IPB

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [motorola V557] Jack Sparrow
battybrawni
post Jul 27 2007, 07:51 PM
Post #1

Group: Partial Members
Member No.: 1697214

I'd like to request a Jack Sparrow Skin please.

Wallpaper: http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t130/ba...w_by_JPRart.jpg

I"d like to see the wallpaper on most window backgrounds with other componants looking like they're from a weathered ship (Dark reds, browns and tan/gold colors) with a pirate type feel.

I'm really hoping for a skin with a great old timey feel.

I would gladly make one myself, but sadly my skill level is only good enough for using WYSIWYG type programs.

This is my first post here at the forums, so I appologize in advance if this is in the wrong place or there's some rule I managed to skip in all those faqs!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
battybrawni
post Aug 31 2007, 07:26 PM
Post #2

I"m bumping this mainly to ask if there may be a better place to request a skin/theme for my style of motorola phone since it looks like there's no one here who does skins for the v557 here.

+Quote Post
DeZal
post Aug 31 2007, 08:19 PM
Post #3

Group: Super Members
Member No.: 1097426

Hi battybrawni and welcome to M9,

If you place a request in Pimp My Phone Thread. I can't promise anything as there is a shortage of Moto Skinners at the moment.

+Quote Post
romanom
post Sep 3 2007, 11:24 AM
Post #4

Member No.: 922647

QUOTE(battybrawni @ Jul 27 2007, 09:51 PM)
I'd like to request a Jack Sparrow Skin please.

Wallpaper: http://i159.photobucket.com/albums/t130/ba...w_by_JPRart.jpg

I"d like to see the wallpaper on most window backgrounds with other componants looking like they're from a weathered ship (Dark reds, browns and tan/gold colors) with a pirate type feel.

I'm really hoping for a skin with a great old timey feel. 

I would gladly make one myself, but sadly my skill level is only good enough for using WYSIWYG type programs. 

This is my first post here at the forums, so I appologize in advance if this is in the wrong place or there's some rule I managed to skip in all those faqs!
[right][snapback]380089[/snapback][/right]

battybrawni, got your request and I'll do what I can, however it may take awhile and I've never done a skin for a V557 (only for the V3) so I have to research to make sure they are the same as I only have software for the V3.

In the mean-time you can look at this skin and see if it works, since it's already done. You'll only need to change the wallpaper, easily done.

http://www.modmymoto.com/forums/downloads....do=file&id=4546

http://www.motox.info/showthread.php?t=9257

+Quote Post
battybrawni
post Sep 5 2007, 07:19 PM
Post #5

Thanks for looking into this request! I"ll check out the skin you linked to as well. hehe, the Incredibles skin in the second link is something I may have to download too. Thanks for sharing!

I'll reply again once I find out if the other skin works on my phone.

*edit* I tried the skin you linked to and though it shows and most everything works, it lags down my phone horribly. I also tried the Incredibles skin and it had much less bugs, though no cool icons like the pirates one (the icon table in the pirates one acted extremely weird).

I think it may help to know I've done no extra moding to my phone other than the skin uploads. The origional 3x3 icon table is just fine by me.

Hope this all helps.

This post has been edited by battybrawni: Sep 5 2007, 08:28 PM

+Quote Post
romanom
post Sep 7 2007, 02:21 PM
Post #6

QUOTE(battybrawni @ Sep 5 2007, 09:19 PM)
Thanks for looking into this request!  I"ll check out the skin you linked to as well.  hehe, the Incredibles skin in the second link is something I may have to download too.  Thanks for sharing!

I'll reply again once I find out if the other skin works on my phone.

*edit*  I tried the skin you linked to and though it shows  and most everything works, it lags down my phone horribly.   I also tried the Incredibles skin and it had much less bugs, though no cool icons like the pirates one (the icon table in the pirates one acted extremely weird). 

I think it may help to know I've done no extra moding to my phone other than the skin uploads. The origional 3x3 icon table is just fine by me.   

Hope this all helps.
[right][snapback]400727[/snapback][/right]

Well the good news is that V3 skins work on your phone so I don't have to worry about that. The skin is probably very large so it's taking up a lot of resources on your phone slowing thinks down.

Most of those skins are between 500 KB -1500 KB, the ones will lots of fancy graphics are usually over 1000 KB. That's a lot if you only have 5-10 MB free to begin with, the downside of custom skins.

This post has been edited by romanom: Sep 7 2007, 02:37 PM

+Quote Post
battybrawni
post Sep 7 2007, 07:32 PM
Post #7

so far all the 3*3 icon style skins I've downloaded have worked fine. it's the 4*3 that messed it up. I"m not looking for anything all that fancy really. just a recolor of something basic is fine.

+Quote Post
romanom
post Sep 10 2007, 10:47 AM
Post #8

QUOTE(battybrawni @ Sep 7 2007, 09:32 PM)
so far all the 3*3 icon style skins I've downloaded have worked fine.  it's the 4*3 that messed it up.  I"m not looking for anything all that fancy really.  just a recolor of something basic is fine.
[right][snapback]401779[/snapback][/right]

Yeah, if you have to have the menu file that allows 4x3 otherwise if won't work.

Started work, but going slowly, sorry, time is just at a premuim right now.

+Quote Post
battybrawni
post Sep 10 2007, 04:12 PM
Post #9

I understand. take all the time you need. I totally understand as my busy season for work is about to begin as well.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd September 2014 - 01:31 PM