> TMC Discussions
thabull
post Aug 20 2013, 09:53 AM
Post #271

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Themer
Member No.: 613363

hi people
once again (after the results of tmc333) is very obvious that sometimes these results are unfair....... and i am talking about the fact that one of the winners didn't vote......
i know that he already gave notice about his absense (and i'm ok with that), but this doesn't change the fact that if he had voted, the results would probably have been totally different (he could even not take any of the top 3 positions).

i'm just having this talk here, not for the winner of tmc to "surrender" his medal... this would be very silly from my side and the winner's side since he already participated knowing that he would not vote...... (it's nothing personal with this m9 memeber. it's just that this case triggered the idea in my head)

but i'm writting to make a sensible suggestion..... when a participant notifies that he/she can't vote, then his/her entry will be valid, but will be starting the vote counting with -7 or -5 points depending on the number of the votes in each contest..... this way the voting doesn't really gets affected by the absence.....

i think it's a fair modofication..... don't you agree people?

what do you think Lia?
the same stands for the stc contests.......
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Aug 22 2013, 05:41 AM
Post #272

Group Icon

Group: WPC Manager
Member No.: 5059374

@thabull, hello,dear Alex! Unfortunately, because of bad knowledge of English language I have not understood that you offer. Therefore, I can write only the opinion. I completely agree that is not so correct when work participates in competition, and the person does not vote. It is natural, if Anu took part in voting, the result of competition would be another. In my opinion if the person knows that he cannot vote, it is not necessary to take part in competition. Participants vote for this work, he does not give voices to anybody. Conclusion one,if you can not vote-not participate. To warn about that you can not vote not enough.

+Quote Post
thabull
post Aug 22 2013, 07:58 PM
Post #273

Group Icon

hi galina dear (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif) i totally agree with you, it's exactly what i said. you may not speak english that good, but your sence of 'justice' leads you in the right way........ what i suggested was this...... the person who participates but can not vote hould get a -7 points in his total number of votes. this way it's like he votes for 7 for all the rest. this way the final results are not affected.... for the rest it's like he/she didn't vote and for him/her the advantage of not voting is lost........

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Aug 22 2013, 10:45 PM
Post #274

Group Icon

@thabul, dear Alex! If to take mathematical calculations 7 points solve nothing. The person gives not 7 points in voting , and 28. If to take away from its result of 7 points he should not receive prize-winning places. And, if to assume that he will vote that who is in the list end, he remains on the 1 place. In my opinion of such situations, in general, should not be. Or they should dare in a private order. In this case, if Anu knew that cannot vote, it was necessary to remove work from competition or to ask the person to whom he trusts to vote from his name.

Results without voting of one participant can not be considered as the valid.

But this question was necessary for lifting, when Lia has given the message at a forum that Anu is released from voting. Instead of after results of competition have been informed.

This post has been edited by Galina53: Aug 23 2013, 12:38 AM

+Quote Post
thabull
post Aug 23 2013, 01:55 AM
Post #275

Group Icon

as i said before galina, i totally agree with you.... in all points. and i don't want anu's win to be removed. Ijust want to make it fair from now on...... as for the calculation you make a mistake..... if anu had -7 points, he wouldn't have won........ and if the difference from the second was more than 7 points, then his votes wouldn't matter for his position. This is the general point in this case that the moderators want to make 'exceptions'. still the right thing is the disqualification..... mu suggestion is that if the moderators want to 'bend' the rules, at least make it as fair as possible....... my post is NOT a complaint...... (i don't participate for the win), it's for making tmc as fair as possible....

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Aug 23 2013, 02:30 AM
Post #276

Group Icon

@thabull, I perfectly understand why you it write. I know that you victories do not interest. It-has put of a principle. But to subtract from results of 7 points not correctly and I am not mistaken. Let's admit that Anu votes. In lists of its voting is not present mangotango,thabull,darina ... Him points do not change-59, but also you will be without change. In my opinion of a rule should be identical to all. Exceptions should not be. In this case theme by Anu has special conditions to the detriment of other participants of competition. It-not is correct. I think that Lia will consider it on the future.

This post has been edited by Galina53: Aug 23 2013, 04:34 AM

+Quote Post
thabull
post Aug 23 2013, 05:11 AM
Post #277

Group Icon

yes galina..... but my points would not have been in anyway..... the -7 is to 'remove' the advantage for him because he didn't vote. If he had voted it is normal that the results wouldn't have been the same.... this is why i said 'as fair as possible'..... as i said, the roght thing is no vote= no participation.......... but sadly, i realize that only you and i seem to care..... where is everybody else to express their opinion? don't they participate? Don't they care about a contest that they are part of? seems that all they care is counting nymbers to get their badges.... or they are afraid that will upset someone and they will be loosing votes...... once again i'm very disappointed..... and we haven't heard yet what lia thinks about it.... probably, she haven't found the time to check the thread yet...... but the rest..... i see them posting in the tmc thread, but noone dares to express their opinion...... sad.......

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Aug 23 2013, 07:02 AM
Post #278

Group Icon

Alex! I am not surprised for a long time already that all are silent. Silence is more convenient. As at us speak "difficultly to sit on two chairs". If support your opinion can Anu and Lia will take offence. If to support the decision of Lia, you can will take offence. Therefore, silence - gold.

I do not understand your offer on 7 points. Why 7? You consider that 7 points will be destroyed by advantage concerning you. I can write to the answer that, 7 points can to me has not sufficed to take of other position. Though I do not think, that Anu has given them to me. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

My opinion - of infringements of rules should not be under no circumstances. If you know that you can not vote - refuse participation in competition. Other variant should not be. It is impossible to adjust rules to the concrete participant. As it concerns other participants.

This post has been edited by Galina53: Aug 23 2013, 07:57 AM

+Quote Post
thabull
post Aug 23 2013, 10:39 AM
Post #279

Group Icon

hahahahahahaha..... it's so funny galina..... we both agree, yet we write and write...... hahahahahahahaha..... -7 points make sense, but it's not the problem..... i never understood why lia accepted this thing in the first plce.... being away for sometime, i thought it was a new kind of rule...... anyway...... as for what you said about silence is gold..... you are so true!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha and it seems that this is the end of this issue....... nobody cares but the two of us..... i tried to help, but i guess m9 don't care about nokia or se themers any more...... hahahahaha funny thing.... this is sipposed to be a tmc discussion and nobody cares to check it out..... hahhahahaha

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Aug 23 2013, 10:50 AM
Post #280

Group Icon

Dear Alex! SILENCE IS GOLD is Russian saying. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

The full version the Word is silver, and Silence is gold. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

This post has been edited by Galina53: Aug 23 2013, 11:07 AM

+Quote Post
dar777ina
post Aug 23 2013, 11:59 AM
Post #281

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 7793250

QUOTE (thabull @ Aug 21 2013, 06:53 AM) *
hi people
once again (after the results of tmc333) is very obvious that sometimes these results are unfair....... and i am talking about the fact that one of the winners didn't vote......
i know that he already gave notice about his absense (and i'm ok with that), but this doesn't change the fact that if he had voted, the results would probably have been totally different (he could even not take any of the top 3 positions).

i'm just having this talk here, not for the winner of tmc to "surrender" his medal... this would be very silly from my side and the winner's side since he already participated knowing that he would not vote...... (it's nothing personal with this m9 memeber. it's just that this case triggered the idea in my head)

but i'm writting to make a sensible suggestion..... when a participant notifies that he/she can't vote, then his/her entry will be valid, but will be starting the vote counting with -7 or -5 points depending on the number of the votes in each contest..... this way the voting doesn't really gets affected by the absence.....

i think it's a fair modofication..... don't you agree people?

what do you think Lia?
the same stands for the stc contests.......

I rarely check this thread Alex, but I agree with you. Voting results might have been quite different. Maybe the administration should not have to change the rules and make an exception this time.

+Quote Post
Viola53
post Aug 23 2013, 12:50 PM
Post #282

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 4104945

QUOTE (Galina53 @ Aug 23 2013, 07:02 AM) *
My opinion - of infringements of rules should not be under no circumstances. If you know that you can not vote - refuse participation in competition. Other variant should not be. It is impossible to adjust rules to the concrete participant. As it concerns other participants.

Totally agree with Galina! No exceptions to the rule should not be. If the contestant knows in advance that he could not vote, then do not take part in the competition. The contestant who did not vote disqualified. Until now, this was the rule at TMC, STC, WPC and other competitions.
I believe the results of TMC-333 unfair. But I do not write in order to change them, I do not want to change the results, but I think that in the future can not provide any benefits for the selected participants.

+Quote Post
protsenko2006
post Aug 25 2013, 03:44 PM
Post #283

Group Icon

Group: TMC Manager
Member No.: 4837671

Dear friends!

totally not agree with you! there are many objective reasons for which the user can not vote! Where, for example, I know I can vote or not in a week or two? I can at any time go on a trip for work. And more. I live in a place where the internet may work or may not work, and what then? Disqualify me?

In order to know exactly what I vote, this should be unemployed, do not have a family to be disabled and live in a big city with a good Internet.

But not all are, and to think about all!

I think that if a man wants to participate, so let involved.

the more that we are in competition not get millions, and enjoy fellowship! Why are you so worried? Defeated man, so be happy for him.

If a participant can not vote then let him write to the moderator. This is normal.

And the on results could affect the voting of those who do not participate. And there may be one and two or ten. No one will be able to know in advance.

I had one case where I did not vote and Lia wrote about it. But then nobody is paying attention, because I was not a winner.

thabull Alex, about 5-7 points I did not understand anything (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wallbash.gif)

This post has been edited by protsenko2006: Aug 25 2013, 03:58 PM

+Quote Post
thabull
post Aug 25 2013, 04:20 PM
Post #284

Group Icon

QUOTE (protsenko2006 @ Aug 26 2013, 01:44 AM) *
thabull Alex, about 5-7 points I did not understand anything (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wallbash.gif)

well my dear tatiana..... it doesn't matter if i agree with you or not..... you have a good point on what you are saying...
this is why i suggested that the person who can't vote should be counted -7 points in his/her final result.... this way is like he/she voted for 7 points for all the rest and he/she looses the advantage he/she gets by not voting......

imagine that there is you, galina and i participating in the contest...
you give galina a 3 point and to me a 2 point
galina gives you a 3 point and to me a 2 point....
imagine that for some reason i can't vote.....
so the winner is me with 4 points and you and galina follow with 3 points each......
but this is not fair cause if i have voted one of you girls would have 6 points and the other 5.... and i would be still n 4.....
but (since the voting in the example is 3,2,1) if i had a -3 in my final result, that would make my points (4-3=1) 1....
this is closer to the "real" results and more fair......

+Quote Post
protsenko2006
post Aug 25 2013, 04:37 PM
Post #285

Group Icon

Group: TMC Manager
Member No.: 4837671

thabull I agree with your math.

But again, the vote is not only the contestants, but also many others, in any case, I do not think should change the rules.

And the rules clearly writte:

In case a participant cannot vote for some reason on the day of voting, please contact to the TMC manager in advance.

I think that it is right and fair!

Galina53, dar777ina, Viola53 carefully read the rules No violations of the moderator was not!

This post has been edited by protsenko2006: Aug 25 2013, 04:58 PM

+Quote Post

22 Pages V  « < 17 18 19 20 21 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 05:13 AM