Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Every One Needs To Know!
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Service Providers
AMANGONS
i have just fouind out that o2 will send you a text if you miss a call (aparantly so will vodafone).

for all the info:

http://www.o2.co.uk/productsservices/O2Cal.../0,,120,00.html

byebye.gif

adonisdemon
well orange are already doing that tongue.gif
it's good service.
psyg0d
hmm my Singtel operator informs me if someone tried to call me when my HP is switch off too. great work smile.gif
gesf
My SP (Vodafone - Portugal) has that service too...
I think it's a great idea!
danb1990
i get them when i miss calls its a good idea and i can't complain cos its free, i just don't see the point when it comes up on your phone anyway!
problade
Most operators are starting this service but the funny thing with VF's is a few customers can't turn the service off due to a bug in the system.

Ok you might think whats the problem with that. Its a good service and its free.

The problem is on VF you cannot have call catcher and voicemail active at the sametime. So if you want voicemail on but callcatcher is active your stuck with it...

1.gif
adonisdemon
another vodafone fault laugh.gif
AMANGONS
1.gif and O2 1.gif

its one or t'other, not both.

but 2b 'onest who leaves a voicemail, you hang up as soon as you hear the voice, or the redirect ringtone. so you dont know who called. at least with this, you still get to know who called.

750I hilights the number as you scroll through the text msg, and u then press call!! 10.gif

so i stilln think better than vmail.

Vlammetje
Over here VF have your voicemail call you if you have a new voicemail message thumbsup.gif

Don;t need text for missed calls as the phone displays it tbh unsure.gif
AMANGONS
QUOTE(Vlammetje @ Aug 26 2005, 10:20 AM)
Over here VF have your voicemail call you if you have a new voicemail message thumbsup.gif

Don;t need text for missed calls as the phone displays it tbh unsure.gif
[right][snapback]153147[/snapback][/right]

over here too, my mrs get an annoying ring until she answers to get the vm.

as an o2 cus, i would have got a text msg.

but as i said, as MOST of dont leave msgs, and esp if a fone is off/no sig, then a txt, when turned on/in sig is good idea.

the only time i leave a vm, is if i'm calling from the works fone and calling a customer.
elton
You can also do 1471 on your o2 phone (same as your home Bt phone) and that tells you if anyone rang while your phone was switched off. smile.gif
problade
I leave voicemail when i call people...mainly to moan at them for not having their phone turned on.. weightlift.gif
AMANGONS
QUOTE(problade @ Aug 26 2005, 04:36 PM)
I leave voicemail when i call people...mainly to moan at them for not having their phone turned on.. weightlift.gif
[right][snapback]153195[/snapback][/right]

clap.gif very good clap.gif
Paddyp
What if your mobile ran out of battery and you where waiting a very important call?

As far as I know, Missed calls are only displayed on your mobile if you mobile is on, so if you have your mobile phone switched off, you will never find out if you received that important call or not.

When I was in Spain, I use to receive text messages informing of missed calls I had ONLY when my mobile was switched off and It was free.

Therefore in my opinion, I think this is a great idea 10.gif
Alamin007
thumbdown.gif
Alamin007
thumbdown.gif
Alamin007
thumbdown.gif
kochaji
Useless
eliasjan
QUOTE (AMANGONS @ Jul 22 2005, 12:07 PM) *
i have just fouind out that o2 will send you a text if you miss a call (aparantly so will vodafone).

for all the info:

http://www.o2.co.uk/productsservices/O2Cal.../0,,120,00.html

byebye.gif

Thanks For Info
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.