post Apr 4 2011, 02:40 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Themer
Member No.: 3359111

i am not a Hindu but i believe both in reincarnation and/or life after death

though i am not in a position to explain this

in my opinion,,,both terms are similar

According to the Hindu religious and philosophical concepts, man is composed of two fundamental principles opposed to each other per nature: one spiritual, the soul (atman), and the other material, the body (sarira). The atman is eternal, immutable, not born, not created, indestructible; instead, the body is temporal, created, mutable, destructible. The union between atman and body is not essential, but is accidental It is a type of imprisonment or a penalty which the atman has to undergo due to avidya and karma, to which it is associated from all eternity. Avidya and karma are two basic presuppositions of Hinduism. They have no beginning because they did not have a beginning. It is therefore a truth that transcends every intellectual explanation.

The nature of birth, that is, the condition of the body to which the atman gets united, depends on karma. Karma (Pali, Kamma, Tib., las; Chin., yeh or yin-k1lo; Jpn., go or inga), based on the Sanskrit verbal root he, signifies action, every sort of action, whether good or bad, meritorious or non-meritorious, religious or worldly; here, however, karma signifies the moral debit of the actions which one has done. Every action inevitably produces its own fruit (phala), and the subject (actor) has necessarily to experience all the consequences of his own actions. A person's behavior leads irrevocably to an appropriate reward or punishment commensurate with that behavior.6 It is the inevitable law of retribution or the law of karma. It is the law of cause and effect applied to the life of every individual, law according to which every one gathers the fruit of what one has sowed or undergoes the effect of his own actions.

The effects of all the actions which a person does cannot be experienced (lived) during one single existence, because while the subject (actor) experiences the fruit of some act, does other actions in the meantime, and therefore gains new fruits which have to be exper~enced. From this fact is deduced that the atman (soul) has to be reborn repeatedly. So it is believed that the soul from all eternity is undergoing birth and rebirth due to this inviolable law of karma. Thus is born the doctrine of the transfiguration of the soul. It is a corollary of the doctrine of karma.

......quoted.......
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
technokid1974
post Apr 4 2011, 03:18 PM
Post #33

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 736652

I am Christian Orthodox and my belief is as Jesus teach us do good on this earth as the teachings of God say to do we will
be awarded when the time will come to leave this fake world and go to heaven but 4 the bad evil people on this world there reword will be hell
burn in fire for ever even the evil the devil him self when the time of judgement time comes they them self will burn in hell for ever and ever...

i cant see how we come on this earth 4 no reason coz if there was no reason no point on doing good just party get drunk sex just have fun till
we die but knowing there is something waiting 4 us after our time comes to leave this place so by this makes us do good but its as shame people
think this world is the glory so they kill steel greed power and forget that the evil side is playing games with there heads so they lose out and go to hell
and never see the beautiful place in heaven...

so my answer is BIG yes i truly believe in Life After Death......

+Quote Post
christina86
post Apr 4 2011, 04:28 PM
Post #34

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 1844784

I never really came to think about life after death or reincarnation, but I don't really believe in them, so it 's a no for both questions.

+Quote Post
Defil3d
post Apr 4 2011, 05:30 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 1904905

Life after death, yes. I do believe in a couple theories. Firstly, in a religious sense, I believe you will either go to Heaven or Hell, depending on your walk with God, or how much you sin. My other theory is, when you die, your soul is "free", and is now able to roam, or explore the Earth, and the Universe as far as it goes. With this theory, I believe that you will be able to communicate and cooperate with other "freed souls". - Getting back to the religious part, I also think that living down here on Earth in flesh and blood, is training and preparing us for what will be next, after death.

Reincarnation, although I'm not as too believed in this, I do rather think it could be possible. What I think is, when you die, you will start a new life, with what you were wanting the most with, out of your previous life. I'll explain this better. Say right now, you wish you were smarter, or better looking, or more witty, or rich, well that is what you will get in your next life, or maybe not, it could turn out to be the total opposite of what you were wanting, like Karma. When I was young, I had the thought of, when you die, you get to pick what you want to be next.. another person, or an animal, or reptile, whatever you wanted. But that is most likely not the case.

This post has been edited by Defil3d: Apr 4 2011, 05:33 PM

+Quote Post
akrmony
post Apr 4 2011, 05:36 PM
Post #36

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 6093079

QUOTE (rohan89devil @ Apr 4 2011, 06:20 PM) *
QUOTE (kewlone @ Apr 4 2011, 06:45 AM) *
any topic for support (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Didn't get you??? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Hi kewlone...a firm NO from my side.

+Quote Post
jaimebautista09
post Apr 4 2011, 05:47 PM
Post #37

Group: Members
Member No.: 7778455

why? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wallbash.gif)

+Quote Post
rohan89devil
post Apr 4 2011, 09:18 PM
Post #38

Member No.: 4244271

QUOTE (kewlone @ Apr 4 2011, 12:41 PM) *
@ Rohan >>> a quick question are there more than one versions of Gita in your religion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) thats amazing piece of info!

The Gita is originally in Sanskrit and has no versions as such. Its just that people have interpreted it in different ways and in different languages. Gita is actually the conversation between Krishna and Arjuna before the battle of Mahabharata. According to the Mahabharata, before the battle, Arjuna was feeling terrible about fighting his own family. So, Krishna gave him the teachings about life and death and these teachings are the ones given in the Gita. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE (kewlone @ Apr 4 2011, 12:41 PM) *
it sounds supernatural isnt it Rohan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) but i have to share this with you all, in my medical class (surgical terminology) while doing neurology our professor said that near death ,due to chemical imbalance or neurons not working the person starts hallucinating, this is medical or scientific reason , but she said her mom (right before her death) told her that she is seeing god and pointing at him too. another girl from the class told when her grandma was dying saw a soul/spirit in the room too few minutes after that she died. also my great grandma before she died said she got food from an angel and that the food was from heaven (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif) we all thought that its hallucination but all these incidents are similar in nature , as i was reading Bible , Koran all have it about life after death and the angels involved (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

so somehow i feel personally that it does point out to a life after the Earth/Universe ends , not just one life , its that correct (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Even I've heard about such instances (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Some say they see bright light, some say that they can see god extend his hand towards them etc.

I too do believe that something mystical happens when a person dies (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

My grandparents, both maternal and paternal, died in their sleeps, peacefully (IMG:http://www.cool-smileys.com/images/angel8.gif) So I don't know what they saw (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
rohan89devil
post Apr 4 2011, 09:51 PM
Post #39

QUOTE (thabull @ Apr 4 2011, 06:47 AM) *
p.s. 1 Rohan talked about the "Law of Conservation of Energy"..... he forgets though about entropy...... and that when energy is transformed it never can be transformed 100% to a single another form. there are always losses (usually in thermal energy). so a question comes to my mind (cause i like rohan's theory)..... what happens to that amount of energy that remains after a transform? and considering that population of earth is constantly rising, where does this energy comes from? (since the "law" says that no energy is lost and no energy is produced from "nothing")
just some "food" for your mind too.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I thought about it a lot and I think I've come to a great scientific conclusion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

"The Food Chain"

The energy keeps on getting transferred through out the food chain (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Now let's elaborate this a bit...

Let's say a human being dies, the energy it had gets distributed among the plants, the microorganisms and other beings as well. With time, they give birth to off-springs, i.e., fruits from plants/trees give birth to another seedling of the same type and microorganisms keep on multiplying continuously. Now, these are consumed by some other living being and so on...

And the question of the population explosion can be answered by the fact that as the human population is rising, the animals and trees are continuously decreasing due to the cutting of the forests and various other ways hence it is a counterbalancing act of nature.

(IMG:http://i56.tinypic.com/2lc5mk9.gif)

This post has been edited by rohan89devil: Apr 4 2011, 10:02 PM

+Quote Post
Guest_CLEOPATTRA_*
post Apr 4 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #40

Guests

don't suport such beliefs...don't blame others if they wanna believe it.................

THIS AND NOW IS ALL YOU GOT. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rockon.gif)

+Quote Post
manola2
post Apr 5 2011, 01:31 AM
Post #41

Group Icon

Group: Gifted DJ
Member No.: 4411692

well... two times yes from me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
i dont know why...i cant explain it..i just WANT to believe that our life will not over like a game on pc (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
and what is a real faith? its belief in something you cant see, nor explain..without proofs:)

+Quote Post
thabull
post Apr 5 2011, 01:54 AM
Post #42

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Themer
Member No.: 613363

QUOTE (rohan89devil @ Apr 4 2011, 07:14 PM) *
By the way I did not forget about entropy, I just felt lazy and didn't mention it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (mohib-rameen @ Apr 4 2011, 08:03 PM) *
there are very convincing reasons to believe in life after death:

1) All the Prophets of God have called their people to believe in it.

2) Whenever a human society is built on the basis of this belief, it has been the most ideal and peaceful society, free of social and moral evils.

3) History bears witness that whenever this belief is rejected collectively by a group of people in spite of the repeated warning of the Prophet, the group as a whole has been punished by God even in this world.

4) Moral, aesthetic and rational faculties of man endorse the possibility of the life after death.

5) God’s attributes of Justice and Mercy have no meaning if there is no life after death.

with all the respect mo, (cause we r entering religion issues here and i really don't want to be disrespectful to any religion) some thoughts.....
first of all, i hope that u know how many similarities Koran and the Bible have (i mean the two religions). sometimes, i feel that the only difference is that they give to the supreme being a different name... (but this is another discussion). so i'd like to say some thoughts on your conincing reasons.....
all the reason u gave are included to the 5th one.if u believe in god, u believe in life after death...... there is no explanation, there can be no explanation in this.....
we r just talking here about our beliefs....... and belief has nothing to do with proof
as for the others i have many reasonable answers (like if i don't believe in koran or bible who tells me that the prophets are right and i can name u many great crimes that society did in the name of religion)

QUOTE (rohan89devil @ Apr 5 2011, 07:51 AM) *
QUOTE (thabull @ Apr 4 2011, 06:47 AM) *
p.s. 1 Rohan talked about the "Law of Conservation of Energy"..... just some "food" for your mind too.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I thought about it a lot and I think I've come to a great scientific conclusion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

"The Food Chain"

The energy keeps on getting transferred through out the food chain (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Now let's elaborate this a bit...

Let's say a human being dies, the energy it had gets distributed among the plants, the microorganisms and other beings as well. With time, they give birth to off-springs, i.e., fruits from plants/trees give birth to another seedling of the same type and microorganisms keep on multiplying continuously. Now, these are consumed by some other living being and so on...

And the question of the population explosion can be answered by the fact that as the human population is rising, the animals and trees are continuously decreasing due to the cutting of the forests and various other ways hence it is a counterbalancing act of nature.

(IMG:http://i56.tinypic.com/2lc5mk9.gif)

i also thought of that rohan...... and i must say that i agree in the general idea. but we have to include there all elements of this planet (why do we consider plants as part of the energy?) energy is the soul, the material body... everything. in your example u r talking only about the material. i am talking about the souls. so the souls of the animals (taht are getting fewer) transforms to soul in a human form and vise versa.
soul is a unique quantity that distributes or can be distributed itself? (i mean that 1 human will make 1 animal or from i human can be many animals?) and if the 2nd is right does the amount of soul-energy included to a body is related to the size of the body? meaning that 1 human creates 1.000.000 ants and we need 1.000.000.000 ants to create an elephant?
also what happens to the human body that turns to ashes? don't we loose the energy from the material there?
food chain theory in good for the material part, but our main issue here is the spiritual.....
i'm sure u'll come back on that....
i will too... (cause i'm a hurry right now and wrote the first thoughts came to mu mind.....)

This post has been edited by thabull: Apr 5 2011, 01:57 AM

+Quote Post
KingArian
post Apr 5 2011, 03:55 AM
Post #43

Group: Members
Member No.: 6506819

first one, YES
second, NO

+Quote Post
rohan89devil
post Apr 5 2011, 04:51 AM
Post #44

QUOTE (thabull @ Apr 5 2011, 01:54 AM) *
i also thought of that rohan...... and i must say that i agree in the general idea. but we have to include there all elements of this planet (why do we consider plants as part of the energy?) energy is the soul, the material body... everything. in your example u r talking only about the material. i am talking about the souls. so the souls of the animals (taht are getting fewer) transforms to soul in a human form and vise versa.
soul is a unique quantity that distributes or can be distributed itself? (i mean that 1 human will make 1 animal or from i human can be many animals?) and if the 2nd is right does the amount of soul-energy included to a body is related to the size of the body? meaning that 1 human creates 1.000.000 ants and we need 1.000.000.000 ants to create an elephant?
also what happens to the human body that turns to ashes? don't we loose the energy from the material there?
food chain theory in good for the material part, but our main issue here is the spiritual.....
i'm sure u'll come back on that....
i will too... (cause i'm a hurry right now and wrote the first thoughts came to mu mind.....)

Well...first of all, I think that plants and trees do have souls in them since they do respire, grow and die the same way the other living beings do. Most of us do not think of them as living because they do not move or bleed or speak or have any visible organs etc. They too are made up of cells, just the way we are. Hence, I believe that plants are living and hence have souls. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Secondly, I was talking in terms of the number of souls (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Let us assume that there are about 100 souls in the world (just an assumption (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) ). Now, distribute these 100 souls among the total number of species possible. Here's a pie chart of it to help in illustrating the point more clearly.

Now, consider this, the humans start to mate in excess and produce their younglings at a higher rate than as compared to the death rate, hence, needing more land to live and consuming more food. To live, they cut down the forests hence, many animals and plants/trees die due to this. Also, the humans consume trees and plants for wood, food and other necessities and also consume the animals for food, leather etc. Now if we take a look at the pie chart, it will look something like this :-

Hence, the number of souls are still 100 but the ratio among the various species has changed. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Now imagine this in real life scenario, there must be trillions of species in total i.e. trillions of souls. Now, the records say that the total human population on earth is approximately 6.8 billion which was approximately 1 billion during the 1800s(again according to the records). Also, if you take a look at the fact that how many species are now extinct.

Hence, the number of souls is still the same. Just the number of species have changed(either increased or decreased) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

This post has been edited by rohan89devil: Apr 5 2011, 04:52 AM

+Quote Post
srimunnamunna
post Apr 5 2011, 05:32 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

Group: Legendary DJ
Member No.: 3519269

QUOTE (topmanner1 @ Apr 4 2011, 08:09 AM) *
I believe in life after death and reincarnation,this is my personal view.I hope the following information helps you in some way enna,good luck for your speech.(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Life After Death
According to Hinduism theory the body is made up of five elements, known as mahabhutas. These are earth, fire, water, air and ether. After the death of a person, elements of the gross body merges into the gross elements of the earth, which are basically the earth, fire, water and air, while the subtle bodies (Jiva constituting prana, manas and vignana ) go to the subtle or ethereal worlds along with the soul. After exhausting karma in each of these planes and shedding the respective bodies there, the soul returns again to earth with a few memories and samskaras of the life to undergo further evolution.

Heaven and hell are just two worlds, which are not necessarily the only places to which human beings go after death. Heavenly or Hell existence is not permanent. It is the karma which is the ultimate deciding factor and it is through karma a person moves in the labyrinth of worlds, till he or she is permanently released into the highest abode of God.

Reincarnation
Coming to reincarnation a soul reincarnates again and again on earth till it becomes perfect and reunites with it Source. During this process the soul enters into many bodies, assumes many forms and passes through many births and deaths. This concept is summarily described in the following verse of the Bhagavad gita:

"Just as a man discards worn out clothes and puts on new clothes, the soul discards worn out bodies and wears new ones."

A human being has to live many lives and under go many experiences before it attains perfection and becomes one with the Divine. The Hindu theory of creation suggests that creation begins when the individual souls becomes separated from the undifferentiated One. It continues as the evolution of life and consciousness in matter progresses. During this process some of souls journey back to God through the transformation of matter in which they were hidden. The remaining souls continue their existence and rejoin him in the end, not through transformation but through a process of great destruction. Thus the great cycle of creation, stretching over millions of years, comes to its logical end.

Depending upon the merits of the previous deeds, a being may evolve into higher life forms or regress temporarily into a lower life form. However, due to some peculiar circumstances, if an individual takes birth as a lower life form, he can still reverse the process. He can change his present actions and establish a basis for his forward movement again.

That the theory of reincarnation is not a mere theory, but an actual fact is being now established beyond reasonable doubt. Many instances have now come to light where individuals were able to recollect their past lives through a process of regression or by other means. The theory still baffles many, while many others refuse to acknowledge it because of intense prejudice.

what raj said is true words (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post

5 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 01:29 AM