Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Attention M9 K750 Themers
mobile9 Forum > ThemeMaking > Chat, Tutorials & Resources > Tutorials
Patrick_Lippe
My good friend Gseth, told me that some of my themes were not good functionable.

One of the reported problems was:

"When typing an sms message and adding a symbol, there is no cursor in
the window".

The problem of this was the fact that my backgound colors where the same as my highlight background colors.

So i had to revise the following screens:

Navigation
Pop up
More list
Activity menu

I presume that there are more themers here, who are doing this. So please pay attention on this!

@August, you have reported a bug in my thread. This is the bug!

jasnasto
Thanx Patrick! I'm going to check my themes right now byebye.gif
adonisdemon
not sure if this is a bug, my themes do not have the problem, peraps it depends on the colours and backgrounds used?

i know august xenon theme had the problem, but that was easily fixed by changing some of the colours around.
Patrick_Lippe
Yes adonis it depends on the backgrounds. They seem to effect each other. With the k700 we don't have had that problem, so that was why i am reporting this.

I have heard that there are many themes in our gallery, who are having this colour problems.

So i think we all have to look at our themes!

Admins can i upload my new revised themes? Or is there a possibility that the revised file can be changed with the current?
adonisdemon
patrick - use the edit option to upload your revised version of the theme.
elton
haha.gif I saw this thread and didnt know how to reply...........

Errr...im not sure coz im a crap mod. haha.gif
adonisdemon
with those goggles on, i wonder how you can even see anything laugh.gif (personal pic)
elton
What goggles?????

Those are my reading glasses. haha.gif
ArthurWill
QUOTE(elton @ Jun 14 2005, 08:36 AM)
Those are my reading glasses. haha.gif
[right][snapback]136545[/snapback][/right]

haha.gif Expert_21 got the same glasses as well ...laugh.gif
A bit offtopic.gif ?
augustborn99
its really not a "bug" (per se). more like an "inadvertent color clash". i fixed xenon by adding a background to input1 and input2 where previously there was none.
Patrick_Lippe
Bug is not the good word. But we have to watch out with the background colours.
adonisdemon
let's call it themer's knowledge laugh.gif
gseth
I like to add a few more.

The input one image should be full, and the input 2 image should be of a specific size. This is because when u go in:

phonebook - any name - edit - add details like title, company, number, etc-

There is a typing box. Then there is also a Aa and an itap indicator.

The size of the input 2 image is such that it is exactly below the Aa and itap indicator.

Some themes the box, intersects the Indicators. See any SE default theme for actualy size.

I hope i am understandable, since this is a bit confusing....lol
Patrick_Lippe
Ok have made this little tutorial, so that everyone can understand it.

user posted image
playas_inc
Very Good sure this will help k750 themers Pat thumbsup.gif
adonisdemon
good info patrick wink.gif
gseth
While changing dates in calendar view, or puuting an appointment, the selcted number/date should be highlighted. This is also for the timer.

Example:

1. Go to calendar
2. New Appointment
3. You can see the date which is blinking. The blink color can be changed accordingly.

You can change that by changing the "Input Marked Text" Color.

user posted image
frozen_pea
hey, ive just got the K750, when looking at themes ive found that my old K700 ones wont work.

Ive got the sony ericsson software to create themes, however this must be the older version as it doesnt have the k750 on it.

anyway i cant remember where i got the program from so can someone please post the url so i can create k750 themes

thanks
Patrick_Lippe
Click here

frozen_pea

thanks, hopefully ill be able to whip up some good themes, only ever posted one, as i didnt have much time with uni and a job, now i sit on my a** all day waiting for my new job to start next month.
zjurina
I ve download a SE ThmCreator 1.80 and saw
some new things...user posted image

does it mean that you MUST input the "Input1" and "Input2" in the 1.80?

user posted image

- or it remains as in the 1.71 ?
zjurina
I want to say that in that thm "LionKing", I did not input in the thm these "Inpu1" & "Input2",
- working in the Thm Creator 1.71
- and the background remains perfectly visible...

Now when I open the same "LionKing" with a ThmCreator1.80 -

- the same visible area is hidden by the white squares.

elton
I think they must have added these areas to v1.8 to combat the issue august mentioned earlier in this thread.
QUOTE(augustborn99 @ Jun 14 2005, 02:09 PM)
its really not a "bug" (per se). more like an "inadvertent color clash". i fixed xenon by adding a background to input1 and input2 where previously there was none.
smile.gif
jasnasto
@zjurina

Please read posts #13 and #14 of this thread.
1.80 is just showing (and warning you) that you have to import the right sizes in these screens (which is not the case in 1.71), in order to have it functional on the actual phone byebye.gif
zjurina
thanks elton

thanks Jasna notworthy.gif
Patrick_Lippe
After a discussion with some themers (starter NevilleX), i am posting this here.

We themers have to look out with using gradients in our themes for the k600/k750/w800. I noticed it also with the k700 but on this phones it is showing more.

On our computerscreen it is looking like this:

Computerscreen:
user posted image

Phone:
user posted image
(all pics are from Nevillex)

Most visible with black/gray gradients.

Greetz Pat
CrystalEYE
Oh, haven´t noticed this yet.

But if I think about it, it´s quite clear, because the phone cannot display all 16,7 Million colors your monitor can!
Edthegooseman
QUOTE(Patrick_Lippe @ Oct 23 2005, 10:37 PM)
After a discussion with some themers (starter NevilleX), i am posting this here.

We themers have to look out with using gradients in our themes for the k600/k750/w800. I noticed it also with the k700 but on this phones it is showing more.

On our computerscreen it is looking like this:

Computerscreen:
user posted image

Phone:
user posted image
(all pics are from Nevillex)

Most visible with black/gray gradients.

Greetz Pat
[right][snapback]162783[/snapback][/right]

Having just gone from a 6600 to a k750 i thought i was gattin a phone with a bigger screen but to my dissapointment it was even smaller then my 6600. I made my first theme for se and used a couple of gradients and noticed the problem you spoke about pat but i have a different theory as to why its doin this. The images we use in the theme creator are bigger and when it goes onto the phone all the pics decrease in size, hence why the gradients don't look like they do on the p.c... Not sure how correct this is but it makes sense to me.. What do you think guys?? could this be the problem??
gseth
The reason for the gradients is because of the factory contrast setting. If you see this does not happen with the k700i even though it is only 65K.

To reduce the gradient and for better looking pictures, do this.

+24 - contrast
-24 - brightness

in photoshop. You can play around with the settings but i believe these work for almost all type of pictures.
jasnasto
I've noticed one mistake in a few themes, that I downloaded on my phone... which is k750, but I guess this could apply to all SE themes...

The popup background and popup highlight background should not be in the same colour, like it was in this theme...

user posted image

....but in the different one, otherwise, it would be impossible to add symbols while writting SMS... the highlighted text and its background should also not be in same coulour... grouphug.gif

thomas_sweden
just one question pat: that theme in your tuturial, is it an old one or did you just create it to show the ''bugs''? tongue.gif because my opinion is that they're looking good thumbsup.gif tongue.gif byebye.gif
mohammed_intekhab
Thank for your suggestion .It help me
user posted image
thomhoekstra
where can i download the progam where you can make your own theme?
adonisdemon
check the FAQs.
mimrah
this applies to all sony ericsson themers
lindia

Thank you for sharing!
eliasjan
QUOTE (Patrick_Lippe @ Jun 13 2005, 11:47 PM) *
My good friend Gseth, told me that some of my themes were not good functionable.

One of the reported problems was:

"When typing an sms message and adding a symbol, there is no cursor in
the window".

The problem of this was the fact that my backgound colors where the same as my highlight background colors.

So i had to revise the following screens:

Navigation
Pop up
More list
Activity menu

I presume that there are more themers here, who are doing this. So please pay attention on this!

@August, you have reported a bug in my thread. This is the bug!

Thank You Patrick byebye.gif
sugato_maity
good grouphug.gif grouphug.gif
akhilnn
nice thnx wow.gif wow.gif wow.gif
san-sagar
thanks i try this ... byebye.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.