Closed TopicStart new topic
> Mobile9 V5
Patrick
post Jan 5 2009, 09:32 AM
Post #1

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 3

The M9 team proudly presents to you our latest release, mobile9.com v5! Apart from the new interface, a few notable changes:

1. Gallery
We have disabled guest downloads. Free registration is now required to download content from the gallery. If you are not yet a member, it’s just a quick one minute registration to enjoy tons of features we have prepared for you as a member.

3. My Account
Members now have a brand new my account as a central page to manage your account - set your profile info, change your avatar, set your status, manage your gallery files and much more!

4. Homesite > Profile
Homesite is depreciated. If you visit your old homesite, you will be redirected to your brand new profile page. New with profile are gifts, friends, your very personal file gallery, trophies, badges and also achievements. The new achievement system will replace the Contribution Points system. Just click on the ‘Achievement’ tab on your profile page to find out what’s the buzz about! You can find the link to your profile from My Account or click on your username on the top of every mobile9 pages.

There are a lot more changes to mobile9 so start exploring!

Your suggestions, feedback and bug report is most appreciated.

UPDATES:
- Notifications & Activities, never missed any of your friends upload, comments, gifts etc (11th Feb '09)
- New gifts & ability to send to multiple recipients (2nd March '09)
- Block users, stop problematic members from commenting on your profile & gallery file (27th March '09)
- mobile9 中文, introducing M9 to those whose primary language is mandarin (27th April '09)
- Flash widget, a new tool to show off your uploads (6th May '09)
- Mobile9 Lite, now you can take M9 with you on your phone wherever you go (13th August '09)
- Gallery Hall of Fame, a complete chart of Top 100 Most Downloaded Files for each category (26th August '09)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SteveToon
post Jan 6 2009, 10:32 AM
Post #2

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 3246908

I really don't like the new site at all! There seems to be a lot of bugs ie, I am unable to see any comments on my uploads left by other members + When I upload items there is no 'Upload Complete' message to let me know if it has been successful or not! + the whole site seems painfully slow, getting from one page to the next takes ages.
C'mon M9 sort it out!!

NOTHING WORKS . . . I'VE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO POST THIS REPLY BUT I KEEP GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE!!

WHAT A BUNCH OF AMATEURS!!!!

+Quote Post
adonisdemon
post Jan 6 2009, 11:11 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Member No.: 6549

QUOTE (SteveToon @ Jan 6 2009, 05:32 PM) *
I really don't like the new site at all! There seems to be a lot of bugs ie, I am unable to see any comments on my uploads left by other members + When I upload items there is no 'Upload Complete' message to let me know if it has been successful or not! + the whole site seems painfully slow, getting from one page to the next takes ages.
C'mon M9 sort it out!!

NOTHING WORKS . . . I'VE TRIED SEVERAL TIMES TO POST THIS REPLY BUT I KEEP GETTING AN ERROR MESSAGE!!

Initial few days will be temperamental due to server and DNS updates etc, you will experience time outs etc...

+Quote Post
Atalantos
post Jan 6 2009, 11:35 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 405066

It's awesome (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wow.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif)

+Quote Post
ArthurWill
post Jan 6 2009, 04:41 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Member No.: 131119

QUOTE (SteveToon @ Jan 7 2009, 01:32 AM) *
C'mon M9 sort it out!!

Steve, I can understand your frustration. Come back in one day or two and you will soon see the real M9 V5. What you experience (slow loading time, unable to read comments etc) aren't bugs, they are problems we have with sudden flux of traffic.

+Quote Post
shalu2173
post Jan 6 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Group: Certified Themer
Member No.: 1357744

It has become really lovely..
Hope it remains user friendly also.

What is bothering me is i m not able to upload my themes..Whenever i upload it comes back to upload page without uploading the theme..

I know u r doing ur best to make it convenient n fast but we need to upload soon in m9
Ur efforts truely deserve applaud.. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clapping.gif)

Really loving the new face of M9

Thanks n happy new year to all the team members of M9

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Jan 6 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 583675

QUOTE (SteveToon @ Jan 6 2009, 11:02 PM) *
C'mon M9 sort it out!!

no offense meant, but a bunch of amateurs wouldn't even get close to designing a site like this (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) the site was updated just yesterday, and an operation like this puts a huge load on the servers, which might explain the slow speed you are getting. it can be pretty frustating, true, but come back in a day or two when things are stabilised and the pages will load faster (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

as for the bugs, we are actively sorting them out. on the homepage of the site, on the top right, you will see a link where you can report bugs.

cheers...

+Quote Post
technokid1974
post Jan 6 2009, 09:59 PM
Post #8

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 736652

at the moment i cant log in from my account only way of logging in 4 me is from forums
and yes it take so long 2 load pages hope it will be fixed very soon, i cant see my homesite
and cant see anything at the moment except forums, also cant see smileys in forums is this normal 4 know?

This post has been edited by technokid1974: Jan 6 2009, 10:21 PM

+Quote Post
Nemesis101
post Jan 6 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #9

Group: Members
Member No.: 3163854

I think common sense has to kick in here for some members, especially new members like Steve & realise this new V5 is not a tweak here & there or a simple colour change... we are talking about a complete overhaul of this sites presentation, navigation & over all site experience where also it has been designed in such a way to also attract new members eager to contribute to this site.
Of course there are bugs in the system, i mean all i have been able to do thus far is simply log in but its far too soon to be trying to pick fault, besides....soon the bugs will be addressed & this new design for M9 will be buzzing, then those a little too quick to complain will be eating humble pie.

Well done team.... give yourself a pat on the back... you deserve it !

+Quote Post
sam1374
post Jan 6 2009, 11:57 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Themer
Member No.: 1324029

Really Loved the new M9 V5......Its awesome

+Quote Post
sam1374
post Jan 7 2009, 12:03 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Group: Legendary Themer
Member No.: 1324029

Really Loved the new M9 V5......Its awesome

+Quote Post
boxieblue
post Jan 7 2009, 12:15 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

Group: Junior Admin Team
Member No.: 583675

i couldn't find any other suggestions thread, so i am posting this here-

1. i lost all my downloads on my 2 latest files. just wanted to know if it is a bug and the count will return? or are they lost forever?

2. another important i would like to mention is there is no direct link to the forums thru the M9 homepage/gallery. i have to type in teh forum address directly to come here. can u add a link????

+Quote Post
NVDVS1
post Jan 7 2009, 01:53 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

Group: Rising Themer
Member No.: 1096993

Well done all, I click my sigy in profile page and get error 404 and clicking NVDVS1 on home page as well. And to download I got 49 left today, the popup download this file came up and I lost a download point. Just tried to upload s60 3rd theme and hit submit and went back to the first page.

This post has been edited by NVDVS1: Jan 7 2009, 02:07 AM

+Quote Post
castleboyz
post Jan 7 2009, 02:08 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Group: Gallery Moderator
Member No.: 1674422

M9 V5 Looks so Cool. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cool.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
M9 Forum is great with many features like new skins,fonts, text editor, Friends and so on. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/10.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/clap.gif) (IMG:style_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif)
--------

QUOTE (boxieblue @ Jan 7 2009, 12:45 PM) *
i couldn't find any other suggestions thread, so i am posting this here-

1. i lost all my downloads on my 2 latest files. just wanted to know if it is a bug and the count will return? or are they lost forever?

2. another important i would like to mention is there is no direct link to the forums thru the M9 homepage/gallery. i have to type in teh forum address directly to come here. can u add a link????

As Boxie mentioned there's no direct link to M9 forums from the Mobile9 Gallery. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/sad.gif)
Also that I can only login from the M9 Home page. Other login sections takes time and not responding. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/unsure.gif)

+Quote Post
Branislaw
post Jan 7 2009, 02:11 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Group: Gifted Themer
Member No.: 3033118

Well, lets say something about new look and feel...I am little disappointed... Why?

1. Changes are small...only possibility to put YOU TUBE on PROFILE page is new, really new... (I don`t count things like DELETE ACCOUNT,GIFTS...)
2. I still can`t put some FLASH animation on my profile page...
3. We can`t change background (We can in previous version of Mobile9), now it looks like we have same profile pages...
4. Bugs...I know this is just beginning but now I can`t even see my profile page...no uploads in gallery (continues bug from previous version)...it`s very slow....only three themes seen on profile page!!!? (In previous version five themes on profile page)...
5. I hope you guys fix these problems soon,very soon...

+Quote Post

130 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st September 2014 - 12:37 PM