Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Motorola V635 With T-mobile....
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Service Providers
ProFragger
Hello guys,

I'm extremely new to this cell phone business. In fact I have just gotten my FIRST ever cell phone with T-Mobile. I got the v330 phone with the plan, and have only had the phone and the plan for less than 30 days. Now, I have an opportunity to get a Motorola v635 off of Ebay. My question is:

What will it take on my part, once I get the v635 to function properly with all its functions, that is MMS, email, voicemail, bluetooth, service reception, T-Zones, on an American T-Mobile network. Now, I'm extremely new to this business, I don't know the first thing about modding phones and making them compatible with networks and etc, so could you guys tell me, or point me to a tutorial that will tell me how to achieve this purpose?

Also, what are other disadvantages that you guys have noticed by your experience and etc, about getting phones off of Ebay and trying to make them work with an American provider? I will deeply appreciate your help! Thanks for reading!
FightTheGoodFight
Well tell us the description of the phone? Is it unlocked, if so it will work on the T-mo network. Bluetooth will if it has it. You will have to set up the grps network. T-zones will be gone. Voicemail should work and MMS goes along with if the network is set up correctly and these settings you can get from this site or i believe the T-mo page. Personally i dont buy phones from Ebay just because i trust myworldphone.com and the phone from ebay could come damaged and then if there is a no return policy, it could be bad news.
ProFragger
QUOTE(FightTheGoodFight @ Jul 16 2005, 03:00 PM)
Well tell us the description of the phone? Is it unlocked, if so it will work on the T-mo network. Bluetooth will if it has it. You will have to set up the grps network. T-zones will be gone. Voicemail should work and MMS goes along with if the network is set up correctly and these settings you can get from this site or i believe the T-mo page. Personally i dont buy phones from Ebay just because i trust myworldphone.com and the phone from ebay could come damaged and then if there is a no return policy, it could be bad news.
[right][snapback]144193[/snapback][/right]

Thanks for replying bro. Yes, the phone is unlocked, like a generic phone from the manufacturer, without any service provider's logo or locking. It should work with T-Mobile, cause its a GSM Quad-Band.

As I mentioned in my original post, I don't know the first thing about modding the phones. So, can you tell me exactly how to do what you said I should do. Like setting up the network right, the gprs or something? I would appreciate. Also, any other help would be appreciated too, from more users. Thanks again!
FightTheGoodFight
Oops wrong settings just go to the link and they will send the settings to your phone and it should do it to where you dont have to type anything in

https://secure.mouse2mobile.com/clients/tmo...US/ota_support/

Regards,
FTGF
augustborn99
if that doesnt work (it didnt for my e398), call tmo to send you the settings "over the air"
ProFragger
Alright, thanks so much for your help guys. I did the T-Mobile thing on my v330, to test it out, but it didn't work. Oh well, let's see what happens. BTW guys, there is no v635 in list on T-Mobile site. So what should I do about that? Thanks for all the help so far, everyone!
FightTheGoodFight
just treat it as v600 should be the same
Alamin007
hi
Alamin007
hi
lostlyrics
surrender.gif

would not be a godd idea to
close such old and quite specific topics
before spammers - e.g. who have said
almost seven hundred times nothing, torn
up or clubber the whole board mindlessly ?
kochaji
dont like it
eliasjan
QUOTE (ProFragger @ Jul 17 2005, 01:36 AM) *
Hello guys,

I'm extremely new to this cell phone business. In fact I have just gotten my FIRST ever cell phone with T-Mobile. I got the v330 phone with the plan, and have only had the phone and the plan for less than 30 days. Now, I have an opportunity to get a Motorola v635 off of Ebay. My question is:

What will it take on my part, once I get the v635 to function properly with all its functions, that is MMS, email, voicemail, bluetooth, service reception, T-Zones, on an American T-Mobile network. Now, I'm extremely new to this business, I don't know the first thing about modding phones and making them compatible with networks and etc, so could you guys tell me, or point me to a tutorial that will tell me how to achieve this purpose?

Also, what are other disadvantages that you guys have noticed by your experience and etc, about getting phones off of Ebay and trying to make them work with an American provider? I will deeply appreciate your help! Thanks for reading!

Not Interested In http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/style_imag...icons/icon3.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.