Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Taj Mahal, topic for speech
kewlone
post Feb 21 2011, 04:33 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: WPC Manager
Member No.: 6007542

The Taj Mahal - is the topic i chose for informative speech in my communication class!
i decided to speak on this topic becoz i believe i have more Indian friends (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) and i honestly wanted to explore more about Indian History and to begin with i decided to speak on the most beautiful buildings in History (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

so what i want is a little more information on Taj Mahal from Indian Community here, please dont google and leave a passage here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) , i want you to share something interesting you know about Taj Mahal or if you have a book on it , then please mention the title, author's name along with the passage you would love to share (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) and i will include your name in the speech (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) thanks in adv. for any knowledge you may contribute (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

This post has been edited by kewlone: Feb 21 2011, 04:42 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AMDOMINATOR
post Feb 21 2011, 06:25 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Member No.: 1575954

Ah Enna (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

I'll Be Happy To Share My Knowledge With You.

So Here's Something

Taj Mahal Is One of the Seven Wonders of the World. It is considered to be A mark Of Love. Its a monument with immeasurable beauty even words are to less to describe. The Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan erected the Taj Mahal in the memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. Shah Jahan met Mumtaz Mahal at the age of fourteen and fell in love at the first sight. She was a Muslim Persian princess and Shah Jahan was the son of the Mughal Emperor Jehangir. In The Year 1612 they got married. Mumtaz Mahal was an inseparable companion of Shah Jahan. She died in year 1631, while giving birth to their 14th child. Some people believe that during her last moments, Mumtaz Mahal obtained a promise from Shah Jahan that he will build world's most beautiful monument in her memory. But this is not proven till date. Regardless of the beliefs Shah Jahan did build a magnificent monument as a tribute to her wife, which we today know as the Taj Mahal. Shah Jahan himself also lies entombed in this mausoleum along with his wife.

Taj Mahal Situated In The State Of Utter Pradesh Was Constructed On The Banks Of The River Yamuna In The City Of Agra.
Its Construction Started In The Year 1631. It Took Around 22 Years To Build This Monument. Its Is Made Completely Out Of White Marble Which At That Time Was Imported In India From Central Asia. It Took Around 20,000 Laborers And Around 800-1000 Elephants. The Expenditure Of The Whole Construction Approximately 32 Million Rupees Which Would Probably Be Around 68000 USD. The Construction Was Completed In The Year 1653.

This post has been edited by AMDOMINATOR: Feb 21 2011, 06:47 PM

+Quote Post
raj_1627
post Feb 21 2011, 07:18 PM
Post #3

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 7064252

Wow amdo bro gave u full information (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) but i know something that i sud share.people say that shah jahan planed to make to two taj mahal one for his wife and 2nd for himself.he planed that 2nd taj would be opposite to taj mahal but in black colour.but he couldn't make it possible cause the lack of money(he spent alot money on real taj mahal) and also before he make it possible he was died. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/crybaby.gif)

+Quote Post
AMDOMINATOR
post Feb 21 2011, 07:15 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 1575954

Actually There have been many disputes over the question that "Was there a Black Taj Mahal". Some ruins of a black marble structure are said to have been found across the river. These ruins are believed to be those of the alleged Black Taj Mahal. However, later, it was discovered that the marble that was used had become black from staining and was not originally white.

---

Some people also beileve that the craftsmen who had taken part in the construction of the Taj were disfigured after its completion. It is said that Shah Jahan got the hands of his architects and sculptors cut off so that they may never be able to build a monument as magnificent as the Taj again in their lifetime.

--

Well This Is All I Could Think For Now.

Enna I Hope You Find It Useful (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by AMDOMINATOR: Feb 21 2011, 07:22 PM

+Quote Post
Raindeer123
post Feb 21 2011, 11:04 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Gone
Member No.: 7779151

At enna (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) amdo gave u complete brief of Taj Mahal in short (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) but sharing knowledge is good so here is mine (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Taj Mahal stands in the city of Agra, in the northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh, on the banks of the Yamuna River. It was built in the memory of the beautiful Arjumand Bano Begum, who won the heart of a Mughal prince. She was married at 21 to Emperor Jahangir’s third son Prince Khurram and stayed loyally by his side through good times and bad: in the luxurious royal palaces of Agra as well as the transient tents of war camps. In AD 1628, Khurram became king after a bloody battle of succession: he took the name Shahjahan or “King of the World” and showered his beloved begum with the highest titles. She became Mumtaz Mahal, the exalted of the palace and Mumtaz-ul-Zamani, the exalted of the Age. But Mumtaz Mahal was not destined to be queen for long.

In 1631, Shahjahan went on an expedition to the south and, as always, Mumtaz Mahal accompanied him. But she died in childbirth at Burhanpur. She had borne Shahjahan fourteen children, of whom four sons and three daughters survived. When Mumtaz Mahal died, she was just 39 years old. Shahjahan was inconsolable and contemporary chronicles tell of the royal court mourning for two years. there was no music, no feasting, and no celebration of any kind

+Quote Post
kewlone
post Feb 21 2011, 11:05 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

wow guys you are just wonderful (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) i love the black taj mahal's info too, something unique and interesting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

also about the workers i heard they were killed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif) well how can i testify this , any book its mentioned (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

guess what i found 3 newspaper clips from 1800s from New York Times and The Washington Post about it, i was so thrilled by looking at the date (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

@ raindeer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) thanks buddy great piece of info (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

This post has been edited by kewlone: Feb 21 2011, 11:07 PM

+Quote Post
Raindeer123
post Feb 21 2011, 11:11 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Gone
Member No.: 7779151

You are welcome anytym (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
rohan89devil
post Feb 22 2011, 12:12 AM
Post #8

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 4244271

Wow!!!

Dom has explained most of the stuff that I know of (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Great job bro (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

I'll give some basic facts (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Taj Mahal is situated on the bank of Yamuna river which flows right behind the monument.

It is said to be the finest example of Mughal architecture which shows the influence of Persian, Turkish and Indian architectural styles.

Mumtaz Mahal actually died in Burhanpur, Madhya Pradesh and was buried there for a temporary period of time and later on shifted to the Taj Mahal after its completion.

Death of his beloved wife was a major set back for Shah Jahan. Shah Jahan went into depression and was ill for quite a long duration due to which Dara, his and Mumtaz's eldest son, took the rule in his hands causing a rift amongst his brothers. Although Shah Jahan had recovered, his son ,Aurangzeb, put him under house arrest in the Agra Fort regarding him as inept to rule anymore. Shah Jahan was kept in a room through which he could see the Taj Mahal daily.

After his death, Shah Jahan was buried next to Mumtaz Mahal's tomb. The tomb of Mumtaz Mahal is aligned centrally with the structure. Hence, the tomb of Shah Jahan is said to be the only asymmetrical part of the Taj Mahal.

Due to the dome structure of the Taj Mahal, it does not have any pillars. The actual graves of the couple are beneath the main chamber which contains the replica of the original ones. The ornate designs and the mosaic patterns were made by inlaying the most exquisite and the most exotic jewels of that time.

There have been various claims and controversies surrounding the Taj Mahal. It was claimed that the Taj Mahal was originally a Shiva Temple built by an Indian king which was taken over by the Mughals and converted into a tomb. But all such speculations are regarded as empty claims.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this was helpful (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
kewlone
post Feb 21 2011, 11:53 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

here's what i found about black taj mahal http://english.ntdtv.com/ntdtv_en/ns_asia/...6911744868.html

thanks Rohan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

This post has been edited by kewlone: Feb 22 2011, 12:18 AM

+Quote Post
rohan89devil
post Feb 22 2011, 12:01 AM
Post #10

QUOTE (kewlone @ Feb 22 2011, 12:05 AM) *
also about the workers i heard they were killed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif) well how can i testify this , any book its mentioned (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

These occurrences are unaccounted. They never kept any records of such events back then.

Some say that the hands of the workers were cut off, some say they were blinded but there is no record relating to this deed.

+Quote Post
rohan89devil
post Feb 22 2011, 12:34 AM
Post #11

Read this about the Black Taj Mahal -> Click Here

This post has been edited by rohan89devil: Feb 22 2011, 12:21 AM

+Quote Post
kewlone
post Feb 22 2011, 12:21 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Thanks Rohan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

as i can see in these websites that these are myths (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) so it could be added in the speech about the myths of Black Taj Mahal (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)
and that the workers hands were cut off (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

i am getting excited now to start with this speech (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

+Quote Post
rohan89devil
post Feb 22 2011, 12:33 AM
Post #13

The mystique of the Taj Mahal is due to the fact that there are no evidences of these events. There is a possibility of such occurrences happening, but due to no record they are considered as myths. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

You can end your speech by leaving the audience in the mid air about these facts. Leave it to them to imagine what's true and what's not. Ending it in a mysterious fashion will give the speech a magical touch. Just a thought. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

By the way, Glad that I could help (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

This post has been edited by rohan89devil: Feb 22 2011, 12:57 AM

+Quote Post
kewlone
post Feb 22 2011, 01:00 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

omgosh thanks Rohan (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) i was lost with ending but yes now i know how to end my speech (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

my first speech about the occasions celebrated in Arab countries was messed up in the end (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i forgot my speech and all that time i was holding the piece of paper in my hand , my legs were shaking and hands were cold (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) anxiety /stage fright , which i think i will never overcome (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
rohan89devil
post Feb 22 2011, 01:16 AM
Post #15

Stage fright is a common phenomenon. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

To tell you the truth, I too get that alot. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The thing is to channelize this fright into confidence and orate clearly and confidently. Also, interact with the audience, not the ceiling (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

A handy tip - You'll find some people in the audience you are not that intimidated by. Keep changing your focus to such people whom you feel relaxed with. Don't stare at them the whole time but shift your focus to them whenever you start to feel conscious. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Before the speech, try practicing it on an audience like family members or friends. Keep your head calm, take deep breaths before entering the podium cuz lack of oxygen to brain also causes anxiety. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Final word of advice, if ever you get stuck at a point or fumble with words, don't let that take you down completely. Move on with the rest of the speech. Keep telling yourself that you are doing great. Do not think about what others might be thinking. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Best of luck with the speech (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Hit me if you need any more help. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 07:39 AM