22 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TMC Discussions
le_figaroo
post Mar 11 2010, 07:38 AM
Post #61

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 6697623

hi all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
asthegr8
post Mar 11 2010, 09:35 AM
Post #62

Group: Members
Member No.: 5574463

@thabull and noahsarc don't argue with each other so cheaply that everyone feels that you both are fighting .
@thabull I wanna tell you that everyone has a right to express his feelings and to complaint if he feels something is going wrong around him .
@all we are not saying that the judges decision is totally wrong . we are just trying to say that we come here to learn to making great themes like thabull(haha I am just a big fan of you and sam and steff) and to be a part a healthy competition where we can learn every thing about themeing in a sporty way .
A great themer don't need any comment for what he create cause he knows everything about theming and he has his own style but for the beginners we require help in each and every step .
@ Admin.If any issue ends with no result then it will always in our mind and this issue is coming again and again so the admin.must take some decision about it and create a better atmosphere for a healthy competition .
@all please give some comment about this issue so admins.can see that what all want? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
thabull
post Mar 11 2010, 10:29 AM
Post #63

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Themer
Member No.: 613363

QUOTE (asthegr8 @ Mar 11 2010, 06:35 PM) *
@thabull and noahsarc don't argue with each other so cheaply that everyone feels that you both are fighting .
@thabull I wanna tell you that everyone has a right to express his feelings and to complaint if he feels something is going wrong around him .

nobody is fighting my dear friend asthegr. we just both expressing our opinions.... and "cheply" is a very heavy word to say.... perhaps it's cheaply for u, but there is no need to offend us..... at least we don't.....

and of course everybody has the right to express his feelings..... sorry for perhaps being hursh, but it's getting tiring to read each week the same complaints.....

A great themer don't need any comment for what he create cause he knows everything about theming and he has his own style but for the beginners we require help in each and every step .

u r wrong about this..... everybody needs the feedback in order to become better. u should know that the "enemy" of "good" is the "better".....
i don't think anybody refused to help (in the terms that their activities and real life permit....). i personally had all the help i needed.....

@ Admin.If any issue ends with no result then it will always in our mind and this issue is coming again and again so the admin.must take some decision about it and create a better atmosphere for a healthy competition .
@all please give some comment about this issue so admins.can see that what all want? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

totaly agree with u on that!!!!!!!!! even if the solution is no changes, there should be one, so we stop bubling over the same thing and get back to our main work... theme, wall, ring making......

+Quote Post
asthegr8
post Mar 11 2010, 06:51 PM
Post #64

QUOTE (thabull @ Mar 11 2010, 10:29 AM) *

nobody is fighting my dear friend asthegr. we just both expressing our opinions.... and "cheply" is a very heavy word to say.... perhaps it's cheaply for u, but there is no need to offend us..... at least we don't.....

sorry my english is not so well so if i use wrong word please forgive me i never mean that....

totaly agree with u on that!!!!!!!!! even if the solution is no changes, there should be one, so we stop bubling over the same thing and get back to our main work... theme, wall, ring making......

thanks for supporting me atleast now this issue will come in eyes of admins. team (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
shaon007009
post Mar 11 2010, 09:07 PM
Post #65

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 5150223

QUOTE (thabull @ Mar 11 2010, 11:29 PM) *

Agree with both of you... There must need a solution of this.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

This post has been edited by shaon007009: Mar 11 2010, 09:05 PM

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Mar 12 2010, 02:49 AM
Post #66

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

We read every words you write here and while we won't have a solution that satisfy everyone (we will never be able to come up with one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ) ... we are working frantically to draft a change to TMC ... let me finish analysing a few data. I will post our proposal here before the start of next week.

+Quote Post
thabull
post Mar 12 2010, 02:51 AM
Post #67

Group Icon

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Mar 12 2010, 11:49 AM) *
We read every words you write here and while we won't have a solution that satisfy everyone (we will never be able to come up with one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ) ... we are working frantically to draft a change to TMC ... let me finish analysing a few data. I will post our proposal here before the start of next week.

that's great news AW. at least i hope the complaints will stop... and we won't have new ones about the changes.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
liapireas
post Mar 12 2010, 02:57 AM
Post #68

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Designer
Member No.: 5536126

QUOTE (thabull @ Mar 12 2010, 11:51 AM) *

that's great news AW. at least i hope the complaints will stop... and we won't have new ones about the changes.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

And we will have a brand new round of complains !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gathering.gif)

+Quote Post
Cyber_Spirit
post Mar 12 2010, 03:15 AM
Post #69

Group Icon

Group: Gifted Themer
Member No.: 5205187

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Mar 12 2010, 10:49 AM) *

Yes, i agree with you, there will always be people that won't like this or that so nobody will ever be fuly satisfied.

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Mar 12 2010, 03:13 AM
Post #70

Group Icon

Hahahaha, we will never have hands-up from everybody. Our purpose of change is to make sure - the Pros don't feel irritated by people complaining that they don't get to win (it's not their problem that they keep winning), ease pressure off judges, and give the beginners some awards to build upon. There will still be 1 discussion thread, 1 voting, and 1 winning announcement. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
thabull
post Mar 12 2010, 04:00 AM
Post #71

Group Icon

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Mar 12 2010, 12:13 PM) *
There will still be 1 discussion thread, 1 voting, and 1 winning announcement. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

that's the most important Pat !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and let's start the "dance"... i hope u won't put me in a possition of voting 25-30 themes each time and give a rank from 0-100 for each one of them (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i'm just kidding (sometimes i feel i have to make this clear.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) ) i trust your insticts Pat.....

and after all "rules r rules" (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
asthegr8
post Mar 12 2010, 09:54 AM
Post #72

QUOTE (liapireas @ Mar 12 2010, 03:57 AM) *
QUOTE (thabull @ Mar 12 2010, 11:51 AM) *

And we will have a brand new round of complains !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gathering.gif)

QUOTE (Cyber_Spirit @ Mar 12 2010, 04:15 AM) *
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Mar 12 2010, 10:49 AM) *

Yes, i agree with you, there will always be people that won't like this or that so nobody will ever be fuly satisfied.

i just want to say that it is good that nobody will satisfied cause when everyone is satisfy then there is no chance to improvement it's just thoughts ha ha ha
@AW we all eagerly waiting for your new proposal ....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
thabull
post Mar 13 2010, 04:09 PM
Post #73

Group Icon

can a modarator please stop mr/mrs DJSNTMSALAH from SPAMMING???????????????????? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spam.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spam.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spam.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spam.gif)

hey DJSNTMSALAH stop SPAMMING by yourself.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spam.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spam.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spam.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spam.gif) , moderators and amins have more important thing to do..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spam.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spam.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/spam.gif)

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Mar 13 2010, 11:55 PM
Post #74

Group Icon

TMC 2010 Proposal

Recent weeks there has been lots of discussions about TMC voting. After collecting your feedback, giving in hard thoughts and analyzing the data we have, here is our proposal for next TMC voting & winning format.

Why we need to consider a change?
- extremely hard to compete with the top class themers & make it to podium
- overall voting doesn't quite show a themer's progress
- increasingly loud complaints about lack of opportunity to win that has started to make the regular winners to appear like "the person to blame"
- pressure on judges who kindly spent their time voting & helping themers to improve

Stuff we have to consider when making a change?
- resource is finite. We have to make sure it doesn't require the manager to spent 3 hrs sitting in front of PC stress out about setting up final voting thread, count votes, winners announcement
- when participants themselves don't bother to comment on the themes they choose to be winner, we cannot expect the judges to do so
- mixed proposals & response from participants, some support separating TMC into 2 groups, some oppose it strongly

Our proposal:
- scrap judges voting system, revert back to using public voting only. However, we will regulate public voting closely to filter off those who open another account & use it to vote for the same person every week regardless of how well the theme rank among the rest. We know who you are, it's not hard to detect consistent voting pattern. Worst come to worst, we will restrict voting to participants only.
- 1 topic, 1 discussion thread, 1 voting, 1 winning annoucement because we don't want to separate themers out as we believe you can learn more and enjoy more by participating in a single competition. Imagine if we separate into 2 groups, we might end up having 10 participants in 1 group and just 5 in another group. No fun at all.
- introduce Toothy winners. Basically it means we have 3 more positions to be won every week. The name Toothy comes from a thinking - babies are born without tooth and when their 1st tooth comes out, it signals the start of an exciting & long life adventure.

TMC 1st Place
TMC 2nd Place
TMC 3rd Place

TMC Toothy 1st Place
TMC Toothy 2nd Place
TMC Toothy 3rd Place

Only those who never won a trophy (gold, silver or bronze) in TMC are qualified for the Toothy positions. Once a themer won a position in TMC, he/she is consider a pro and should aim to compete against the other pros. For those who are new to theming, Toothy positions will serve as a smaller & more reachable goal to work towards to. Toothy winners will get separate trophies in their profile.

Lastly, we want to remind you that the objective of TMC, a competition we run since 2003, remains the same. TMC is a place for people who share the same passion to meet new friends, improve theming skills and have fun. If TMC is a cake, winning is only the icing. Themers who treat winning as the cake are likely to endure a tough & disappointing journey.

Okie, now it's time for you to speak your mind about this proposal of change. You have all our ears.

+Quote Post
topmanner1
post Mar 14 2010, 01:02 AM
Post #75

Group Icon

Group: Certified DJ
Member No.: 6209628

@ Arthurwill - Your proposal is simply amazing and it is a real gift for toothies or newbies because they get an opportunity to motivate that they can win a trophy. They will try to improve simultaneously by following the top themers. Then Coming to the voting system, You made a great decision by thinking to keep the voting only between participants.

This voting system will help guys like me atleast I will get two votes in toothies group because some people created multiple accounts and I have been frustrated after watching my last position many times. Those people get good amount of public votes due to the old system. Many people have gone ahead asking to vote for us in public with their friends and got the votes. But in fair way I should be proud of my one vote that I get every time.

Considering the fight about this issue, Your proposal was perfect in my view. I think if this proposal gets implemented it would definitely encourage many more participants giving a hope for victory. The other thing I liked in this is " You said if a participant won one TMC from toothy group he will be transferred to contest with top themers". This is a nice idea because What We Want is a Single Victory, Just once to feel proud of ourselves which automatically inspires to make better themes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

I am happy with all these proposals and ideas. You have made a fantastic proposal for changes in TMC.

I sincerely respect and appreciate it. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd September 2014 - 10:18 PM