79 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Mixing Tips (and Tricks), ...RC mixes - help and suggestions
nick222
post Aug 20 2009, 07:20 AM
Post #31

Group: Members
Member No.: 1817795

Although reed seems to be making a cake mix ((IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ) I think he's trying to say there is an option called "paste mix"... I use another program called GoldWave, and it has 4 pasting options:

- The normal 'paste' option, which inserts the contents of the clipboard on another sound file where you indicate it to do it
- 'Paste new' option, which creates a separate sound file with the contents of the clipboard, which can be a portion of a larger sound file
- 'Paste replace' which replace the original sound with the contents of the clipboard
- 'PASTE MIX' which would mix the contents of the clipboard with your sound file starting at the time you indicate.

Probably Edison has a similar option... I think...

This post has been edited by nick222: Aug 20 2009, 07:25 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
reed31
post Aug 20 2009, 10:38 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Legendary DJ
Member No.: 4877007

QUOTE (Defil3d @ Aug 20 2009, 03:36 AM) *
QUOTE (pantoflica @ Aug 19 2009, 03:15 PM) *
You could give people tasks in here... to put 2 part of songs together .. and lets see "what program" will win the best trasition (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

That's a great idea Jas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

For those of you who wish to participate, Take one part from each song, and mix them together. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The two songs were chosen at random. Please state which program you used in making the mix.

DJ Bobo - Love is All Around (1).mp3 :
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=..._Around__1_.mp3
DJ Splash - Ring Dinge Ding.mp3 :
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=..._Dinge_Ding.mp3

@ Lonely, believe me, Bro, that is a terrific mix!

Update: Their are 10 Software Programs. I forgot to add one I had mentioned (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

1. Audacity
2. Nero Wave Editor
3. FL Studio
4. Wavepad Sound Editor
5. Virtual DJ
6. Sound Forge 9.0
7. Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer
8. Ulead Video Studio
9. Acoustica Mixcraft 4
10. Mixxx

Hello curt Bro,i'm finished mix with that two song,i use FL Studio:

Love is All Around vs Ring Dinge Ding (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

@nick, thanks for explain (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
lonelyboyiran
post Aug 20 2009, 10:45 AM
Post #33

Member No.: 2837847

well i've just mixed sth, but not really good transitions, you know the songs were not match
'love is all around'
love is all around
i was moving tracks and suddenly i pressed space and acoustica played the mix, and i suddenly decided to save it and post here (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)
love is all around - ding dingi

This post has been edited by lonelyboyiran: Aug 20 2009, 10:50 AM

+Quote Post
pantoflica
post Aug 20 2009, 10:48 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 1465230

All 3 sounds cool. My favorite is last one, lonely (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
lonelyboyiran
post Aug 20 2009, 11:07 AM
Post #35

really? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif)

This post has been edited by lonelyboyiran: Aug 20 2009, 11:01 AM

+Quote Post
thump_rockstar
post Aug 20 2009, 11:13 AM
Post #36

Group: Premium Publisher
From: (Latitude: 30° 52' 60 N, Longitude: 75° 50' 60 E) :-)
Member No.: 1769070

@Reed-Sounds great (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)
@Arsam-There is still some scope for improvement (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
diabolical
post Aug 20 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Group: Certified DJ
Member No.: 2137832

Made something... just quick'n'dirty (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) Love ding using Reaper

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Just couldn't help myself (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) ... I made another one with somewhat more parts than the first one (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Love ding take 2

@reed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) Great work (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif)
@lonelyboyiran Liked the last one most (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by diabolical: Aug 20 2009, 02:14 PM

+Quote Post
ronaldo23
post Aug 20 2009, 01:34 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Group: Gifted DJ
Member No.: 3924134

Boyiran - My favourite is the last one to (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
Reed - Great mix bro (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
Harri - Awesome mix (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

This post has been edited by ronaldo23: Aug 20 2009, 03:02 PM

+Quote Post
Defil3d
post Aug 20 2009, 02:49 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 1904905

Hi all! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) Sorry it took me so long to get back, was at work last night, than came home and went to bed (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) Almost time to go to work again (IMG:style_emoticons/default/surrender.gif)

The Software list is updated with 3 more programs!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)
1. Audacity
2. Nero Wave Editor
3. FL Studio
4. Wavepad Sound Editor
5. Virtual DJ
6. Sound Forge 9.0
8. Ulead Video Studio
9. Acoustica Mixcraft 4
10. Mixxx
11. Adobe Audition
12. Reaper
13. Gold Wave

@Hamit, you're very welcome Bro. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thank you Reed, Lonely and Harri for participating in the mixing program challenge. I'm still waiting for others (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whip.gif) including you Jas (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whip.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

When I come home tomorrow, I will post these mixes together, to keep track, and when the challenge is over, we'll all vote on what we think which software program makes the best mixing solution. Please don't forget to rate and leave comments on everyones mix (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Until tomorrow, take care everyone. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

+Quote Post
lonelyboyiran
post Aug 20 2009, 03:00 PM
Post #40

sorry all, forgot to say, i used Acoustica MP3 Audio Mixer (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
and defy, have a good night work.
let me see, what is your job that u have to work at night, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/busted_cop.gif) r u a bank robber? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gun_bandana1.gif)
well, if u share the money with me ( 60% me and 40% you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) ) i won't tell any one that u r a bank robber (IMG:style_emoticons/default/locked.gif) and maybe sometimes i will help u with my rifle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rifle.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif) just kidding

This post has been edited by lonelyboyiran: Aug 20 2009, 03:07 PM

+Quote Post
Defil3d
post Aug 21 2009, 09:43 AM
Post #41

Group Icon

QUOTE (lonelyboyiran @ Aug 20 2009, 05:00 PM) *
and defy, have a good night work.
let me see, what is your job that u have to work at night, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/busted_cop.gif) r u a bank robber? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/gun_bandana1.gif)
well, if u share the money with me ( 60% me and 40% you (IMG:style_emoticons/default/happy.gif) ) i won't tell any one that u r a bank robber (IMG:style_emoticons/default/locked.gif) and maybe sometimes i will help u with my rifle (IMG:style_emoticons/default/rifle.gif)
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif) just kidding

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) I'll share the money with you Bro, but only 50/50% (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

Hmm... only 3 ppl has participated in the Software Program mix contest (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Jas? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whip.gif) Where's yours? (IMG:http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sFun_bat.gif)

I'm thinking about adding an addition to Mixing Tips. There will be 2 positions opening up for MT Counselors. After thinking and debating, I will release an application for everyone to fill out and apply, along with description. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I'm also thinking about having a "Transition Mix Contest" every week, and I will try to have the winner from each week, have their mix featured somewhere where everyone can see the mix.

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions for "Mixing Tips", and would love to see it improve, please post them. (IMG:http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sFun_cheerleader2.gif)

Btw... this is what i do when I'm bored... (IMG:http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sFun_DeadHorse.gif)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) j/k

+Quote Post
reed31
post Aug 21 2009, 11:18 AM
Post #42

Group Icon

Group: Legendary DJ
Member No.: 4877007

thats good idea bro, (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
thump_rockstar
post Aug 21 2009, 11:26 AM
Post #43

Group: Premium Publisher
From: (Latitude: 30° 52' 60 N, Longitude: 75° 50' 60 E) :-)
Member No.: 1769070

@Harri-Superb mixes bro, 2nd one is definitely my pick (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

@Curt-TMC sounds a cool idea bro (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

+Quote Post
Defil3d
post Aug 21 2009, 12:05 PM
Post #44

Group Icon

QUOTE (reed31 @ Aug 21 2009, 01:18 PM) *

QUOTE (thump_rockstar @ Aug 21 2009, 01:26 PM) *
@Curt-TMC sounds a cool idea bro (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

Thank you guys (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wub.gif)

+Quote Post
christina86
post Aug 21 2009, 01:56 PM
Post #45

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 1844784

QUOTE (Defil3d @ Aug 21 2009, 12:49 AM) *
The Software list is updated with 3 more programs!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)
1. Audacity
2. Nero Wave Editor
3. FL Studio
4. Wavepad Sound Editor
5. Virtual DJ
6. Sound Forge 9.0
8. Ulead Video Studio
9. Acoustica Mixcraft 4
10. Mixxx
11. Adobe Audition
12. Reaper
13. Gold Wave

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif) I didn't even know there are so many softwares. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

QUOTE (Defil3d @ Aug 21 2009, 07:43 PM) *
Hmm... only 3 ppl has participated in the Software Program mix contest (IMG:style_emoticons/default/dry.gif) Jas? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/whip.gif) Where's yours? (IMG:http://www.forumsextreme.com/images/sFun_bat.gif)

I guess that will help too (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bash.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/bash.gif) Comon people, post your mixes. Don't be shy. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

QUOTE (Defil3d @ Aug 21 2009, 07:43 PM) *
I'm also thinking about having a "Transition Mix Contest" every week, and I will try to have the winner from each week, have their mix featured somewhere where everyone can see the mix.

That would be great idea. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif)

+Quote Post

79 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 03:14 AM