post Dec 4 2010, 09:45 AM
Post #61

Group Icon

Group: WPC Manager
Member No.: 5059374

QUOTE (krish_nank @ Dec 4 2010, 09:22 AM) *
QUOTE (Galina53 @ Dec 4 2010, 02:53 AM) *
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Dec 4 2010, 01:19 AM) *
I don't get what you mean by fall in the recommended loads. Please elaborate.

It's competition of themes and we are competing with themes as entry. Themes include a lot of other things = theme elements, theme presentation, wallpaper etc.

You are right, it's hard to have fun when you see "unfair treatment". Equally true, it's hard to have fun if you see people complaining about results/vote for friends/same people winning etc WITHOUT any CONSTRUCTIVE SUGGESTION. My standard answer to this = give us suggestion. Give us constructive suggestion on how we can solve the so call "unfair treatment". Then we will see what we can do about it. As far as I can see, Toothy is something we give for new participants. If you have some other workable idea, say it out.

I watch closely the themes of competitions and I see this is not the first time .. some of the themes of competition in the first day of fall in the recommended and I want to know, why? What are the criteria for getting the theme to the recommended? This is the objective or subjective?

(IMG:http://s61.radikal.ru/i173/1012/47/a0ce6919587b.jpg)

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) I never knew till now this theme was featured......... @AW i don't want to be example of discussion like this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/1.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/1.gif) . I left "Z" because there were many unmatured people groups around creating a problem and admin was not bothered. Here, i find admin's or managers are over loaded and this creates lot of missunderstanding between good friends . Better i don't compete in any contest just sit back and enjoy the art of theming. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

Your theme is not discussed, I want to understand why theme with the best indices it is disregarded. Your theme pleases me and I you about this wrote. to delight in possible only with the objective evaluation of works. possibly, we relate to the competition very seriously, but we- Russians and we always relate seriously to any occupation, including to creation by the themes. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
protsenko2006
post Dec 4 2010, 10:36 AM
Post #62

Group Icon

Group: TMC Manager
Member No.: 4837671

QUOTE (krish_nank @ Dec 4 2010, 06:22 PM) *
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) I never knew till now this theme was featured......... @AW i don't want to be example of discussion like this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/1.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/1.gif) . I left "Z" because there were many unmatured people groups around creating a problem and admin was not bothered. Here, i find admin's or managers are over loaded and this creates lot of missunderstanding between good friends . Better i don't compete in any contest just sit back and enjoy the art of theming. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

The problem is not your theme. We think that the forum is treated badly to Russian. Your themes are good and I like!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif)

+Quote Post
_anuj_
post Dec 4 2010, 10:20 AM
Post #63

Group Icon

Group: Gifted Themer
Member No.: 4866144

I dont think any theme is intentionally dis-regarded, as AW has mentioned there are so many uploads being submitted here, not just themes, and its just not humanly possible to cover all these items. you say that you take your theming seriously.......as do I but lets remember we are all here to have fun, win or loose, featured or un-featured, just enjoy being here and taking part. The best reward you will recieve are the feedback from people who like your theme and the the thousands of people who download your work..........

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Dec 4 2010, 10:20 AM
Post #64

Group Icon

QUOTE (protsenko2006 @ Dec 4 2010, 10:36 AM) *
QUOTE (krish_nank @ Dec 4 2010, 06:22 PM) *

The problem is not your theme. We think that the forum is treated badly to Russian. Your themes are good and I like!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif)

Completely agree, I see the problem in this and what would be a good theme, we did not do, so our estimates will be poor.

+Quote Post
protsenko2006
post Dec 4 2010, 11:04 AM
Post #65

Group Icon

QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Dec 4 2010, 07:20 PM) *
I dont think any theme is intentionally dis-regarded, as AW has mentioned there are so many uploads being submitted here, not just themes, and its just not humanly possible to cover all these items. you say that you take your theming seriously.......as do I but lets remember we are all here to have fun, win or loose, featured or un-featured, just enjoy being here and taking part.

Of course, I totally agree with you, we want to communicate, compete, but so that no one was hurt, that all was fair and square!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

+Quote Post
fizztone
post Dec 4 2010, 11:55 AM
Post #66

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 8075566

When itz come to featured upload..i dnt knw standard procedure...bt i think itz so hard tht ur file wil b featured..if u hvnt won contest..or u nt so popular..or reputed...as aw mentiond itz impossible cover all filez..so may b their 1st preference 2 reputed or certified members...which is smwht nt unfair..cuz dis ppl got reputation by lot of hard work n quality work in past....

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Dec 4 2010, 12:40 PM
Post #67

Group Icon

QUOTE (fizztone @ Dec 4 2010, 11:55 AM) *
When itz come to featured upload..i dnt knw standard procedure...bt i think itz so hard tht ur file wil b featured..if u hvnt won contest..or u nt so popular..or reputed...as aw mentiond itz impossible cover all filez..so may b their 1st preference 2 reputed or certified members...which is smwht nt unfair..cuz dis ppl got reputation by lot of hard work n quality work in past....

You communicate with the Russian, you can not do much of abbreviations, it is impossible to translate what you wrote!

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Dec 4 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #68

Group Icon

QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Dec 4 2010, 10:20 AM) *
I dont think any theme is intentionally dis-regarded, as AW has mentioned there are so many uploads being submitted here, not just themes, and its just not humanly possible to cover all these items. you say that you take your theming seriously.......as do I but lets remember we are all here to have fun, win or loose, featured or un-featured, just enjoy being here and taking part. The best reward you will recieve are the feedback from people who like your theme and the the thousands of people who download your work..........

Thank you! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

This post has been edited by Galina53: Dec 4 2010, 01:16 PM

+Quote Post
thabull
post Dec 4 2010, 03:01 PM
Post #69

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Themer
Member No.: 613363

@krish..... as galina and pro already told u it's not about your theme krish..... it was just an example, si please don't take it personally.....

@galina & protsenko..... i don't speak for the admin, but just notice that..... AW already explained the way "featured" themes are handled, and anuj also told some things........
i don't think that m9 has something with russians... what happens to u, happens to many people...... it happens to me to..... every now and then when i c that a theme of mine fullfill the requirements to be featured i sent a pm to AW with the links to my themes that i believe should be featured. that's all. if u do the same thing your themes may be featured to.....
and i say "may" because a rating of 5 and 5 favorites doesn't automatically promote a theme to be featured... i personally have many themes that fullfill these requirements, i let admins know about that and still didn't get featured.....

so please sit back, relax and enjoy.... featured themes will come but most important is as anuj already told is to have fun, to communicate, to learn each other!!!
be well my friends (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Dec 4 2010, 11:59 PM
Post #70

Group Icon

@Thabuil

All right! Possibly we make mistakes in the problem with the Russians. I it looked final page, there by the much themes with the very good results on the site. The many thanks for the understanding! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

This post has been edited by Galina53: Dec 5 2010, 12:02 AM

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Dec 5 2010, 08:35 PM
Post #71

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

QUOTE (krish_nank @ Dec 5 2010, 12:22 AM) *

As others have mentioned, it's not about you or anyone's theme, it's about good themes not get featured. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) So don't take it personally. Ask anyone over here, they will tell you how much they enjoyed having you around, because you seriously make some awesome S40 themes and it brings joy to everyone. We are here because we love theming, love to meet new people who share the same interest, and to improve. That's the only reason why STC exists. People like you and some others take it the right way and it's important to have you guys. The moment everybody in STC is looking to win and nothing else - that's when STC will stop. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE (thabull @ Dec 5 2010, 12:02 AM) *
@AW.... perhaps u should consider not feauring contestant files until the contest is over Pat? even if these two activities have nothing to do with each other, it would be much better to wait till the contest is finished.... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) just a thought.....

There is a reason for that - I know I miss good themes that's why sometimes as soon as I see a good theme, I straight away feature it ... if I have to skip it because contest is not over yet, I might not remember to come back to it again ... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wallbash.gif)

QUOTE (protsenko2006 @ Dec 5 2010, 01:36 AM) *
We think that the forum is treated badly to Russian.

First, I am sorry if any of us give you that impression. We never have any problem with where people come from. Truth is I don't even know where everyone come from and I don't need to know. I just need to know the person I am talking to and that's all. Whether it is a he or a she, comes from Antarctica or South Africa or any part of the world = all these don't matter to me.

@Galina @Prot
As mentioned earlier, please write to me = post any good themes that should be featured but not in my profile. I will take a look into it. It is the same with others, they either post in my profile or send me a PM. Absolutely agree with you guys, good to communicate, good to clear up misunderstanding. No love is lost I hope. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

QUOTE (_anuj_ @ Dec 5 2010, 01:20 AM) *
as do I but lets remember we are all here to have fun, win or loose, featured or un-featured, just enjoy being here and taking part. The best reward you will recieve are the feedback from people who like your theme and the the thousands of people who download your work..........

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif) I am so proud of you mate. I still remember our private conversation last time and I am so glad you came out of it so well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif) And I think by coming out, you enjoy theming & see STC differently now? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE (fizztone @ Dec 5 2010, 02:55 AM) *

You understood something not many people understand = reputation builds over time by hard work. And reputation of course help in a lot of thing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

------
Phiew ... finish! Interesting bit is what I see here. Thanks to those who have reacted so maturely! Seriously, we have some super understanding minds in STC and I am so proud of that. You help make STC the way we want it to be!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/notworthy.gif)

I know there are a lot of things we can improve on. We are trying our very very best. It's not an excuse, but I honestly do everything I can to make good things happen for M9ers every single minute I am on & off here. Off here, I am thinking, I am drawing, I am researching. Anyway, we will do better bit by bit. We will need time & your patience. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

+Quote Post
protsenko2006
post Dec 7 2010, 01:27 AM
Post #72

Group Icon

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Dec 6 2010, 05:35 AM) *
@Galina @Prot
As mentioned earlier, please write to me = post any good themes that should be featured but not in my profile. I will take a look into it. It is the same with others, they either post in my profile or send me a PM. Absolutely agree with you guys, good to communicate, good to clear up misunderstanding. No love is lost I hope. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

We thought, that the themes will automatically fall into the Featured. I never would have thought that the theme to select personal admin.
QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Dec 6 2010, 05:35 AM) *
Anyway, we will do better bit by bit. We will need time & your patience. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

And it's great, I want to help in this case! An excellent site!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/grouphug.gif)

ArthurWill, Thanks for the reply!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
Guest_kransh786786_*
post Dec 23 2010, 01:24 AM
Post #73

Guests

QUOTE (kransh @ O2010, 10:36 PM) *

e

+Quote Post
Guest_kransh786786_*
post Dec 23 2010, 01:29 AM
Post #74

Guests

[quote name='thabull' date='Dec 4 2010, 03:01 PM' post='792125']
@krish..... as galina and pro already told u it's not about your theme krish..... it was just an example, si please don't take it personally.....

@galina & protsenko..... i don't speak for the admin, but just notice that..... AW already explained the way "featured" themes are handled, and anuj also told some things........
i don't think that m9 has something with russians... what happens to u, happens to many people...... it happens to me to..... every now and then when i c that a theme of mine fullfill the requirements to be featured i sent a pm to AW with the links to my themes that i believe should be featured. that's all. if u do the same thing your themes may be featured to.....
and i say "may" because a rating of 5 and 5 favorites doesn't automatically promote a theme to be featured... i personally have many themes that fullfill these requirements, i let admins know about that and still didn't get featured.....

so please sit back, re well my friends (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) :by

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Dec 25 2010, 04:03 AM
Post #75

Group Icon

QUOTE (kransh786786 @ Dec 23 2010, 01:29 AM) *

so please sit back, re well my friends (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif) :by

Would be better off themes with such features will be added automatically! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 3 4 5 6 7 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th November 2014 - 11:27 PM