> Feedback & Suggestions
thabull
post Oct 12 2011, 10:01 AM
Post #121

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Themer
Member No.: 613363

QUOTE (Galina53 @ Oct 12 2011, 03:29 PM) *
@thabull, Yes, I'm just so, and I think. This is Impossible create themes for phones that do not know this phone. The emulator does not show the real picture.

i agree with that sweetie. that's why i never make themes that i can't test.......
and when people make themes they can't test, things like that happen..... but as i see, neda has installed the theme in her phone...... that's troubles me....

but my point in the whole conversation was "why didn't you v5 users gave that feedback earlier? don't you test the themes?" this is my main concern.....

this was the point i was trying to promote..... for everybody test the themes abd give the proper feedback..... not after the results...

how would you feel if after the results somebody told you that your theme has a problem? (do you see what i mean?)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Oct 12 2011, 11:15 AM
Post #122

Group Icon

Group: WPC Manager
Member No.: 5059374

@thabull, from the known to you the reasons I this time the themes is not tested. But when I test to them and write comments, not everyone likes. sscob1 explained why the theme can only operate in one phone.I do not understand. The tendency to make themes for phones, which the authors have no I do not like. Therefore, a large number of low-grade themes. I think you remember a case when one author drawn in Photoshop clock, which the phone can not be. The main thing is that the picture was beautiful. I participated in competitions for the Russian sites. Themes necessarily checked. If someone had told me that the theme of my theme has problems,I would immediately remove it from the site and asked to withdraw from the contest. This is nonsense, when the theme that has received the cup does not work on phones.

This post has been edited by Galina53: Oct 12 2011, 11:18 AM

+Quote Post
protsenko2006
post Oct 12 2011, 12:11 PM
Post #123

Group Icon

Group: TMC Manager
Member No.: 4837671

QUOTE (Galina53 @ Oct 12 2011, 09:15 PM) *
@thabull, from the known to you the reasons I this time the themes is not tested. But when I test to them and write comments, not everyone likes. sscob1 explained why the theme can only operate in one phone.I do not understand. The tendency to make themes for phones, which the authors have no I do not like. Therefore, a large number of low-grade themes. I think you remember a case when one author drawn in Photoshop clock, which the phone can not be. The main thing is that the picture was beautiful. I participated in competitions for the Russian sites. Themes necessarily checked. If someone had told me that the theme of my theme has problems,I would immediately remove it from the site and asked to withdraw from the contest. This is nonsense, when the theme that has received the cup does not work on phones.

The theme should be available to all, and is. And I do not understand how you can make a theme with no phone. This is not a good temmer.

I have nothing against the author, but the results of the competition should be reconsidered. Galina right, this is nonsense!

It is not clear why there is no response from the moderator.

This post has been edited by protsenko2006: Oct 12 2011, 12:14 PM

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Oct 12 2011, 02:13 PM
Post #124

Group Icon

QUOTE (sscob1 @ Oct 12 2011, 01:43 PM) *
Actually OPDA issues a key file against only one IMEI Number, and people use that keys to sign their software/themes with help of any signing tool. If your phone is a hacked one there is no problem to install that kind of theme/software. It is always recommended for 5th edition themers to make their own keys with carbide. I will make a tutorial how handle key pairs in carbide.

We use the key and certificate in Carbide. My phone is "hacked" But the theme Neda I can not installed.

+Quote Post
sscob1
post Oct 12 2011, 02:21 PM
Post #125

Group Icon

Group: Gifted Themer
Member No.: 5198876

QUOTE (Galina53 @ Oct 13 2011, 02:43 AM) *
QUOTE (sscob1 @ Oct 12 2011, 01:43 PM) *
Actually OPDA issues a key file against only one IMEI Number, and people use that keys to sign their software/themes with help of any signing tool. If your phone is a hacked one there is no problem to install that kind of theme/software. It is always recommended for 5th edition themers to make their own keys with carbide. I will make a tutorial how handle key pairs in carbide.

We use the key and certificate in Carbide. My phone is "hacked" But the theme Neda I can not installed.

I hope this tutorial can help. Btw why u hacked your phone? it is not recommended (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) just kidding (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) It's almost morning in India going to sleep, miss your flash themes Galina (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Oct 12 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #126

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

@Sscob1
Thanks so much for the tutorial, Saby. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) I will make your tutorial pinned in STC area.

@thabull
As usual, well said. Agree.

@Galina @Prot
We won't reconsider the results in this case because it was just a certificate error. And we know how complicated the whole Symbian signed thing is. From the screenshots, it does seem that the theme was generated on a phone, like others have suggested. Neda didn't mock the theme up using photoshop.

I also agree with what others have mentioned, themers don't necessarily only make themes for their own phones. It's a personal choice. And to test theme live on phone or not is also personal choice. What we can do is help each other to improve. And I think the way Saby demonstrated by putting up a tutorial to help Neda & others, is a perfect role model.

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Oct 12 2011, 10:07 PM
Post #127

Group Icon

QUOTE (sscob1 @ Oct 12 2011, 02:21 PM) *
I hope this tutorial can help. Btw why u hacked your phone? it is not recommended (IMG:style_emoticons/default/mad.gif) just kidding (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) It's almost morning in India going to sleep, miss your flash themes Galina (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)

Stopped issuing certificates to phones. I had no other choice. I do not live in India! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

@ArthurWill, This is your decision. If the topic will remain on the site, you will punish users. I do not think that this is a certificate error. Otherwise, other themes by Neda are not installed to the phone. They are set.

Certificate error is accompanied by another message. This is a warning on theme Neda.

(IMG:http://s017.radikal.ru/i411/1110/9d/c89cd56a81db.png)

This post has been edited by Galina53: Oct 12 2011, 10:36 PM

+Quote Post
thabull
post Oct 12 2011, 11:17 PM
Post #128

Group Icon

QUOTE (Galina53 @ Oct 13 2011, 08:07 AM) *
Certificate error is accompanied by another message. This is a warning on theme Neda.

(IMG:http://s017.radikal.ru/i411/1110/9d/c89cd56a81db.png)

don't give any importance in that message galina.... i always get messages like this trying to install stuff in my phone. still i install them because i trust the resource......

my dear galina.... i think that you still didn't understand me...., but i can't make it more simple than i already did......

but neda has a v5 phone..... so what kind of themes she should be making? v5...... that is what she did..... so why all this talk about people should making themes for phones they own? it's their choice and risk to create themes that they can't test.....

i also want to ask you and tatiana a question... have you ever voted for Jolansky's themes? (i don't really need to answer me that cause it would reveal voting....)
but if you did, then what is all this about peple not reating themes for phones they don't own? jolansky didn't own a S^3 theme... so why did you voted for her (if you did....)
and does this mean that becaue Jolansky doesn't have an S^3 phone, we S^3 users should miss her great themes? i have tested every single theme of hers (as i do for every S^3 theme gets out in contests) and the themes were absolutely perfect technically!!!!!!!!!!! the artistic part is another discussion..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
so why all this mess?

and still nobody has answered me....
Why didn't neda got this feedback earlier?
if anybody had let her know, she would have corrected the mistake and now we wouldn't be talking...... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)
in some of the past contest, when testing the s60v3 themes from a certain themer that almost all have been voting for, i was getting the same error or that the file was corrupted... i sent him pm letting him know.... he provided new .sis file and asked me for results... till the .sis file was ok.....
i never waited to point that out after the results.......
this is my point my dear galina, tatiana and saby.......

for the rest, i do agree that if a theme has problems and can't be installed, it should be removed...... but not after the winning announcement... it's not ethical....

@AW... still we got to protect the site and the contest Pat..... people say "wow that theme was silver in STC, i will get it. and then they get dissapointed because it's not working.
so, i think that we should notify neda to provide a new .sis file which works this time..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) otherwise it's up to u what it will be done eventually.....

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Oct 13 2011, 12:33 AM
Post #129

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

QUOTE (thabull @ Oct 13 2011, 02:17 PM) *
@AW... still we got to protect the site and the contest Pat..... people say "wow that theme was silver in STC, i will get it. and then they get dissapointed because it's not working.
so, i think that we should notify neda to provide a new .sis file which works this time..... (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif) otherwise it's up to u what it will be done eventually.....

Absolutely. Neda needs to know about this issue. I will let her know.

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Oct 13 2011, 01:01 AM
Post #130

Group Icon

@thabull, I understand you perfectly. Neda making themes for v.5 phone. As you know, I have the same phone version. This theme is not installed. Other themes by Neda are set. I can not give you a different message. It appears for a short time. Check the topic I have not had time. Very often the themes immediately poured into the final stream. And then you write that is not correct to comment on this theme. And I see that hardly anyone listens to remarks. Author of Photoshop clocks and did not think to correct. And with me entered into a long discussion. This happened because she did not know about the phones, which makes the theme. Why spend time and hassle if people do not care, what are their themes? No one, self-respecting writer would not leave the topic with a marriage on the site.

This post has been edited by Galina53: Oct 13 2011, 01:15 AM

+Quote Post
thabull
post Oct 13 2011, 01:41 AM
Post #131

Group Icon

QUOTE (Galina53 @ Oct 13 2011, 11:01 AM) *
@thabull, I understand you perfectly. Neda making themes for v.5 phone. As you know, I have the same phone version. This theme is not installed. Other themes by Neda are set. I can not give you a different message. It appears for a short time. Check the topic I have not had time. Very often the themes immediately poured into the final stream. And then you write that is not correct to comment on this theme. And I see that hardly anyone listens to remarks. Author of Photoshop clocks and did not think to correct. And with me entered into a long discussion. This happened because she did not know about the phones, which makes the theme. Why spend time and hassle if people do not care, what are their themes? No one, self-respecting writer would not leave the topic with a marriage on the site.

yes galina... i agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but......
i think that the excuse of people not paying attention to feedback etc, it's not that serious. we should do our duty and leave the themer does as he/she likes. otherwise imho it's unethical.....
if we had informed neda earlier about her "mistake" in the theme, then we would have the right to ask for "disqualification"
when she uploaded the theme, she didn't know that there was problem with that.... i think we should give that credit to her....

so as i proposed we should give her a chance to fix the bug..... don't you agree?

and i trust you to test it and give the ok for keeping it or dump it..... cause i know that you are a righteous person.....

This post has been edited by thabull: Oct 13 2011, 01:43 AM

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Oct 13 2011, 03:15 AM
Post #132

Group Icon

@thabull, I only support it. But do not me explain to you what surprises-sometimes presents Carbide. Perhaps the screenshots were made in the interim. I myself often do so. Then something happened and the theme is not correctly preserved.I enjoy Neda and its themes. I'll be happy if she could fix the problem.

+Quote Post
thabull
post Oct 13 2011, 03:56 AM
Post #133

Group Icon

QUOTE (Galina53 @ Oct 13 2011, 01:15 PM) *
@thabull, I only support it. But do not me explain to you what surprises-sometimes presents Carbide. Perhaps the screenshots were made in the interim. I myself often do so. Then something happened and the theme is not correctly preserved.I enjoy Neda and its themes. I'll be happy if she could fix the problem.

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)

still i hope that we agree that every themer should check the functionality of his/her theme!!!!!!!!!!!! (personally i always check the file i'm going to upload..... i don't care about the before or after that..... but the file that will be uploaded i make sure that works at least in my phone....)

+Quote Post
Galina53
post Oct 13 2011, 04:37 AM
Post #134

Group Icon

QUOTE (thabull @ Oct 13 2011, 03:56 AM) *
still i hope that we agree that every themer should check the functionality of his/her theme!!!!!!!!!!!! (personally i always check the file i'm going to upload..... i don't care about the before or after that..... but the file that will be uploaded i make sure that works at least in my phone....)

I think that every thamer, which values ​​its reputation checks his themes. There are occasional people who do not understand that, if only to take part in the competition. Fortunately, there are not many. The case with the theme by Neda of this unpleasant misunderstanding. She is very clever. The only drawback to Neda themes- weight. Need to give up Photoshop when make themes.

+Quote Post
san-sagar
post Nov 30 2011, 01:32 PM
Post #135

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 9008745

Hey themer , whtz up? Are you guys strugling with cert problem?
Dont you all used freesigner. . .hey gallina i have v5 phone . .i can install everysingle theme by neda .
Ya thabull your correct all themers should ,checked the themes before uploading for stc or tmc.

+Quote Post

11 Pages V  « < 7 8 9 10 11 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 14th September 2014 - 07:10 PM