Closed TopicStart new topic
> Thememakers- who inspired you?
vinnieza
post Dec 14 2003, 03:50 PM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 850

i've just come accross this topic at esato and wondered how did you all get into theme making and who inspired you?

With me, it was spawn who inspired me to start theme making, as his themes where so good and i wanted ago, then i made my first theme and couldn't stop :P

and now there's lots of great theme makers :good:

This post has been edited by vinnieza: Dec 14 2003, 03:52 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
beano
post Dec 14 2003, 05:24 PM
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 1387

Lets see now...

I got into theme making because I finished uni and holidays can be boring. What inspired me was that I couldn't find a Monsters Inc. theme anywhere so I made one. What also inspired me was that some of the themes I downloaded looked good on screen but bad on the phone so I tried to make some myself that still had the good colours... Its really annoying when you make one and it looks kickass, but when you put it on your phone it looks bad, especially when you just spent hours making it!

So thats my story. Then after a while I got degilled in a robbery attempt so needed gils, so the rest of my themes were an attemp at earning some gils. And of course I did it for the enjoyment!!!

+Quote Post
oppy
post Dec 14 2003, 06:38 PM
Post #3

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 26

was it just me or did anyone else find beano story interesting. i really enjoyed reading that for some odd reason :haha:

+Quote Post
beano
post Dec 14 2003, 07:27 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Are you serious? You can't be....

I hope i didn't offend anyone when I said stuff about the colours not showing up right when you put it on the phone, so far all the themes I've downloaded from mobile9 are great! I was referring to other theme sites when I made that comment. hope I'm not in trouble with anyone :oops:

+Quote Post
oppy
post Dec 14 2003, 07:34 PM
Post #5

Member No.: 26

i'm sure you didn't offend nobody as everyone who download themes should know what your talking about as i know what you mean from the wav ringtones i make. sometimes they sound great the quality and everything on the computer but when i transfer them to the phone sometimes its real low or disorder

+Quote Post
Vlammetje
post Dec 15 2003, 01:22 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Member No.: 1851

Inspired......... I think it was august who suggested thememaking to me.... and so I did..... and now I'm hooked ;)

+Quote Post
vinnieza
post Dec 15 2003, 01:28 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

@beano, i know what you mean, it's like my T68i theme, i made the titles embossed and it didn't look right on my phone :( better stick with T610 and if i make another T68i one to use colours instead :good:

+Quote Post
Carlsb3rg
post Dec 15 2003, 03:23 AM
Post #8

Member No.: 12

For me it was MO's thememaking guide.. it was a very easy guide, so I gave it a shot.

+Quote Post
tenax
post Dec 15 2003, 03:38 AM
Post #9

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 13

For me it was everyone on this site, sad to say I only started logging in to MOB9 for the free ringtones but then looking at some of the themes I just sort of got into the site. Probaly the biggest inspirtaion for the themes though was vlam and her fantasy themes :good:

+Quote Post
Vlammetje
post Dec 15 2003, 05:16 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Member No.: 1851

woooow :)

+Quote Post
Spawn
post Dec 15 2003, 10:58 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Member No.: 126

:good:

For me it started when the T310 was first released - loved that phone - and immedately started working with personalisation of the phone. Ive never been interested in phones before, but the T310 got me hooked.
Now I have the T310, T610 and P800 (and an Alcatel735 I gave my kid - just so that I could toy with it) - the T610 is my favourite. Its such a hamornic phone - functionality and looks blends so nice in this phone.
Since then, well you all know Ive been a sucker for making themes, its relaxing and it brings out that litle bit of creativity that is hidden under my normal workskin :)

+Quote Post
verysoon
post Dec 15 2003, 12:36 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 4193

it was into making themes even before i joined any forums. actually i feels that the normal way of putting wallpaper from "my picture" is a waste of real estate; the phone res is 128x120. i was looking at SE original theme & notice their top & bottom bar (at the time i didn't know the proper names) always matches the wall paper.

so i search the net & stumble on ThemeCreatorPro. from there, i only made a couple and that's it. i m happy with my manga-bike.

now i make theme is to learn photoshop. it's hard to learn anything if there's no interest. so i guess theme making is actually quite fun.

then i joined esato forum to look for bluetooth info. i gate-crush into spawn's party; he's good. asked his help to amend one of my theme. then i met august, maampia, vlam & a lot more. got tips & help along the way. brought here & the rest is history.

thanks everyone for sharing...... (i sounds like a self-improvement anonymous group member)

+Quote Post
vinnieza
post Dec 15 2003, 12:57 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

learn more on photoshop, too right i've learnt loads about photoshop now from tip people have told me, theme making and doing my own research :good:

+Quote Post
beano
post Dec 15 2003, 11:11 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Speaking of learning from photoshop, has anyone worked out how to do shiny metal for themes? I looked up some stuff on search engine on how to do it, but when you shrink it down to T610 size it looks crap...

I want to make an all metal theme...

+Quote Post
augustborn99
post Dec 16 2003, 02:24 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Member No.: 1095

off topic off topic
QUOTE (beano @ Dec 16 2003, 04:11 PM)
Speaking of learning from photoshop, has anyone worked out how to do shiny metal for themes?  I looked up some stuff on search engine on how to do it, but when you shrink it down to T610 size it looks crap...

I want to make an all metal theme...

you talking about a metal wallpaper you want to resize? sometimes it just better to cut out a 128 x 160 chunk out of the metal wallpaper instead of resizng that way you still see the metal grain. if you have no alternative but to resize, your best bet is to use the unsharpen mask after you resize. if you want to discuss this further, pls. redirect replies in "photoshoppers"nthread

*BTW, are you "in" in this weeks theme competition?
off topic off topic

This post has been edited by augustborn99: Dec 16 2003, 02:27 AM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th September 2014 - 07:12 AM