IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Diva Gem Bt Mp3 Player, MP3 player with bluetooth function
maciej
post Aug 23 2004, 04:23 AM
Post #1

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 33531

There is an MP3 player with bluetooth function, so you can use it as BT headset. http://www.daisymm.com/l/en/news/dgem_bth.htm

I've heard that there can be problems with some phones specially sonyericsson and diva gem.

Has anybody tried diva gem and have some comments on it?

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
kille9
post Oct 4 2004, 03:38 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 34591

Hi!
I have bought Diva Gem with bluetooth. I have a SE K700. To make call with the diva works fine, even the voice dialing function works. But I cant answer calls with the diva...Don't know what I'm doing wrong...Doese someone know???

I can't connect the diva withe the phone, because then the phone don't tranfer the call to the diva. But if I only activate the bluetooth on the phone, the phone will transfer the call...But I cant answer the call in the diva...as I wrote above.
but after one call the phone is connected to the dvia, and if i recive another call, the phone won't transfere the call to diva...so every second call transfers to diva, but I cant answer it....
Does someone knows whats wrong...
I have mailed to divas support, but have not recive any answer....Still waiting...

+Quote Post
augustborn99
post Oct 4 2004, 08:28 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 1095

i dont think its anything youre doing. the product is new, so it has its bugs

+Quote Post
kille9
post Oct 4 2004, 02:48 PM
Post #4

This is the answer I've got from the support:

Thank you for choosing our product.

I have seen the player pair and work correctly with a SonyEricsson T610 and 630, as well as Nokia 6600. I have personally paired it with a Bluetooth enabled computer, and it works, too. The software I used was from www.broadcom.com.
The problem seems to be with the K700, because sometimes it pairs correctly, and from that point on it works perfectly. There is some problem with the initial pairing, and our engineers put a K700 through hell to see what's going on, but they cannot fix the problem by changing the Diva Gem.
I am sorry I cannot help you with this problem,

Best regards,
Emil Nachev

Customer Support
Daisy Multimedia Ltd.
support@daisymm.com
http://www.daisymm.com

I mailed back and asked if its gonna be possible to uppgrade the MP3-player with new firmware (if they solve the problem with K700), but I haven't recieved any answer yet. But I'll post it as soon I recvies it.

Does anybody knows any more MP3 players that have the same functionality (bluetooth)??

+Quote Post
augustborn99
post Oct 4 2004, 06:09 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Admin Team
Member No.: 1095

try updating your k7 firmware

+Quote Post
kille9
post Oct 4 2004, 10:21 PM
Post #6

I have the latest firmware in the phone...just uppdated...
So that don't work....

+Quote Post
Agge-
post Oct 5 2004, 12:33 AM
Post #7

Group: Members
Member No.: 25445

well i´ve tested Diva mp3 player with K700 and it don´t work, the reson for it is "the SoE firmware dosen´t support it for now, but they are working on it."

We sell the Diva Mp3 player in my store (the phonehouse - Sweden) And i contacted the representitive for Diva Mp3 players, and this is what he told me.

He also said, "just hang on there is gonna be a solution in the next k700 firmware i hope.

That´s why your Diva Mp3 player isn´t working with your SoE K700. It´s also ain´t working with Z600, Z1010, P800, P900. P910 and T610, the only knownd working phone with this player is T630 with the newest firmware.

+Quote Post
kille9
post Oct 5 2004, 02:02 AM
Post #8

Hi Agge!

I'm fråm Sweden to...men det är nog bäst att vi snaclkar engelska på det här forumet..

I have tested Diva with SE T68 and it works perfectly!
So Diva only supports SE T68 and T630.... :robbed:

How long should I wait....Sony Ericsson have already released a new firmware....and I don't think they release another so soon..
How high priority has this problem on Sony?

This email came fronm support on Diva:

It is not a Diva Gem firmware related issue, so meddling in the firmware won't solve it. There seems to be a workaround for the problem though; make a voice call from the Diva Gem. This is done by pairing the devices, then pressing and holding the play button on the mp3 player to make the voice call. Then you can simply close the call from the phone, and after that it should work fine. Or, that is what happened with the K700 of a colleague when it was being dissected here :)

I haven't tried this yet...but I doubt i works...And if it works...do I hve to do this every time I use Diva player...

+Quote Post
kille9
post Oct 5 2004, 02:42 AM
Post #9

Now have I tested what I wrote in the last post.

It work also if you pair the to (K700 and Diva) and make a call from the phone. In the phone display it says "do you want the call in your phone" and yes or no...you of course press NO. Somebody must not answer the phonecall you make, its enought to hang up after one signal, but the the Diva works like its suppose to do.
But you must preform this action every time you want to use your phone with Diva...

+Quote Post
kille9
post Oct 25 2004, 07:35 AM
Post #10

Hi!
Now I have tride the new firmware to Diva and it looks like it don't work any good with the K700, It's seems to work even wrost, because the diva hangs when you end a phoncall...so don't upgrade if you havn't done it already.

+Quote Post
tommy
post Oct 29 2004, 07:01 AM
Post #11

Member No.: 42516

Well Agge,

I own a SE T610 and it works perfectly with my Diva Gem. :10: have a coupple of friends with the same one and it works fine with theirs too. I also know a guy who uses a Diva Gem with P900 and he used to have P800 and used it with that phone too so I think you haven't really tried with those phones, have you?

Great little thing :clap2:

+Quote Post
kille9
post Nov 5 2004, 01:24 AM
Post #12

QUOTE(tommy @ Oct 30 2004, 12:01 AM)
Well Agge,

I own a SE T610 and it works perfectly with my Diva Gem. :10: have a coupple of friends with the same one and it works fine with theirs too. I also know a guy who uses a Diva Gem with P900 and he used to have P800 and used it with that phone too so I think you haven't really tried with those phones, have you?

Great little thing  :clap2:
[right][snapback]78493[/snapback][/right]

No I haven't tried thoses phones...
But I have been in contact with Diva and they say, that they have problems with the new phones, like T630, Z600, K700

But they are trying to solve it...

What is your firmwareversion?

+Quote Post
leyne
post Nov 9 2004, 07:05 PM
Post #13

Member No.: 45347

i am thinking of getting a 'diva gem'. does it support caller id when paired with p900 or t610? also, has anyone tried to pair it with bb 7100? want to make sure before i buy... thanks.
---
never enough toys

+Quote Post
mattias
post Nov 18 2004, 06:35 AM
Post #14

Member No.: 47858

Hi everyone!

I'm product manager for DIVA GEM products on the Swedish market.

Take a look at the compatibility list of phones that has been tested and works with DIVA GEM MP3 players.

Most information is in Swedish, but it tells that all those models work with DIVA GEM.

For the k700i there are still some problems but both diva and sn work on them.

Kompatibilitetslista
Headset funktionen i DIVA GEM följer Bluetooth standarden och fungerar med alla mobiltelefoner som har bluetooth funktion. Dock så kan det förekomma att bluetooth anslutningen ”går ned” för vissa mobiltelefoner, detta beror på att programvaran i mobiltelefoner implementeras på olika sätt.

Nedanstående mobiltelefonmodeller är testade och kompatibiliteten är bekräftad från DIVA.

Ericsson R520
Ericsson T39
Ericsson T68m
Motorola E398
Motorola E680
Motorola V525 - raboti
Motorola V600 - raboti
Nokia 3650
Nokia 3660
Nokia 6230
Nokia 6310
Nokia 6310i
Nokia 6600
Nokia 6820
Nokia 7610
Nokia 7650
Nokia 8910
Nokia 8910i
Nokia N-Gage
Nokia N-Gage QD
Sharp GX30
Sharp GX32
Siemens S55
Siemens SX1
Sony Ericsson T68i
Sony Ericsson T610
Sony Ericsson T630
Sony Ericsson P800
Sony Ericsson P900
Sony Ericsson Z600

För nedanstående mobiltelefoner kan Bluetooth anslutningen “gå ned”, både DIVA och tillverkaren av mobiltelefonen jobbar med att lösa detta problem.

Sony Ericsson K700i

+Quote Post
mattias
post Nov 18 2004, 06:51 AM
Post #15

Member No.: 47858

Another thing, there is a FAQ on DIVA products at www.gandalf.se (in swedish), click on support, HelpDesk link and search "diva".

80% of all questions are answered there.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd August 2014 - 02:56 AM