8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Resource: Encoding Mp4/3gp Videos
supermanspeed103
post Jun 16 2005, 11:27 AM
Post #46

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 149880

rechecked what i had it saved as. video was simply spelled wrong. got it working. thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Spawn
post Jun 16 2005, 11:41 AM
Post #47

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 126

glad you got it solved :)

+Quote Post
sjokkel
post Jun 21 2005, 07:02 AM
Post #48

Group: Members
Member No.: 41818

Great! I'm going to try this. No problems with licenses :D Thx !!

+Quote Post
sjokkel
post Jun 21 2005, 07:10 AM
Post #49

Member No.: 41818

Great! I'm going to try this. No problems with licenses :D Thx !!

+Quote Post
arihantarihant00...
post Jul 3 2005, 08:18 AM
Post #50

Member No.: 130757

kool dude!! thx a lot!

+Quote Post
autumn
post Jul 16 2005, 12:49 AM
Post #51

Member No.: 47154

Hi Spawn,
i've got a question for you, and i hope you dont mind what i did...
you know your guide for encoding with Mpegable X live?
i've edited that guide with settings that work better on my phone (motorola a835)
but i putted that guide online on my website.
i know its not right to copy someone elses work and say its yours.
but i added this on the bottem of the guide-->
And credit goes to Spawn, because i just edited a few things from his guide.

so i do give you credit, now my question is am i allowed to have this edited guide online with your permission, or should i take the site down? :(
the link to the site is http://www.mobile-vidz-guide.tk/
i hope you will give me permission, because most of my friends have olso the motorola a835 and these settiings works the best for them olso.
hope i'll get a reply soon on what to do and what you think.
im sorry if what i did was wrong...

+Quote Post
Brenf86
post Aug 2 2005, 08:38 AM
Post #52

Member No.: 174174

Hi I followed this guide

http://spawnweb.dk/mp4/

Everything worked fine but at the end of the guide were it says

Last step in this process is to merge these two files into one videofile with both video and audio that will play on our mobilephones. This is where the small mp4box utility is needed. Keep both files in the same folder together with the mp4box.exe and the mp4box.bat - and doubleclick the mp4box.bat file. The batchfile will then create a new file called movie.mp4 and this is your final movie and we are done :)

I double clicked the mp4box.bat file but I just got to seperate mp4 files. one was audio and 1 was video. I thought it was supposed to have just gave you 1 file with audio and the video together. Well I dunno I probibly dont something rong. But I hope you can help me out.

I did put the video file on my K750i though and the qaulity was very poor. So what do you think I did something to make it look not as good as the original video. The original size video is 33,199kb and I ended up with the video mp4 file size as 599kb. I have def done something rong here lol. Thanks for your guide though.

+Quote Post
Brenf86
post Aug 2 2005, 08:40 AM
Post #53

oh and I just downloaded a music video of limewire and the qaulity was very poor. Dose anybody recomend were I can get good quality videos to start of with.

+Quote Post
Brenf86
post Aug 2 2005, 08:49 AM
Post #54

Hi well I'm getting somewere with this. I did a different video and I managed to get that movie mp4 file after u double click the mp4box.bat file but when I put it on my phone the qaulity wasnt good at all. I dunno were I'm going rong but its just the quality of the finished video is bad.

+Quote Post
Spawn
post Aug 2 2005, 08:58 AM
Post #55

Group Icon

#autumn

No problem :)
Its there for free to be used as needed
Im only glad you were able to use it to find the best settings for the A835 :)

#Brenf86

See you got the file muxing fixed.

If the quality is poor and filesize smaller than expected, then you propably set the bitrate wrong.

(IMG:http://spawnweb.dk/mp4/7.gif)

Set profile level to @3
Encoding type single pass
And type something between 130 and 150 in the target bitratefield

+Quote Post
Brenf86
post Aug 2 2005, 09:44 AM
Post #56

Hi yes before I did set the bitrate wrong by mistake. So cheers. But now when I double click the mp4.bat file I do get a movie file but it only playssound on my phone. I still have the seperate audio and video file aswell. When I put the video file on my phone it says cannot play this video. Anway the final movie size is 4,518kb and the audio file is 1,105kb and the video file is 3,414 so its changed from before to more of a realistic file size.

Some of the 3gp music videos sometimes work the they say cannot be played aswell.

+Quote Post
Spawn
post Aug 2 2005, 09:59 AM
Post #57

Group Icon

If it cannot play the video, but plays sound youve propably set resolution wrong, it needs to be 176x144

If it wont play at all, I cant say whats wrong without having the video you encoded, it could be youve used wrong codec or wrong fps or wrong something completely different...

If it plays but stutters, the bitrate is to high.

You need to follow the guide exactly to the letter :)

Also you cant play any 3gp file you download, they have to have been encoded in proper standards for your phone. Not all 3gp files we see on the net are properly encoded. Far from it.
We see 3gp files with all kinds of nonstandard parameters, like resolution, fps etc.

This post has been edited by Spawn: Aug 2 2005, 10:04 AM

+Quote Post
Brenf86
post Aug 2 2005, 10:03 AM
Post #58

Well I wasnt actualy sure which codec to pick but when I press to convert the fil it did say nero aac so I'm assuming its right. When I didn download the codec it day say summat about registering with nero .5 or summat like that for the codec to work. But earlier the video came on my phone but poor quality because I set the confideration rong.

What do you think is up with the other video files i put on sometimes they work sometimes they wont lol. I dunno

This post has been edited by Brenf86: Aug 2 2005, 10:05 AM

+Quote Post
Spawn
post Aug 2 2005, 10:07 AM
Post #59

Group Icon

you cant play every 3gp file you download, they have to have been encoded in proper standards for your phone. Not all 3gp files we see on the net are properly encoded. Far from it.
We see 3gp files with all kinds of nonstandard parameters, like resolution, fps etc.

-------------

Can you upload a small sample of your own encodings that wont play ?

For instance on http://rapidshare.de (its free)

This post has been edited by Spawn: Aug 2 2005, 10:10 AM

+Quote Post
Brenf86
post Aug 2 2005, 10:36 AM
Post #60

well I went through it all again very slowly and I did make afeiw mistakes here and there so now it works fine it looks wicked. Its a michael jackson moonwalk collection.

Thanks for clearing that up about the 3gp's I didnt no that at all. Cheers for ya help and hope I havnt caused you any bothere.

But.. yes theres a but lol.

I wanna do my own video songs to put on my phone but the video songs I download of limewire aint ver good quality well there not compared to yours. Do you know were I can find some good quality video songs to download and put into mp4 myself. Cheers and thanks for your time.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th October 2014 - 01:25 AM