Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We're Moving!
mobile9 Forum > Site Related > Announcement
Pages: 1, 2, 3
aliciawwp
To all dear m9ers,

Update Info (1st August 2013):
As many members requested, the LOT Theme Making Party will remain in forum and the even good news is you now can find LOT in our ThemeMaking Competition Subforums! clap.gif clap.gif As for the LOT Theme Request is going to our group here >> Lords of Themes and Request Theme.

For all the tutorial & showcases forums, you will still able to read these topics and get all the resources you needed there, but unfortunately you will not be able to reply/edit on the topic anymore. We are sorry about this changes, but the decision is final. However, you still can join the similar groups (as shown at the top of each topic) and open a new discussion topic at there. smile.gif

We will improve our community groups step by step from your feedback and hopefully we can do it better in future. Kindly let us know if you have any feedback about our groups at m9 HQ group! See you guys there! byebye.gif byebye.gif
================================================================================
========================

Effective from 1st of August 2013, please be advised that the following forums/threads will be discontinued and you are not be able to access to these threads anymore. All discussions, questions, and activities will be held in our community groups respectively.

We are very sorry for this unpleasant changes and we apologize for any inconvenience we’ve caused to you. It is recommended that you to save a copy for any important threads/posts, tutorials and announcement for future reference to the related community groups.

If you like to post on behalf for the thread owner, please make sure you’ve credited the thread owner properly in the beginning of your group’s posts.

For example, I do not own this article, all credits go to [m9_USERNAME]

Here is the list of forums/Threads that will be discontinued and the related groups you can join:

* Existing Forum >> Move To Related Community Group *

Beyond Mobile Subforums

Movies & Music >> Jumbo Pack of Movies

Gadgets, Games, Computers & Web >> m9 Hangouts

Sports >> m9 Hangouts

Jokes & Games >> m9 Hangouts

Lounge >> m9 Hangouts

Lords of Themes >> Lords of Themes

Request for sig, avatar, profile welcomer, badge >> m9 Designers

Downloads Subforums

Ringtones >> Ringtones

Wallpapers & Screensavers >> Wallpapers

Videos >> Videos

Games >> m9 Hangouts

Software >> Apps

Mobile Phone Subforums

News, release, rumours >> M9 Hangouts

Question & Answer >> M9 Hangouts

Polls >> M9 Hangouts

Service Porviders >> M9 Hangouts

Accessories >> M9 Hangouts

Theme Making

Chat, Tutorial & Resources >> Themes

Showcase: Sony Ericsson Themes >> Themes

Showcase: Nokia Themes >> Themes

Showcase: Windows Mobile/iPhone/HTC/ UIQ/Motorola/Siemens Themes >> Themes

Theme Requests >> Lords of Themes

Others:

Nokia FAQs >> Nokia

Sony Ericsson FAQs >> Sony Ericsson

Motorola FAQs >> Motorola

Introductions & Regional Groups >> Community

m9 problems & Suggestions >> M9 HQ

mobile9 Discussion >> M9 HQ

Those forums/Threasd that do not mentioned above (Example, the Contest Arena) will remain in our forum.

P.S/: For all discussions, suggestions, feedbacks related to mobile9, please go to our M9 HQ group.

For all discussions, suggestions, feedbacks or activities that do not related to mobile9’s administration, you can go to the M9 Hangouts group.

Please refer to our blog to learn more about the community groups. http://mobile9dotcom.tumblr.com/m9_community_group
RandyMabius
its a sad news, i have some questions,

are those forum mentioned would be permanently deleted,
will m9 forum will have a new version
hunky_guy
So Sad news ! but why !? plz provide some reasons ! surrender.gif
i'm against about removing tutorials & regional groups from forum !
san-sagar
but why tongue.gif ?
anulubi
i think changes are good.but i dont understand why you guys going to remove all threads ohmy.gif [may be you're not gonna delete it]
you could simply locked it. and leave it as it is. so we can get thing from there, and we will not be able to post anything to it.
please take my request seriously.. sad.gif
justplaykid
good or bad news we have to just take it m9ers
AngelineeMonach
It's the forum only, right? Like, all the accounts and uploads will be up and running? o.O
king_abhishek
I think this happened due to SPAMMERS sad.gif
but m happy coz at least Contest Arena is opened :D
AMDOMINATOR
I'm Really Sad Bout The Ringtones Section.
Its Like My Whole Life's Work Is There sad.gif
---
I'm Fine With A Few Other Topic.
It Would Like Waste Of Server Space.
MK_girl
I agree completely with Alicia. Really is time to clean up all unnecessary stuff from forum. M9's forum looks like a labyrinth and if you don't use it on a daily bases, can easily get lost and wonder where to write about certain problem.
Spammers enjoy spamming all over, and if the forum is well organized, Admins can effectively control what's going on there.
It will look much better and members can easily find where is what, which is not the case now.

Good decision 10.gif
deejssjyoutubechannel
QUOTE (MK_girl @ Jul 2 2013, 10:07 PM) *
I agree completely with Alicia. Really is time to clean up all unnecessary stuff from forum. M9's forum looks like a labyrinth and if you don't use it on a daily bases, can easily get lost and wonder where to write about certain problem.
Spammers enjoy spamming all over, and if the forum is well organized, Admins can effectively control what's going on there.
It will look much better and members can easily find where is what, which is not the case now.

Good decision 10.gif

so true! happy.gif
ramaisraw
QUOTE (MK_girl @ Jul 2 2013, 10:07 PM) *

Good decision 10.gif

You're right Anja.thumbsup.gif
aliciawwp
@randy, those forums mentioned above will be closed for permanently. sad.gif All activities will be conducted in the community group here >> http://community.mobile9.com/

@hunky_guy, the community groups can give you guys a better user experience when using our site such as get notified when other member comment on your post, get notifications and new updates for the topic you are interested and more! We also found out that there are increasing number of users that are using the groups. You can learn more about our new group here >> http://mobile9dotcom.tumblr.com/m9_community_group

@san_sagar, as I explained to hunky_guy in above, to give you guys a better place to communicate with each other. =)

@anulubi, we've considered many options before we made this final decision. We decided to do this because we think it's better for all of us to gather in one place only, instead of going to two different places to get what we want. The groups will continue to grow and change to meet our members' requirement too! Just let me know if you have any ideas to improve our groups. =)

@AngelineeMonach, yes. All changes only applied to the forum mentioned above. =)

@AMDOMINATOR, you still can join our ringtone group here >> Ringtones By the way, christina is the group admin for the Ringtones group too!

@mk_girl, you are right! Thank you for enjoy using our groups. =)

And guys, sorry for being late reply. I was out of office for almost one week due to my family matters.
AMDOMINATOR
@ Alicia
I Was Referring To This LINK

I Was Wondering If Guys Can Mange Things Where I Can Probably Showcase This.
kamrananjumsoj
hi please i have problem i bought premim membership 2 days ago but now i don't have premim membership pakage please help me
Galina53
@aliciawwp, dear Alicia! I do not doubt that you have thought over all possible variants. But you should understand that drawing transferring on a wall very inconveniently. I write about the LOT. We show now the themes the big beautiful screenshots. I saw what screenshots on a wall. It is visible nothing on such screenshots. In my opinion carrying over will harm LOT.

In my opinion everything, as to a drawing should remain at a forum. It concerns also new competition Arena

Such screenshot gives very weak representation about a theme.
MieczysławPAWEŁ
Hello Dear Alicia!..

I agree with Galina thumbsup.gif LOT and all that a drawing Should Remain on the board. This is also a new competition arena. notworthy.gif
Where we are showing and where to store the full preview of our themes.. Achievements of three years of work in the LoT will be lost?
sad.gif
Galina53
QUOTE (MieczysławPAWEŁ @ Jul 5 2013, 11:47 PM) *

Achievements of three years of work in the LoT will be lost?
sad.gif

If you want, that М9 was better, please, think about it. Work should not vanish. To destroy easier, than to create.

To me it is not clear also - why we earned badges on DC, and now this badge has everyone who participates in competitions? Really it was impossible to use any other badge for participants of competition?
sad.gif
evinelias

The decision can't be changed by a group of Ordinary people like us sad.gif

So keep MOVING smile.gif
deejssjyoutubechannel
ALICIA_ a suggestion: try to get the text editor of the forum (like text , font ,color , placement ,img and url tags OPTIONS in the groups ON m9's profile too..

doing so could be a boon for m9 members..to post.. them...
also as anu said... plz keep the tutorials ... open (no comments but...be on...but we can see them to get (learning) it properly)
Galina53
QUOTE (evinelias @ Jul 6 2013, 09:26 AM) *

So keep MOVING smile.gif

The site cannot keep only on administration, therefore it is necessary to consider opinion of ordinary people. I cannot agree with destruction of our work. The forum is necessary for clearing of unnecessary things, instead of from creative works.
Nicque_T7
Oh no.... I hold two threads in the sub sections of ThemeMaking.. one for showcasing my SE themes and other for showcasing my Android themes. And I have been posting there from the time I have joined m9. All those efforts making them and then posting them shall vanished in one second. And like me the other themers too will loose the same. Most importantly the remarks passed by other members that made us grow will no longer exist........ Yes, cleaning up the unnecessary threads is a good idea but I cant figure this out why the administration has also selected these sections where themers are showcasing their work & potential from so many years. Same goes for the LOT request, these are important parts of the forum. PLEASE CONSIDER THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nicque_T7
QUOTE (Galina53 @ Jul 6 2013, 01:47 AM) *
QUOTE (evinelias @ Jul 6 2013, 09:26 AM) *

So keep MOVING smile.gif

The site cannot keep only on administration, therefore it is necessary to consider opinion of ordinary people. I cannot agree with destruction of our work. The forum is necessary for clearing of unnecessary things, instead of from creative works.

I AGREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
evinelias
Its been a long time I am fighting for the restoration of old changes in m9. Not only me. My friends too. But It was useless. Admins are the one who decides and we can't change it. My personal experience. If you guys remember or not. There was a section named Question and Answer before and now its totally removed or deleted. The same going to happen here soon. I had shared a lot of my knowledge there. My hard work and dedication for that section to be the best answerer among all. Everything just went in vain. We all defended a lot to restore that section. But nobody listened. Their objection was that they created a new community section where people can Question and Answer regarding their doubts. But what about our old answers and stuffs?? I am not here for a fight. Only one thing to say again from my experience. WE ARE NO ONE TO DEFEND THE CHANGES OR DECISIONS MADE BY ADMINS BECAUSE ITS USELESS AND JUST A WASTE OF TIME.. So keep Moving with the flow and stay cool smile.gif
mangotango7
Alicia to create groups - it is good for communication, but it is bad for creativity, I agree with those who against removal a LOT party, it practically the same, as STC and TMC, only without vote and winners, there people create wonderful themes and all can see them
Galina53
@evinelias, Yes, my answers too have left in anywhere. It was insulting, but not how now. I know that Alicia often listens to our opinion. I very much hope that in this case it will make the correct decision. It is very important, that to our work were respectful on M9. Otherwise all loses meaning. It is impossible to cross out three years of work LOT!!! As the reasons of such actions to us do not explain.

@mangotango7, thumbsup.gif
imsagi
@alicia
plz don't move lot area becoz all our area will destroyed we have lot party area separated and themes request is also separated area of lot and we have 3 separated area n becoming in one group all will disturbs if on transferring in one group then make it like separated 3 areas in it other wise my request to you plz don't move

and also stc & tmc they are well establish threads
irshadshalu
completely agree with galina , anu , pawel , lara , sanam . Why remove all the threads especially LoT . Those works are wonderful and inspiring to everyone . Why delete them . Preserve them . Only give access to privilage members to post on forum . So spaming will reduce . Iam not satisfied with groups because it's not working smoothly on low speed connection . Please , please don't remove forum . PLEASE
protsenko2006
I do not understand why creat a groups? Information Groups floats down and find something that was previously very difficult to look through, pages on forum much more convenient. I think that everything that relates to the creative work of people should be left on the forum, so that people at any moment could use the information for their creative growth. Or just watch the beautiful work.

Consider, for example, Contest Arena. Members invest their labor in every job, but it will take some time and this work no one will see, the information will float away down and no one finds it. And no one will know what were the topics and what were the tasks and work. On forum, just click on an topic and the page. This, of course, is much more convenient.

I think that the groups are good for communication, questions and answers. Although, in my opinion, the forum and the chat is much more convenient

I think the forum is needed, no matter what issues were not addressed, all he needed. Forum - is the foundation of any site on the forum if there is life, hence the site alive and well.

Of course, a lot of spammers divorced, we need to Unite and fight all together against them
lenhudiel
QUOTE (evinelias @ Jul 6 2013, 11:38 AM) *
Its been a long time I am fighting for the restoration of old changes in m9. Not only me. My friends too. But It was useless. Admins are the one who decides and we can't change it. My personal experience. If you guys remember or not. There was a section named Question and Answer before and now its totally removed or deleted. The same going to happen here soon. I had shared a lot of my knowledge there. My hard work and dedication for that section to be the best answerer among all. Everything just went in vain. We all defended a lot to restore that section. But nobody listened. Their objection was that they created a new community section where people can Question and Answer regarding their doubts. But what about our old answers and stuffs?? I am not here for a fight. Only one thing to say again from my experience. WE ARE NO ONE TO DEFEND THE CHANGES OR DECISIONS MADE BY ADMINS BECAUSE ITS USELESS AND JUST A WASTE OF TIME.. So keep Moving with the flow and stay cool smile.gif

yeah i remember Q&A section too and i agree with you too, its useless to resist the incoming changes, but admins should make changes too in section: groups , in that way (groups) will be a better experience for old and new members. so we should be giving ideas to improve groups, galina mentions one important point is screenshot resolution in section: group is a real shame.
aliciawwp
@amdominator, You still can showcase your work in the Ringtones group using the Tips tab. =) With that, other people can easily comment easily on your every posts and you will get notification immediately too!

@kamrananjumsoj, can you tell me more details like what kind of features you cannot access to?

@galina, pawel, Nicque, mango, imsagi, irshadshalu and protsenko2006. I know your concern about the LOT, and I've thought about the issues you guys talked about before. But can you guys give us at least a month of trial period? We are improving the group features now and hopefully can do better for you guys. Don't say impossible when you haven't tried. Right? If the group really cannot work for you guys, then we will consider other alternative to do it. We have built a very good community here and I hope we can do better in future too! =)

@nicque, you still can move all your tutorials to group using the Tips tab. Just go to you forum tutorial click Edit post, then Select All content, copy & paste into the comment box and done!
deejssjyoutubechannel

@ alicia - amdo , nicque... they have a huge collection...so its impossible... to do such moving.. for them...

try to get the forum text editor to the groups

what do you feel guys about it?
Galina53
QUOTE (lenhudiel @ Jul 8 2013, 04:29 PM) *
its useless to resist the incoming changes

You are absolutely right. To us have not explained the reason of changes, but have apologised for the caused inconveniences. Means, the administration understands that these changes do not improve, and worsen conditions on a site for those who is engaged in creativity. And the reason not spam at a forum. If to struggle thus with spam, it is necessary to delete and files from a site. Under files there is spam considerable quantity. Remains only to regret for the destroyed works . sad.gif

Dear Alicia! Excuse, I did not see your post when wrote this message. You write that to you would give month of a trial period. You will create backup copies from a forum? If this month shows an inconsistency of changes, you can return all on the places? It would be logical to try at first new, and then to delete the old.

And why you write, what we have not tried? You know, how I like to participate in competitions. But in competition Arena I do not accept participation, only because all very inconveniently and is not present any presentation.
shalu2173
I strongly agree with @galina, pawel, Nicque, mango, imsagi, irshadshalu and protsenko2006 . Destroying the threads to create new groups looks like destroying the old pic after merging them in a collage. But one is forgetting that each pic had a memory associated and comments on it . The collage or grouping is just robbing away all this. I guess admins should give a second thought if a change is HIGHLY RESISTED by the Major Badge holders . I personally also feel it a loss though i inactive but a regular visitor to M9 and it's threads n showcase of work . I remember how Jasna (Jasnasto) asked me to follow some thread n see the showcased work to improve n read the comments n try to implement . I Feel it's not a good idea . Moving is advancement but do not destroy .
aliciawwp
QUOTE (deejssjyoutubechannel @ Jul 8 2013, 02:35 PM) *
@ alicia - amdo , nicque... they have a huge collection...so its impossible... to do such moving.. for them...

try to get the forum text editor to the groups

what do you feel guys about it?

QUOTE (Galina53 @ Jul 8 2013, 02:56 PM) *
QUOTE (lenhudiel @ Jul 8 2013, 04:29 PM) *
its useless to resist the incoming changes

You are absolutely right. To us have not explained the reason of changes, but have apologised for the caused inconveniences. Means, the administration understands that these changes do not improve, and worsen conditions on a site for those who is engaged in creativity. And the reason not spam at a forum. If to struggle thus with spam, it is necessary to delete and files from a site. Under files there is spam considerable quantity. Remains only to regret for the destroyed works . sad.gif

Dear Alicia! Excuse, I did not see your post when wrote this message. You write that to you would give month of a trial period. You will create backup copies from a forum? If this month shows an inconsistency of changes, you can return all on the places? It would be logical to try at first new, and then to delete the old.

And why you write, what we have not tried? You know, how I like to participate in competitions. But in competition Arena I do not accept participation, only because all very inconveniently and is not present any presentation.

@deejssjyoutubechannel, you have the point. I will consult with our programmers and see what we can do here. =)

@galina, If everything is really cannot work out for the contest of LOT theme making party, then I will consider to remain it in our forum just like other contests. However, for other threads I think it is necessary to change. I cannot promise that I can return all on places because it's our company final decision. But I will do whatever I can to help you guys to go through this changing process. =)
deejssjyoutubechannel
@deejssjyoutubechannel, you have the point. I will consult with our programmers and see what we can do here. =)

thanxx for replying...alicia...well i'll check you back.. byebye.gif
Galina53
QUOTE (aliciawwp @ Jul 9 2013, 07:43 PM) *
@galina, If everything is really cannot work out for the contest of LOT theme making party, then I will consider to remain it in our forum just like other contests. However, for other threads I think it is necessary to change. I cannot promise that I can return all on places because it's our company final decision. But I will do whatever I can to help you guys to go through this changing process. =)

Dear Alicia! Many thanks for understanding! I have been from the very beginning assured that you will make so! wub.gif clap.gif clap.gif clap.gif
mangotango7
Alicia wow! LOT will live? thank you very much!!!!!!!!!!
irshadshalu
Iam glad to hear that LOT will remain on forum :D . I wish this happens to other theme threads as well . smile.gif
deejssjyoutubechannel
also i request for groups ( MOS ) to remain! in its place...what do you say DJ's
kamrananjumsoj
hi how can i add cover photo
Viola53
Dear Alicia! I see, so that now there is not promotion on the forum. I think this is not correctly and would undermine the authority of the site. A great many users Mobile9 took part in competitions, not only for getting glasses in profile, but in order to get a promotion, badges. Now, when there is not promotion, everyone will go leave contest , as soon as they get the required number glasses.
As will now be encouraged participants of competitions?
I am more than a year participate in competitions for WPC , I have 60 participations, of which 31 wins. I never got encourage, because managers missed the last promotion. Now I'm going to lose everything?
CrazEric
I have a topic in Chat, Tutorials & Resources called "How To Install Blackberry Themes"
Every time I upload a blackberry theme I add a link to this topic.

It has 420 553 080 views!

There is no way that I'm going to answer this question 420 553 080 times over and over again!!!!!
So what am I suppose to do now? Delete all my bb themes or just leave M9 completely? mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif mad.gif

kewlone
omgsh i thought M9 was moving laugh.gif tongue.gif devil2.gif
lots of hard work gone surrender.gif
aliciawwp
@Viola53, all the contests will remain in the forum. So will the promotions and badges. You will not losing anything that you already have now. =)

@CrazEric, thanks for your feedback here. Some people had brought to my concern about this issue too. So now we are working on our system and seeking for every possibilities to solve this issue. Please, please, please give us some time. We will do everything we can for you guys.
CrazEric
Thank you I hope you can find a solution.
chootabheem
i wonder how would a person earn his/her chatterbox badge if forum is closed. And also what would be a new post be. I mean if we post in forum its called post. And how would it be there unsure.gif
chootabheem
or are u thinking to remove CHATTERBOX BADGE from achievements sad.gif
sahiljamwal786
very sad news!
Yoyocell
Just saw this thread and this really made me sad sad.gif there are a lot of memories will gone from now crybaby.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.