IPB

Closed TopicStart new topic
> Art Theft
siuni
post Feb 5 2013, 10:09 PM
Post #1

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 17278941

Hello, it comes to my attention that this website has a ton of stolen artwork which have been edited.

Here is one of the victims

She was blocked by said thief.
Shame on you.
If the original artist asks you to take her painting down, do it.

A group of people on deviantART are now searching up original artists to alert them.

There isn't a way to report the image itself for theft which is extremely careless.

ASK FOR PERMISSION TO TAKE AND MODIFY IT.( I highly doubt you'll be allowed to sell the modified artwork however ).

This post has been edited by siuni: Feb 5 2013, 10:22 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jen-Mania
post Feb 5 2013, 10:22 PM
Post #2

Group: Validating
Member No.: 17264538

If the thief only listen to my friend and gave me credit mmmaayyybbe this wouldn't happen.

+Quote Post
Aniwidgets
post Feb 7 2013, 02:03 AM
Post #3

Member No.: 15181547

QUOTE (siuni @ Feb 5 2013, 11:09 PM) *
Hello, it comes to my attention that this website has a ton of stolen artwork which have been edited.

Here is one of the victims

She was blocked by said thief.
Shame on you.
If the original artist asks you to take her painting down, do it.

A group of people on deviantART are now searching up original artists to alert them.

There isn't a way to report the image itself for theft which is extremely careless.

ASK FOR PERMISSION TO TAKE AND MODIFY IT.( I highly doubt you'll be allowed to sell the modified artwork however ).

They not selling the pictures they are simply releasing them for free. Yeah they should have gotten permission first but they are not selling them. I would think it was cool if someone used my artwork to make a cool animation as long as it was free. The person should have known though not to mess with deviantart as everyone is very protective there on their artwork.

+Quote Post
siuni
post Feb 7 2013, 04:27 PM
Post #4

Member No.: 17278941

QUOTE (Aniwidgets @ Feb 7 2013, 03:03 AM) *
They not selling the pictures they are simply releasing them for free. Yeah they should have gotten permission first but they are not selling them. I would think it was cool if someone used my artwork to make a cool animation as long as it was free. The person should have known though not to mess with deviantart as everyone is very protective there on their artwork.

I meant that as "if you wanted to sell it" not that they actually are. Though, you'll be surprised how many people are actually selling these in various locations on the webs.

http://fav.me/d5u5elp

People are noticing. Too bad not fast enough. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) ;

This post has been edited by siuni: Feb 7 2013, 04:28 PM

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th July 2014 - 05:50 PM