Closed TopicStart new topic
> Formula1 2009, ....the battle begins!
ArthurWill
post Mar 28 2009, 02:29 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 131119

This is going to be interesting! First pole position in first ever GP for Brawn-Mercedes! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

Australia GP Qualifying Results
1. Button Brawn-Mercedes
2. Barrichello Brawn-Mercedes
3. Vettel Red Bull-Renault
4. Kubica BMW-Sauber
5. Rosberg Williams-Toyota
6. Glock Toyota
7. Massa Ferrari
8. Trulli Toyota
9. Raikkonen Ferrari
10. Webber Red Bull-Renault
11. Heidfeld BMW-Sauber
12. Alonso Renault
13. Nakajima Williams-Toyota
14. Kovalainen McLaren-Mercedes
15. Hamilton McLaren-Mercedes
16. Buemi Toro Rosso-Ferrari
17. Piquet Renault
18. Fisichella Force India-Mercedes
19. Sutil Force India-Mercedes
20. Bourdais Toro Rosso-Ferrari

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Mar 28 2009, 07:16 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 583675

awesome qualifying session (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) Brawn totally dominated it...Brawn has the muscles (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif) (one commentator said that...i think it was Karun (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) )

@Aho: (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) you were spot on! Brawn did some awesome work!!

QUOTE (ahodarkar @ Mar 28 2009, 02:14 PM) *
btw did yall realise that kers is not very good when it comes to qualifying...the teams who chose kers are down in t dumps....its 35kgs afterall!!!
in a sport wher the weight of a few litres of fuel matters one has to ask...does 35kgs justify 6 secs of boost?
well ross brawn definitely thinks otherwise, hes declared that he isnt gonna use kers this year
and whos to challenge him after today!!!
but kers mite come in handy in t race tomorrow...lets c (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

KERS might be useful mainly in overtaking maneuvers. coming out of the corner, the guy with the KERS has a definite advantage since he can get a boost for upto 6 seconds, enough to overtake the guy in front, i am sure.
but yeah. the additional weight is a disadvantage.
Robert chose not to use KERS since he himself was too heavy!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)

Brawn, meanwhile, had a definite advantage due to their clever diffuser system. That is not to say that they haven't done a brilliant job with the other aspects of their car. Honda actually started work on their 2009 car before any other team, courtesy Ross Brawn. he convinced them that they didnt stand a chance un 2008 anywayz....pretty clever huh?

i am pretty sure the guys in Honda are kicking themselves, though. Honda could have won after a long time. couldn't have found a worse time to sell out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)

QUOTE (neharege_007 @ Mar 28 2009, 02:25 PM) *
okay call me dumb but what happened to ferrari and mclaren
they used to win na?
and which is this brawn gp team!!
is it a new team

like Ahodarkar said, the regulations this year are entirely different

McLaren's simulated drives are not matching up with the on track tests....meaning their car is behaving differently than the computer simulations predicted. as a result they are struggling. I heard that they have brought in new diffusers, though...let's see if that helps.

Ferrari, meanwhile, aren't doing too bad a job. i guess many people are going to point at the clever diffusers of Toyota, Brawn and Williams and say that the other teams don't stand a chance anywayz...
not sure if that is entirely true, but i am sure Ferrari are gonna make a comeback sooner than McLaren.

Brawn GP is basically Honda. Ross Brawn bought over all of Honda's assests, their F1 tech, cars etc....so basically, it's just honda uner a different name, and ownership

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Mar 28 2009, 07:19 AM
Post #33

Group Icon

QUOTE (ArthurWill @ Mar 28 2009, 02:59 PM) *
This is going to be interesting! First pole position in first ever GP for Brawn-Mercedes! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

it's more than a pole position...it's a freakin' 1-2 !!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) just imagine....if Brawn gets a 1-2 in the race tomorrow (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ohmy.gif)
Ross Brawn will be hailed as the best businessman ever!

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Mar 28 2009, 07:29 AM
Post #34

Group Icon

just returned from formula1.com
the stewards have been dishing out some penalties (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
i am confused by the two stories, though (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) see them yourself

1. Hamilton to start from 20th position
Hamilton, who qualified at 15th position, has been sent back to last position following a gear-box change, which was originally the reason why he didn't participate in the second round of qualifying....

Complete story here

2. Toyota sent to back of grid for wing rule infringement
Both Toyota cars were demoted to the back of the grid after a post-qualifying test by the stewards revealed "extreme flexibility" in their rear wings, which is an infringement of FIA's technical regulations....

Complete story here

now, the question is, who starts last? Hamilton? or the Toyota cars?? how will this decision be made? what aspects will the stewards consider to decide who starts last?

EDIT: according to my interpretation of the penalties, it should be Toyota at the back of the grid.
Hamilton qualified 15th and got a 5 place penalty, which means that technically he did qualify, but in 20th position.
Toyota, meanwhile, had their qualifying times nullified, which means that, technically, they didn't qualify for any race position at all....as a result, it should be Toyota which should be last.

This post has been edited by boxieblue: Mar 28 2009, 07:31 AM

+Quote Post
ahodarkar
post Mar 28 2009, 07:49 AM
Post #35

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 792651

yeah i suppose ur rite....lewis shud start 18th by t looks of it
but can toyota come back wid legitimate "non-flexible" wings in 1 day?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
and they even claim that it wont affect the cars performance!!!
bizzare stuff this

This post has been edited by ahodarkar: Mar 28 2009, 07:55 AM

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Mar 28 2009, 08:04 AM
Post #36

Group Icon

QUOTE (ahodarkar @ Mar 28 2009, 08:19 PM) *
yeah i suppose ur rite....lewis shud start 18th by t looks of it
but can toyota come back wid legitimate "non-flexible" wings in 1 day?? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/blink.gif)
and they even claim that it wont affect the cars performance!!!
bizzare stuff this

bizarre is the perfect word for it (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif)
yea that's a pretty good question...can toyota come back with legitimate wings. i guess they will simply have to manipulate some of the joints in the wing-work so make them less flexible. maybe the teams also keep different kinds of wings in stock? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)
and if it didn't affect the cars' performance, i am sure FIA regulations wouldn't have mentioned it so specifically....

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Mar 28 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Usually teams know clearly whether they are pushing the limit of regulations or not. So in this case, I'm guessing Toyota has a spare stock. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Looks like the first GP in 2009 is quite messy, full of surprise & protests. Williams launched and then withdrawn their protest against RBR and Ferrari over possible technical infringement.

Anyone watching the race live today? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
ahodarkar
post Mar 28 2009, 08:53 PM
Post #38

im watchin it live (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)

btw you guys are probably rite...they must have come wid multiple sets of wings
they tried to cheat and get away wid it...
they got caught
now they'l use the other wings
what t heck twas a good try (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Mar 28 2009, 11:01 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

The race is about to start! Vrommmm...

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Mar 28 2009, 11:22 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

Is it just me? This year's F1 chassis are ugly! The front wing & the tyres. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wacko.gif)

+Quote Post
ahodarkar
post Mar 29 2009, 01:00 AM
Post #41

regardless whether they r ugly or not, the racing is awesome!!!!!! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif)
did u see how much overtaking took place
BRAWN ROOOOLZ!!!
what a race

feel bad for vettel and kubica tho
red bull are lookin very good indeed
in '99 it was ferrari vs mclaren
engineered by ross brawn and adrian newey
dejavu time
'09 brawn gp vs red bull
but its still ross brawn vs adrian newey!!!

even toyotas lookin damn promising
trulli started from pits and ended on t podium!!!

did yall realise something cars wid kers are impossible to overtake if u dont have kers urself
glock lost his cool stuck behind alonso!
it will come in very handy at venues like bahrain and malaysia wid long straight patches

This post has been edited by ahodarkar: Mar 29 2009, 01:00 AM

+Quote Post
sulthankareem
post Mar 29 2009, 01:44 AM
Post #42

Group: Members
Member No.: 3001413

Australian grandprix results
drivers position
01 Jenson Button 10
02 Rubens Barrichello 8
03 Jarno Trulli 6
04 Lewis Hamilton 5
05 Timo Glock 4
06 Fernando Alonso 3
07 Nico Rosberg 2
08 Sebastien Buemi 1
09 Sebastien Bourdais 0
10 Adrian Sutil 0
11 Nick Heidfeld 0
12 Giancarlo Fisichella 0
13 Mark Webber 0
14 Sebastian Vettel 0
15 Robert Kubica 0

team standings
01 Brawn-Mercedes 18
02 Toyota 10
03 McLaren-Mercedes 5
04 Renault 3
05 Williams-Toyota 2
06 STR-Ferrari 1
07 Force India-Mercedes 0
08 BMW Sauber 0
09 RBR-Renault 0
10 Ferrari 0

The Brawn GP fairytale continued on Sunday as Jenson Button and Rubens Barrichello finished first and second in the Australian Grand Prix, to give the team a maiden one-two victory in Melbourne

This post has been edited by sulthankareem: Mar 30 2009, 04:45 AM

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Mar 29 2009, 02:16 AM
Post #43

Group Icon

grandpree? when did they change the spellings? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif)

well, it was an awesome race. i guess the ugliness of the cars can be forgiven if they keep on racing like this. Robert made a rookie mistake.
but i think the extra-wide front-wing caused the accident. if you noticed, it was the wing that robert's car first touched. he lost control after that.

Brawn cars are looking very very good! Button was invincible....no one even came close to him. let's just hope they are reliable as well

Trulli did a great job, as did Hamilton....from 18th to 4th position is darned good.

as expected, KERS did help a lot in the racing situations....let's see if any of the other teams consider implementing it after today....

+Quote Post
superagent
post Mar 29 2009, 04:03 AM
Post #44

Group: Validating
Member No.: 4481056

Jenson Button cambeck (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) and time Brawn will be imminent in this year

Damage that kubica and Vettel and they have not approached kubica because it went excellently memorial.

for next for week there will be curiously

+Quote Post
adonisdemon
post Mar 29 2009, 08:00 AM
Post #45

Group Icon

Member No.: 6549

Great win for Button and the Brawn team overall. Glad Hmailton made it to 4th with a poor car so far. - All these results are still preliminary until the hearing towards the end of April on the rear dampers issue.

NOTE: This season they will still be using the conventional pointing system to determine the champion.

+Quote Post

10 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd November 2014 - 04:19 AM