Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vinnies Themes
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Showcase: Sony Ericsson Themes
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
vinnieza
This is my new theme thread at mobile 9 for my themes, most if not all of my themes can be found in the Mobile 9 Gallery. Please comment on my themes and hopefully i can improve them wink.gif

You can find my old theme thread with my very first themes here wink.gif

Thanks smile.gif

Edit: As most of my themes in this thread are K700 themes, this thread is being placed in the K700 theme making forum

Edit 2: As well as mobile9.com, you can also find my themes at http://www.vthemes.co.uk (just encase m9 is down, also i wanted to make a website).
vinnieza
Here's my Light Vortex Theme, what do you all think (it's my very first K700 theme so it's quite simple).
Patrick
hmm, any new k700 themes from you, vince? blink.gif
vinnieza
Here's my Electric Vortex theme (the same as before, as i have just started K700 themeing my themes may be a bit simple at first but from your comments and after i have made some softkeys and seen some more K700 themes thumbsup.gif)

Hope you all like it and comments please smile.gif
adonisdemon
good themes so far vince thumbsup.gif

as the k700 supports PNG you may wanna give a go at the transparency thing too... :0
vinnieza
@adonis, thanks, does it support transparent gifs?

Here's my Mobile 9 T610 theme, Hope you all like it unsure.gif
Spawn
Very Nice Vin smile.gif

It supports PNG which support transparency.
vinnieza
Thanks spawn, i have no experience with using png oops.gif do they produce a better picture quality to gif's and jpg's? also would transparent gifs work?
adonisdemon
QUOTE (vinnieza @ Apr 4 2004, 09:33 PM)
Thanks spawn, i have no experience with using png oops.gif do they produce a better picture quality to gif's and jpg's? also would transparent gifs work?

just like any gif file but you save it as png...you know save for web...scroll down to png and your done thumbsup.gif
vinnieza
But can't you have transparent image with gif's? also what other avantages are there with png?

oh ex hasn't commented on my mobile 9 theme sad.gif
adonisdemon
QUOTE (vinnieza @ Apr 4 2004, 09:59 PM)
But can't you have transparent image with gif's? also what other avantages are there with png?

oh ex hasn't commented on my mobile 9 theme sad.gif

i'm not very familiar with png myself...but i do think that png supports different levels of transparency...while gif only has one - just transparent... thumbsup.gif

take the p900 themes for example...when making the balloons..the amount of transparency depends on how dark the grey is on the mask...20% grey more transparent...80% grey less transparent...although i don't know if that how it works on the k700... blink.gif

ex is busy with stuff... thumbsup.gif

EDIT like the colours on the t610 m9 theme thumbsup.gif /EDIT
vinnieza
Oh i see thumbsup.gif

thanks smile.gif
Patrick
@vince: all m9-based themes are special laugh.gif

I like this one in particular though, by Diego_Silang:

user posted image

The earlier ones by jef was also very good, and adonis one as well.
vinnieza
I must admit that is a nice theme thumbsup.gif

yey my themes along with others is special smile.gif

Has anyone got the desktop template for the K700?

cheers.gif
adonisdemon
QUOTE (expert_21 @ Apr 4 2004, 10:30 PM)

i have two of the m9 themes i made on both of my phones laugh.gif

the m9 refelctions on my t630 and m9 stratos on my t610 red thumbsup.gif

user posted image

user posted image

i like my gurunge theme too...

user posted image

but the text is almost unreadable oops.gif
Pistos
QUOTE (expert_21 @ Apr 5 2004, 07:30 AM)

I like this one in particular though, by Diego_Silang:

user posted image

The earlier ones by jef was also very good, and adonis one as well.

Thanks expert... actually I'm doing it in K700 hope to finish it today.

Vin you got a lot nice themes here thumbsup.gif ...

about the png, when you make a transparent image the scaling of the image's colors is still smooth not like gif it is dithered. So when you layered a png image (with 50%transparent) the background image will display its own color as it is with a new variation of color from the png image. hope this helps. thumbsup.gif
vinnieza
I think i understand now by looking at spawns bubble theme thumbsup.gif

thanks smile.gif
vinnieza
I've made some softkey images for the K700, what do you think unsure.gif
adonisdemon
hey, i saw that first one somewhere...? ah yes it's in one of the tutorials... laugh.gif i've used that quiet a bit too... (the gradient) thumbsup.gif tongue.gif
vinnieza
@adonis, yep all of them apart from the 2nd was made using tutorials thumbsup.gif

Here's my Liquid Mobile 9 K700 theme:

Comments please, i gave png a try and it's great thumbsup.gif, i kind of coppied spawn with the selected tab (and moving the pic in the preview (just looked at spawns themes i also coppied his the way he done his highlight bar)), i hope he doesn't mind unsure.gif

Hope you all like it smile.gif
adonisdemon
like the liquid effects vince... thumbsup.gif

tip for you...as we can use different pics for standyby and desktop...make use of it and kinda like a two frame animation...on the standby have one pic and one the desktop have a different one...so it looks like it changes...

example - my k700 theme...where the screen is half full (tide coming in) and then the desktop where it has come and filled the screen...take a look at my select icons too thumbsup.gif
vinnieza
thanks adonis, and my desktop is different to the wallpaper?, i added a wave filter to it (you can see the filter more clearly on the text) or did i misunderstand?
adonisdemon
QUOTE (vinnieza @ Apr 5 2004, 12:39 PM)
thanks adonis, and my desktop is different to the wallpaper?, i added a wave filter to it (you can see the filter more clearly on the text) or did i misunderstand?

i'm not talking about just adding effects...but acutally changing the whole thing...transitioning the changes thumbsup.gif
scubyd00
wow.gif nice liquid theme vinn thumbsup.gif you've gotten some new ideas i see wink.gif keep up the great work thumbsup.gif
vinnieza
Thanks scub and will do thumbsup.gif
scubyd00
can't wait to see you new stuff in the upcoming comp wink.gif
vinnieza
Here's my Leaning Tower Of Pisa theme:

what do you all think, i think there's something not right but can't tell what. Do you think the title colours should be all black or left how they are now (red), do you think the operator logo's ok black? it spoiled the theme when it was white as it was right on top of the pic.

Comments please and i hope you all like it unsure.gif

edit: updated pic to match update 1.2
adonisdemon
the text looks good vince thumbsup.gif
maybe a red outline on the opreator text may be worth trying thumbsup.gif if it doesn't don't worry it looks good as it is thumbsup.gif
vinnieza
good idea, red didn't go so how about this:

edit: and guess how big the file is, 94kb :D
adonisdemon
yeah that looks better thumbsup.gif
vinnieza
Which one do you think looks better?

.....................1.......................................... 2......................................... 3
adonisdemon
3333333333 thumbsup.gif
vinnieza
there is no 3333333333 tongue.gif

ok thanks smile.gif
vinnieza
Here's my K700 Snowboarding theme:

What do you all think? Hope you all like it smile.gif
adonisdemon
good to see you making themes again vince thumbsup.gif

not one for anything cold but the theme is good thumbsup.gif
vinnieza
thanks adonis smile.gif, i figured if i want a K700 i might as well start themeing for one encase i get one then i would have made lots of themes to put on it and the themes i make for it will hopefully be better as i have been themeing for it for a while :D also it's half term and i have quite a bit of spare time wink.gif

edit: also at esato i was hardly getting any response so it put me down and i started getting no votes in the comp and that put me down even more so i ended up reducing my themeing for some reason, maybe i thought no one liked my themes, but you and scub kept me going thumbsup.gif thanks smile.gif
adonisdemon
that's a good idea thumbsup.gif well i'm gone to watch the match and be back later thumbsup.gif

edit: glad to have helped...remember vince if you like doing something just do it whether people respond or not...even if they don't like it...majoraity of people who come here just come to do one thing and that is for the themes and ringtones...and most won't have the decency to comment on your themes or rate them...but i guess they have their reasons thumbsup.gif
scubyd00
vinn you and snowboarding laugh.gif nice one thumbsup.gif
vinnieza
Thanks scub smile.gif, yep when i'm not sure what to make i ususally go for snowboarding :D, also if i get a K700 i'll most likely end up using it smile.gif

My next theme, i'll give you a clue, there's alot of these around for other phones but not for the K700, how can this be real, define real wink.gif

btw did you know i've got a T610 verson of the snowboarding theme wink.gif and that's what this themes based on
adonisdemon
wacko.gif wacko.gif too eraly in the morning to try and figure that out wacko.gif wacko.gif
vinnieza
It's now afternoon, figured it out yet tongue.gif
adonisdemon
QUOTE (vinnieza @ Apr 7 2004, 12:37 PM)
It's now afternoon, figured it out yet tongue.gif

still morning for me tongue.gif not yet blink.gif
scubyd00
what's this? we're playing guessing games? laugh.gif laugh.gif
vinnieza
yeah laugh.gif, oops.gif i haven't started on my theme yet only got a few douson pics sad.gif
adonisdemon
QUOTE (vinnieza @ Apr 7 2004, 01:47 PM)
only got a few douson pics sad.gif

what pics? blink.gif vince your killing me wacko.gif
vinnieza
ok i've decided to make 3 now (maybe 2), 1 for each as i got too many pics to use laugh.gif
vinnieza
Ok i need all of your advice now, which one do you think looks better (stupid two layered operator logo (will there be two layers like that on the phone?)
simon211175
second one for me thumbsup.gif
Patrick
@vince: the second one. I hates it when the face get covered by the operator logo. Why no softkey?
vinnieza
thanks you two smile.gif

That's not my theme yet ex, i'm just want to know what picture to use to save time smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.