IPB
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
> How Long Does It Take You To Make A Theme?
Guest_-Um-_*
post Jan 2 2004, 12:15 PM
Post #16

Guests

For P900 I need 2 to 5 hours, for T610: 30 min to one hour.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Patrick
post Jan 2 2004, 12:23 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 3

@-UM-: i took 24 hours for a P900 theme :(

+Quote Post
Guest_-Um-_*
post Jan 2 2004, 05:20 PM
Post #18

Guests

QUOTE (expert_21 @ Jan 3 2004, 05:23 AM)
@-UM-: i took 24 hours for a P900 theme :(

haha, after hours and hours makeing themes, you really know how to do it and whats next, so everything goes faster.

My tips for makeing is:

1. Put all pictures in one place, one folder, for example, if you makeing "mobile9" theme, open folder "Mobile9 theme" and inside open new folder with name "pictures", in this folder insert all pictures (and more) that you'll use in theme.
2. You already have to decide how your theme will looks.
3. You have to open ALL folders on your desktop where everything is for makeing theme for P900.
4. Your P900 have to be connected ALL THE TIME to ypur comp, that you can see how the themes look like on phone.
5. The BIGEST HELP of all is this: open folder of your preveious theme, so you can see what is next you have to do, always use copy paste of files that you use again and dont make BIGEST mestake of looseing time :::

don't even think to close your bmconv.exe before you finished your theme, and dont jump from one .mbm fole to another before you finished the one you started!

This are my small tips, if you listen to this, you will save lets say at least 30 min.

Hope I helped. :haha:

+Quote Post
Sensei-Katana
post Jan 2 2004, 05:51 PM
Post #19

Group: Members
Member No.: 3612

About 20min to 1hr personally.

If the subject picture is a corker, then I can really race through the design of the theme pretty quickly as I'm more motivated as I do it.

Also I'm one of these ultimately tragic people that's memorised the dimensions of the individual components, so cutting and slicing bits of a picture up is much quicker than my first attempt. :haha:

+Quote Post
Spawn
post Jan 2 2004, 07:01 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 126

hahahaha - then Im tragic to - I also have them memorised :)

I forget my birthday, but I do remember the dimensions of these components :haha:

Im getting at the age where I can remember chasing the girls all the time when I was younger...................but I cant seem to remember why ?? :haha:

This post has been edited by Spawn: Jan 2 2004, 07:03 PM

+Quote Post
augustborn99
post Jan 2 2004, 09:25 PM
Post #21

Group Icon

Member No.: 1095

dammit, i still have a printed sheet of mos tutorial to get my popup highlightbars and the popup titles. i can never seem to remember those. :wallbash: you should see the sheet :haha:

+Quote Post
Vlammetje
post Jan 3 2004, 05:03 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 1851

I know them by heart for the Z600/T6x0 models, but have a sheet for the T68/T300 series :P

A simple theme takes me about 30 mins, a complicated one make take me much much longer as I usually go and re-invent Photoshop all by myself :haha: still cannot work with it evry well but hey, I'm learning ;)

+Quote Post
maampia
post Jan 3 2004, 11:06 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 1209

Yeah, but I remember my very first theme took me 3 hrs to finish :)

+Quote Post
beano
post Jan 5 2004, 04:20 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 1387

my first theme took about 2 hours, and it was sooo simple! Some of my latest themes have taken around 10 min, you might have noticed that I cheated a bit on some of my metal themes by recycling the same statusbars and softkeys images - bad, but still, they look ok, I mean there are only a few ways a bar can look like metal.

Its still fun :haha:

+Quote Post
rogue_uk
post Jan 5 2004, 09:10 AM
Post #25

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 3847

Yeah - my first theme probably took about 1.5 hours:

Tintin theme

Mainly carefully following the tutorial and the last .5 hour was probably testing. Luckily I have a laptop with bluetooth so transfer to the phone is quick.

Actually - the one I posted was probably about version 1.2 - had to experiment a little with some of the colours.

I imagine my next theme will actually take longer - still have to follow the tutorial (not yet remembered all the image sizes etc.) but this time will be more original with the softkeys (rather than using the one from the tutorial). Also, I was lucky that the theme I chose as my first one used similar colours to the defaults in ThemeCreatorPro - so I had less experimenting to do...

Luckily I am pretty good with PhotoShop...

+Quote Post
vinnieza
post Jan 5 2004, 10:14 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

Member No.: 850

when i first made themes, i practutly never used photoshop before :oops: but now i always use it and i've learnt some new things i can do with it to :)

+Quote Post
Pirate
post Jan 8 2004, 03:30 AM
Post #27

Member No.: 4946

for me i have t630.....it's easy to make a theme...the one takes 30 mins to finnish

until now....i made 5 themes http://www.mobile9.com/4images/search.php

-_-

This post has been edited by Pirate: Jan 8 2004, 03:31 AM

+Quote Post
Evrae
post Jan 8 2004, 09:22 AM
Post #28

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 1796

I usually try to make image myself unless its a topic or comercial theme that requires a photo. Then it takes me a few minutes, my crop/resize are presets so no more working out and you kind of get used to making your own style of theme, saying that I think I should change it as not won theme challenge but did get last months scorecard thing.
(Are you Bolton born and bred or just miss it? Couldnt miss it myself, been here 20 years nearly (God I feel old). Pirate with your BWFC theme)

+Quote Post
Pirate
post Jan 8 2004, 04:54 PM
Post #29

Member No.: 4946

no i'm not....just a club fan

+Quote Post
scubyd00
post Jan 11 2004, 02:52 PM
Post #30

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 1378

hey people :) it usually takes me about an hour now since i'm starting to play more with adobe 7. i was trying to play more with it when i was away on vacation but i didn't have that much time to going to disney land :) the longest part i guess is searching for a decent wallpaper and deciding whether it would look ok on my phone

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 07:12 AM