Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Internet
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Service Providers
Paddyp
I have a Virgin SIM card, and I have recently bought a wallpaper for my mobile from one of these companies. (I am never doing it again, what is the point of paying £3 and not getting the censored.gif)

The thing is, I got a text message back with a link, to some Internet site to the one I should connect through WAP in order to download the wallpaper, when I try connecting to this site nothing happens, I am literally waiting for hours, but all my mobile does is display a message saying "Connecting".

Should I download any WAP settings from Virgin or is there another thing I can do?

Thank you!
reidy1982
I had the exact same problem last year when i was with virgin, I went to there main website and got the wap setting sent to my phone but somehow it just did the same. I eventually called virgin and they actually told me even though i had a virgin sim card in my phone not all phones were compatible with there wap services straight away but over the next year or so they were going to try there best to update all wap services for different phones. I ended up changing provider as i use the internet alot on my phone, but i do believe they have updated there website as a friend of mine is still with virgin. All i can say is try the site first if u dont succeed phone there customer services for help. Good luck.
azeem_89
My Mobile Service Provider WARID is very useful as on it's website, one can even send sms to others free of cost; you just have to login there with ur number and passcode...I am happy with it's service and packages too that are cheap!!! notworthy.gif
saraluna
try WARID it`s very good
topmanner1
You have to contact your service provider virgin to get the WAP settings sent to your mobile phone so that you can activate Gprs(WAP) in your mobile.
muhib_shah
QUOTE (azeem_89 @ Dec 27 2009, 10:28 PM) *
My Mobile Service Provider WARID is very useful as on it's website, one can even send sms to others free of cost; you just have to login there with ur number and passcode...I am happy with it's service and packages too that are cheap!!! notworthy.gif

yar ye to butao warid ke speed katni hay ma zong use kar raha hon iss ke speed 9kb s hay weightlift.gif
muhib_shah
contact your service provider for internet settings
Alamin007
contact your service provider
kochaji
Yes its better to contact your service provider
eliasjan
QUOTE (Paddyp @ Dec 28 2005, 03:04 AM) *
I have a Virgin SIM card, and I have recently bought a wallpaper for my mobile from one of these companies. (I am never doing it again, what is the point of paying £3 and not getting the censored.gif)

The thing is, I got a text message back with a link, to some Internet site to the one I should connect through WAP in order to download the wallpaper, when I try connecting to this site nothing happens, I am literally waiting for hours, but all my mobile does is display a message saying "Connecting".

Should I download any WAP settings from Virgin or is there another thing I can do?

Thank you!

Contact your ISP
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.