give me a link or some instructions to do.

my problem right is that:

1. it doesnt go to p2k mode, it stays in AT mode
2. rsd couldn't detect my v3i
3. skinmanager couldn't detect my v3i also
augustborn99
QUOTE(dinojavier @ Aug 3 2006, 12:41 PM)
Sir EchoZulu,

iv tried rsd lite, the one you were suggesting to the other guy. but still cant detect my V3i.

august born posted that v3i phone doesnt need the p2k command and i should search the board. iv been at it for a few hours now. tried everything to no avail.

if you can pls help me. how do i install a skin to my v3i? can you give me a link or some instructions to do.

my problem right is that:

1. it doesnt go to p2k mode, it stays in AT mode
2. rsd couldn't detect my v3i
3. skinmanager couldn't detect my v3i also
[right][snapback]223313[/snapback][/right]

-are you able to connect with any of the moto software?
-are your COM ports active and assigned?
-have you installed all available moto drivers (see sticky)? sometimes installing PST adds necessary drivers to make some connections.
-whats your windows OS

*more details so someone can help you better
dinojavier
- i can connect to MPT.
- what do you mean by assign com ports?
- yes, i've installed the drivers
- im on winXp

hmmm... what else, when i connect my phone to the other com port it says "found new hardware"
dinojavier
changing my usb from memory to data/fax won't help either coz it now doesnt even see my phone
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.