Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 02 Stole My Money
mobile9 Forum > Mobile Phone > Service Providers
stout
I'll start from the beginning.

I got a fone call from o2 a few weeks ago asking me to register my sim, so I thought ok then. Now I had this guy and I couldn't hear a word he was saying. By the end of the conversation I had been signed up to two bolt-ons thumbdown.gif

I topped up my mobile a few days ago and the next again day £9.99 had gone from my fone. So I took it that the bolt-on was on (i was to get 100 x-network anytime minutes and 200 free texts). So I made a call for a few seconds, hung up, checked my balance and now I have -3p. I have no call minutes, and no texts and no £9.99!

I tryed to call them from my mobile but it's not free so I couldn't do that. So I emailed them, they tell me that it will be sorted if I just top up. I just topped up though, and I have no more money. I told them I shouldn't have to topup as I have already payed for my calls and texts, surely thats the whole point in the bolt-on. They tell me my fone is inactive because I have -3p. Well they shouldn't allow my balance to go that low! What idiots!

I've emailed them back and im awaiting a reply. wallbash.gif

whats anyone else think about this?
adonisdemon

i say it sucks! thumbdown.gif

not a handy man myself...so i never use these nuts and bolts ons! laugh.gif
simon211175
I have issues with O2 after changing to an "unsupported" phone so they aren't my favourite people. However, on this issue I do have some good and bad experiences:

O2 regularly seem to take my money for a couple of days, for no reason. They always put it back but if they need to borrow money they should at least ask. I've complained once or twice and they always apologise (I only ever email them cos it's easier). It's weird and they don;t explain why they do it, but I'm leaving them soon anyway so I don't much care.
A while ago I signed up for cheap international talk and text (£4.99 bolt on) on the O2 website. The bolt on was activated okay but to this day they haven't charged me. This I consider a good deal smile.gif

To be honest, I changed to O2 a couple of years ago because they were the best operator in my experience and were offering me more free text messages on PAYG than I could use each month. Regards to customer service - you're fine until you choose an "unsupported" phone, in which case they don't really want to help (which is stupid considering you still use their network even if you got a phone from somewhere else).
mobile-focus.co.uk
Some one on my forum also reported that when they topped up on O2 online, they dident get their money..

Also be aware with 3G, i tried topping up on their wap site and they sent 13 requests to my bank for topup,.. and i was doing £20 ... lol.. so i whould be well messed up if my card ppl dident block it!
Alamin007
sucks! thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif thumbdown.gif
Alamin007
Alamin007
Alamin007
Alamin007
Alamin007
sorry spam.gif spam.gif
Alamin007
sorry spam.gif spam.gif
Kabuto_1995
You can't recover your money.
kochaji
sorry
eliasjan
QUOTE (stout @ Mar 18 2005, 03:30 AM) *
I'll start from the beginning.

I got a fone call from o2 a few weeks ago asking me to register my sim, so I thought ok then. Now I had this guy and I couldn't hear a word he was saying. By the end of the conversation I had been signed up to two bolt-ons thumbdown.gif

I topped up my mobile a few days ago and the next again day £9.99 had gone from my fone. So I took it that the bolt-on was on (i was to get 100 x-network anytime minutes and 200 free texts). So I made a call for a few seconds, hung up, checked my balance and now I have -3p. I have no call minutes, and no texts and no £9.99!

I tryed to call them from my mobile but it's not free so I couldn't do that. So I emailed them, they tell me that it will be sorted if I just top up. I just topped up though, and I have no more money. I told them I shouldn't have to topup as I have already payed for my calls and texts, surely thats the whole point in the bolt-on. They tell me my fone is inactive because I have -3p. Well they shouldn't allow my balance to go that low! What idiots!

I've emailed them back and im awaiting a reply. wallbash.gif

No Way To Recover It
Raindeer123
Nopes sry wallbash.gif
manola2
i am the O2 customer, and i have never had any problem with it smile.gif
but, sorry.. you cant get it back..
MobileRazor
Sucks, *****.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.