Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cingular Is...
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Service Providers
Bane
great with replacing phones. I told them all of the problems I was having with my Mpx220 and they shipped me a new the next day. Great service provider, highly recommended. 10.gif
samuels
They were great with me when I had to cancel my subscription after moving to a new state.
jorik53
I'm satisfied with that provider.I haven't tried others, but cingular is ok
xenex413
QUOTE(Bane @ Oct 30 2005, 06:55 PM)
great with replacing phones.  I told them all of the problems I was having with my Mpx220 and they shipped me a new the next day.  Great service provider, highly recommended.  10.gif
[right][snapback]164268[/snapback][/right]

your lucky then they want to charge me 80 dollars to replace mine and it hasn't been even 2 months since I got it, I threatened to cancel my service and she told me that that was my decision but to bear in mind that I had a 2 year plan and would be charged 99 dollars for each pone so here I am 1 month without a phone because I can't fford the 80 dollars at the moment and I am still paying for a service I am not using.
hankosky
QUOTE(xenex413 @ Aug 17 2006, 01:40 PM)
great with replacing phones.  I told them all of the problems I was having with my Mpx220 and they shipped me a new the next day.  Great service provider, highly recommended.  10.gif

your lucky then they want to charge me 80 dollars to replace mine and it hasn't been even 2 months since I got it, I threatened to cancel my service and she told me that that was my decision but to bear in mind that I had a 2 year plan and would be charged 99 dollars for each pone so here I am 1 month without a phone because I can't fford the 80 dollars at the moment and I am still paying for a service I am not using.
[right][snapback]227642[/snapback][/right]

has this issue been resolved?
EchoZulu
In terms of customer service, Cingular is just like any other provider - hit or miss. If you get someone good, they're very helpful. If you get someone bad they're useless.

I recently converted from a personal to a family plan and when I first called to do it the service rep told me I would lose all but 100 of my 3,500+ rollover minutes. I said never mind, called back 15 seconds later, and got a good rep. I told him what the first rep had said and he not only allowed me to keep my 3,500+ rollover minutes but he also waived the contract renewal so that my contract wouldn't start over at 2 years.

All in all imo, Cingular is a great provider as long as you're patient and talk to the right people. thumbsup.gif
xenex413
QUOTE(hankosky @ Nov 7 2006, 09:42 PM)
QUOTE(xenex413 @ Aug 17 2006, 01:40 PM)

[right][snapback]227642[/snapback][/right]

has this issue been resolved?
[right][snapback]251784[/snapback][/right]

No I am sorry to say it hasn't been resolved sad.gif
mmmmna
Snigular is ok...

"The fewest dropped calls of any network"? 10% of my calls are dropped. I had one call get dropped 5 times in one hour. Sure, I'm rural, could be my fault, blah blah... but even when not being used, my RAZR signal strength ranges from 5 bars to no service and back to 5 bars, several times an hour, all with the phone sitting on the dining room table, me sitting there watching the phone and nobody else in the house. I can see their cell tower from my roof, so something weird is happening, even during calls. BTW: 3 hours and one minute is the maximum call I can make to someone who is in plan. Then the call is dropped. This time limit has happened not less than 6 times since I joined Snigular in June 2006, and makes no difference who calls who. FWIW, I like the name "Snigular" better than Cingular; I coined the nickname "Snigular" from "Sniglet".

Easy to replace a phone? Yes, but costly. I had my RAZR in my jeans pocket while I mowed the lawn last August. I perspired as one is likely to do when Augusts heat is added to the effort of mowing knee high grass with a push mower. The phone started beeping, spewing random numbers on the screen as if I was dialing out, etc. that lasted for days, until the phone dried out, and then after drying, the keyboard wouldn't respond normally... I had to squeeze 1, 4, and 7 really hard to get them to work. Evidently RAZRs aren't real comfortable with perspiration, though one could argue that this is an appliance that should resist the same elements which a human can tolerate... Alas, I digress.
$50 later, I get a second RAZR. Clearly the replacement phone has had portions repainted, etc. So far, it works fine, but paying $50 for it seems a bit high for a repainted RAZR. Yet that is the agreement in the contract: they could provide a used phone. My GF had a moto phone that slowly wore out the recharger jack. She had to upgrade to a newer model because her older moto phone was unavailable in the replacement pool... she had to lose features (chat), gain unwanted features that cannot be disabled (stock ticker) and still had to pay $50.

Back to me... I signed up in June, my younger son was added to my plan in July... Snigular made him the primary... I had to fix that.

He uses his phone on the same tower as I use my phone... Snigular tells me in my phone bill that his phone is off network more than 52% of the time and his service will be terminated if the phone stays off network that much for another 30 days. I had to call them about that and showed them he was using the same tower as I use... how is it that I'm in and he's out?? The CSR agreed, and I've not heard of the matter since.

Summary:
All in all, though, I can't really be too critical of the Snigular repair service. The coverage leaves a bit to be desired, since US Cellular in this area is rock solid for my older son. Which is where I will be heading when my Snigular contract times out. Or when they terminate our contracts.
SKITSOfranic
my mom and aunt have Cingular and they are always not answering calls either because they don't have any minutes or the person who is calling them isn't in there network i hate that about contract phones thats why with my service provider i was glad that i didn't have to fill out any contracts the only catch it that all the phone are full priced for example i paid almost $300 US for my phone when other networks have
similar phone for about $59.00 to $100.00 but you have to sign a contract plus those company's charge u for every little thing that u do Metro pcs the company that i have has 5 different plans

$30 Plan
1st months bill free
Unlimited local calling only and cannot upgrade to any other plan without starting new service ( buying new phone)

$35 Plan
Same as $30 plan but with the ability the upgrade your plan without having to start a new service

$40 Plan
1st months bill free
Unlimited local and long distance

$45 Plan
Same as $40 plan but with unlimited text, picture, video, and voice mail, caller id,

$50 Plan
1st months bill free
unlimited local, long distance, text, picture, video, email, internet surfing, bigger voice mail box,

and a few other options that u can add to any plan except for the $30 plan check out www.metropcs.com for more info

user posted image
ihatejason
Cingular is now the new AT&T. Haven't you heard?
itchy11jr
Cingular is dead....... Long live the re-takeover of the Bells
amathyst
I work for AT&T/Cingular. I will tell you that it is hit and miss with any company. If you had 3500 rollover minutes and switched to a Family Talk Plan your r/o should have reduced to the amount of Familytalk min you switched too. For example: You're on the 900 min individual plan. You have 3500 r/o min. You switch to the 1400 min FT plan and you will lose all of your rollover except 1400. So needless to say you did get the right rep and special treatment! lol
arbri135
hi byebye.gif
arbri135
nice sig you got there sitko
chandru009

The person above me really didn't answer your question. I'll answer your most pressing question, which is the truly unlimited texts, to any network. They're $19.99.

To the retard below me, hey! Read my answer.
Omega 3 Supplements | Playmobil

uvaisosho
QUOTE (arbri135 @ Dec 25 2009, 12:30 PM) *
nice sig you got there sitko

hihiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii weightlift.gif
CLEOPATTRA
hiii
NIZAM_PS
thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
NIZAM_PS
NIZAM_PS
NIZAM_PS
NIZAM_PS
jolansky
nice one!!
eliasjan
QUOTE (Bane @ Oct 31 2005, 03:25 AM) *
great with replacing phones. I told them all of the problems I was having with my Mpx220 and they shipped me a new the next day. Great service provider, highly recommended. 10.gif

So In Which Country Are You Living?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.