Reply to this topicStart new topic
> TMC Discussions
Guest_noahsarc_*
post Mar 10 2010, 02:43 AM
Post #46

Guests

QUOTE (shaon007009 @ Mar 10 2010, 01:36 AM) *
QUOTE (noahsarc @ Mar 10 2010, 11:33 AM) *
I guess you didn't get my point, my point is when you are in class 1 and you have to appear for a Gk test with a class 10 student will you ever be able to compete?
Okai let me give you another example, suppose you want to become a good cricketer and want to join your national cricket team, you can't join that team by just joining any cricket coaching center, first you have to learn there, then you have to play and compete with people of your own group i.e. beginners, when you perform good then you are promoted to senior groups, and soo on goes till you finally join the national team.

My point is first we should compete against people of our caliber and when the JUDGES think `that he has improved a lot then he should be promoted to next level to compete against the next level people. I have seen many people are really disheartened by the results they are getting always just 1 point after making such a good theme. In this manner there moral will go down day by day because they try there best to make a theme and when they don't get there desired result, then surely they gonna back off from the next time.

And in this manner only few themers will be left in this community only.

In Cricket Club There Are Talented Coach... They Teach The Learner... If It Separate You Will Not Get Good Coach From The Beginner Or Like Us Who Is Still Learning... Or If You Think This Is OK.. Than You Have To Take A Big Time To Be A Good Themer... And There Is A Point Of Leveling People.. That Case People Will Divided In Five Group I Guess.. The Beginner, The Rising Themer, The Gifted themer, The Certified Themer And Finally Legendary Themer.. So There Will Be More Than Two Contest In My Opinion... So I Don't Think It's A Good Idea..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

Well in this case also you can take help from professionals themer's, i hope they will come up with a good mind and comments on your previews and will guide you how to make it better and even they will teach you anything that you don't know.

But if the pro themers don't fell like commenting on beginners theme as we are separated then that will be really very bad cooperation and participation.
In that case i have nothing to say as it fully depends on the pros whether they want to help us or not.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
asthegr8
post Mar 10 2010, 03:10 AM
Post #47

Group: Members
Member No.: 5574463

Well its a endless issue with no result because all are not be satisfied but I just want one thing that the judges should comment on each and every theme and they tell us about our plus and minuses and what the reasons are that they choose winners theme as winner and not our's .
I also think that we should run a number system by our respected judges from 1-100 and they marked our theme between them. With this system we can easily understand our mistakes and also we can see our progress . And our TMC or STC not so boring for beginners .
Please every themer should give comment that they like my idea or not . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
asthegr8
post Mar 10 2010, 03:15 AM
Post #48

QUOTE (p.snp @ Mar 9 2010, 10:27 PM) *
QUOTE (asthegr8 @ Mar 10 2010, 07:39 AM) *
QUOTE (asthegr8 @ Mar 9 2010, 09:11 AM) *
very disappointed but anyway congrats to steff and sam

QUOTE (angelnaina @ Mar 9 2010, 09:28 AM) *
QUOTE (asthegr8 @ Mar 9 2010, 09:41 PM) *
very disappointed but anyway congrats to steff and sam

why you are disappointed..i dn't understand.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

QUOTE (Cyber_Spirit @ Mar 9 2010, 10:29 AM) *
Nania & ArthurWill(Thanks for seeing improvement (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) )

I think i know what topmanner wants to tell you.

Fell free to comment and say what you think

agrre with Cyber spirit cause I feel here we always get only 1 point . you can see that I am improving alot in my skills . I am not saying that now i am perfect but when i create my first theme its really bed . but you can see that my last few theme like rainbow , red ferrari is not so bad but I am still getting 1 point same as the first one gold flower so I just want to quit from here . with my best memories and few learning experience (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

QUOTE (topmanner1 @ Mar 9 2010, 08:45 PM) *
I must say one thing, this voting system hasn't been giving me more than one vote and I think someone is Voting me every time for my entry. I thank him for showing some respect. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

This doesn't mean any disrespect to others, What I say is I don't deserve the last position that I am always put in. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Congrats to the Winners

ha.ha... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) i know that wht u say abt ...... that was the fact i leave TMC before past weeks ago..... i had tell my opinion abt "publishing result in TMC "

http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?...65144&st=45

but i didn't get any responds frm any TMC manager ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/weightlift.gif) ( i hope this time will get a reply...(IMG:http://i50.tinypic.com/ohssjc.jpg) ) .i don't want to change voting system here.... but i think it is better that change the system of publishing result like RC or WPC.... coz everyone can understand their progress..... And increase number of votes with increasing no.of entries....(7/30 not good i think ..... )

Well its a endless issue with no result because all are not be satisfied but I just want one thing that the judges should comment on each and every theme and they tell us about our plus and minuses and what the reasons are that they choose winners theme as winner and not our's .
I also think that we should run a number system by our respected judges from 1-100 and they marked our theme between them. With this system we can easily understand our mistakes and also we can see our progress . And our TMC or STC not so boring for beginners .
Please every themer should give comment that they like my idea or not . (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
thabull
post Mar 10 2010, 04:58 AM
Post #49

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Themer
Member No.: 613363

just a question........
who's to say the progress of a new themer? the different judges each week? the different sum of participants and voters each week?
each one of us has his/her own criteria of what makes a theme "good"
some of us pay more attention to the softkeys, others to the clocks and various elements, some to the walls, some to readability, some to intergration.......
can anybody give me some real objective criteria?

people, art is art. u can't measure it. there is no kg, meters, inches, seconds or hours that we can compare.....

i agree that perhaps the judges should comment all the entries regardless of their votes. but this is also perhaps drive us crazyv (based on the various "sensitivities" of each judge as i explained before).....
i totally refuse to start creating themes based on a judge's suggestion. i'm explaining......

e.g. i have use a digi clock and i got as a comment from a judge "this didn't fit the theme very well". what should i do? each time this person is a judge, i won't use that clock because he/she doesn't like it and i won't get the vote?
I TOTALLY REFUSE TO DO THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here we testify each time our inspiration, our view of the world around us, OURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not what others would want us to be !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (at least this is what we SHOULD do......)

i said it before in a similar issue in STC and i say it again.....
we r all here to communicate people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to make new friends from all over the world, to make riends with different cultures, different ways of living. this is how I see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with mom!!!!!!!! it's getting boring each week to read the same things. instead of complaining about votes, judges and medals just try to work a bit harder on your themes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEMES is the main issue of these contests and not the medals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
asthegr8
post Mar 10 2010, 05:51 AM
Post #50

QUOTE (thabull @ Mar 10 2010, 05:58 AM) *
just a question........
who's to say the progress of a new themer? the different judges each week? the different sum of participants and voters each week?
each one of us has his/her own criteria of what makes a theme "good"
some of us pay more attention to the softkeys, others to the clocks and various elements, some to the walls, some to readability, some to intergration.......
can anybody give me some real objective criteria?

people, art is art. u can't measure it. there is no kg, meters, inches, seconds or hours that we can compare.....

i agree that perhaps the judges should comment all the entries regardless of their votes. but this is also perhaps drive us crazyv (based on the various "sensitivities" of each judge as i explained before).....
i totally refuse to start creating themes based on a judge's suggestion. i'm explaining......

e.g. i have use a digi clock and i got as a comment from a judge "this didn't fit the theme very well". what should i do? each time this person is a judge, i won't use that clock because he/she doesn't like it and i won't get the vote?
I TOTALLY REFUSE TO DO THAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

here we testify each time our inspiration, our view of the world around us, OURSELVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! not what others would want us to be !!!!!!!!!!!!!! (at least this is what we SHOULD do......)

i said it before in a similar issue in STC and i say it again.....
we r all here to communicate people!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to make new friends from all over the world, to make riends with different cultures, different ways of living. this is how I see it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with mom!!!!!!!! it's getting boring each week to read the same things. instead of complaining about votes, judges and medals just try to work a bit harder on your themes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEMES is the main issue of these contests and not the medals !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

only one question to thabull then how will the beginners know about that they are going in right way or not when they always got 1 point ??????

+Quote Post
shaon007009
post Mar 10 2010, 06:11 AM
Post #51

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 5150223

QUOTE (asthegr8 @ Mar 10 2010, 04:10 PM) *

This Is A Good Idea... I support It....

@ noahsarc... OK Bro.. I Give Up.... And Finally If There Is Nothing Less Than This TMC I'll Totally Support You.. I Mean The Learning Process.. If It OK Than I've No Problem With Your Idea.... I'll Go With You... So I Quiet Of This Discussion For Now.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
thabull
post Mar 10 2010, 06:17 AM
Post #52

Group Icon

QUOTE (asthegr8 @ Mar 10 2010, 02:51 PM) *
only one question to thabull then how will the beginners know about that they are going in right way or not when they always got 1 point ??????

the answer is so simple my dear friend asthegr. u know by yourself when u become a better themer !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i guess u haven't read my post carefully......

according to who's opinion "they are going in right way" ? everything in these contests is subjective!!!!!!!!!!!!
i repeat every week we have different judges!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway, some kind of evidence for anybody's improvement could be the public votes........ and don't tell me there is no classification there.......

and something more...... is it so important to be separated (not just u, anybody.....) from all the "1"? can't u (again, not just u, anybody.....) tell the difference between the "1" in each contest?

is it that different 13 from 23 (in a scale of 100) when u need 85 or more to get to the podium? and lets say that one week u get 34 and i get 16. and the next u get 18 and i get 29. what do u make of that? u became worst themer in a week? who's better themer between us?
i don't c any point in all of these!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and i repeat again...... enjoy all the fun, the communication, the friendship u can get here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is the meaning of M9!!!!!!!!!!!!!

+Quote Post
asthegr8
post Mar 10 2010, 06:16 AM
Post #53

QUOTE (shaon007009 @ Mar 10 2010, 06:11 AM) *
QUOTE (asthegr8 @ Mar 10 2010, 04:10 PM) *

This Is A Good Idea... I support It....

@ noahsarc... OK Bro.. I Give Up.... And Finally If There Is Nothing Less Than This TMC I'll Totally Support You.. I Mean The Learning Process.. If It OK Than I've No Problem With Your Idea.... I'll Go With You... So I Quiet Of This Discussion For Now.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

thanks for supporting my idea (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
Guest_noahsarc_*
post Mar 10 2010, 10:45 AM
Post #54

Guests

@ Thabull
OKai i agree with you, we should enjoy all the fun, the communication & the friendship here. But there is a TMC here, as you know it well, & all join this competition only to know whether this time they had improved or not from the previous time.

As you said that its us who should decide whether we are going in a right path or not, well in that case i think my theme wasn't the best but still it should have won few more votes, but when the results are declared its the same "1" point again, According to me i had improved but according to the votes I'm still at the same position. Now you tell me what I should do?

Now I'm in the dilemma whether i have improved or i have not. If my point fall down to "0" I can think ok this time i made a mess, and if my points increases, I can think ok i have improved a bit now. But when I'm constantly at the same position getting only 1 point all the time, what I will conclude from it?

Well regarding this discussion and after reading all the views, i had decided that from now onwards i'll make a theme on the topic given but i'll not enter in the contest so as to get 1 vote again and enter in the dilemma.

This post has been edited by noahsarc: Mar 10 2010, 10:45 AM

+Quote Post
p.snp
post Mar 10 2010, 11:31 AM
Post #55

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 1166772

QUOTE (noahsarc @ Mar 10 2010, 11:15 PM) *
@ Thabull
OKai i agree with you, we should enjoy all the fun, the communication & the friendship here. But there is a TMC here, as you know it well, & all join this competition only to know whether this time they had improved or not from the previous time.

As you said that its us who should decide whether we are going in a right path or not, well in that case i think my theme wasn't the best but still it should have won few more votes, but when the results are declared its the same "1" point again, According to me i had improved but according to the votes I'm still at the same position. Now you tell me what I should do?

Now I'm in the dilemma whether i have improved or i have not. If my point fall down to "0" I can think ok this time i made a mess, and if my points increases, I can think ok i have improved a bit now. But when I'm constantly at the same position getting only 1 point all the time, what I will conclude from it?

Well regarding this discussion and after reading all the views, i had decided that from now onwards i'll make a theme on the topic given but i'll not enter in the contest so as to get 1 vote again and enter in the dilemma.

i think if no.of voting increase all the problem will solve......................

+Quote Post
thabull
post Mar 10 2010, 03:15 PM
Post #56

Group Icon

@noahsarc

my dear friend i just wonder. 1 contest entry and 24 uploads (some of them ringtones) and already grungy about TMC?
u haven't even tasted it yet....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

@everybody..... (who may feel the need to answer to my points) please read carefully at the total of my posts.....
don't be stuck only in the "1" that somepeople may get each week

AND PLEASE ANSWER ME ONE MORE QUESTION.....
i got my own personal style........ in TMC each week all i get is "1" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! but with the same style of theming in STC i already have won 3 gold trophies !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TELL ME how the earth the voting in TMC will show my improvement? different judges each week, different judges in each contest, different opponents in each contsest.........

the point system of these contests is to determine only the winners. it doesn't matter what we get as points........

Points don't get u better themers. PLEASE TRY TO UNDERSTAND THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u can't trust a subjective pointing system to show u if u have improved or not.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and ofcourse u can't be improved one week, the next to be worst and the next to be reimproved..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
poiniting system is just a valuation of your exact theme at the exact time and NOT OF YOUR SKILLS OR QUALITY AS A THEMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

these are my last words on this issue guys.... i believe i have made my point as clear as i can. i can't make it clearer.
what i'm saying is that u should NOT BE DISSAPOINTED!!!!!!!!!! that's all

+Quote Post
Guest_noahsarc_*
post Mar 10 2010, 08:44 PM
Post #57

Guests

QUOTE (thabull @ Mar 10 2010, 03:15 PM) *
@noahsarc

my dear friend i just wonder. 1 contest entry and 24 uploads (some of them ringtones) and already grungy about TMC?
u haven't even tasted it yet....... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

Firstly i really feel pity on you that you have such a cheap mentality.

And secondly instead of LOLing on me it will be better for you if you answer my question? Or should i think you don't have any answer . You are just stuck in your own theory that we should not bother about points and votes. But if we should not then this TMC should be closed for ever then no one will be bothered on anything, and all will enjoy making theme, but if you can't close it then stop talking about it like this. if you are not bothered about this then we have nothing to do with it but we are bothered that's why i had posted in this thread.

Whatever i said is not only my views many people here have the same view. And I'm not a fool to enter in such discussions and argue with someone unnecessarily.

This post has been edited by noahsarc: Mar 10 2010, 08:45 PM

+Quote Post
kewlone
post Mar 10 2010, 10:41 PM
Post #58

Group Icon

Group: WPC Manager
Member No.: 6007542

QUOTE (thabull @ Mar 9 2010, 01:41 PM) *
first of all a big congratulation to the winners and all participants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm sorry that findgirl's Bullfight didn't win, but this is what happens when u try to kill a Bull!!!!!!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

i noticed that there is a "virous" of complaint that goes around M9. first STC, now TMC (i hope that RC will be untouched.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) )

i don't understand all that "gold rush" people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why is this happening? does a gold medal or a podium mean that much?

i say "STOP VOTING" take these contests and make them festivals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no voting, no points, no podiums -------- no complaints NO PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and perhaps no themes..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) )

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) gold rush to crush (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gathering.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) you found a shortcut Alex (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) Have patience all, work more hard , (IMG:style_emoticons/default/weightlift.gif)

oooops Naina , didnt see your last post (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif)

This post has been edited by kewlone: Mar 10 2010, 10:38 PM

+Quote Post
findgirl45
post Mar 10 2010, 10:54 PM
Post #59

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 3412794

QUOTE (kewlone @ Mar 11 2010, 10:41 AM) *
QUOTE (thabull @ Mar 9 2010, 01:41 PM) *
first of all a big congratulation to the winners and all participants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i'm sorry that findgirl's Bullfight didn't win, but this is what happens when u try to kill a Bull!!!!!!!!!!!

i noticed that there is a "virous" of complaint that goes around M9. first STC, now TMC (i hope that RC will be untouched.. )

i don't understand all that "gold rush" people!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why is this happening? does a gold medal or a podium mean that much?

i say "STOP VOTING" take these contests and make them festivals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
no voting, no points, no podiums -------- no complaints NO PROBLEMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and perhaps no themes..... )

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) gold rush to crush (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gathering.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) you found a shortcut Alex (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) Have patience all, work more hard , (IMG:style_emoticons/default/weightlift.gif)

oooops Naina , didnt see your last post (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif)

oh enna sis so ur back in our fight (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

+Quote Post
thabull
post Mar 10 2010, 11:51 PM
Post #60

Group Icon

just to enable notifications for this thread........

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 2 3 4 5 6 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th August 2014 - 01:22 PM