IPB
> M9 Interviews The Queen Of Whip, Pantoflica
ArthurWill
post Jun 8 2010, 02:05 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

She is probably the only person in M9 to have soooooo many badges in her profile. Junior Admin, RC Manager, Legendary DJ, Certified Designer, Contest Sage, Community Superstar, Gallery MVP, Site Contributor - 8 badges in total! A while ago, she jokingly asked if we'll change our profile design soon, cause she is running out of place for those badges.

Yup, I think lots of you already know who I am talking about - the one & only Pantoflica, aka Jasmina.

Hello Jasmina! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to do an interview with you.
Hi to you too and to all m9ers who is reading this interview (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

All of us know who you are - RC Manager, RC/WPC Queen, Contest Sage, M9 Admin ... what about giving us a brief intro to the Pantoflica that we don't know?
I didn't know I am all that??! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
My name is Jasmina (even i think most of people in here already knows that), I am physical therapist running my own business - small massage salon (BTW.. did i say i hate my boss? lol). I love animals, have lots of pets and i don't eat meat. I can't imagine my life without music. Most of my free time over the day I spend on Mobile9 or entertaining my neighbours with my singing in the bathroom.

You are a massage therapist & a vegetarian? Now that's really something I don't know before. What about the story behind the name Pantoflica?
I guess you all expected some "dirty" secret under that name but I am going to disappoint you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
Actually that nickname was used by my sister on some gaming site. When she got bored of playing she told me I can use her account. So I did. When I was signing up in Mobile9 i didn't have any idea what to pick so I used that one. As far as I know it doesn't mean anything at all. Boring, huh? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Well, not boring at all. We probably expect more superheroine type backstage story. But hey, things don't have to be always so complicated!(IMG:http://www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Default/grin.gif)
How did you find M9? And what makes you stay in this community for soooo long? 3 years!

I remember I bought new Sony Ericsson phone ... and wanted to get some new themes for it. So I used Google and here I am! I did find themes but also - which is more important - great friends in here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) And they are the reason why you all can't get rid of me hehehe (IMG:style_emoticons/default/vampire.gif)

The place you make your name is RC. How did you get your start? Did you ever imagine such a great success in there?
Not at all. When I saw RC thread for the first time.. I was kinda attracted to try but was also afraid that people could laugh at my work. So far as I remember I was checking it every week but was afraid to join. Finally one day I told myself: C'mon.. what can happen? So what if they laugh? .... Of course, none laughed and all people in there were extremely nice and supportive to me.

I think if you ask the same people now, they will be extremely glad that back then they didn't laugh or do anything naughty. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/devil2.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif) Continuing on RC ... it has been years since you started managing RC. How did you become the manager? What makes it to special that you're willing to spend time & effort managing it every week?
When Raz (previous RC manager) announced that he has to quit, I applied for that job. To be honest - more for the fun. I didn't expect I will get it because I was "newbie" at that time. As far as I remember I think Sven and Raz picked me because ... well ... have no idea why (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Why I like RC? Because of the people who are the most supportive and nicer then anywhere in Mobile9. Because I love music and I really enjoy listen to every single mix people are posting there. Even the "worst" mixes are worth to listen because someone put time and effort to make it and we have to respect that.

I have to agree with you that people in RC are some of the friendliest M9ers I have ever met & everyone seems to know each other's real name! That is very rare!

Well, the interview won't be complete without taking about the (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whip.gif) . How did it become your trademark in M9?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Oh my I knew you gonna ask this question! To tell you the truth - it's kinda Raz's fault. When I became RC Manager he told me:"You have to be tough to them sometimes or they won't listen to you and they won't respect you". So ... first time someone didn't do what I asked - I used it. And what happened? Looks like guys in there liked to get (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whip.gif) from time to time. If you don't believe me - ask thumpy! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Your tools of trade in:
- creating ringtones

Audacity, Acoustica Mixcraft

- designing wallpapers
Photoshop

Can you walk us through the step by step process of creating all those brilliant mixes? Or you would like to keep it as top industrial secret? (IMG:http://www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Default/decayed.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) No secret. The most important thing in my opinion is to use the music you like. If you use songs you don't like - you can't like what happens out of it.
So.. pick tracks, find parts which "suits" to each other (especially if you are new in mixing, don't mix hip hop with hardcore techno). I like when mix sounds like one song. So, you have to work with transitions: take care they are smooth and "invisible".

So.. have patience. It won' t happen at first try.

And if you are entering RC with your mix - don't think about the trophy you will/can/want to win. You have to enjoy mixing and have fun while you doing that.

3 most memorable ringtones in your entire collection? Why?
My first one - http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/304402/ Egypt remix. Why? Coz its my first "baby" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/628608/ High Fly RC Week 99 - I really enjoyed making this one. And looks like people did too - it has over 250 000 downloads. More than any of my mixes ever.
http://gallery.mobile9.com/f/653987/ 5 Starts Variety - that mix made me so much trouble because we had to use 5 particular songs. But when challenge is tougher - the feeling is better when you can make it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

3 favourite wallpapers you have created so far? Why?
Because Armin Van Buuren is one of my favorite DJ
(IMG:http://marga.mobile9.com/download/media/295/arminvanbu_svscrpmd.jpg)

My first wally ever made from the scratch... using only brushes
(IMG:http://marga.mobile9.com/download/rspreview/148/1257850251.jpg)

This one takes me days to make it! Made out of over 30 images... sheeesh! gotta love it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
(IMG:http://patricia.mobile9.com/download/media/449/flashback-_zsj9e4jh.gif)

These days many M9ers find their inspiration from you. When you first started, who inspire/help you the most?
First person ever who contact me because of my ringtones was Antonis. He asked me to join MOS. After that I met more and more people with same passion for music. There is also one person who had patience to teach me how to mix (by giving me advices through headphones and Skype), who was always around when i needed and that's Goran aka Technokid. I am really grateful to him because of that. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

Some advices for anyone who wants to achieve success in RC?
Have patience. Enjoy the music. Have fun while you mixing. Mix a lot! Not just for RC. Practice will make you better. And what's most important: listen to the advices from people who wants to help.

Yeah and also: if you are entering RC - do it FOR FUN ONLY. Not for the trophies. Because.. if you don't expect anything but fun - there will be no disappointment if you don't win... even if you think you deserved it. And remember: if you didn't win, it doesn't have to be because people didn't like what you made!

I agree! It's the same with any other competitions we host here in M9. It's more about fun than winning. If winning is the only thing people want, they will suffer a slow & painful journey. (IMG:http://www.emoticons.free.fr/smileys/Default/fear.gif)

A place we must visit in your country, Croatia?

My country is beautiful and there are so many places i could suggest you to visit. So.. lets make it shorter - check this screensaver/wallpaper I made with few of the images of Croatia... and see by yourself.

(IMG:http://patricia.mobile9.com/download/media/480/volimhrvat_h5z2dvo5.gif)

That's all we have for you this time! We hope you enjoy the little chat we had with Jasmina.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies
aliefusheli
post Oct 22 2012, 05:09 AM
Post #2

Group: Validating
Member No.: 15861059

I never thought I would agree with this opinion, but I'm starting to see things differently.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Posts in this topic
- ArthurWill   M9 Interviews The Queen Of Whip, Pantoflica   Jun 8 2010, 02:05 AM
- - derber   It's really great to know more about Jasmina t...   Jun 8 2010, 02:26 AM
- - Yoyocell   wow nice interview pat... Good job Jas...   Jun 8 2010, 03:29 AM
- - novchanthol   Now i've to know the history of her, so good t...   Jun 8 2010, 08:23 AM
|- - demoni-1   QUOTE (novchanthol @ Jun 8 2010, 08:23 AM...   Sep 24 2010, 08:58 AM
- - sp0rtskiller03   yehey another interview.. i love it. love the read...   Jun 8 2010, 08:42 AM
- - ronaldo23   Great interview once again great to know more abo...   Jun 8 2010, 09:07 AM
- - pantoflica   QUOTE (ronaldo23 @ Jun 8 2010, 06:07 PM) ...   Jun 8 2010, 02:10 PM
|- - demoni-1   QUOTE (pantoflica @ Jun 8 2010, 02:10 PM)...   Sep 24 2010, 08:58 AM
|- - demoni-1   QUOTE (demoni-1 @ Sep 24 2010, 08:58...   Sep 24 2010, 09:17 AM
- - ronaldo23   QUOTE (pantoflica @ Jun 8 2010, 06:10 PM)...   Jun 8 2010, 02:47 PM
- - christina86   What a great interview I really enjoyed reading ...   Jun 8 2010, 04:24 PM
- - jeator   Great interview Jasmina and Patricia   Jun 9 2010, 09:52 PM
|- - sonsyworld   QUOTE (jeator @ Jun 9 2010, 10:52 PM) Gre...   Feb 14 2011, 05:12 AM
- - chander23   Great, my wishes to jasmina   Jun 12 2010, 11:12 PM
- - ghassemoo   @AW... Nice interview Pat. @Jasmina... That's...   Jun 12 2010, 11:56 PM
- - novchanthol   Yes she's lovely one!   Jun 12 2010, 11:51 PM
- - idias_1   Great interview to the person i most respect and a...   Jun 13 2010, 06:47 AM
- - CrazEric   Nice interview AW ... it's been a while since ...   Jun 13 2010, 12:44 PM
- - cute_heart   It's really great to know more about Jasmina ...   Jun 13 2010, 06:18 PM
- - povilius   Thank you so much girls, for this interview.It was...   Jun 16 2010, 07:58 AM
- - thump_rockstar   Great to know more about one of the best all round...   Jun 17 2010, 10:39 PM
|- - ArthurWill   QUOTE (thump_rockstar @ Jun 18 2010, 01:3...   Jun 20 2010, 11:52 PM
- - Adj1993   nice interview   Jun 19 2010, 06:50 AM
- - noahsarc   Now all i can say is that she is a real super star...   Jun 19 2010, 02:50 PM
- - HamitShala   Its great to know more about Jasmina She is one ...   Jun 20 2010, 03:35 AM
- - hardeepsinghheera87   gr8 intro jas nice to know all abt u n ur favt...   Jun 21 2010, 12:42 AM
- - novchanthol   Yeah ! What will be next ? Jasmina your name l...   Jun 21 2010, 12:53 AM
- - p.snp   @jaz .... why u don't mention abt ur family ??...   Jun 23 2010, 04:42 AM
- - bd_tongi   It's really great to know more about Jasmina   Jun 25 2010, 04:02 AM
- - injamul_ahmed   It's wonerful. Good to know more about Jas... ...   Jun 26 2010, 11:08 PM
- - shaon007009   This is really great to know about Jasmina Sis.. A...   Jun 30 2010, 05:35 AM
- - rohan89devil   Hey!!! Just stumbled across this inter...   Jul 5 2010, 06:49 AM
- - reed31   great interview ... really enjoy to read it...   Jul 7 2010, 04:41 AM
- - kewlone   i wish i knew this before , Jas i need a massage ...   Jul 15 2010, 09:46 PM
- - pantoflica   @ all who found time to read this interview Thank...   Jul 20 2010, 04:27 AM
|- - CrazEric   QUOTE (pantoflica @ Jul 20 2010, 01:27 PM...   Jul 20 2010, 07:45 AM
- - c2d22   me too enjoyed reading it wow Are you really 67 ye...   Jul 20 2010, 09:39 AM
- - pantoflica   you should know more about us - women.. we always ...   Jul 20 2010, 01:55 PM
- - boxieblue   cool interview   Jul 30 2010, 08:09 AM
- - sscob1   Nice interview   Aug 8 2010, 07:32 AM
- - kochaji   Good to hear her Secrets of Success   Aug 12 2010, 12:35 PM
- - AMDOMINATOR   This Was One Cool Interview And Such A Pleasure To...   Sep 15 2010, 05:33 AM
- - Adj1993   Wow is this really true ??   Sep 16 2010, 04:39 AM
- - liapireas   Really cool interview for one of the nicest M9 mem...   Sep 25 2010, 11:31 PM
- - BENnGWEN   Really glad to know all these & Thanks for sha...   Sep 27 2010, 05:55 AM
- - BlackJooker   All Friends :Hi.....How Are You? Plz Help Me???   Oct 12 2010, 08:07 AM
- - Defil3d   Anyone know where Jas is Or if anything has happe...   Jan 3 2011, 08:01 PM
- - derber   I believe it's close to one year that she...   Jan 3 2011, 08:43 PM
- - jinxslave   great interview   Jul 18 2011, 06:45 PM
- - Aeronitor   Wonderful Interview to The Ex Manager of RC   Jan 12 2012, 06:40 AM
- - wrecked_life   RE: M9 Interviews The Queen Of Whip, Pantoflica   Aug 22 2012, 12:30 PM
- - aliefusheli   I never thought I would agree with this opinion, b...   Oct 22 2012, 05:09 AM

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 10:12 PM