Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Screen Protectors
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Accessories
Pages: 1, 2, 3
saber_kite
Apologies to all if this topic has been posted and I failed to locate it. Did try but could not find any...

I purchased a Martin Fields Overlay Plus for my P800 and it looked really good. Unfortunately, through no one's fault but my own, I managed to put dust/dirt/grime on the adhesive side of the protector. *sigh* The product said it was washable. The guy I got it from said that running water should be just fine... but it still had some marks all over it. I surfed some PDA/Handheld sites and got several suggestions. I tried to do all of the suggested and came up with my own "formula."

Here's what I did:
1. Diluted about 2 drops of dishwashing detergent in a cup of tap water
2. Rinsed the protector by dipping it. Used a sponge to remove the more stubborn dirt (use light strokes and in one direction only!)
3. Placed it on a piece of bond paper (printer paper was recommended but since I couldn't find one in such a short notice I had to make do with regular bond) adhesive side down and let it air dry
4. To clean the P800 screen & the "shiny" side of the protector, I used 3M Scotch-Brite High Performance Cloth
5. Oh-so-carefully place the protector -- adhesive side (dry) down and used the short end of a credit card to remove air bubbles (note: there we still some air bubbles left no matter how much I try to remove them. I decided to keep them that way that go through the hell that I did when I first removed the protector).
6. Resolved to never again remove the protector wacko.gif

In one forum I read it was suggested that (I) use scotch tape to remove lint from the adhesive side but I had problems on that and it almost bent the protector which would be waste of good money!

If anyone has other suggestions I would appreciate it. This is what I did based on other forums and so far, everything seems to be ok. But I'm keeping the protector on until it falls off on it's own. haha.gif
Patrick
@saber_kite: nice post. Gotta clean my screen protector now (covered with dust).
adonisdemon
nice one saber thumbsup.gif
yaghwin
nice n informative
saber_kite
grouphug.gif
yaghwin
thumbsup.gif
Asakura
can remove scar other than dirt haha.gif nice one! grouphug.gif
jmdo777
hi guys i was thinking of getting a screen protector for my P900 but its so expensive, the thing is they want 500 to 700 for it while if i go to a shop called semicon here in manila they will sell me the whole front cover ( with the glass or plastic your trying to protect) of the P900 for 800 bucks. thats brand new and includes the screen thats why i dont get any screen protector. but i do use the 3m cloth its really good takes oil out with out having to use any glass cleaner.
saber_kite
Wouldn't it be a hassle to keep on removing the cover everytime you want to change the screen? It's actually a nice idea too but in other countries screen protectors are cheaper than buying new covers... happy.gif It all depends na din sa yo happy.gifV... though I'd like to try it too so I can change my P800's case color to a darker one, hehe.
jmdo777
QUOTE (saber_kite @ May 15 2004, 04:55 PM)
Wouldn't it be a hassle to keep on removing the cover everytime you want to change the screen? It's actually a nice idea too but in other countries screen protectors are cheaper than buying new covers... happy.gif It all depends na din sa yo happy.gifV... though I'd like to try it too so I can change my P800's case color to a darker one, hehe.

dont get me wrong its a great idea to get one but since the price of a new screen is almost the same as the protector even if i scratch it i can get a new one for the same price.+ a brand new front cover. dude you in manila? check out semicon they got parts for nokia and SE.
olyy
clapping.gif
saber_kite
Either way, both are expensive so I guess you just have to make up your mind which to get. I still think that you'll probably save more in the long run when you get the screen protector than a new case. On my part at least, since my phone gets handled heavily by my siblings, the screen protector si more practical, and the brand Martin Fields is heavy duty, it'll probably last longer than a regular case.
jmdo777
@saber_kite
Ok where did you get yours? id like to try it out.
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
21 tongue.gif
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
25%
myki_mj
myki_mj
27 tongue.gif
myki_mj
28 laugh.gif
myki_mj
29:)
myki_mj
notworthy.gif 30
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
40 laugh.gif
ravikanyal11
ok!
ravikanyal11
ok!
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
50 laugh.gifrifle.gif
myki_mj
myki_mj
myki_mj
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.