> Mobile9 V5
boxieblue
post Jan 7 2009, 02:31 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 583675

QUOTE (Nemesis101 @ Jan 7 2009, 10:38 AM) *
I think common sense has to kick in here for some members, especially new members like Steve & realise this new V5 is not a tweak here & there or a simple colour change... we are talking about a complete overhaul of this sites presentation, navigation & over all site experience where also it has been designed in such a way to also attract new members eager to contribute to this site.
Of course there are bugs in the system, i mean all i have been able to do thus far is simply log in but its far too soon to be trying to pick fault, besides....soon the bugs will be addressed & this new design for M9 will be buzzing, then those a little too quick to complain will be eating humble pie.

Well done team.... give yourself a pat on the back... you deserve it !

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif) well said.
but i wouldn't get too rough on Steve. after all he doesn't know all the work that has been going on behind the scenes. he just voiced the opinion of hundreds of other members who came to M9 and suddenly found all these bugs and all...
i am sure his opinion will change in a couple of days when we are back on track

QUOTE (NVDVS1 @ Jan 7 2009, 02:23 PM) *
Well done all, I click my sigy in profile page and get error 404 and clicking NVDVS1 on home page as well. And to download I got 49 left today, the popup download this file came up and I lost a download point. Just tried to upload s60 3rd theme and hit submit and went back to the first page.

you will get these kind of errors for some time i guess. Patrick is working on the servers

QUOTE (Branislaw @ Jan 7 2009, 02:41 PM) *
Well, lets say something about new look and feel...I am little disappointed... Why?

1. Changes are small...only possibility to put YOU TUBE on PROFILE page is new, really new... (I don`t count things like DELETE ACCOUNT,GIFTS...)
2. I still can`t put some FLASH animation on my profile page...
3. We can`t change background (We can in previous version of Mobile9), now it looks like we have same profile pages...
4. Bugs...I know this is just beginning but now I can`t even see my profile page...no uploads in gallery (continues bug from previous version)...it`s very slow....only three themes seen on profile page!!!? (In previous version five themes on profile page)...
5. I hope you guys fix these problems soon,very soon...

why don't u count things like DELETE ACCOUNT, GIFTS? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif) in any case you now have a lot more options that u might not have noticed. one of these is you can choose one of your files to be featured on ur profile page. so if there is a file u think people visiting ur page shud know of, u simply have to feature it, and it will be shown above the other three files u mentioned.

true, that the number of files has gone down to three(actually FOUR if u count the featured file) instead of five, but it is still good enough. it looks attractive and people will probably go and see all ur uploads if they like the four they see....
i cant talk about the flash animations and customised hmepages....i will leave that to Patrick (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) we might have that in the future versions....

and finally, about the bugs, report all u find. u will find a red button in the gallery pages, on the top right. the M9 team is working hard to remove as many bugs as they can (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

enjoy your day (IMG:style_emoticons/default/byebye.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gault
post Jan 7 2009, 03:40 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 3469839

Well i think i'll wait for 4 to 5 days then i believe all bugs will be fixed.

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Jan 7 2009, 03:57 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

maybe not all of them...but most will be...M9 team is relying on users like u to report bugs (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
vinnieza
post Jan 7 2009, 03:59 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 850

3. We can`t change background (We can in previous version of Mobile9), now it looks like we have same profile pages...

You couldn't officially in the last one. Well it wasn't planned you could change it but it was due to an exploit. We could not include this in the new one for security reasons. However, ArthurWill said in the next patch we will try and look into this.

4. Bugs...I know this is just beginning but now I can`t even see my profile page...no uploads in gallery (continues bug from previous version)...it`s very slow....only three themes seen on profile page!!!? (In previous version five themes on profile page)...

I don't think the transition went to plan. When the site becomes stable again you will notice there are far fewer bugs (well there was in beta testing). However, to make a system truly bug free is incredibly hard- it can take so long there is no point working on it because as soon as you release it, it will be out dated. Hopefully with the new system bug fixing will be a lot quicker also.

1. Changes are small...only possibility to put YOU TUBE on PROFILE page is new, really new... (I don`t count things like DELETE ACCOUNT,GIFTS...)

Lots of changes on the profile with things like status updates, achievements, badges showing up on profiles, new CP system. Featured Members. Ringtone Previews. More interactive comment boxes. Ajax. Also backend changes e.g. forum upgrade. As said after some exploration you will see new features.

Well lets wait and see. When m9 is fully functional and had a bit of use we will be at a better position to judge (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .

Very true. For every minute it is like it is the more it frustrates our users. The programmers are working very hard to get everything stable. By the looks of it Patrick hasn't slept since the implementation started which was 24+ hours ago.

Bug: When i try to logout it says permission denied. Haha stuck in mobile9 forever.

Edit: Added updates. M9 crashed when posting and thus did not get all of post.

This post has been edited by vinnieza: Jan 7 2009, 07:46 AM
Reason for edit: Added updates. M9 crashed when posting and thus did not get all of post.

+Quote Post
Branislaw
post Jan 7 2009, 04:50 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Group: Gifted Themer
Member No.: 3033118

Thanks Vinnieza...I just hope you guys will fix this soon...

+Quote Post
eshghe_adidas
post Jan 7 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #21

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 2497757

QUOTE (Gault @ Jan 7 2009, 03:40 AM) *
Well i think i'll wait for 4 to 5 days then i believe all bugs will be fixed.

I hope it repair after 4 or 5 days.i can't see my homepage.
and it takes long time for loading
i can upload nothing,it is awful.plz help me
the last version was better than new version.

+Quote Post
mamaflump
post Jan 7 2009, 05:47 AM
Post #22

Member No.: 1633220

Aside from the bugs everyone is mentioning, which is to be expected when there are server migrations etc, I quite like it.
The colours easy on the eyes, it looks smooth and i'm sure we will all be navigating our way around like pro's before the month is out!

This post has been edited by mamaflump: Jan 7 2009, 05:49 AM

+Quote Post
adonisdemon
post Jan 7 2009, 07:09 AM
Post #23

Group Icon

Member No.: 6549

2. another important i would like to mention is there is no direct link to the forums thru the M9 homepage/gallery. i have to type in teh forum address directly to come here. can u add a link????

The link for the forum needs to be added, indeed.

2. I still can`t put some FLASH animation on my profile page...

I'm not sure this feature will ever be added, Flash has security threats which can be exploited.

Thanks for the feedback, I'm sure the dev team will sort them out asap and when reported.

I click my sigy in profile page and get error 404 and clicking NVDVS1 on home page as well.

Looks like it's down to some links broken, not sure what the new format will be for the homesites. One for Ex to clarify.

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Jan 7 2009, 07:32 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

Member No.: 131119

QUOTE (eshghe_adidas @ Jan 7 2009, 08:59 PM) *
I hope it repair after 4 or 5 days.i can't see my homepage.
Give us another day or so, and you should be able to see your profile page then.

and it takes long time for loading
Which section did you refer to? mobile9 main page, gallery, or forum? Can you please try again and let us know the results?

2. another important i would like to mention is there is no direct link to the forums thru the M9 homepage/gallery. i have to type in teh forum address directly to come here. can u add a link????

The link is now available, next to the Featured Forum Discussions.

+Quote Post
sanjica_is_smile...
post Jan 7 2009, 07:18 AM
Post #25

Member No.: 1763514

I LIKE IT! i don't worry, bugs come and go but.... you should do something about -contry-Yugoslavia don't exist 15 years (or something like that) it's Serbia now...there are a lot of users and uploaders from Serbia, so....

+Quote Post
vinnieza
post Jan 7 2009, 07:49 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

Member No.: 850

The link is now available, next to the Featured Forum Discussions.

It's tiny (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)

Any ideas how to clear unread posts. There was a link before but now there isn't and it says every single thread on mobile9 is unread. Very confusing identifying which are actually new posts. Edit: http://www.mobile9.com/invboard/index.php?...gin&CODE=05 did the trick (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

This post has been edited by vinnieza: Jan 7 2009, 07:43 AM

+Quote Post
Branislaw
post Jan 7 2009, 08:01 AM
Post #27

Group Icon

Bugs report:

1. Profile page can`t loaded.
2. Small avatar picture not work in some themes ( in my case... ).
3. Sometimes when I log in and just few minutes later I need to log in again even I already do that.
4. When I click on view all files at gallery (on profile page) it shows no uploads. This was major bug in previous version.
5. I can`t see number of downloads in my two last themes ( I upload them few days ago ).

+Quote Post
Branislaw
post Jan 7 2009, 08:44 AM
Post #28

Group Icon

QUOTE (sanjica_is_smiley @ Jan 7 2009, 03:18 PM) *
I LIKE IT! i don't worry, bugs come and go but.... you should do something about -contry-Yugoslavia don't exist 15 years (or something like that) it's Serbia now...there are a lot of users and uploaders from Serbia, so....

Yes, we are from SERBIA, not Yugoslavia...please fix this...

+Quote Post
AashirAzeem
post Jan 7 2009, 09:00 AM
Post #29

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 3211414

Great version............

But from where to reply?

I can't reply from that theme........

I am using old version ..................

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Jan 7 2009, 09:54 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

how can u use old version? it doesn't exist (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

Brainslaw is right, the profile pages do not load. but i am assuming expert knows this

@vince: the log out error is a funny one isn't it? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/haha.gif) many people can't log in...those who are in can't log out (IMG:style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif) it's like a prison....

+Quote Post

130 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th September 2014 - 02:53 AM